Author Topic: Kop to be expanded ...  (Read 171720 times)

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
Re: Kop to be expanded ...
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2018, 07:21:51 pm »
How many rows did the Kop get expanded by?
It didn't really, just a few of the rows towards the back were extended out to each side. Not sure on exact numbers but I think about 500 seats were added
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: August 31, 2018, 07:26:17 pm »
It didn't really, just a few of the rows towards the back were extended out to each side. Not sure on exact numbers but I think about 500 seats were added

I seem to recall earlier in the thread they were to partially compensate for adding disabled and wheelchair areas at the base of the Kop?  The added seats don't fully offset the loss in capacity so the Kop actually seats less now?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2021, 11:14:37 am »
LFC Managing Director Andy Hughes ‘not worried’ about the size of the Kop in comparison to the new stands

At 7.05 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3lRqkr_8w

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2021, 04:34:27 pm »
It’s not the size, it’s what you do with it that counts

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2021, 04:35:59 pm »
It’s not the size, it’s what you do with it that counts
Amen
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2021, 05:00:15 pm »
Although I'd always like to see a bigger Kop, the fact it will be smaller than the other stands doesn't bother me.

I see Anfield (atmosphere wise) something like a theatre. The Kop being the stage playing to the gallery steeped all around it. The size of the stage may be comparatively small, but with the right people on it the magic happens.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2021, 05:53:05 pm »
The worst thing that could happen to the Kop would be for it to be re-done/modernised. It’s old, uncomfortable, dark, the roofs way to low and the seats are far too close together. Which is everything that makes it perfect. Let the rest of the ground turn into a airy cinema, leave the Kop as it is, concentrate on making it safe standing and get the right people in there. Give me a spec up at the back in the dark with sweat dripping off the girders (pwhoooooar) any day.

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2021, 05:58:36 pm »
The worst thing that could happen to the Kop would be for it to be re-done/modernised. It’s old, uncomfortable, dark, the roofs way to low and the seats are far too close together. Which is everything that makes it perfect. Let the rest of the ground turn into a airy cinema, leave the Kop as it is, concentrate on making it safe standing and get the right people in there. Give me a spec up at the back in the dark with sweat dripping off the girders (pwhoooooar) any day.

this
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2021, 06:14:03 pm »

The Kop isn't THAT old you know. The current stand dates from the mid 90s, roughly around the time Everton last won a trophy.

Ah well, I guess that is pretty old though. ;D  8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2021, 08:24:06 pm »

A-fucking-men
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2021, 11:03:04 am »
I don’t sit in the kop but I think it’s looks great. All as one , dark and intimidating.