Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube  (Read 450225 times)

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube
« Reply #1320 on: October 28, 2018, 08:50:13 pm »
I think he'll score around ten goals from midfield this season.

Another top signing and proof that you don't need to pay top dollar to get quality (look at Milner, Gomez and Robertson as further proof)

And also highlights the benefits a clearly defined transfer strategy has. Pretty much every player signed under Klopp fits, whether it's an £8m Andy Robertson or a £75m VVD - they've been identified because they will improve the team and compliment the system, regardless of price tags.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: October 28, 2018, 09:57:36 pm »
Made to play for us.. i feel this way with all our Klopp signings, nevermind the fee... :) happy with him and with the many options he brings us!!!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: October 28, 2018, 10:02:17 pm »
I love watching him play. He’s blossoming.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: November 2, 2018, 04:11:18 am »
The shape and weight of his passes against Cardiff was off-the-charts fucking great.

Offline Monkey. D. Luffy

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1324 on: November 2, 2018, 05:11:52 am »
He seems to have a good finish on him

Next season I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit double digits

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1325 on: November 3, 2018, 10:06:19 am »
He seems to have a good finish on him

Next season I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit double digits
Why not this season?
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1326 on: November 4, 2018, 12:54:44 am »
Criminally underused again today.

Offline rise of the rest

• Kemlynite
  • Straw hat pillock
« Reply #1327 on: November 4, 2018, 03:37:54 am »
Looking forward to seeing more of him

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #1328 on: November 4, 2018, 06:11:35 am »
Criminally underused again today.

Klopp was piss poor changing things yesterday. tactics, subs, everything. we were outplayed.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: November 4, 2018, 06:59:24 am »
Klopp was piss poor changing things yesterday. tactics, subs, everything. we were outplayed.

What would you have changed and when?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1330 on: November 4, 2018, 07:09:20 am »
:lmao

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: November 4, 2018, 10:39:55 pm »
 Joyce says we're considering omitting him from squad for Red Star Belgrade game.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: November 4, 2018, 10:43:55 pm »
Joyce says we're considering omitting him from squad for Red Star Belgrade game.

Smart decision really.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1333 on: November 4, 2018, 10:46:35 pm »
Hmm.. I don’t know..should you leave players out on those grounds?

Mind you, I’m no expert on Balkan politics and so many people died in that region not so long ago that maybe tempers won the calm?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: November 4, 2018, 10:50:26 pm »

Mind you, I’m no expert on Balkan politics and so many people died in that region not so long ago that maybe tempers won the calm?

As much as I was intrigued to see what would happen if he played, and absolutely fascinated to see what happened if he scored, and gripped by the thought of him doing the eagle celebration....this is absolutely the right call.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: November 4, 2018, 11:00:53 pm »

It would be a problem. Not just because of the crowd, but one of the players may do something or say something and get him riled up and the last thing we need is him getting a red card by doing something rash.

It is absolutely the right thing to do. The atmosphere already will be hostile, and with him on there even more so, off and on the pitch

And no the tempers would not be calm because of his celebration in the World Cup.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: November 4, 2018, 11:06:41 pm »
As much as I was intrigued to see what would happen if he played, and absolutely fascinated to see what happened if he scored, and gripped by the thought of him doing the eagle celebration....this is absolutely the right call.

I would be worried about the safety of our fans to be honest, I think it's the right call to leave him behind.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1337 on: November 5, 2018, 12:18:41 am »
Has anyone seen the tunnel at the stadium the players have to walk through? It looks terrifying with police with guns lined up on each side.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: November 5, 2018, 12:44:00 am »
I think he would thrive.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: November 5, 2018, 12:48:56 am »
I would be worried about the safety of our fans to be honest, I think it's the right call to leave him behind.

Our lot will be fine, but Shakiri playing is going to stir shit up and make the atmosphere even more volatile.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: November 5, 2018, 03:59:08 am »
Should replace Firmino earlier when thing doesn't go too well.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2018, 04:05:52 am by him_15 »
Believer

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: November 5, 2018, 07:50:09 am »
Our lot will be fine, but Shakiri playing is going to stir shit up and make the atmosphere even more volatile.

That's their problem, not ours. They can't decide who we're going to play.

