The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Anfield Set For 12 Month Rail Seating Trial

<< < (19/20) > >>

ChrisLFCKOP:

--- Quote from: kopdude81 on October 27, 2021, 06:17:53 pm ---Yeah I thought they'd start at the bottom by the pitch side and work up to avoid the issue of worsening the limited view under the second tier overhang. But then if you implemented it this way you would have people standing up persistently in front of people sitting so not sure what the answer is really.

Is 6,000 seats the entire lower tier of the ARE btw?

--- End quote ---

Yes

Peter McGurk:

--- Quote from: ChrisLFCKOP on October 28, 2021, 07:48:45 am ---Yes

--- End quote ---

I appreciate the need to go carefully but note this at the end of the link:

"Supporters attending matches are reminded that Anfield is still an all-seater stadium and should remain seated when possible. Liverpool FC will not be requesting an expression of interest to pilot safe standing areas this season."

Still. Good Luck with that I suppose.

ChrisLFCKOP:

--- Quote from: Peter McGurk on October 28, 2021, 10:08:29 am ---I appreciate the need to go carefully but note this at the end of the link:

"Supporters attending matches are reminded that Anfield is still an all-seater stadium and should remain seated when possible. Liverpool FC will not be requesting an expression of interest to pilot safe standing areas this season."

Still. Good Luck with that I suppose.

--- End quote ---

Still much safer even in seated areas. I am surprised they have done it the entire Annie lower, the away section definitely needed doing to make it safer for fans.

rkgriffin:
Looks like 4 clubs have been approved:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4516382/four-premier-league-clubs-granted-safe-standing-licenses-from-january-2022

reddazforever:
I don’t get why we’re actively installing over 7000 rail seats ( and far more than the other clubs) if we never planned to apply to be part of the safe standing pilot.  We know from the Spirit of shankly survey a few years back that the vast majority of supporters back safe standing so why not be part of the pilot? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version