Author Topic: Europa League / Champions League / Conference League QF 2nd Leg 16th-18th April  (Read 15804 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Bayern - Real semi-final should be a great watch, very excited for that one.

Pundits made to look like fools yet again. Yes Bayern and Real are not as dominant as they have been in previous years but looking down on them, you are just asking to be ridiculed.
Really? I mean I'm happy that's the case, but the game might be overshadowed by the excitement over the growing grass...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Really? I mean I'm happy that's the case, but the game might be overshadowed by the excitement over the growing grass...

Bayern v BvB Final with Die Schwarzgelben to win and Harry Kane to continue his fine footballing legacy.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
The English press desperate to make Real Madrid's win about England.

Apparently Jude Bellingham was "instrumental" because he "passed the ball" in the build-up to Real's goal and scored his penalty.  ::)

C'mon people, he's been largely anonymous in Real games for weeks/month now.  It's like they can't handle that golden child Phil Foden was so bad that they were left to rummage through the disaster on the night for English football and just make stuff up.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
how good was that B Silva panenka?  ;D

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
It looks like there will only be 4 teams for England in the CL next season.
Potentially Villa will be the only team left in European competition after tonight.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
how good was that B Silva panenka?  ;D

Of all the players that missed he is the one that brought me the most joy. I will never forgive that twat for not clapping the guard of honour.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep. Needed them both through really. Either of them can win it for me if it means we win the league.

Why? Another cheat title, who cares.. they only care about the champions league so missing out hurts those c*nts the most.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Of all the players that missed he is the one that brought me the most joy. I will never forgive that twat for not clapping the guard of honour.

There's few players I "hate" but Silva is one of them.  Made worse by the fact when he isn't rugby tackling our players, he's actually quite a good footballer.  Made up that not only he missed, but the way he missed.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
I'd say it is to be fair.

Decisions against us v city and Arsenal and the spurs game have killed us

But so has our finishing. Should've beat United and palace comfortably. Got 1 point

But that can happen in a game. You can be unlucky in front of goal.
But you cannot do anything about bent officials stealing points off you.
A perfect season is required to beat the cheats. We can't do that because PGMOL will ensure its not possible.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
There's few players I "hate" but Silva is one of them.  Made worse by the fact when he isn't rugby tackling our players, he's actually quite a good footballer.  Made up that not only he missed, but the way he missed.

Maybe the juice he takes doesn’t help with penalties.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
Momentum shouldn't be ignored in football both positive and negative. I think City and Arsenal progress would have been a positive for their momentum in the run in. I don't buy into a CL semi final becoming a distraction in the league. It wasn't a distraction for City last season,

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Momentum shouldn't be ignored in football both positive and negative. I think City and Arsenal progress would have been a positive for their momentum in the run in. I don't buy into a CL semi final becoming a distraction in the league. It wasn't a distraction for City last season,

Absolutely. Plus it’s pretty much all the eggs in one basket so the pressure has been raised. Arsenal I’m not sure can handle that - it’ll be interesting to see how both teams react over the weekend

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan

Or any season since we've been challenging them for titles.

Pep's comment about De Bruyne and Haaland asking to be taken off is very strange.  Apparently he berates his players in public to get a response.  Does he also humiliate them as well to get a response?  What player asks to be taken off in a quarter final with everything on the line?  Bizarre.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Guardiola is just a c*nt isn't he. I can understand frustrations because they absolutely dominated Real, and he's used to teams just folding to their constant pressure and shit cut back football. But he just can't show dignity in winning or losing. Bald fuckin robot
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Guardiola is just a c*nt isn't he. I can understand frustrations because they absolutely dominated Real, and he's used to teams just folding to their constant pressure and shit cut back football. But he just can't show dignity in winning or losing. Bald fuckin robot

It is just the way he is.

Even when he is humble, it becomes across as sarcastic.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
I hate Real just as much. It's a pity they couldn't both lose.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan

I don't buy going out will damage City's league chances. It hasn't before.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
I don't buy going out will damage City's league chances. It hasn't before.
Going through prob wouldn’t have damaged them either

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Going through prob wouldn’t have damaged them either

It might have helped by giving them less time to prepare for the league games. I'm definitely of the opinion that them going through was better for our league chances. That said, we're shite at the moment, so City not winning the lot again might be for the best.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Simon Stone
BBC Sport

England's hopes of securing a fifth Champions League spot have taken a big hit over the past two nights.

With Italy clear at the top of Uefa's coefficient rankings, the second of the two available spots has turned into a battle between Germany and England.

Before this week, Germany had a narrow lead even though they only had three teams left in the quarter-finals of the three European club competitions, compared with England's five.

That position has strengthened further with Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich both reaching the last four.

It meant the pair each collected three coefficient points this week - two each for the win and a bonus point for getting through. Those points are divided by seven - the number of German teams who started out in Europe this season - which takes them to 17.642.

While Manchester City's defeat by Real Madrid ends their Champions League hopes, as penalties do not count in coefficient terms, the game ended in a draw, meaning England have amassed only one point so far this week, which has to be divided by eight. It leaves England on 16.875.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Yep. Needed them both through really. Either of them can win it for me if it means we win the league.

Fuck that :lmao

Got a spring in my step today. Arf.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Simon Stone
BBC Sport

England's hopes of securing a fifth Champions League spot have taken a big hit over the past two nights.

With Italy clear at the top of Uefa's coefficient rankings, the second of the two available spots has turned into a battle between Germany and England.

Before this week, Germany had a narrow lead even though they only had three teams left in the quarter-finals of the three European club competitions, compared with England's five.

That position has strengthened further with Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich both reaching the last four.

It meant the pair each collected three coefficient points this week - two each for the win and a bonus point for getting through. Those points are divided by seven - the number of German teams who started out in Europe this season - which takes them to 17.642.

While Manchester City's defeat by Real Madrid ends their Champions League hopes, as penalties do not count in coefficient terms, the game ended in a draw, meaning England have amassed only one point so far this week, which has to be divided by eight. It leaves England on 16.875.

Good. And Simon Stone can go and fuck himself, the inbred weird looking fucking prick.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Redknight60

• Main Stander
The odds for the league with the bookies didn't move an inch after last night. Likewise if we go out or find a comeback tonight, they probably won't change either. The effect of European elimination is always way overstated, the true effect is miniscule. Happy city are out, didn't really care either way on Arsenal.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Progressing in the CL and FA Cup really hindered City last se... oh , hang on.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Did RedBull pay UEFA some Money to have Salzburg in that Tournament.

;D

It's on merit, apparently. FIFA decided it would be the CL winners of the past four years, plus the next best eight in European competitions, with a maximum of two per country. An exception would have been made if there were three winners from the same country, that's why the last place wasn't known until Arsenal were knocked out. So once you have two from England, Spain, Italy and Germany, plus PSG, they had to go down the rankings (past the likes of us and Barcelona) to get to Porto, Benfica and finally Salzburg. :)

Wouldn't be surprised if FIFA make it a maximum of three per country next time to boost their revenue. I'm sure they were counting on Barcelona being there, but they're getting Salzburg instead. ;D

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
But that can happen in a game. You can be unlucky in front of goal.
But you cannot do anything about bent officials stealing points off you.
A perfect season is required to beat the cheats. We can't do that because PGMOL will ensure its not possible.

We might’ve missed the penalty at city. We might not have won the spurs game. We scored after the Arsenal basketball incident. Had those decisions gone our way we might be no better off. Had we taken just some of our many chances against Utd and palace, we’d be 5 points better off.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
It's on merit, apparently. FIFA decided it would be the CL winners of the past four years, plus the next best eight in European competitions, with a maximum of two per country. An exception would have been made if there were three winners from the same country, that's why the last place wasn't known until Arsenal were knocked out. So once you have two from England, Spain, Italy and Germany, plus PSG, they had to go down the rankings (past the likes of us and Barcelona) to get to Porto, Benfica and finally Salzburg. :)

Wouldn't be surprised if FIFA make it a maximum of three per country next time to boost their revenue. I'm sure they were counting on Barcelona being there, but they're getting Salzburg instead. ;D

They’ll absolutely change it. They want us, Man Utd and Barca in there. Three of the top 4 most watched teams globally.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
It might have helped by giving them less time to prepare for the league games. I'm definitely of the opinion that them going through was better for our league chances. That said, we're shite at the moment, so City not winning the lot again might be for the best.
I was of that opinion but as someone else pointed out, as soon as the first leg kicked off I changed my mind. I just could not want them to win. Yes, the two extra games would maybe affect some teams, but going deep into cups hasn’t affected these one bit in recent seasons. I firmly believe they are supping on Ped’s magic juice, although some in here think that’s impossible.

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
We might’ve missed the penalty at city. We might not have won the spurs game. We scored after the Arsenal basketball incident. Had those decisions gone our way we might be no better off. Had we taken just some of our many chances against Utd and palace, we’d be 5 points better off.

Or we could have scored the penalty at city, we could have won at spurs and we could have won at arsenal - we were a slightly different team at those times and then had we taken our chances against Utd and Palace, we'd have the league wrapped up by now.  But who's to say that the previous 3 haven't had an effect on the last two.......sometimes its the drip drip of curcumstances that eventually get you.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

I wouldn't even say it was the 'big' decisions that PGMOL have fucked us over on. It's all the supposed free kicks (When we have 70 or 80% possession) and the continual breaking up of our attacks and rhythm continually through the season..

We apparantly are pretty much the dirtiest team in the league (going by fouls) but one of the cleanest (Going by cards)

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Regardless of if we would have gone on to actually win the points, it's still at least 6-9 points PGMOL have made certain we wouldn't get.
You cannot win a league when you are up against bent officials.

Online Mahern

• Kopite
They’ll absolutely change it. They want us, Man Utd and Barca in there. Three of the top 4 most watched teams globally.

There would have to be about 50 teams in the next tournament for UTD to qualify, going by their 7 co-efficient points this season and potentially 0 next.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?

Classless twat. Happy that he was instrumental in getting City out of the competition.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bellingham is great but he’s a bit much isn’t he? Loves the camera.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
What player asks to be taken off in a quarter final with everything on the line?  Bizarre.

I'd say one who really wants to win and realises he has nothing left in the tank to the point that he knows he's a liability. Better to hold up your hand and get fresh legs on at that point.

Takes a certain amount of humility to do it.

And if you can't run any more at the business end of the season, you need to look at the manager and the fitness teams and ask why they didn't rotate more in the league to preserve these players.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Bellingham is great but he’s a bit much isn’t he? Loves the camera.

Whenever I've watched him his workrate seems shite. Walks around when the opponent is attacking far too often.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Wonder if Villa have taken as many fans to Lille as the Blues? Think it was about 60k Everton took to Lille.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.