Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3299978 times)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #17160 on: December 13, 2017, 12:15:40 pm »
We are short on fit defenders. Fully understandable why Lovren was subbed as opposed to an attacker given Moreno was forced off too.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:17:40 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17161 on: December 13, 2017, 12:24:45 pm »
Didn't someone get a 'holiday' on here for doing just that?
Nah, I doubt it.  Maybe if you flat-out called them a c*nt or some such hyperbole but you wouldn't get a ban for saying you don't like someone's contributions.

Hiya, Paul Senior.  :wave ;D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17162 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:30 pm »
Yeah, I felt Senior was a bit one-note. I guess the point of the Pink (oh, and you should call it that lads, it's a great name) is to be emotional, but him still being exactly as slightly peeved on the main show was fairly repetitive.

As someone was saying about "all the grey stuff in between" (possibly in -HH-'s post), I think Neil and John are brilliant at this. Some of the chat on the AFQ football that he was on was great - about refs and media biases. Really well thought out opinions that just don't get much voicing in the conventional hustle and bustle of commenting on games and narratives.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #17163 on: December 13, 2017, 12:57:28 pm »
Yeah, I felt Senior was a bit one-note. I guess the point of the Pink (oh, and you should call it that lads, it's a great name) is to be emotional, but him still being exactly as slightly peeved on the main show was fairly repetitive.

As someone was saying about "all the grey stuff in between" (possibly in -HH-'s post), I think Neil and John are brilliant at this. Some of the chat on the AFQ football that he was on was great - about refs and media biases. Really well thought out opinions that just don't get much voicing in the conventional hustle and bustle of commenting on games and narratives.

I loved that discussion on media bias as much as anything because no-one was daft enough to say the media are all against us. In fact, you're probably right that the talk in the grey areas was what made it so great.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17164 on: December 13, 2017, 01:05:00 pm »
Even when everyone is understandably pissed off for various reasons I still find it a good listen (and cathartic too after a bad result). That said I think my views on the Derby must closely aligned to Rob Guttman’s.

Listened to it in bed last night and think I dozed off before the end (one for the official reviews there) so will go back and listen to the media bias but.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #17165 on: December 13, 2017, 01:13:37 pm »
Even when everyone is understandably pissed off for various reasons I still find it a good listen (and cathartic too after a bad result). That said I think my views on the Derby must closely aligned to Rob Guttman’s.

Listened to it in bed last night and think I dozed off before the end (one for the official reviews there) so will go back and listen to the media bias but.

It's on the most recent AFQ Football.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline PaulSenior

• Main Stander
  • And its off to the match we go...
« Reply #17166 on: December 13, 2017, 01:35:45 pm »

Hiya, Paul Senior.  :wave ;D

I won't be going anywhere my love, so i'd consider getting over that. x
@PaulSenior1

Offline PaulSenior

• Main Stander
  • And its off to the match we go...
« Reply #17167 on: December 13, 2017, 01:37:59 pm »

10 hours time between the shows recordings wasn't exactly going to allow the dust to settle so much was it?

I apologise for being upset at not winning a derby agains the worst Everton side i've ever witnessed, and losing an opportunity to gain/close ground on rivals.
@PaulSenior1

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #17168 on: December 13, 2017, 04:44:05 pm »
10 hours time between the shows recordings wasn't exactly going to allow the dust to settle so much was it?

I apologise for being upset at not winning a derby agains the worst Everton side i've ever witnessed, and losing an opportunity to gain/close ground on rivals.

Don't think you need to defend yourself Paul. You'll never please everyone.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17169 on: December 13, 2017, 05:42:34 pm »
I won't be going anywhere my love, so i'd consider getting over that. x
Wouldn't have it any other way, babes.x
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17170 on: December 14, 2017, 08:06:46 am »
Andy, why not dig deep into TAW’s millions and sort a massive fuck off mail drop of Neil’s Henderson diatribe on The Pink, get one of those planes that drag the banners, and drop them right into Anfield during a game, right into the mouths of the fat, iPad eating, moaning bastards that get on Henderson’s back.

Nailed it, TAW moment of 2017 right there.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #17171 on: December 14, 2017, 09:35:22 am »
Andy, why not dig deep into TAW’s millions and sort a massive fuck off mail drop of Neil’s Henderson diatribe on The Pink, get one of those planes that drag the banners, and drop them right into Anfield during a game, right into the mouths of the fat, iPad eating, moaning bastards that get on Henderson’s back.

Wonder how much Henderon paid him to say that.
:D

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #17172 on: December 14, 2017, 09:59:51 am »

Neil on Henderson was absolutely brilliant and hit the nail on the head.

A lot of people's defence of Henderson comes from the disproportionate criticism he receives rather than necessarily thinking he's an amazing player. But there's a part of our fanbase that thinks removing Henderson solves all our problems. It means a reasonable debate about his and the other midfielders weaknesses and strengths descends into nonsense.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #17173 on: December 14, 2017, 10:38:57 am »
Haha.

The silver lining I’m taking from all this is that 2017/18 is going to make for an amazing What We Call History, when the time comes.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #17174 on: December 14, 2017, 10:53:07 am »
Haha.

The silver lining I’m taking from all this is that 2017/18 is going to make for an amazing What We Call History, when the time comes.

Wonder what their next one is after 05/06, though for some reason I imagine 05/06 lasting for another 300 glorious episodes.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #17175 on: December 14, 2017, 12:33:20 pm »
Wonder what their next one is after 05/06, though for some reason I imagine 05/06 lasting for another 300 glorious episodes.

One of Souness seasons that will extent further to his whole stint and Liverpool's descend from the top. Has to be.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #17176 on: December 14, 2017, 12:53:46 pm »

Guess what? Nothing.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #17177 on: December 14, 2017, 12:59:45 pm »
Guess what? Nothing.

Poor form Robbo, I thought that was so over the top no one could actually miss the sarcasm.

I wasn't fishing but who doesn't like a free fish ;D

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #17178 on: December 14, 2017, 01:16:29 pm »
I loved Neil's Hendo rant. Reminded me a lot of what I wrote further up in terms of over-defending Klopp because the criticism at times  (Not from the TAW guys to be clear) but put a lot better.

In that situation outside though I reckon I'd have been following Robbo to Homebake!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #17179 on: December 14, 2017, 01:21:14 pm »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #17180 on: December 14, 2017, 01:33:50 pm »
Hmmmm ... no Talking Reds today? I guess it would have been 'Swearing Reds' so fair play  ;D

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #17181 on: December 14, 2017, 01:48:17 pm »
Hmmmm ... no Talking Reds today? I guess it would have been 'Swearing Reds' so fair play  ;D

It’s coming
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #17182 on: December 14, 2017, 01:49:32 pm »
It’s coming

On it now, cheers!

Edit: Very good, everyone calmed down. I do enjoy these. The daily Papers round-up thing is good too, enjoyed the Owl dig and the Atko story  ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:13:44 pm by Redsnappa »

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17183 on: December 14, 2017, 02:11:18 pm »
I usually subscribe for the What We Call History shows alone, worth the fiver on its own. Couple of seasons that haven't been done where there could be a lot of talking points:

1990-91 - our blistering start to the season, Kenny resigning, reaction to Souness's appointment, were there signs the empire was crumbling, the changing landscape of football post-1990 WC etc.

1996-97 - one of the rare title challenges in the 90s.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17184 on: December 14, 2017, 03:02:46 pm »
I usually subscribe for the What We Call History shows alone, worth the fiver on its own. Couple of seasons that haven't been done where there could be a lot of talking points:

1990-91 - our blistering start to the season, Kenny resigning, reaction to Souness's appointment, were there signs the empire was crumbling, the changing landscape of football post-1990 WC etc.

1996-97 - one of the rare title challenges in the 90s.

I'm still holding out for the 1923 season. Mad one that.

Wiki: The team were well on their way to a second successive Championship the following season, when in February 1923 Ashworth (manager) left the table-topping side to return to Oldham, then at the bottom of the league. Oldham ended the season relegated, while Liverpool only won one of their last seven games, but still won the Championship by six points.

