Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2512759 times)

Offline Corbykop

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #8120 on: January 18, 2024, 12:11:14 pm »
Not sure if there's a thread about it so apologies if it's the wrong one I've had a Forever Stone at the back of the new Main Stand since it was re-opened but having looked at it lately it's fading badly like all the other stones in those areas has anyone asked the club or heard anything about what they plan to do in this regard as it doesn't look very good even for other people trying to read incomprehensible wording?

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8121 on: January 18, 2024, 12:22:49 pm »
Not sure if there's a thread about it so apologies if it's the wrong one I've had a Forever Stone at the back of the new Main Stand since it was re-opened but having looked at it lately it's fading badly like all the other stones in those areas has anyone asked the club or heard anything about what they plan to do in this regard as it doesn't look very good even for other people trying to read incomprehensible wording?

We have one too and they're filthy dirty, especially in the winter - it's very hard to read the writing particularly in the evening. I've not heard anything regarding a clean-up.

Offline Corbykop

• Main Stander
« Reply #8122 on: January 22, 2024, 02:38:23 pm »
We have one too and they're filthy dirty, especially in the winter - it's very hard to read the writing particularly in the evening. I've not heard anything regarding a clean-up.

I would have thought it would be in the club's best interests to maintain them to a certain level as there's quite a bit of interest in them on match days and if fans see how they end up it would put anyone off in buying something similar in the future

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8123 on: January 22, 2024, 05:01:47 pm »
If you ask the club I think they go and clean them, although they really should just do them as a job lot rather than only when someone complains!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Corbykop

• Main Stander
« Reply #8124 on: January 26, 2024, 09:50:04 am »
I wrote to the club about the Forever stones and they replied 'thanks for bringing this to our attention and once the weather conditions are suitable the stones will be cleaned to improve overall appearance'

I'm amazed that this is not in some stadium maintenance/cleaning plan and is an ongoing procedure every few months or so and can't believe it's never been brought up before?

Anyway, hopefully it gets the necessary attention now

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8125 on: January 26, 2024, 09:52:28 am »
I wrote to the club about the Forever stones and they replied 'thanks for bringing this to our attention and once the weather conditions are suitable the stones will be cleaned to improve overall appearance'

I'm amazed that this is not in some stadium maintenance/cleaning plan and is an ongoing procedure every few months or so and can't believe it's never been brought up before?

Thanks for this. We’ve got arranged at the ARE and are waiting to hear from the club as to when it’s fitted.

We’ll certainly keep an eye on it’s maintenance.

Online Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #8126 on: January 27, 2024, 02:34:29 pm »

It probably is but weather conditions have not been favourable
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp