Author Topic: Maxi Rodriguez song and praise  (Read 203135 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Well done Maxi Rodriguez+his song
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2010, 10:30:10 am »
To Village People's "Macho Man"

"Hey, Hey, Heyheyhey, Maxi, Maxi man! I want to be a Maxi maaan. Maxi Maxi man. Maxi Rodriguez!"

There's been a few now with the "Maxi man" idea.

Maybe I'm sad, but I like it. Short, simple and catchy. And while we're on Village People. Nobody up for a M-A-X-I to the tune of YMCA? ;)

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Tigerheart

• Carroll? He's shit. Henderson? Shit. Adam...shit.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2010, 05:18:16 pm »
30 million for Schevchenko (sp?) 28 million for Veron, 17 million each for Nani and Anderson 30 million for Berbatov, 18 million for Jo,......need I go on to prove how stupid your point about if you spend big there's a big chance they'll be successful. With any transfer there is risk, no matter what the price. If Maxi can help us to get vtial point i don't care if he's 9, 29 or 99 or what he cost.

If you don't like us spending 1.5 on the likes of maxi and Kyrgiakos, then i'm sure chelsea or Manchester City will welcome you with open arms to help celebrate their next 30 million plus signing, whoever it may be.

Ofcourse there are busts if you pay big money. I'll even give you a recent Liverpool example: Robbie Keane. But the likelihood of getting a top player is HIGHER if you spend more money. If you are happy with us assembling a bargain basement squad then you are effectively tacitly agreeing to the Americans being in charge. We are Liverpool and our manager who got us into 2nd place should be supported with a decent transfer budget. 

Kyrgiakos: we bought him to be 4th pick. Basically to play the same role Sami had last year, the odd game. Meaning we wanted an experienced player who can step in, make a decent to good performance when needed and that's it. It was a choice between that and relying on for instance Ayala for the 4th pick role. We chose to go with Kyrgiakos. You can say we should have gone with Ayala, but it was a choice of two ways and we went with Kyrgiakos. No big deal.

Maxi was brought in for many reasons and it was a very needed signing. He can play LM and RM. With Torres out, we are likely to field Kuyt up front more often. This means we are short of options for RM. Maxi can fill that role. With a very likely departure of Babel, the LM role also opens up, which Maxi could fill. When everyone is fit, the signing of Maxi means that we can afford to rest Kuyt and therefore create a more healthy, decreased dependence on Kuyt.

Naturally we would have preferred to sign for instance David Silva (younger and better than Maxi), but from a squad perspective and from a management perspective, this was a very good piece of business. Remains to be seen if he can do the job for us, but the line of thought is spot on.

Rafa wanted Michael Turner. His second choice was Matthew Upson. If we can't afford these players it's a plain disgrace. As for Maxi, you've just repeated my point: "remains to be seen if he can do the job for us". Wouldn't you have been more confident if it was David Silva or someone like that we signed? When I first heard Maxi Rodriguez coming to Liverpool I was excited. But then it hit me: he has the name but why are we getting him for next to nothing and why aren't Atletico keen to hold on to him? Think about it.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2010, 06:27:56 pm »
Nobody up for a M-A-X-I to the tune of YMCA? ;)

You could get a dance in there too.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Rafas_Barmy_Army

• Legacy Fan
  • Its rainin sideways.
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2010, 07:27:01 pm »
To the tune of Macho Man

HEY HEY
HEY HEY HEY (punch the air with each hey)
MAXI MAXI FAN
I WANT TO BE, A MAXI FAN!

:lmao that is epic
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2010, 09:55:23 pm »
Ofcourse there are busts if you pay big money. I'll even give you a recent Liverpool example: Robbie Keane. But the likelihood of getting a top player is HIGHER if you spend more money. If you are happy with us assembling a bargain basement squad then you are effectively tacitly agreeing to the Americans being in charge. We are Liverpool and our manager who got us into 2nd place should be supported with a decent transfer budget. 

Rafa wanted Michael Turner. His second choice was Matthew Upson. If we can't afford these players it's a plain disgrace. As for Maxi, you've just repeated my point: "remains to be seen if he can do the job for us". Wouldn't you have been more confident if it was David Silva or someone like that we signed? When I first heard Maxi Rodriguez coming to Liverpool I was excited. But then it hit me: he has the name but why are we getting him for next to nothing and why aren't Atletico keen to hold on to him? Think about it.
Could you quote me where I said that I was happy about Rafa having to be fucking shrewd and get bargins in the transfer market and could you quote me where I said i was happy with the ownership?

