Author Topic: Anfield Road Redevelopment  (Read 307114 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Redevelopment
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2017, 08:08:10 pm »
Other big capital projects must refer to the new training ground surely..

First thing I thought of, but then he does says projects plural.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: April 26, 2017, 09:24:58 pm »
Ayre has said he doesn't think redevelopment of anfield is finished, but he can't speak for the club...

Pinched that from Jay McKenna on Twitter...

Seems positive then...

Edit .... exact quote from the echo
Could just be training facilities......

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2017, 10:40:25 pm »
Bollards rise out of the road...

and Kevin Keegan used to walk on water.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #203 on: May 5, 2017, 05:28:06 am »
The headline is slightly misleading - but there's the hint of something developing...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/04/liverpool-plan-expand-anfield-beyond-60000/

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #204 on: May 5, 2017, 07:21:55 am »
More here from the echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-consider-further-anfield-expansion-12988877

Turns out the planning permission doesn't run out until 2019...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: May 5, 2017, 07:24:13 am »
The headline is slightly misleading - but there's the hint of something developing...

I wouldn't post articles from that gobshite mate. Plus it's a morning article which says nothing new.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 5, 2017, 08:16:29 am »
Paul Joyce is writing the same in The Times.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #207 on: May 5, 2017, 08:23:22 am »
All coming from this...

Andy Hughes (COO) added: “It’s important that we continue to invest across the club and develop our infrastructure and facilities.

“The Anfield Road Stand also provides opportunities to further develop our stadium in the future. We always said that we would complete the Main Stand and assess its success before looking at any development for Anfield Road. Our outline planning consent expires in August 2019 and we will follow the same robust process for Anfield Road as we did for the Main Stand.

“We are currently working up design, feasibility, cost, capacity and economic viability options. Only once we have completed this comprehensive process and come to a conclusion will it be the right time to move forward with any development programme."

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #208 on: May 5, 2017, 08:31:37 am »
Spoke a lot but said very little........ I don't really see anything in there that we didn't already know. Like many I think the club should be planning for beyond just the Anfield Road End....... they should be planning for the future.
With the ARE not likely to be finished until at least 2020 it makes sense to get its design to fit in with any potential development of the Kenny Dalglish Stand...... and on from that the skip.

There is land behind the Kop...... this is the time to buy that and look to move WBR so we have the space in future. At this rate it will be 2025-2030 by the time everything has been updated.

They're talking about the ARE costing £40-45m which is the cost of 1 x half decent player!!! And would pay for itself...... rather than costing the wages of that half decent player.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #209 on: May 5, 2017, 08:36:29 am »
Spoke a lot but said very little........ I don't really see anything in there that we didn't already know. Like many I think the club should be planning for beyond just the Anfield Road End....... they should be planning for the future.
With the ARE not likely to be finished until at least 2020 it makes sense to get its design to fit in with any potential development of the Kenny Dalglish Stand...... and on from that the skip.

There is land behind the Kop...... this is the time to buy that and look to move WBR so we have the space in future. At this rate it will be 2025-2030 by the time everything has been updated.

They're talking about the ARE costing £40-45m which is the cost of 1 x half decent player!!! And would pay for itself...... rather than costing the wages of that half decent player.

:o

Its the cost of a top class player.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 5, 2017, 09:51:27 am »
It seems they are going to get the plans etc for the training ground out of the way and then move back to the plans for the Annie road. 

Seems very much still on the cards.

Still, I can't believe the stand was rebuilt in 98..  seems brand new in my head.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #211 on: May 5, 2017, 04:39:11 pm »
It seems like a statement of the current position, nothing new.

Wouldn't expect anything positive, if there is anything positive, until this time next year.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #212 on: May 5, 2017, 11:50:04 pm »
It seems they are going to get the plans etc for the training ground out of the way and then move back to the plans for the Annie road. 

Still, I can't believe the stand was rebuilt in 98..  seems brand new in my head.
I can't understand if they went to the trouble to redevelop it they made it so small...the top tier must be the smallest tier in the league,they will need to do something cause it looks hideous beside the main stand.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: May 6, 2017, 12:04:53 am »

Nearly 20 years ago now, fooking scary shit that....

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 6, 2017, 10:05:00 am »
mad it was that long ago - remember when Celtic came down and almost broke it! It was like a look back to the old days when stand safety was tested by a load of fellas jumping in unison. it failed clearly and we put the supports in. feels like no more than 5 years ago!

