The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell

(1/839) > >>

SC04OCT:
Couldn't find an open thread for Alberto.

I just wanted to say, the character assassination in this press towards this guy is unbelievable. It’s truly disgusting. I mean, even retired Liverpool players are laying into this guy. I thought they’d want us to do well? Surely saying the things they saying in the press/on television are going to have a negative effect on the poor guy and destroy his confidence?

The worst part is all this shit has come off the back of what, in my opinion, wasn’t even that bad of a game! Okay, he gave away a penalty, but that can happen to anyone (and I still don’t really think it was a clear cut penalty) and after that he had a dodgy few minutes, which is understandable, but apart from that he was solid. In the second half he had Walcott so deep in his back pocket that Arsenal had to resort to bringing Chamberlain on to run at Clyne instead, but not one mention of this anywhere. He also contributed to our dominate period going forward, working well with Wijnaldum.

People are acting like it’s Moreno’s fault that we conceded 3 goals, but he wasn’t at fault for a single one of them.

Imagine what it could do for the guy's confidence if we actually all got behind him and supported him. We've seen what he's capable of, we know there's a player there (so does Klopp), so let's get behind him and let him know that the negative press can fuck off.

/rant.

Cpt_Reina:
Nah

CraigDS:
Confidence isn't the guys problem.

LFC when it suits:
Every players needs our support.

I would like to see Moreno have some competition for his position. Weather that be with Milner or with a new left back, I think competition will bring the best out of him.

LallanaInPyjamas:

--- Quote from: SC04OCT on August 15, 2016, 10:28:19 am ---Couldn't find an open thread for Alberto.

I just wanted to say, the character assassination in this press towards this guy is unbelievable. It’s truly disgusting. I mean, even retired Liverpool players are laying into this guy. I thought they’d want us to do well? Surely saying the things they saying in the press/on television are going to have a negative effect on the poor guy and destroy his confidence?

The worst part is all this shit has come off the back of what, in my opinion, wasn’t even that bad of a game! Okay, he gave away a penalty, but that can happen to anyone (and I still don’t really think it was a clear cut penalty) and after that he had a dodgy few minutes, which is understandable, but apart from that he was solid. In the second half he had Walcott so deep in his back pocket that Arsenal had to resort to bringing Chamberlain on to run at Clyne instead, but not one mention of this anywhere. He also contributed to our dominate period going forward, working well with Wijnaldum.

People are acting like it’s Moreno’s fault that we conceded 3 goals, but he wasn’t at fault for a single one of them.

Imagine what it could do for the guy's confidence if we actually all got behind him and supported him. We've seen what he's capable of, we know there's a player there (so does Klopp), so let's get behind him and let him know that the negative press can fuck off.

/rant.

--- End quote ---

Nonsense, I'm all for supporting a player, but there needs to be balance. The press simply have no reason to be as biased as this. There were a few players at fault for that goal - Lallana, Moreno, Klavan - but if Moreno holds his position as Clyne did on the other side (the side of the ball!) there is a very small chance of a goal happening because Walcott does not get the space he requires.

There is no witch hunt, the press are simply reporting on a match which involved a player having an absolute nightmare of a first half following an absolute nightmare of a second half in Basel the last time we saw him in a Liverpool shirt. The only way it will stop is if he improves.

If he's still starting for us at home to Leicester in September I am sure people will begrudgingly accept his faults as it will be clear Klopp sees him as first choice going forward, but the reason fans are on edge right now is that he has no obvious competition other than someone who has played in midfield his entire career, and it's very frustrating carrying a weak link in the side when there's a transfer market & a pot of cash to fix such issues.

This to me feels like a poster who has been ripped to shreds on here for negative views now trying to earn brownie points by being over-positive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version