Maxi on a free is shrewd business, he's an international, he's played at the highest level, he's not some chump from a 3rd division of a random country.

No one on this forum is happy about the way that the club is being run, but don't you sit there and try to make yourself better than others on here by suddenly changing tack and making it about the owners. You wrote a bit on Maxi that was unnecessary spouting off about his age.

If he pops up with goals now, are you going to sit there and go "Well, i'm not applauding him, he's too old". I bloody well hope not. In fact did you do that after his one touch pass for N'Gog against spurs which gave us a penalty?

You're acting as though he's washed up and had a limb removed.

Perhaps, he was unhappy at Atletico and now has something to prove here, alongside his 2 international teammates. you think about it and stop attacking players that have only just arrived. it's pathetic.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Tigerheart

• Anny Roader
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2010, 10:56:56 pm »
Could you quote me where I said that I was happy about Rafa having to be fucking shrewd and get bargins in the transfer market and could you quote me where I said i was happy with the ownership?

Maxi on a free is shrewd business, he's an international, he's played at the highest level, he's not some chump from a 3rd division of a random country.

No one on this forum is happy about the way that the club is being run, but don't you sit there and try to make yourself better than others on here by suddenly changing tack and making it about the owners. You wrote a bit on Maxi that was unnecessary spouting off about his age.

If he pops up with goals now, are you going to sit there and go "Well, i'm not applauding him, he's too old". I bloody well hope not. In fact did you do that after his one touch pass for Ngog against spurs which gave us a penalty?

You're acting as though he's washed up and had a limb removed.

Perhaps, he was unhappy at Atletico and now has something to prove here, alongside his 2 international teammates. you think about it and stop attacking players that have only just arrived. it's pathetic.

You really think I'd be unhappy if Maxi turns out to be the same player he was 2/3 years ago? I would love it. I'm just sceptical it will happen. The way I see it he will probably have 1 good game out of maybe 5 or 6 and he will have one bad game in between.

Also I haven't changed tack. I have the same opinion about Kyrgiakos and I blame the owners for him. Except Kyrgiakos was never a top player even when he was in his prime.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:59:18 pm by Tigerheart »

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2010, 01:40:08 am »
There's been a few now with the "Maxi man" idea.

Maybe I'm sad, but I like it. Short, simple and catchy. And while we're on Village People. Nobody up for a M-A-X-I to the tune of YMCA? ;)

Simple + short = more chance of being sung by the casuals = louder crowd at games.  One of the main reasons it was so loud against tottenham was with so many players out there was only about 3 songs going round the place.

I'm kinda shocked that so many people are poo-poo'ing this signing.  If he hadnt been running down his contract he would have gone for at least 10 million...do you not understand that most clubs would rather let a player go cheap than keep him and have him go anyway?  Look at Arbeloa, or even Owen.

Maxi was a goddamn bargain...and you only have to look over at Ballack to see the impact a quality free transfer can make.  Forget about the likes of Voronin and Degen..Maxi is on a whole different level.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:45:52 am by Cid »

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2010, 08:13:51 am »
Simple + short = more chance of being sung by the casuals = louder crowd at games.  One of the main reasons it was so loud against tottenham was with so many players out there was only about 3 songs going round the place.

I'm kinda shocked that so many people are poo-poo'ing this signing.  If he hadnt been running down his contract he would have gone for at least 10 million...do you not understand that most clubs would rather let a player go cheap than keep him and have him go anyway?  Look at Arbeloa, or even Owen.

Maxi was a goddamn bargain...and you only have to look over at Ballack to see the impact a quality free transfer can make.  Forget about the likes of Voronin and Degen..Maxi is on a whole different level.

Maxi fits the bill for us. That's the most important thing. One would have thought that if we can get a good player on the cheap, it should be met with more praise than if we have to spend big bucks for him, but for some reason it's not the case with some people.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2010, 09:12:43 am »
To the tune of ahhh body form

Ahhhhhhh Maxi Rodriguez
Maxi Rodriguez for yoooooou

Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2010, 09:35:00 am »
We're awfully presumptuous
but we know you'll be sumptuous
so please don't prove us all wrong

To what ever tune you fucking want.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2010, 09:40:30 am »
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxi Rodriguez
Gonna piss on youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

to the 'bodyform' tune
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2010, 09:46:40 am »
Maxi fits the bill for us. That's the most important thing. One would have thought that if we can get a good player on the cheap, it should be met with more praise than if we have to spend big bucks for him, but for some reason it's not the case with some people.

