Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 877873 times)

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2019, 04:31:48 pm »
It is going to be interesting to see how the club manage to go beyond 58k. I'm no architect so am no doubt completely wrong but beyond increasing the size of the Annie Rd to something similar to the Holte end at Villa Park (which would only add approx 4k seats), the only other way I can see to expand further would be to put quadrants in between the Annie Rd and the Main and Sir Kenny and that doesn't appear straight forward, nor would it add a huge amount of seats.

And I have no idea if he has any inside info or was attention seeking but Macred has wrote on SkyScraperCity "3 tiers, total capacity 62,500 with new ARE... and more to come...??".

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2019, 04:34:34 pm »
We'll find out in a few days no doubt as more info is meant to be released ahead of the first consultation on Friday.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2019, 04:51:16 pm »
I think it's fairly feasible that they add a 3rd tier. The plans to take it up to 58,500 were for 2 tiers, so in order to get a further 4-5,000 seats, it would almost certainly have to be a 3rd tier. Sight lines will be very steep and high up though.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2019, 04:52:06 pm »
I think it's fairly feasible that they add a 3rd tier. The plans to take it up to 58,500 were for 2 tiers, so in order to get a further 4-5,000 seats, it would almost certainly have to be a 3rd tier. Sight lines will be very steep and high up though.

The 2nd tier in the plans was huge though. You'd not be able to have a tier of that size and then add another on top.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2019, 04:55:12 pm »
The 2nd tier in the plans was huge though. You'd not be able to have a tier of that size and then add another on top.

The 2nd tier is huge but anything is possible. But like I said, IMO the sightlines would be very steep (think North Stand at OT perhaps) and could even mean a letter box view for much of the second tier.

Like someone has said just before, we'll get more info in a few days as they'll have to have some concrete info available for the residents ahead of the consultation.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2019, 05:03:18 pm »
The 2nd tier is huge but anything is possible. But like I said, IMO the sightlines would be very steep (think North Stand at OT perhaps) and could even mean a letter box view for much of the second tier.

I highly doubt the club will be making anything with any sort of impaired view.

Plus when it comes to stadium builds, "anything is possible" isn't really the truth. There will be a lot of limitations with what is actually possible, and feasible.

Like someone has said just before, we'll get more info in a few days as they'll have to have some concrete info available for the residents ahead of the consultation.

Yeah, me  ;D ;D

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2019, 01:19:09 am »
It will be some size. I do remember there was some talk about revenue being made and hospitality wont make as much as its behind the goal. Id imagine they will still have a number of boxes within the stand.

I would love a Stand like the yellow wall 1 tier stand at Dortmund would look class. ( I wouldn't like to sit up the top of that )
I sat top tier on Main few months back its nice but doesn't feel like Anfield being that high up seeing part of Stanley park and house roofs in the distance.

I was the same for Norwich, first game of the season and felt weird being able to see the Littlewoods building in the distance
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2019, 10:28:52 am »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2019, 10:37:49 am »
Our man on the inside.

That hat only worked when Hicks was the owner. I have a Redsox version of one of these currently, very inconspicuous.

Offline geoffpd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2019, 11:41:06 am »
Maybe the plan is to leave the current ARE as it is and just add a third tier with modern seating specifications on top.
Lower tier - All one end, restricted views and all, could be allocated to visiting fans (I don’t care if they don’t have a good view of us scoring against them) and the other end used for budget type family seats or other non-premium seating.
This could all be constructed without any loss of seating during building, and may be a way of a good final capacity without those at the back being up in the clouds.
Any other layout is for sure going to have an impact on lost seating capacity at some stage of construction.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2019, 11:41:59 am »
Maybe the plan is to leave the current ARE as it is and just add a third tier with modern seating specifications on top.

