Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888035 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #13280 on: May 13, 2022, 08:13:16 am »
Any news whether he'll be okay for the weekend?
Sure I saw he trained yesterday, so should be fine
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #13281 on: May 15, 2022, 08:58:04 am »
Decent first half. I still think there is more to come from Keita (injuries permitting). The Under Pressure podcast we digging into the stats for Keita and basically Keita dribbling stats went down as his interceptions and tackles stats went up and now the dribbles stats are increasing again. Basically, Keita took a step back learning to be Gini now he has got that part of his game down he is now being Liepzig Keita again (more carries through midfield) but with a better defencive foundation.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13282 on: May 22, 2022, 06:23:55 pm »
Players looked nervous the first half which is understandable but they all were aggressive except for Naby. Wish he had the ego of
top players because he got the quality. Don't know its the pressure or me just being harsh on him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13283 on: May 22, 2022, 06:29:17 pm »
The man better have the game of his life next weekend.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13284 on: May 22, 2022, 06:32:38 pm »
The man better have the game of his life next weekend.

He has the quality to be our Thiago in the final but does he have the personality and aggression? I'm not so sure which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Milner starts the final

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13285 on: May 22, 2022, 06:40:46 pm »
He has the quality to be our Thiago in the final but does he have the personality and aggression? I'm not so sure which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Milner starts the final

That would be horrible.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13286 on: May 22, 2022, 07:05:33 pm »
Naby's redemption game in the CL final. Dragged off at Half time in the last games against both Madrids hopefully third time lucky. Needs to go full on Man City in the semi final pressing against Madrid's midfield.

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13287 on: May 22, 2022, 07:49:16 pm »
Unfortunately Keita has played more average games for us,  than he has powerful performances when he's selected.  Don't think I will have high hopes of him helping us dominate the midfield against Madrid (really hope I am proven wrong though)

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #13288 on: May 22, 2022, 07:59:28 pm »
Going ot be honest: I am petrified of starting Keita against Madrid.

It always seems to be that there is a chance of him just tototally letting his defensive game to pot once in a while, such that an entire half of football just collapses.
Maybe a bias....

But cant shake the feeling that he should not be starting against Madrid, would be a huge risk.
Would rather even Milner. Or if we want to go more offensive then Curtis or Elliot.

Crazy I know, but just something about the way Keita is perceived by me (pretty sure it is something ridiculous and irrational from me).
But if Fab and Thiago are not100% we are not exactly spoint for choice....
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13289 on: May 22, 2022, 09:37:25 pm »
We need to have Keita to have the game of his Liverpool career next week.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13290 on: May 22, 2022, 09:38:05 pm »

It always seems to be that there is a chance of him just tototally letting his defensive game to pot once in a while, such that an entire half of football just collapses.
Maybe a bias....

But cant shake the feeling that he should not be starting against Madrid, would be a huge risk.
Would rather even Milner. Or if we want to go more offensive then Curtis or Elliot.

Crazy I know, but just something about the way Keita is perceived by me (pretty sure it is something ridiculous and irrational from me).

Doesn't matter if Keita starts the game or not he will have a huge role to play.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13291 on: May 22, 2022, 10:08:00 pm »
We need the Naby from the first half of the FA Cup semi final on Saturday. The ‘I’ve literally never seen a better half of pressing from any player’, Naby. He was fine today. But without Thiago we need lots more.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13292 on: May 22, 2022, 10:09:34 pm »
We need the Naby from the first half of the FA Cup semi final on Saturday. The ‘I’ve literally never seen a better half of pressing from any player’, Naby. He was fine today. But without Thiago we need lots more.

Manu away
Inter away
Benfica away
Villarreal away (second half)

Have been Naby's best performances this season

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #13293 on: May 22, 2022, 10:25:40 pm »
I only worry about Naby when Fabinho isn't there.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13294 on: May 22, 2022, 10:29:40 pm »

Maybe a bias....

Looks likely Thiago is out. Hopefully Henderson and Fab can start, who are you starting in place of Keita? Really there is only two options. Jones and Miller. Both of these can be well worse than Keita.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13295 on: May 22, 2022, 10:36:30 pm »
Looks likely Thiago is out. Hopefully Henderson and Fab can start, who are you starting in place of Keita? Really there is only two options. Jones and Miller. Both of these can be well worse than Keita.

Keita is badly underestimated. He has been great this season and has started in the two cup finals we won.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13296 on: May 22, 2022, 11:13:21 pm »
Keita is badly underestimated. He has been great this season and has started in the two cup finals we won.

I dont think he is underestimated. Most especially in here say he is a good player which he is. Personally I think he got the skills and quality to be more than that, to be a world class midfielder but he lacks the drive and ego of one. When you look at top players you feel they know they are good and that they think they are better than everyone. Naby doesn't IMO,  sometimes he is good but other times he looks somehow overwhelmed.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13297 on: May 22, 2022, 11:22:18 pm »
Need to wrap him in cotton wool…..need him big time next week.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #13298 on: May 22, 2022, 11:36:30 pm »

My crazy theory is to go with Matip if Fabinho is unfit.  Joel played DM before for Schalke....
Maybe too risky.

