Author Topic: Main stand naming rights  (Read 102398 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: Main stand naming rights
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 08:19:04 pm »
Interview with Hogan which covers main stand stuff here: https://cloud.3dissue.com/6374/7271/131371/FCB87/

Estimated 5m a year for the naming rights. Not the subject of this thread, but half the VIP boxes have been taken up with all 190 Executive Lounge places now covered.

(Hat tip to Dan Kennett for link)
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:43 pm »
Yeah, Hogan says that there's a few interested (domestic and international) and they're looking at around £5m a year for a 5 year deal just for the main stand. Says main stand will add £20m a year to club's matchday income.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 08:50:15 pm »
Wonder if they'll get the £25m+ for the naming rights up front. Might convince them to go ahead with the ARE redevelopment.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 08:59:12 pm »
Wonder if they'll get the £25m+ for the naming rights up front. Might convince them to go ahead with the ARE redevelopment.

deffo and also half the price of kop tickets [cost 4.9m].
 would be fantastic and would set precedent to other owners.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 09:04:41 pm »
deffo and also half the price of kop tickets [cost 4.9m].
 would be fantastic and would set precedent to other owners.

Give it a fucking rest. It's not going to happen, stop polluting every thread with it!

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 09:13:15 pm »
Yeah, Hogan says that there's a few interested (domestic and international) and they're looking at around £5m a year for a 5 year deal just for the main stand. Says main stand will add £20m a year to club's matchday income.

Dan Kennett also said £20m to the bottom line- is that after repaying the loan? Presumably the loan will be £95m (£120m cost less £25m naming rights) and there was talk of repaying over 5 years so that is £19m per year. So will the new stand in total bring in an extra £39m?

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 09:15:23 pm »

Give it a fucking rest. It's not going to happen, stop polluting every thread with it!

mate please don't get upset, if you had agreed with me, or said it was a good idea i,d go away honest.
but "polluting the thread"wanting fairer priced ticket, well that just disgusting,
we are Liverpool, don't try to dilute our ethos mate.   
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:18:19 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 09:18:49 pm »
mate please don't get upset, if you agreed with me, or said it was a good idea i,d go away honest.
but "polluting the thread"wanting fairer priced ticket, well that just disgusting,

It's not a thread for wanting fairer ticket prices, none of the thread's you've been doing it in have been. If you want a thread to discuss fairer ticket prices then create one and stop bringing it into every damn thread on this forum. Everyone wants cheaper ticket prices, no one wants to be paying the price of the tickets that are currently being paid all round the ground and the Premier League. However at least I've got the common sense to realise that the club are never going to drop the ticket prices for a stand that they sell out every single match because it just doesn't make sound business sense to do so! Added to that this is about the Main Stand naming rights and the thread was updated with an article about what the Main Stand could potentially bring in. It has nothing to do with ticket prices and nothing to do with lowering them.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »
Dan Kennett also said £20m to the bottom line- is that after repaying the loan? Presumably the loan will be £95m (£120m cost less £25m naming rights) and there was talk of repaying over 5 years so that is £19m per year. So will the new stand in total bring in an extra £39m?
You also have to factor in that there will be higher overheads which will come with operation the stand too...

So income will go up, but outgoings will too.... But surely not more than a couple of million a year?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 09:26:34 pm »
It's not a thread for wanting fairer ticket prices, none of the thread's you've been doing it in have been. If you want a thread to discuss fairer ticket prices then create one and stop bringing it into every damn thread on this forum. Everyone wants cheaper ticket prices, no one wants to be paying the price of the tickets that are currently being paid all round the ground and the Premier League. However at least I've got the common sense to realise that the club are never going to drop the ticket prices for a stand that they sell out every single match because it just doesn't make sound business sense to do so! Added to that this is about the Main Stand naming rights and the thread was updated with an article about what the Main Stand could potentially bring in. It has nothing to do with ticket prices and nothing to do with lowering them.

i,ll bow out now over tickets,
we have plenty of examples in other country's, that you ignore for some reason     
but it will happen
but we could do with a bit more help, see ya
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:01:03 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 11:16:07 pm »

Assumption being the mother of all fuckups, I'd say that the aim is for it to pay for itself initially. Not sure if Henry etc. have said that specifically or whether that's just how I've interpreted something said though. So I think you'd be looking at it providing nothing (or at best very little) extra until it's paid off, and then the extra revenue can be spent however after that's done.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 11:50:18 pm »

The article says the new stand could "transform... match day revenues by an estimated £20m a year." That's revenues, not profit. So the total the club stands to make per year is £20m from match day plus £5m naming rights.
That's probably what's meant by it paying for itself in five years, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that the loan would actually need to be paid off in that time scale, and it would probably make more sense for some of the income to go into the football side of the club from day one.

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2015, 12:31:24 am »
The article says the new stand could "transform... match day revenues by an estimated £20m a year." That's revenues, not profit. So the total the club stands to make per year is £20m from match day plus £5m naming rights.
That's probably what's meant by it paying for itself in five years, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that the loan would actually need to be paid off in that time scale, and it would probably make more sense for some of the income to go into the football side of the club from day one.

Thats what I couldn't understand, the tweet included the phrase £20m improvement of bottom line which means an almost unfeasible amount of extra money being generated by such few seats. Either way it is such a massive bonus going forward with the extra revenue helping close the gap with our rivals.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2015, 12:34:08 am »
By bottom line did he not mean a min of £20m?

It's only an estimate in the article after all, Ayre's own comments put it a bit above this amount, and if sales are as strong for the premium seats as said then there could be a situation for these bringing in more than expected.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 12:46:04 am »
Thats what I couldn't understand, the tweet included the phrase £20m improvement of bottom line which means an almost unfeasible amount of extra money being generated by such few seats. Either way it is such a massive bonus going forward with the extra revenue helping close the gap with our rivals.

I don't see any way a single stand could make that much money.
White Hart Lane took £44m in total match day revenue last season. Anfield took £51m. An additional £20m is huge as it is. (Putting us level with Chelsea for match day revenue.)

My assumption is that it's £20m gross new money (not counting naming rights) and that repaying loans didn't come into the picture when someone was talking bottom line. Maybe they meant eventually, once the loans were repaid.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 06:51:41 am »
mate please don't get upset, if you had agreed with me, or said it was a good idea i,d go away honest.

Start a thread on ticket prices and stop posting in every other thread.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2015, 10:09:31 am »
Start a thread on ticket prices and stop posting in every other thread.

He's on "no new topics". Can't imagine why.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2015, 01:53:28 pm »
I don't see any way a single stand could make that much money.
White Hart Lane took £44m in total match day revenue last season. Anfield took £51m. An additional £20m is huge as it is. (Putting us level with Chelsea for match day revenue.)

My assumption is that it's £20m gross new money (not counting naming rights) and that repaying loans didn't come into the picture when someone was talking bottom line. Maybe they meant eventually, once the loans were repaid.

Confusingly, bottom line will actually mean 'top line' ie an increase in overall revenue. Repaying loans don't figure.

It's not unusual for corporate/ hospitality/ executive seats to generate 50% of the income from about 12% of the capacity, so an extra 2,500 or so corporates can make a huge difference depending on how much they're selling for.

I'd say an extra £20m for the main stand would put Anfield with the ARE just about on course to make the target £1200 per seat (which is some way short of Stamford Bridge per seat).

Naming rights will be a cherry on the top - not to pay loans.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:55:26 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2015, 03:28:18 pm »
Confusingly, bottom line will actually mean 'top line' ie an increase in overall revenue. Repaying loans don't figure.

It's not unusual for corporate/ hospitality/ executive seats to generate 50% of the income from about 12% of the capacity, so an extra 2,500 or so corporates can make a huge difference depending on how much they're selling for.

I'd say an extra £20m for the main stand would put Anfield with the ARE just about on course to make the target £1200 per seat (which is some way short of Stamford Bridge per seat).

Naming rights will be a cherry on the top - not to pay loans.

, where about are we in the" target per seat table", come on you reds

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 7, 2015, 01:56:43 pm »
"The RAWK Nivea Man-Cream Stand"?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sidlfc90

• Main Stander
  • Believer!!
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2015, 07:25:23 pm »
Is the 'Jurgen klopp stand' a bit premature 😁

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2015, 08:41:48 pm »
What about Rogan Taylor gets all those who wanted to fund a club bid me included to sponsor the main stand.

Our names on the inside and a legend like by the fans for the fans, dreamlike i know but you never know?
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2015, 09:54:46 pm »
What about Rogan Taylor gets all those who wanted to fund a club bid me included to sponsor the main stand.

Our names on the inside and a legend like by the fans for the fans, dreamlike i know but you never know?

I imagine a stadium sponsor will pay something like £100m over 10yrs, maybe a little more maybe a little less.

