The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Taiwo Awoniyi

<< < (9/12) > >>

BarryCrocker:

--- Quote from: xbugawugax on December  4, 2021, 04:50:14 am ---knew theres a decent player in him somewhere once he settled down.

hope edwards include some sell on clause for him. Think he could go for some decent amount when he decides to step up to a bigger club.

--- End quote ---

Only 10%.

Fromola:

--- Quote from: RyanBabel19 on November 23, 2021, 02:34:12 pm ---The thing is, he’s doing great but he’s getting the minutes to perform which is great for him but I don’t think it would really translate here. It’s hard to play your way into form with the odd cup game and 10-15 minutes or less here and there, especially as a striker

--- End quote ---

Could have gone back on loan with a recall option for Jan/AFCON if we weren't going to sign anyone.

The sale made sense if we were getting someone in.

jckliew:
Taiwo's piling on the goal numbers

RyanBabel19:

--- Quote from: Fromola on December  4, 2021, 09:57:34 am ---Could have gone back on loan with a recall option for Jan/AFCON if we weren't going to sign anyone.

--- End quote ---

We could but as he made clear himself, he wanted a permanent move. Cant really blame him either as loans are good for development but there comes a point any player wants a permanent home

Red Cactii:

--- Quote from: Fromola on December  4, 2021, 09:57:34 am ---Could have gone back on loan with a recall option for Jan/AFCON if we weren't going to sign anyone.

--- End quote ---

I mean the way he’s playing you’d think he’d be a shoe-in for the Nigerian National Team so the AFCON angle is non-existent.

I find the revisionism around his sale a bit odd, he barely got a look-in for us (even when he got a work permit) and it’s not like he was pulling up trees on loan. He wanted a permanent home, we negotiated a club-record (for Union Berlin) deal with a sell-on and he’s played really well this season and I’m really happy for him. Sure we may have been able to squeeze an extra euro or two but you can’t ‘win’ every deal and the fact someone who was far down our depth chart is proving he’s a good player means clubs will keep coming to us to buy those players which helps fund our bigger purchases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version