The Liverpool FC Forum > The History Board - 1892 to 1994

The history of Liverpool FC in pictures

<< < (272/272)

Johann Gambolputty:
Will always be a LFC legend for me

Johann Gambolputty:

--- Quote from: Barneylfc on June 23, 2016, 02:56:12 pm ---Anyone know who this is in the picture?

--- End quote ---
I know I'm a few years late here but I think that might be Colin Russell.

Perham:

With Liverpool possibly winning the title in late Summer this year, a look back at the year 1946-47 when we won it on the 14th June. It had been one of the harshest Winters in years which led to many games being postponed well in to early Summer time. When Liverpool beat Wolves at Molineux in their last game of the season, they had to wait 2 weeks to find out that they'd won the league. They were actually playing Everton in the final of the Liverpool senior cup when the news came through that stoke had lost to Sheffield United, making Liverpool the first post war champions. Just thought it was a nice little story to share.

Perham:
So Liverpool are finally league champions after 30 years of waiting and number 19 is finally here. Here's a picture of the 1900/01 side, the first Liverpool team to win it.

Red Sky at Night:

--- Quote from: Perham on July 23, 2020, 03:44:19 pm ---So Liverpool are finally league champions after 30 years of waiting and number 19 is finally here. Here's a picture of the 1900/01 side, the first Liverpool team to win it.

--- End quote ---

Wonderful picture.... A great team of heroes for Liverpool. Tom Watson was a fine manager, and what a bowler hat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version