We couldn't get close to that much when the club needed it most. And that was for an ownership in it, not just a sponsor.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2015, 11:16:45 pm »
I imagine a stadium sponsor will pay something like £100m over 10yrs, maybe a little more maybe a little less.

We couldn't get close to that much when the club needed it most. And that was for an ownership in it, not just a sponsor.

Maybe the fans could sponsor the Kop to keep being called the Kop. I'm sure the club would be open to an arrangement where they get lots of money and don't really have to do much in return.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2015, 06:57:33 am »
Maybe the fans could sponsor the Kop to keep being called the Kop. I'm sure the club would be open to an arrangement where they get lots of money and don't really have to do much in return.

Is there really a situation where the Kop isn't going to be called The Kop though? Plus let's be honest, I really doubt there is much appetite for fans (and rightly so given ticket costs, etc) to funnel yet more money into the club for no direct return.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2015, 10:37:06 am »
Is there really a situation where the Kop isn't going to be called The Kop though? Plus let's be honest, I really doubt there is much appetite for fans (and rightly so given ticket costs, etc) to funnel yet more money into the club for no direct return.

Sorry, I was being facetious.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2015, 10:38:22 am »
Sorry, I was being facetious.

It was early when I replied, was no doubt my fault I missed it  ;D ;D ;D

Online owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2015, 08:37:43 pm »
Surprised there is no news or even rumours about potential naming rights considering the stand is due to open by the begining of next season.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2015, 08:29:17 pm »
Surprised there is no news or even rumours about potential naming rights considering the stand is due to open by the begining of next season.

I'm sure FSG have some big name partners that they are lining up............
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2015, 08:53:27 pm »
I'm sure once it's built the club will announce a commercial partner.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2015, 08:57:43 pm »
I'd imagine it will be announced during the run in to the end of the season, if there is one.

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2015, 08:59:32 pm »

I'm sure once it's built the club will announce a commercial partner.
Surely they will announce before completion. Makes sense to erect sponsors signage during construction.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 1, 2015, 12:32:10 pm »
I'd imagine it will be announced during the run in to the end of the season, if there is one.

The season might last forever?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #73 on: December 1, 2015, 12:33:33 pm »
The season might last forever?

;D

It may feel like it come May!

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2016, 03:47:59 pm »
Just for discussion

Liverpool FC set to tie up £90million deal for naming rights
22:30, 19 FEB 2016 - BY JAMES PEARCE

Reds seek lucrative 10-year contract for new Main Stand at Anfield

Liverpool are looking to tie up a lucrative £90million naming rights deal for Anfield's new Main Stand.

The Reds' chief commercial officer Billy Hogan has been in Asia this week holding talks with three interested parties.

No agreement is imminent but Anfield officials have been delighted by the level of interest and a naming rights partner for the £120million development is expected to be confirmed before the summer.

Liverpool are seeking a 10-year contract which would be worth £7million to £9million per season.

Owners Fenway Sports Group have always ruled out selling naming rights to Anfield itself but a commercial link up for the Main Stand has long since been part of their business plan.

Liverpool are also seeking a new training kit sponsor with Garuda's current deal expiring this summer.

The two-year contract with the Indonesia airline, which began in June 2014, is worth around £5.5million per year.

Garuda president Arief Wibowo recently indicated that they wouldn't look to renew the deal due to a shift in their priorities.

As a result Liverpool are prepared to sell the Main Stand naming rights and the training kit sponsorship as one bumper package if the offer is right.

Liverpool are not yet in the market for a new shirt sponsorship deal.

Their current arrangement with Standard Chartered, which is worth around £25million per year, runs until the end of the 2018/19 season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-set-tie-up-10918771?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2016, 04:32:21 pm »
90m and the stand cost 120m? That's awesome. A redeveloped stand cost us less than a Benteke or Carroll! haha

Offline TheVeg

• he might
  • Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: June 7, 2016, 05:58:32 pm »
Has there been any movement on this recently? Echo was reporting something might be announced in the summer a few months ago but there doesn't seem to have been anything since then

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2016, 09:13:18 am »
You'll see the logo soon enough when the seats go in.................... 8)
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2016, 10:23:44 am »
You'll see the logo soon enough when the seats go in.................... 8)

Actually a very good point!

Guess or know something?

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2016, 05:05:40 pm »
Yeah been told the seating plan is strangely missing from the project documents,make of that what you will!

I don't know more than that 
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?