Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3431073 times)

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28640 on: May 16, 2019, 10:06:01 pm »
I think they can only deduct points /titles from CL / Europa. Not sure they can do so domestically.
I thought everyone understood that but most are thinking if UEFA find them guilty then the FA must surely follow suit?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28641 on: May 16, 2019, 10:10:09 pm »
I thought everyone understood that but most are thinking if UEFA find them guilty then the FA must surely follow suit?

The rest of the league will certainly push for it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #28642 on: May 16, 2019, 10:19:27 pm »

The rest of the league will certainly push for it.

I don’t understand why the PL doesn’t already have FFP rules. If we’re honest it benefits everyone other then City and previously Chelsea, certainly all other the big clubs in the league would be in favour surely?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #28643 on: May 16, 2019, 10:22:11 pm »
Nothing - he knew he was snookered ;D

Along the lines of the Empty seats.

They are all buying Spurs shirts now.

Must be murder being a bitter, 18 shirts a season to buy plus Champions League teams

I'm sure with a bit of inspiration and sticky backed plastic they can easily convert last year's white Real shirt into this year's white Spurs shirt.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28644 on: May 16, 2019, 10:25:46 pm »
I don’t understand why the PL doesn’t already have FFP rules. If we’re honest it benefits everyone other then City and previously Chelsea, certainly all other the big clubs in the league would be in favour surely?

There are FFP rules but they're pretty relaxed, the premier league don't give a shit about where the money comes from but suddenly grow a pair whenever a club like Portsmouth end up in financial difficulty giving them a points deduction knowing full well relegation will fuck them up even more

Edit: this is where the premier league could go after them if UEFA find them in breach of inflating their commercial income, and if they have the bollocks to do it

E.18. If in any of Contract Years 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19, the sum of a Club’s Player
Services Costs and Image Contract Payments exceeds £67m, £74m or £81m,
respectively, the relevant Club must elect to either: (a) be assessed by the Board on
the ‘Prior Year Basis’ (in which case, Rule E.19 applies); or (b) be assessed by the
Board on the ‘2012/13 Base Year Basis’ (in which case, Rule E.20 applies).

Where the Club has elected to be assessed on the ‘Prior Year Basis’, the Club must
satisfy the Board of any of the following:
E.19.1. that the sum of the Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract
Payments has not increased by more than £7m when compared to the
previous Contract Year;
E.19.2. that the excess increase, over and above the £7m referred to at Rule E.19.1,
arises as a result of contractual commitments entered into on or before 31
January 2013, and/or has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift as
compared to the previous Contract Year and/or Averaged Three Year
Player Trading Profit; or
E.19.3. that the excess increase, over and above the figures set out in Rule E.18, as
applicable, has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift and/or
Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit.

Guidance
Pursuant to Rules E.18 to E.20, the Board may require further information from the Club including (but not
limited to):
a) confirmation that Club Own Revenue Uplift has been calculated on a like-for-like basis; and
b) satisfactory evidence that revenue included within the calculation of Club Own Revenue Uplift has
not been artificially inflated.

In addition, the Board may adjust a Club Own Revenue Uplift by assessing any revenue within it from
Related Party Transactions to Fair Market Value. As set out in the definition of Club Own Revenue Uplift
(Rule A.1.30), the Board must give the Club the opportunity to make submissions before it does so

Basically premier league clubs could increase their wage bill by £7m a year over the past 3 seasons, so this season all clubs were allowed to spend £81m on wages, anything over that had to come out of commercial revenue or profit from transfers

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:59:07 pm by FiSh77 »

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #28645 on: May 16, 2019, 10:49:59 pm »
City Football Group is an abomination. Better yet, Pip and his brother own nearly half in Girona FC, the other half belongs to City Football Group. Football has really come under attack from these c*nts, hope UEFA and FA do something, anything. 

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28646 on: May 16, 2019, 10:51:50 pm »
UAE

The United Arab Emirates’ intolerance of criticism continued in 2018 as authorities in May sentenced Ahmed Mansoor, an Emirati award-winning human rights activist, to a 10-year prison sentence for exercising his right to free expression. The government continues to arbitrarily detain and forcibly disappear individuals who criticize authorities.

The UAE maintains their leading role in the Saudi-led military coalition, which has conducted scores of unlawful attacks in Yemen. The UAE was implicated in detainee abuse at home and abroad.

Labor abuses persist. Migrant construction workers face serious exploitation. The UAE introduced a domestic workers law providing them labor rights for the first time in September 2017, but some provisions are weaker than those provided to other workers under the labor law.

The UAE continued to block representatives of international human rights organizations from visiting.

UAE authorities have launched a sustained assault on freedom of expression and association since 2011. The UAE arbitrarily detains and forcibly disappears individuals who criticize the authorities within the UAE’s borders. UAE residents who have spoken about human rights issues are at serious risk of arbitrary detention, imprisonment, and torture. Many are serving long prison terms or have left the country under pressure.

Foreign nationals account for more than 88.5 percent of the UAE’s population, according to 2011 government statistics. Many low-paid migrant workers remain acutely vulnerable to forced labor, despite some reforms.

The kafala (visa-sponsorship) system continues to tie migrant workers to their employers. Those who leave their employers can face punishment for “absconding,” including fines, prison, and deportation.

The UAE’s labor law excludes domestic workers, who face a range of abuses, from unpaid wages, confinement to the house, workdays up to 21 hours with no breaks, to physical or sexual assault by employers, from its protections. Domestic workers face legal and practical obstacles to redress.

Federal Law No. 28 of 2005 regulates personal status matters. Some of its provisions discriminate against women. For a woman to marry, her male guardian must conclude her marriage contract; men have the right to unilaterally divorce their wives, whereas a woman must apply for a court order to obtain a divorce; a woman can lose her right to maintenance if, for example, she refuses to have sexual relations with her husband without a lawful excuse; and women are required to “obey” their husbands. A woman may be considered disobedient, with few exceptions, if she decides to work without her husband’s consent.

UAE law permits domestic violence. Article 53 of the penal code allows the imposition of “chastisement by a husband to his wife and the chastisement of minor children” so long as the assault does not exceed the limits of Islamic law. Marital rape is not a crime. In 2010, the Federal Supreme Court issued a ruling, citing the penal code, that sanctions husbands’ beating and infliction of other forms of punishment or coercion on their wives, provided they do not leave physical marks.

Different emirates within the UAE’s federal system have laws that criminalize same-sex sexual relations, including Abu Dhabi, where “unnatural sex with another person” can be punished with up to 14 years in prison.

Nice eh

This is where your money is from
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28647 on: May 16, 2019, 11:08:48 pm »
And a place where lots of people on this board like to spend their money.

I would sooner buy a United season ticket that sample that oppressive part of out world.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28648 on: May 16, 2019, 11:10:45 pm »
unless you are going to somewhere like Australia and you are changing flights I honestly don’t get the appeal of the place, regardless of what they get up to

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28649 on: May 16, 2019, 11:14:15 pm »
unless you are going to somewhere like Australia and you are changing flights I honestly don’t get the appeal of the place, regardless of what they get up to

I daren't go anywhere near the area cos of their alcohol laws, state I get in I'd never be seen again ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28650 on: May 16, 2019, 11:16:17 pm »

And even then Singapore is the better option.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28651 on: May 16, 2019, 11:22:02 pm »

And even then Singapore is the better option.
far more expensive flights when I’ve looked

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #28652 on: May 16, 2019, 11:29:36 pm »

Tony Evans raises a really good point.  UEFA have a real problem.  It’s not UEFA vs City.  It’s uefa vs Abu Dhabi..

Being fair to UEFA, taking on an entire highly wealthy country is very very challenging.

That’s the challenge they face and it’s a bloody difficult one.