Nah, def won't do this.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2019, 12:06:31 pm »
I don't see them adding a 3rd tier to current AR stand. I think they may do the same kind of build we seen with the main stand.
Build behind the stand, end of season knock down the top tier take away the wall at back of lower tier expand the lower tier then join it up and a new top tier added. House the away fans in the corner between the Kenny and Anfield Rd some restricted views right in the corner.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2019, 12:35:06 pm »
I think they might build the whole new stand behind the existing one, but on wheels. Then, airlift the old one out and wheel the new one into position in its place. That or build the new one under the old one during the season, then raise them both up together at the same time. But then you’d have the old one on top of the new one wouldn’t you. Hm.... could boost the capacity I guess...? Yes. Yes, that’s the way to go. Craig, please let John and Linda know at your big dinner next week.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2019, 12:38:57 pm »
Maybe we could transport the old one across Stanley Park and sell it to Everton? They'd have to paint the seats and maybe throw some pieces of wood on there to make it fit in with the rest.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2019, 12:57:38 pm »
Lower tier - All one end, restricted views and all, could be allocated to visiting fans (I don’t care if they don’t have a good view of us scoring against them) and the other end used for budget type family seats or other non-premium seating.
This could all be constructed without any loss of seating during building, and may be a way of a good final capacity without those at the back being up in the clouds.
Any other layout is for sure going to have an impact on lost seating capacity at some stage of construction.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

The most ridiculous thing about this post isnt that you think the club would build on top of the current stand but would give nearly 6.5k tickets to away fans for each game...

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2019, 02:19:21 pm »
We are not going to knock the full stand down loose the capacity and build when season is going on. AND we are certainly not going to add a 3rd tier to the existing stand or give the away support 6.5k ticket s ;).

It will be similar way to the main stand was build probs keep the bottom bit and build behind it end of the season top tier comes down bottom tier of anfield rd will join up to the new building then old seats ripped out replacing them and doing the snagging maybe play first couple games away from home again.

Is there a minimum amount of tickets clubs need to give to away support ?

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2019, 02:56:53 pm »
We are not going to knock the full stand down loose the capacity and build when season is going on. AND we are certainly not going to add a 3rd tier to the existing stand or give the away support 6.5k ticket s ;).

It will be similar way to the main stand was build probs keep the bottom bit and build behind it end of the season top tier comes down bottom tier of anfield rd will join up to the new building then old seats ripped out replacing them and doing the snagging maybe play first couple games away from home again.

Is there a minimum amount of tickets clubs need to give to away support ?

10% or 3000 if capacity over 30,000

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2019, 02:59:37 pm »
10% or 3000 if capacity over 30,000

In the league cup. Its not the same percentage for league games.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2019, 03:02:02 pm »

Those are the league ones I believe

League cup is 10% of capacity I thought

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2019, 03:03:49 pm »

I think it is the same in the PL - 10% or 3k max.

Don't think league cup as a max.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2019, 03:04:12 pm »
I think it is the same in the PL - 10% or 3k max.

Don't think league cup as a max.

Yes it is

Premier League rules dictate that the allocation of away tickets should be: "3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the home club's stadium is less than 30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent."

League cup:

23.2 In all Cup Competition matches, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 10 per cent of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance (any variation to that figure shall be subject to the consent of the Management Committee) and on the following conditions:

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:06:28 pm by dudleyred »

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2019, 04:14:21 am »
Here we go ...thread going off topic on away fans ticket allocation numbers  :D ;)
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2019, 08:03:36 am »
When is this portal opening?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2019, 08:43:27 am »
When is this portal opening?

You'd imagine today given the consultations start tomorrow.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2019, 08:54:30 am »
Here is the link to it, no details up yet though....

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/anfieldroadexpansion

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2019, 07:14:42 pm »
Here is the link to it, no details up yet though....

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/anfieldroadexpansion

Still nothing up on that, guess it'll go live tomorrow.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2019, 07:32:49 pm »
It will be interesting to see what they put on the portal. Generally you wouldn't give out a lot of detail out at the consultation stage. Certainly not fully rendered proposals because it gives the impression the consultation is just a PR exercise and the thing's a fait accompli.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2019, 07:57:12 pm »

Yeah.  I'm guessing they will extend the lower tier back and add more seats like that as well?  Perhaps add some disabled spaces at the front for away fans? (I assume we probably have some already.)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2019, 08:53:36 am »
Is there scope to extend any other parts of Anfield this time round or is it simply just for the Anny Road?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2019, 09:01:27 am »
Is there scope to extend any other parts of Anfield this time round or is it simply just for the Anny Road?

Likely just Anny Rd unless it's the odd hundred seats.