Think most people regard any free signing as "well if he was that good why is he free/not snapped up by someone else", plus with regards to Maxi in particular I've heard from watchers of La Ligua that he's not been playing that well this season. Doesn't mean I don't think he won't be able to turn that around and do some great things for us

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2010, 10:43:32 am »
It is obvious that Rafa had other preferred options for the RM, even before Nunez & Pennant were recruited, but none of his 1st option or 2nd option players got bought.

Maxi is a 'wiil-do-for-now' stop-gap measure to give us the balance on the RHS. Rafa believes he can get him to fit in the side and will make the most of his abilities. Maxi is an international professional who is desperate to get a run of games. He's getting a fresh challenge here and I'm sure he will try his best to adjust and adapt to the style and system as soon as possible.

We could see the best of Maxi if Rafa plays him right, & we'll soon be singing his name loud and proud.
Doubters to Believers

Offline Tigerheart

• Anny Roader
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2010, 01:03:35 pm »
Maxi is a 'wiil-do-for-now' stop-gap measure

Yep. And if he isn't amazing, he'll be remembered as another duff Benitez signing. Which would be unfair.

I will look it up later but did Maxi captain Atletico at some point?

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2010, 01:09:29 pm »
people are not rating maxi? why??
does anyone remember that game when maxi played at anfield, skinned carragher and beat reina all ends up? was one of the classiest finishes ive seen. superb play.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Mr Sitter

• ...and Rosenthal must score...
  • Kopite
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:38 pm »
Making your way in the world today takes everything you got
Making your way without your troubles sure would help alot
Wouldn't you like to get away....
....sometimes you outta go where everybody knows your name.

der der der

and their alwayas glad you came

der der der

(to the tune of cheers)
I think that's probably the most moronic argument that I've ever seen on this site and believe me, there's a fucking lot of competition for that particular title.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2010, 03:50:16 pm »
the contenders?

To the tune of Macho Man

HEY HEY
HEY HEY HEY (punch the air with each hey)
MAXI MAXI FAN
I WANT TO BE, A MAXI FAN!

Ahhhhhhh Maxi Rodriguez
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2010, 04:55:23 pm »
I've always thought that Mandy by Barry Manilow would be the ideal tune for a Maxi song.

Anyone? :D
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2010, 05:05:39 pm »
Did you know that Barry Manilow originally wrote Mandy as a song about a dog? 'You came and you gave without taking, but I sent you awa-y - oh, Brandy... (I kid you not.)

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2010, 05:11:32 pm »
Did you know that Barry Manilow originally wrote Mandy as a song about a dog? 'You came and you gave without taking, but I sent you awa-y - oh, Brandy... (I kid you not.)

Thanks for that mate!!! :D 

Very QI.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2010, 06:41:53 pm »
M-A-
M-A-X
M-A-X-I
Maxi!

M-A-
M-A-X
M-A-X-I
Rodriguez!

M-A-
M-A-X
M-A-X-I
Maxi!

and so on..... (same as the A-G-R-O bit of Annie Road aggro)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01:08 pm »
There's only one.

maxi maxi, maxi maxi,
la la la la laaaaaaaa
maxi maxi, maxi maxi
la la la la laaaaaaaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK0jCg6Zeis
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2010, 07:11:46 pm »
That is the shittest yet.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2010, 07:20:03 pm »

Ahhhhhhh Maxi Rodriguez

i know i shouldnt have, but i did......laugh

Offline DanMB

• Anny Roader
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2010, 07:31:54 pm »
Few lads singing "Maxi oh maxi maxi, oh maxi maxi oh maxi rodriguez!" at stoke away :p

Offline Tigerheart

• Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2010, 07:32:07 pm »
What about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe5cUWTy3r0

"Good times are happening in Maxi's world...."

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2010, 08:57:57 pm »
What about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe5cUWTy3r0

"Good times are happening in Maxi's world...."