If Fab is fit, DM no issue.
Would go Hendo + Jones (or even Elliot, out of left field, if he shows it in training) with Keita on the bench.
Bring on Naby lad after 70mins to go attack if needed, or keep the ball if we're ahead.
My fear (irrational as it is. Maybe because of his handful of horror shows earlier) is that he just vacates his post too easily when he starts, goes pressing too hard and may let the likes of Vinicius, Modric just bypass him entirely.
Heck, Wolves today caused no end of trouble by just easily playing around him and then isolating Trent, often even making Matip enter a foot race.
Can't be having that in the 1st half against Madrid. Keep it tight and avoid shooting ourself in the foot.

I m ok with Jones or Elliot really. Just think they have more fight in them.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 11:46:49 pm by macmanamanaman »
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13299 on: May 23, 2022, 12:31:00 am »

My crazy theory is to go with Matip if Fabinho is unfit.  Joel played DM before for Schalke....
Maybe too risky.

If Fab is fit, DM no issue.
Would go Hendo + Jones (or even Elliot, out of left field, if he shows it in training) with Keita on the bench.
Bring on Naby lad after 70mins to go attack if needed, or keep the ball if we're ahead.
My fear (irrational as it is. Maybe because of his handful of horror shows earlier) is that he just vacates his post too easily when he starts, goes pressing too hard and may let the likes of Vinicius, Modric just bypass him entirely.
Heck, Wolves today caused no end of trouble by just easily playing around him and then isolating Trent, often even making Matip enter a foot race.
Can't be having that in the 1st half against Madrid. Keep it tight and avoid shooting ourself in the foot.

I m ok with Jones or Elliot really. Just think they have more fight in them.

Haha I wouldn’t overthink it. We have outstanding players to step in for Thiago if he can’t make it. Fabinho, Hendo, Keita, Millie, Jones and Elliott will be ready
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13300 on: May 28, 2022, 10:50:33 pm »
Think it is extremely clear he is not good enough for us.

Anyone convincing themselves he is based on the odd decent performance is kidding themselves.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #13301 on: May 28, 2022, 10:51:22 pm »
We were a poorer team when he came on, which was a shame as he’s had a very good season

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #13302 on: May 28, 2022, 10:54:04 pm »
Knowing what we know now which is that they would sit off us with ten behind the ball, I think we should have started him.

I don't know how more evident it is that we need a ball carrying midfielder that will commit the opposition rather than control or break up play.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13303 on: May 28, 2022, 10:55:39 pm »
What was he meant to do? It was pretty much see what you can do, in those circumstances though you’re just going to be lobbing balls in so might as well have kept Henderson on
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13304 on: May 28, 2022, 10:57:28 pm »
What was he meant to do? It was pretty much see what you can do, in those circumstances though you’re just going to be lobbing balls in so might as well have kept Henderson on
He was helping protect vs the counter , passing the ball between the lines pretty well. He kinda just took over the Thiago role when he came on

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13305 on: May 28, 2022, 11:01:04 pm »
Will post my thoughts on that shot in a few days. Blimey.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13306 on: May 28, 2022, 11:02:23 pm »
He had time for his chance, not sure why he's taking that first time. Thought he did OK

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13307 on: May 28, 2022, 11:05:41 pm »
Will post my thoughts on that shot in a few days. Blimey.

We'll all be waiting with bated breath

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #13308 on: May 28, 2022, 11:10:17 pm »
Juan Loco, late of this parish, called him a 'toblerone-footed waster' after that shot, which harsh but accurate really.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #13309 on: May 28, 2022, 11:12:19 pm »
Juan Loco, late of this parish, called him a 'toblerone-footed waster' after that shot, which harsh but accurate really.

Fucking hell I needed that laugh :lmao

Reminds me of when a mate of mine used to call Joe Hart 'Quaver wrists' :D

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13310 on: May 28, 2022, 11:13:12 pm »
We'll all be waiting with bated breath

:wave

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13311 on: May 28, 2022, 11:13:39 pm »
The shot looked like an NFL punt, strange technique.

I'd hoped to see him brought on a bit sooner than he was - the midfield was a bit flat from the start, I thought we might give it ten minutes at the start of the second half and then bring him on for Henderson. He was fine when he did come on, by then we didn't have any control of the game and were chasing it so it was difficult for the substitutes.

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #13312 on: May 28, 2022, 11:16:26 pm »
That ‘shot’ reminded me of the kid in the playground who hated football, got picked last and just wellied the ball whenever it went near him.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #13313 on: May 28, 2022, 11:20:20 pm »
We were a poorer team when he came on, which was a shame as he’s had a very good season
We weren't poorer at all. If anything he added more urgency and verticality to our play. At that point we were essentially playing 424 so don't expect any sort of control like when we played with a midfield 3.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13314 on: May 28, 2022, 11:35:37 pm »
who was the stats guy back in the day who said he was the supreme midfielder and was gonna take over the premier league? I want my brain cells back from reading it.

In all seriousness, keita is just a body for the squad. Don’t offer anything. Love the guy as a person, but he was meant to be the midfielder who offers something going forward - he isn’t.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13315 on: May 28, 2022, 11:36:39 pm »
The worst striker of a ball I've ever seen. Makes Sterling look like Roberto Carlos

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13316 on: May 28, 2022, 11:37:24 pm »
That shot :lmao

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13317 on: May 28, 2022, 11:47:11 pm »
He really twatted that ball.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13318 on: May 28, 2022, 11:52:43 pm »
That shot :lmao

Alas, I'm guessing the comedy value was lost on his teammates and coaches .    .      .

Is it possible for an attempted shot to be the final nail in your club career? If so, we may have just seen such a thing tonight.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13319 on: May 28, 2022, 11:58:45 pm »
Right up there with the Aspas corner that one.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"