The Dalglish would likely need extensive work to add any capacity. Kop had the easy increase done a few years ago (squaring off the back) and again would like need extensive work to increase it.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2019, 09:05:13 am »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2019, 09:07:04 am »
Oooh that looks nice.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2019, 09:07:49 am »
Pic...

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2019, 09:09:29 am »
Pearce, "7k additional seats and would cost around £60m which would be self funded from current credit facility the club has."

"Element of hospitality, but majority general"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:12:09 am by Craig 🤔 »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2019, 09:11:00 am »
Outside...

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2019, 09:13:05 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/375238-liverpool-fc-launches-public-consultation-anfield-road-expansion

LFC launches first-stage public consultation on proposed Anfield Road Stand expansion

Liverpool Football Club has opened a first-stage public consultation exercise to share early ideas for the proposed expansion of the Anfield Road Stand and to listen to the views from the local community, local businesses, supporters and key stakeholders.

The vision for the project is to create a bigger Anfield stadium, which will see more fans watch some of Europe’s best live football in a world-class facility in the heart of Liverpool.

The club is hosting a number of drop-in events to share the early-stage plans for the proposed Anfield Road Stand expansion. The public events will begin on Friday November 29 at 4pm GMT and will take place in the Kop Bar at Anfield.

The plans are in early design development and feedback received at these drop-in sessions will enable Liverpool FC to make informed decisions as the plans for the stand evolve. The club is still committed to finding the best possible solution for the proposed Anfield Road Stand expansion.

The current proposals would see the capacity of the Anfield Road Stand increase by around 7,000 seats, the majority of which will be general admission, with some sports bar/lounge hospitality being offered.

Should the expansion go ahead, it would take the overall stadium capacity at Anfield to over 61,000.

The new proposals are consistent with the previously consented scheme. Although the majority of Anfield Road will remain open for residents and businesses, a short section of the road between Skerries and 96 Avenue would be closed. Access for pedestrians and cyclists would be retained around the proposed expanded Anfield Road Stand.

Andy Hughes, LFC’s chief operating officer, said: “For any expansion to the Anfield Road Stand to go ahead we need certainty on three key areas. Firstly, that we are able to reach agreement with local residents, businesses and community groups that they will allow the expansion plan to take place, which will mean closing a short section of Anfield Road between 96 Avenue and Skerries Road.

“Secondly, that we have the right sustainable financial and economic model in place to deliver a long-term sustainable Anfield. And lastly, that we are able to successfully navigate the complex planning landscape. We need to be satisfied on all three points for work to proceed.

“We are working towards creating an expanded Anfield Road Stand which will see around 7,000 additional seats. The majority of these seats will be for general admission use and we expect some seats will be allocated for a sports bar/lounge-type hospitality in order to ensure the economic viability of the expansion. Further profiling is needed and we expect to provide more detail at the second-stage consultation early next year.

“These first-stage consultation sessions we are holding are crucial as they will be used to inform the design proposals we are developing, which in turn will help us to make a decision on whether to proceed with the expansion as a whole.”

The plans for the proposed Anfield Road Stand expansion include exploring the opportunity for permanent permission to hold concerts and other major events at Anfield, including other sporting events such as Gaelic games and American football outside of the matchday calendar.

The first-stage public consultation on the proposed Anfield Road Stand expansion is inviting feedback until midnight on Friday December 13. A second stage of public consultation will follow in early 2020 when the detailed plans will be available.

The drop-in events are open to supporters, local residents, businesses, community groups and members of the public, taking place at The Kop Bar, Anfield stadium on Friday November 29 (4-8pm), Monday December 2 (4-8pm) and Tuesday December 3 (12-4pm).

In addition, there will be a project information pod in place on Anfield Road car park on Saturday November 30 from 12pm until 3pm at the Liverpool v Brighton fixture and on Wednesday December 4 from 5pm until 8pm at Liverpool’s encounter with Everton.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2019, 09:13:05 am »
Me likes...a lot.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2019, 09:15:42 am »
Another...

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2019, 09:19:09 am »
The outside looks good too especially if it can flow into the park but the fan zone will probably stay there , why not 61892 just to wind the blue brethren up  ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:20:50 am by gazzam1963 »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2019, 09:20:39 am »
The outside looks good too especially if it can flow into the park but the fan zone will probably stay there

I imagine that'll get moved to '96 Avenue'.