Every time I click on this thread it's all I can think of!
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2010, 10:21:57 am »
That is the shittest yet.
Do ya think? Nice one. Glad i beat the bodyform ditty.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2010, 09:25:04 pm »
Think he is playing not so well this half
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2010, 12:18:50 am »
Good Maxi Rodriguez: 2006 World Cup. About 05-08 Atletico.

Bad Maxi : 29 year old winger who was allowed to leave Atletico without any fuss.

If you think that top quality players that help win leagues come for £1.5 million then you sir are a fool.

Think of it this way: buying any player is a gamble. If you buy an expensive player, the chances that he is successful is high. If you buy on the cheap, the chances that he is successful are low. Maxi may NOT be a flop but the chances are high and if we had something even close to a respectable budget in line with what a club like Liverpool should be getting, I doubt Rafa would have sought the likes of Maxi or Kyrgiakos.

seriously you have just made yourself look incredibly stupid

we have signed an argentinian international you fool!!

Tuncay to boro FREE
Luis Figo to inter FREE
Gary McAllister to Liverpool FREE
Pandev to Inter FREE
Ballack to Chelsea FREE
Mcmanaman to Madrid FREE
Friedel to Blackburn FREE
Campbell to Arsenal FREE

Price has fuck all to do with how good a player is, some of the best players in the world have gone for nothing and some have been bought for peanuts!

Take a look at these muppets nearly 200 million spent and all of it was wasted money

Babel 11.5m
Keane 20m
Shevchenko 30m
Veron 30m
Luque 9.5m
Marlet 11.5m
Rebrov 11.5m
Boumsong 8m
Viana 12m
Berbatov 30m
Jo 18m

I think Maxi will be a very good signing for us, this opinion is based on whenever I have watched him play he has always impressed me

if you want to base your opinion on his price then you clearly havent got a clue about football

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2010, 12:32:28 am »
Unlucky not to get on the end of Insuas cross today, good to see him in that position in the first place though

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2010, 12:40:24 am »
For all these people saying about he can't be good for that price, I'll give you 4 words.

Sami Hyypia.
Gary McAllister

YNWA Rafa.

Offline cmh86

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2010, 11:18:38 pm »
Give him a bit of time and a decent run of games, cant be much worse than any other wingers we have on show this season, hopefully he wont be fucked after 70 minutes like degen. Some bad negative fans out there. worse than me auld fella
"Anyone who doesn't learn from Ian Rush needs shooting." Robbie Fowler

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2010, 11:21:03 pm »

Clearly got a good brain and a good touch. No reason to think he won't do well. Seems a little slow out of the blocks at the moment, but should come with game time.

Pretty confident we have a good one here.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline tboz

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2010, 11:26:21 pm »
I Really hope he isn't just used intermittently this season as it would be a waste and may rule out getting a better winger depending on what position benitez will think is best for him.

After everton match would like to see him start and finish a few games pn the bounce.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2010, 11:33:50 pm »
He's played better than I expected him to so far. I actually expected him to struggle, but he looks good. Quite a smart player, too.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 1, 2010, 12:05:09 am »
I don't know if you all remember the fernando torres interview when he was asked which player would he most want from Atletico and his response was Maxi.

Im not sure why there are doubts about his ability when he is clearly a very talented and smart player. We have to worry more about determination and toughness. 

I think he will be a very good addition to the right hand side. It will give us a chance to rest kuyt in games like yesterday where we don't really need his industry and we need more of a cutting edge.

If we can play aqui, lucas, gerrard, riera, and maxi in the same midfield we will have a really flowing midfield. The movement would be much much better and we would have a lot of cutting edge. Plus the width would be exceptional.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #157 on: February 1, 2010, 12:21:58 am »
If he does this a couple of times then we've got quite a player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM__aR7-S6I&feature=related

Apparently he scored at Anfield but you wouldn't know.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_--zSCGd4E&feature=related

I'd like to see him staying wider and linking up with Glen when he returns.

He looks a tidy player so far. Maybe he lost his way with Atletico and will knuckle down for us.

I think in a year's time we'll see him being one of our best players.

#JFT97

Offline Dash

• Main Stander
« Reply #158 on: February 1, 2010, 06:51:40 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr8Kxwkt9lM

Better view for the Maxi goal at Anfield

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #159 on: February 1, 2010, 09:16:21 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr8Kxwkt9lM

Better view for the Maxi goal at Anfield

Yes I know there are better views.......the one I posted shows the passion in the crowd and the guy completely missed the goal itself.

#JFT97