Author Topic: David Thompson  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Dan_L

• WANTED: For crimes against Carpets & Curtains
  • Legacy Fan
David Thompson
« on: August 10, 2003, 10:56:35 pm »
Cracking goal today from the scouse lad, 30 yarder on his left foot from an angle swung in top corner, magnificent sweetly struck shot!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re:David Thompson
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 11:36:38 pm »
Blackburn played today?

Good to hear that Thompson is still doing well.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 05:20:37 pm »
Was a quality goal, saw it on skysports news at lunch time. Anyone see walsall's goals on satdee? 3 cracking volleys in that game

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 05:41:48 pm »
Just caught a glimpse of Thommo's goal - very impressive - did he strike that with the outside of his LEFT boot?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
Re: David Thompson
« Reply #4 on: July 9, 2022, 08:29:28 am »
Nice to see him in our winning Masters squad
He was the one who got away. Always gave his all and was a handful for the oppo. Remember him playing well at Spurs once and oppo fans saying that is the difference between Spurs and us

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5 on: July 9, 2022, 10:20:56 am »
Nice to see him in our winning Masters squad
He was the one who got away. Always gave his all and was a handful for the oppo. Remember him playing well at Spurs once and oppo fans saying that is the difference between Spurs and us

Another trophy? Get it on the wall!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 12:40:15 pm »
Played against him in a charity match a few years ago - what a player. Against mere mortals he just absolutely ran the show without the need to put too much effort in. All his passes were crisp and perfect and even seemed to account for the poor touches of some of the players on his side. He would have been maybe 41/42 at the time, our team was mainly lads 22 - 28 or so and no one got near him really.

Always fun to see how pros and ex-pros are against amateurs. I've played to a good level myself but it still surprises you the difference - I played a different charity game years back when Rob Hulse was at Sheffield Utd. I'd seen him play for years at Crewe and always thought he was a hard worker but essentially a lump without much of a touch or technique. That may have held weight playing at Championship level but even against a bunch of semi-pros and good amateurs, he absolutely shredded our defence. Touch, movement, strength, unplayable at that level.

I've also played v Ricardo Fuller and he was shite.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez