Author Topic: FA Cup Final: Liverpool 0 v 0 Chelsea AET Liverpool win 5-6 on pens  (Read 49699 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: FA Cup Final: Liverpool v Chelsea
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2022, 05:28:39 pm »
41 We are back to building up our possession, for a second it looked as though Jota was going to try a shot, but he doesn't. This is the problem we need to solve, just not making enough direct chances.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2022, 05:30:25 pm »
43 No surprise Chelsea get another free kick, in midfield. The game is a bit of a stalemate at the moment.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2022, 05:31:21 pm »
Just saying to my son that Jota is the best finisher we have and is deadly on half chances….

I’ve cursed him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2022, 05:31:42 pm »
44 So close, a real good opportunity Jota should have done better. Mane nicks the ball we move into the Chelsea area, a great delivery with pace from Robbo but Jota puts it over the bar.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2022, 05:32:35 pm »
45+4

Into added on time and this time Chelsea have a chance but Lakaku puts it wide.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2022, 05:33:52 pm »
46 We actually get a free kick, but then waste it by pushing it too far and it goes out for a goal kick.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2022, 05:35:43 pm »
48 The game really slowed down, neither team has been clinical enough. Half time 0-0.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2022, 05:50:19 pm »
45 back under way.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2022, 05:51:44 pm »
46 early chance for Chelsea.  Mount is offside and leaves it, everyone stops and it’s crossed to Alonso who puts it wide.

Then Pulisic shoots and Allison saves well.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2022, 05:52:37 pm »
47 free kick to Chelsea.  Like a hockey short corner

Alonso hits it direct

And it’s off the bar!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 05:54:13 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2022, 05:52:45 pm »
Looks like Chelsea have had a rocket at half time.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2022, 05:56:18 pm »
51 whipped cross to the back post by TAA.  Hits Robbo inthe midriff and goes behind

Chance that.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2022, 05:57:06 pm »
52 comes to Diaz on the edge of the D, he turns and shoots and it’s just past the post.

Keeper had no chance if it’s the other side of the post.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2022, 05:58:00 pm »
Jota through the centre there as well in the move.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2022, 06:00:32 pm »
56 good spell by Chelsea.  Cross by James but it’s just ahead of Alonso.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2022, 06:04:42 pm »
59 Diaz receives the ball and is hacked down. Ref gives nothing ..bizarre that …
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 06:09:55 pm by Peabee »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2022, 06:05:19 pm »
60 Keita feeds Jota on the right of the area, he shoots just past the post.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2022, 06:07:41 pm »
62 insane pass by Thiago to find Robbo, his cross is headed behind for a corner (they could have left that too!)

It’s poor.  All our corners have been poor today mind.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2022, 06:08:21 pm »
62 another corner.

Headed back by Hendo and the keeper takes.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2022, 06:08:26 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2022, 06:09:50 pm »
63 We are at least coming back into the game, looks like Kante is coming on for Chelsea.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2022, 06:10:03 pm »
59 Diaz receives the ball and is hacked down. Ref gives nothing ..bizarre that …

As long as we only have white, English, and 99% male, referees in the league and cups, there will be prejudice unfortunately. I’m not saying it’s corruption, but there’s bound to be unconscious bias when the pool of officials isn’t as diverse as the the pool of players
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2022, 06:10:47 pm »
As long as we only have white, English, and 99% male, referees in the league and cups, there will be prejudice unfortunately. I’m not saying it’s corruption, but there’s bound to be unconscious bias when the pool of officials isn’t as diverse as the the pool of players
Diaz gets nothing.  It’s just like Salah. You can do anything to them.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2022, 06:11:07 pm »
64 A better move there but the shot by Keita is straight at Mendy.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2022, 06:11:37 pm »
64 A better move there but the shot by Keita is straight at Mendy.
There were three players waiting to pounce there.  Mendy did well to hold.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2022, 06:11:50 pm »
65 Kante on for Koviac.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2022, 06:13:49 pm »
67 I really wonder whether we need some fresh legs on at the moment, like there Trent has to throw the ball really long as no one is making themselves available.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2022, 06:14:45 pm »
This game is weird.

It’s like we’re taking it it turns to have the ball.   5 minutes each then switch
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2022, 06:15:03 pm »
68 A foul on Mane predictably ignored but we manage to keep hold of the ball which ends up with Diaz and he curls it beautifully but over the bar.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2022, 06:15:33 pm »
Bit aimless at the moment...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2022, 06:16:03 pm »
This game is weird.

It’s like we’re taking it it turns to have the ball.   5 minutes each then switch

I'm not sure if conditions are good for a game like this, it looks like its taking its toll on players.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2022, 06:17:01 pm »
70 Milner about to come on.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2022, 06:18:38 pm »
Diaz gets nothing.  It’s just like Salah. You can do anything to them.

There are lots of black, Asian, or non-British referees in the U.K., but they never seem to make it to the top leagues. The first non-British referee was an Australian, and that only happened last September.

It’s like a clique, which often generate their own biases.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2022, 06:18:44 pm »
I'm not sure if conditions are good for a game like this, it looks like its taking its toll on players.
It’s only 21 …it’s not that hot
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2022, 06:18:55 pm »
72 End to end there, first Chelsea attack, but we manage to block the ball. Then we break and once again foiled again, as Mendy gets to the ball first. Milner on for Keita.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2022, 06:19:28 pm »
It’s only 21 …it’s not that hot

Wasn't meaning the weather, a big pitch and very tired players.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2022, 06:20:37 pm »
Wasn't meaning the weather, a big pitch and very tired players.
Ah!
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2022, 06:21:14 pm »
Ah!

I do think there is a bit of mental tiredness maybe amongst the players hardly a surprise the number of games involved.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2022, 06:22:48 pm »
75 Chelsea get a corner after Robbo misjudges the ball, Trent did well with a block. We clear and then break the move ends with James going in on Thiago.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2022, 06:23:58 pm »
77 Thiago still down, refuses to shake hands with James. He is up now.