The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *

<< < (3788/5903) > >>

FlashGordon:

--- Quote from: Mighty_Red on January 27, 2022, 10:38:36 am ---Athletic have reported the same today. Whilst I think winning trophies with his country will be close to his heart from a patriotic POV, not sure I believe the bit about trading all the other trophies for an AFCON. Why bother playing for top teams in top leagues and burning yourself out if all you want is winning the AFCON?

Think that line is just a bit of PR, truth is he wants to win them all! My hope is that either Egypt or Senegal win the comp but that the other goes out the quarters (from a purely selfish angle).

--- End quote ---

Exactly. He's on national team duty so obviously he will come out with things like this, be weird if he said he wasn't arsed about it.

Mighty_Red:

--- Quote from: Mister men on January 27, 2022, 10:59:14 am ---I hope they both go out and we get two of our best players back asap. I'm a Liverpool supporter and i couldn't give a hoot about international football.

--- End quote ---
Obviously that would be best for us but I know they will get pelters for losing so early,  would rather one of them came back fulfilled than both  feeling like shit!

JackWard33:
Think Diaz makes him staying much more likely - can't see us committing to a significant signing whose another forward that plays off the left if we were losing our main man from the other side

Jon2lfc:

--- Quote from: JackWard33 on January 28, 2022, 12:33:22 pm ---Think Diaz makes him staying much more likely - can't see us committing to a significant signing whose another forward that plays off the left if we were losing our main man from the other side

--- End quote ---
I thought the opposite.

What if Klopp and his team are thinking of playing Diaz as an inverted winger..

Either way, it's either necessary succession planning and/or increasing competition for places - both of which are essential for any trophy-hunting, modern club.

Coolie High:

--- Quote from: Jon2lfc on January 28, 2022, 03:05:46 pm ---I thought the opposite.

What if Klopp and his team are thinking of playing Diaz as an inverted winger..

Either way, it's either necessary succession planning and/or increasing competition for places - both of which are essential for any trophy-hunting, modern club.

--- End quote ---

Why when he’s best football has been played cutting in from the left, would be like playing Salah on the wide left, Diaz is more likely to play as a number 9 than on the right IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version