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #215 on: May 6, 2017, 10:12:58 am »
I can't understand if they went to the trouble to redevelop it they made it so small...the top tier must be the smallest tier in the league,they will need to do something cause it looks hideous beside the main stand.

David Moores for you. The reason it was is so small is because of the road. Which the current admin are having closed. And i think Moores probably could have done if they really had ambition.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #216 on: May 7, 2017, 07:46:02 pm »
The facilitaties were terrible. I went in the away end against Leeds in 94 (long story). Worst toilets ive ever been in and that's with 30 years of going to many grounds and a good few Glastonburys.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #217 on: May 7, 2017, 08:56:20 pm »
They're adding 470 seats to the Kop, the main stand has been finished & the centenary is being renamed the KD stand. I think last weeks announcement was just to avoid any questions on it, I don't expect anything until next year.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 7, 2017, 08:57:37 pm »
They're adding 470 seats to the Kop, the main stand has been finished & the centenary is being renamed the KD stand. I think last weeks announcement was just to avoid any questions on it, I don't expect anything until next year.
It dealt with the issue of the planning lapsing.. we know know this won't happen for another two years...
W

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #219 on: May 8, 2017, 02:33:41 am »

If I remember rightly, we had originally planned to build a bigger second tier but the council turned us down. I can't remember the exact reason why (something to do with blocking natural light for neighbouring houses or something) but we ended up with the compromise design we have now.

Since we subsequently did get permission to build a massive monster-size main stand, I assume a big extension to the Anfield Road End wouldn't be a problem. The council seem a lot more cooperative these days.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: May 9, 2017, 09:42:28 am »
If I remember rightly, we had originally planned to build a bigger second tier but the council turned us down. I can't remember the exact reason why (something to do with blocking natural light for neighbouring houses or something) but we ended up with the compromise design we have now.

Since we subsequently did get permission to build a massive monster-size main stand, I assume a big extension to the Anfield Road End wouldn't be a problem. The council seem a lot more cooperative these days.

I cant remember exact dates but there were houses behind the ARE stand when it was originally updated. The road was also an issue due to the houses etc. which needed access. I think the original plan was for a 3 tier design but that was reduced to 2 because of light issues and depth was limited by the road. As not only the houses behind the ARE have gone/been demoloshed but all those where the new main/plaza are have gone also so the overall number of houses in that pocket between WB Road and Anfield Road have reduced. The club now owns the land on which the houses behind the ARE used to stand and they have had temporary road closures in place on the road. I believe that the outline planning permission provides authority for that part of teh road to be closed permanently.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: May 9, 2017, 11:42:19 am »
I cant remember exact dates but there were houses behind the ARE stand when it was originally updated. The road was also an issue due to the houses etc. which needed access. I think the original plan was for a 3 tier design but that was reduced to 2 because of light issues and depth was limited by the road. As not only the houses behind the ARE have gone/been demoloshed but all those where the new main/plaza are have gone also so the overall number of houses in that pocket between WB Road and Anfield Road have reduced. The club now owns the land on which the houses behind the ARE used to stand and they have had temporary road closures in place on the road. I believe that the outline planning permission provides authority for that part of teh road to be closed permanently.

That's correct the road will be gone completely with any new stand. No tunnel over it etc.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #222 on: May 9, 2017, 01:05:56 pm »
Could they use the tunnel approach over WBR so we could increase the size of the Kop?

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2017, 12:51:18 pm »
Could they use the tunnel approach over WBR so we could increase the size of the Kop?

Probably not as the church is in the way.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2017, 05:30:20 pm »
Probably not as the church is in the way.
ahhh yeah good point..... we could build a church within the redeveloped Kop :-)

Stain glass of Robbie

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »
All coming from this...

Andy Hughes (COO) added: “It’s important that we continue to invest across the club and develop our infrastructure and facilities.

“The Anfield Road Stand also provides opportunities to further develop our stadium in the future. We always said that we would complete the Main Stand and assess its success before looking at any development for Anfield Road. Our outline planning consent expires in August 2019 and we will follow the same robust process for Anfield Road as we did for the Main Stand.

“We are currently working up design, feasibility, cost, capacity and economic viability options. Only once we have completed this comprehensive process and come to a conclusion will it be the right time to move forward with any development programme."
The hand wringing, prevarication, and dissembling which has characterised our stadium plans post Taylor shows no sign of changing, does it?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2017, 12:24:58 am »
The hand wringing, prevarication, and dissembling which has characterised our stadium plans post Taylor shows no sign of changing, does it?