UEFA and FIFA should ban that country from every international competition, because not so long ago, they abused racially U21 black english players, and continuously they do some racist and xenophobic shit.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1342 on: November 5, 2018, 09:22:00 am »
confirmed he wont be going
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: November 5, 2018, 09:25:38 am »
I understand why we aren’t taking him and probably agree with it but it’s a shithouse country where you can’t take a member of your squad due to his ethnicity

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: November 5, 2018, 09:28:44 am »
I understand why we aren’t taking him and probably agree with it but it’s a shithouse country where you can’t take a member of your squad due to his ethnicity

It's not just due to his ethnicity though, is it? It's because he decided to make a political statement at the World Cup which was picked up worldwide, got him fined and now he's public enemy number one in Serbia.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1345 on: November 5, 2018, 09:32:02 am »
It's not just due to his ethnicity though, is it? It's because he decided to make a political statement at the World Cup which was picked up worldwide, got him fined and now he's public enemy number one in Serbia.

Yeah their fans wouldn't have said a word otherwise  ::)

Its a good decision I think, if we need any attacking threat from the bench we have the two big Ds
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1346 on: November 5, 2018, 09:32:29 am »

His celebration stirred a pot that gives their nutters a chance to kick off.

Sensible and pragmatic move to leave him at home.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1347 on: November 5, 2018, 09:33:04 am »
Understandable after what he did at the WC. Probably end up causing a riot if he went.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1348 on: November 5, 2018, 10:30:20 am »
Yeah their fans wouldn't have said a word otherwise  ::)

This. The celebration didn't help, but there was no way he wasn't going to be on the receiving end of a lot of abuse regardless as a Kosovan who helped knock Serbia out of the World Cup.

But yeah, maybe sensible he doesn't go (even if a part of me wants to the see the reaction)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1349 on: November 5, 2018, 10:39:06 am »
Probably the correct thing to do although it is wrong that we have to do this because of politics.
#JFT97

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: November 5, 2018, 10:43:31 am »
There's a reason why their fans were banned for 2 away games. Imagine a stadium full of the nutters and Shaq bangs in a hat-trick against the c*nts in the first 10 minutes.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: November 5, 2018, 10:44:31 am »
I could see that coming since we were drawn with Red Star...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: November 5, 2018, 11:24:40 am »

Please dont label an entire country that because of what certain minority. The problem with football in the Balkans, especially in Serbia, is that the right wing nutters tend to be part of the ultras, but they dont represent an entire nation.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1353 on: November 5, 2018, 12:09:20 pm »
Please dont label an entire country that because of what certain minority. The problem with football in the Balkans, especially in Serbia, is that the right wing nutters tend to be part of the ultras, but they dont represent an entire nation.

:thumbup
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1354 on: November 5, 2018, 12:16:05 pm »

Agree to an extent but there is also the old saying.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Right wing nutters only tend to get away with their disgusting behaviour because they are allowed to. Haven't you got a left luggage area you could put them in to.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: November 5, 2018, 12:47:46 pm »

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Right wing nutters only tend to get away with their disgusting behaviour because they are allowed to. Haven't you got a left luggage area you could put them in to.

They're allowed to because the politicians in power allow them to, it's not that simple and it's not that easy, massive corruption within every political system in the region.

Balkans are complex, I know trust me, but there's a lot of good people who can do sweet fck all to change the political system the corruption and everything that goes on.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: November 5, 2018, 12:50:29 pm »
Agreed, it's not just down to his ethnicity. There's plenty of bad blood between Serbs and Croats, but there's no suggestion Lovren would be in any sort of trouble.

Maybe we can play Markovic instead of Shaqiri. Guaranteed he'd score in his home country then fade back into oblivion.  ;D

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: November 5, 2018, 12:52:44 pm »

It's always easy to sit in a comfortable Western liberal democracy and say this sort of thing, "why don't people DO something?" etc, but a lot more difficult to actually bring about change in countries with these sorts of complex problems.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #1358 on: November 5, 2018, 12:55:10 pm »
Agreed, it's not just down to his ethnicity. There's plenty of bad blood between Serbs and Croats, but there's no suggestion Lovren would be in any sort of trouble.

Maybe we can play Markovic instead of Shaqiri. Guaranteed he'd score in his home country then fade back into oblivion.  ;D

Maybe recall the Serbian Snake for one night only?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: November 5, 2018, 12:58:40 pm »
It's always easy to sit in a comfortable Western liberal democracy and say this sort of thing, "why don't people DO something?" etc, but a lot more difficult to actually bring about change in countries with these sorts of complex problems.

Well said