What a set of lads. ;D

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #17185 on: December 14, 2017, 03:08:17 pm »
Rafaesque career move by Ashworth there.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17186 on: December 14, 2017, 04:00:27 pm »
No idea. Just think it's funny when people air their opinions. Never know, you might get on Talking Reds ;D

Ok then,

I find it very tough listening to Melissa Reddy, I've always hating listening to show, radio or podcast where people regularly interrupt and I think she's the worst. In order to get her points across she just seems to talk over other people, getting louder and louder and it drives me nuts. I also think she takes about 4 sentences to say something which most people could say in one, so I'm just waiting for her to actually get to the point without all the unnecessary, fluffy language.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #17187 on: December 14, 2017, 04:35:08 pm »
I think the point is that some people aren't arsed about talking or even thinking in depth about football. Or at least vocalising about it. Going the game and following the Reds is a visceral, rather than analytical, process. I know quite a few Reds who go the game who are similar. Love going the game. Love everything that surrounds it. Hurts them when we lose. But they have very little interest in dissecting the games in analytical or statistical detail.

I would say that when I went the game regularly I was more like that. I probably think more analytically watching football now. To be fair it's less enjoyable that way but it's the way I fell pushed into since swapping the majority of my football watching from at the game to watching on the TV/computer. Suppose it's much harder to get caught up in the emotional aspects when watching the TV.

A very good point, very well made.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #17188 on: December 14, 2017, 04:36:07 pm »
Ok then,

I find it very tough listening to Melissa Reddy, I've always hating listening to show, radio or podcast where people regularly interrupt and I think she's the worst. In order to get her points across she just seems to talk over other people, getting louder and louder and it drives me nuts. I also think she takes about 4 sentences to say something which most people could say in one, so I'm just waiting for her to actually get to the point without all the unnecessary, fluffy language.

Fair enough. I like her, but then I kind of like everyone on there. Even Mike Nevin who I tend to disagree with more than others comes across as a good, passionate red with interesting stuff to say.

Each to their own though.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #17189 on: December 14, 2017, 06:27:06 pm »
My favouite TAW presenter by a country mile is Neil he’s  a born broadcaster he’s quite brilliant actually.
Kenny Godglish

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17190 on: December 14, 2017, 06:47:38 pm »

But a crux of it was Henderson is flawed, but less flawed than Gini or Can - but you can’t have a grown up discussion because of the levels of filth thrown at Henderson: hardly the ringing endorsement Henderson would be getting his Inter Milan brown envelope ready for.

You have to wonder what people hear. Or choose to hear.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:51:54 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #17191 on: December 14, 2017, 10:31:34 pm »
If I hear one more BREAK GLASS or DAMNING WITH FAINT PRAISE I'm gonna come over to Liverpool and fight the lot of ya...all at once!!!!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17192 on: December 14, 2017, 11:32:33 pm »
Neil's observation on Henderson was brilliant.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17193 on: December 15, 2017, 12:38:51 am »
Been happier since I removed TAW's and general Liverpool fanbase's negativity from my life. Shame, it was good while it lasted.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #17194 on: December 15, 2017, 07:29:00 am »
My favouite TAW presenter by a country mile is Neil he’s  a born broadcaster he’s quite brilliant actually.
He's certainly a talented broadcaster. Better than the vast majority we hear on tv/radio.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #17195 on: December 15, 2017, 12:16:43 pm »
But a crux of it was Henderson is flawed, but less flawed than Gini or Can - but you can’t have a grown up discussion because of the levels of filth thrown at Henderson: hardly the ringing endorsement Henderson would be getting his Inter Milan brown envelope ready for.

You have to wonder what people hear. Or choose to hear.

I know mate, I was taking the piss ;D Go back to page 425 you'll see I'm having a giggle at some similarly garbage posts about Henderson.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17196 on: December 15, 2017, 12:20:40 pm »
Been happier since I removed TAW's and general Liverpool fanbase's negativity from my life. Shame, it was good while it lasted.
What are you doing posting in a TAW thread on a Liverpool fanbase forum then?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17197 on: December 15, 2017, 12:43:16 pm »

did the nasty men say mean things?  :'(
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #17198 on: December 15, 2017, 01:23:29 pm »
What are you doing posting in a TAW thread on a Liverpool fanbase forum then?

Have you seen his posting history? A thing of beauty.  ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17199 on: December 15, 2017, 02:40:43 pm »

Oh you must have loved how Emre played on Wednesday