Fucking right mate. When are they going to get their act together and actually build the Main Stand extension?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2017, 01:22:59 pm »
When are they going to build this £60M stand and commit to at least 50% of the stadium redeveloped. It's taken them 7+ years so far.

They have the sales numbers off the Main from months ago, stop wasting time FSG. Who actually is doing this feasibility study?
Haven't they got confirmed numbers from season ticket waiting list also.

Aren't we 3rd on the list of revenue per seat in the league. Stop the greed culture and invest properly!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2017, 02:15:15 pm »
When are they going to build this £60M stand and commit to at least 50% of the stadium redeveloped. It's taken them 7+ years so far.

They have the sales numbers off the Main from months ago, stop wasting time FSG. Who actually is doing this feasibility study?
Haven't they got confirmed numbers from season ticket waiting list also.

Aren't we 3rd on the list of revenue per seat in the league. Stop the greed culture and invest properly!
I'm pretty sure that the next priority is the training ground.  Once that is well under way, I'm sure attention will switch back to the Annie road again.

Where do you get the revenue per seat figures from btw?  Would be very interesting to see them and compare with other clubs.
W

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2017, 04:04:44 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the next priority is the training ground.  Once that is well under way, I'm sure attention will switch back to the Annie road again.

Where do you get the revenue per seat figures from btw?  Would be very interesting to see them and compare with other clubs.

The ARE process is ongoing and I dont think the training ground is or will have any bearing on the training complex.

I am curious about the revenue per seat thing too; I can not find anything recent on the interweb that would assist but that would seemingly put paid to the claim that we can not hope to generate from the matchday income revenue comparable with what we would get in London....  as I believe Ian Ayre said. From what I can see we generated £62million the other year. We can add at least another £20mill from the main so we are at £82m with 54,000. Even if go to 60k at £40 a ticket for 28 games that takes us to more or less £89mill... so about £10m less than Arsenal at comparable size of ground. If we went to the mooted 62.5k... that takes us to £92mill. So not a million miles away from the Scum who have 14k more seats.

Offline TheMightyReds

• Anny Roader
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2017, 04:41:24 pm »
Please see attached.

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire?lang=en-gb

Kieran Maguire - The Price of football. Some interesting articles.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2017, 09:39:44 pm »
Please see attached.

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire?lang=en-gb

Kieran Maguire - The Price of football. Some interesting articles.

what bullshit is that? his figures all over the place.

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/864462735538626560

according to that we sold 120m worth players suarez,sterling,benteke all covered in that

isn't this same guy who said spurs worth double lfc last week?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2017, 05:08:07 am »
ARE Stadium pic porn: http://imgur.com/gallery/kaKGc6n

This thread needs more of this fictional material.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2017, 06:35:33 am »

There's a thread for that shite and frankly, Meady's Dunkin Donuts proposals are more realistic than that.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=327269.0
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline TheMightyReds

• Anny Roader
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2017, 10:54:34 am »
The article in question is from May 5th timeline.

It is based on research at his university. Thought it was interesting.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2017, 12:49:41 pm »
The article in question is from May 5th timeline.

It is based on research at his university. Thought it was interesting.

It is, cheers for that.

Like many of these sites though,  most of it is made up from rumour and innuendo if it refers to transfer and wage figures. I like Swiss Ramble's site cos that just uses that numbers from the audited and declared accounts in the main. You should have a look if you have not seen it and assuming you have an interest in the financial side of things.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2017, 03:46:47 pm »
There's a thread for that shite and frankly, Meady's Dunkin Donuts proposals are more realistic than that.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=327269.0

;D Love Aubergine Anfield
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2017, 01:14:39 pm »

Those poor fuckers on the left must be disconcerted looking at their doppelgangers on the other side of the pitch. Also who goes to a match where there are no goal posts. Absolute piffle!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2017, 09:43:35 pm »
Those poor fuckers on the left must be disconcerted looking at their doppelgangers on the other side of the pitch. Also who goes to a match where there are no goal posts. Absolute piffle!

It's ok - the pitch is square so they can kick in every direction.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2017, 12:50:47 pm »
Dave Phillips on Twitter;

"The redevelopment of Anfield Road is a live project for the Club, and one that is being worked on behind the scenes." #lfc

"#lfc would not want to be drawn on a specific window" as to whether the the redevelopment will or will not happen.

"The original planning application [expiring Sept 2019] had a specific design attached to it, and the Club would want to revisit that." #lfc

"The Club has submitted an application for .... Kirby, and that is going to take some of the focus in the immediate future." #lfc

http://assets.lfcimages.com/uploads/5699__1151__supporterscommitteemeetingmay2017.docx