In November 2015, The IAAF banned Russian athletes, from all International competition,  because of evidence of state-sponsored doping. This has remained 'until further notice' according to the athletics governing body.
Are there any similarities? If the IAAF can withstand pressure from Russia, should UEFA not be expected to 'do the right thing' despite pressure from the City 'owners', Abu Dhabi?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #28653 on: May 16, 2019, 11:29:39 pm »

I would sooner buy a United season ticket that sample that oppressive part of out world.

Yeah I don't get it either. Fuck that for a laugh. Basically a temple to neoliberal capitalist greed and shite Instagram selfies for wankers. If you want to sample the middle east go to Turkey, or Egypt or somewhere. If you want to sit on a beach without interacting with any local culture, there is plenty of Mediterranean resorts for that. Why go to a soulless shithole to lie on a beach knowing what its built on?

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28654 on: May 16, 2019, 11:32:37 pm »
Wow. There's a bellend on the radio here. Some Man City podcast dickhead. This is what he said in relation to the video of the singing.
"I seen the gritty footage, I'm not sure it was even players singing it, could you pick out any players ?  Football is full of incidents of fans misbehaving, stoning buses, chucking people in fountains. The FA are not taking it any further, I dont think it was the players singing it"
Of course, he wasnt pulled up on it

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28655 on: May 16, 2019, 11:34:01 pm »
UAE

The United Arab Emirates’ intolerance of criticism continued in 2018 as authorities in May sentenced Ahmed Mansoor, an Emirati award-winning human rights activist, to a 10-year prison sentence for exercising his right to free expression. The government continues to arbitrarily detain and forcibly disappear individuals who criticize authorities.

The UAE maintains their leading role in the Saudi-led military coalition, which has conducted scores of unlawful attacks in Yemen. The UAE was implicated in detainee abuse at home and abroad.

Labor abuses persist. Migrant construction workers face serious exploitation. The UAE introduced a domestic workers law providing them labor rights for the first time in September 2017, but some provisions are weaker than those provided to other workers under the labor law.

The UAE continued to block representatives of international human rights organizations from visiting.

UAE authorities have launched a sustained assault on freedom of expression and association since 2011. The UAE arbitrarily detains and forcibly disappears individuals who criticize the authorities within the UAE’s borders. UAE residents who have spoken about human rights issues are at serious risk of arbitrary detention, imprisonment, and torture. Many are serving long prison terms or have left the country under pressure.

Foreign nationals account for more than 88.5 percent of the UAE’s population, according to 2011 government statistics. Many low-paid migrant workers remain acutely vulnerable to forced labor, despite some reforms.

The kafala (visa-sponsorship) system continues to tie migrant workers to their employers. Those who leave their employers can face punishment for “absconding,” including fines, prison, and deportation.

The UAE’s labor law excludes domestic workers, who face a range of abuses, from unpaid wages, confinement to the house, workdays up to 21 hours with no breaks, to physical or sexual assault by employers, from its protections. Domestic workers face legal and practical obstacles to redress.

Federal Law No. 28 of 2005 regulates personal status matters. Some of its provisions discriminate against women. For a woman to marry, her male guardian must conclude her marriage contract; men have the right to unilaterally divorce their wives, whereas a woman must apply for a court order to obtain a divorce; a woman can lose her right to maintenance if, for example, she refuses to have sexual relations with her husband without a lawful excuse; and women are required to “obey” their husbands. A woman may be considered disobedient, with few exceptions, if she decides to work without her husband’s consent.

UAE law permits domestic violence. Article 53 of the penal code allows the imposition of “chastisement by a husband to his wife and the chastisement of minor children” so long as the assault does not exceed the limits of Islamic law. Marital rape is not a crime. In 2010, the Federal Supreme Court issued a ruling, citing the penal code, that sanctions husbands’ beating and infliction of other forms of punishment or coercion on their wives, provided they do not leave physical marks.

Different emirates within the UAE’s federal system have laws that criminalize same-sex sexual relations, including Abu Dhabi, where “unnatural sex with another person” can be punished with up to 14 years in prison.

Nice eh

This is where your money is from
This is the post that should not be forgotten.
Well in, Black Bull Nova.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28656 on: May 16, 2019, 11:35:24 pm »
Wow. There's a bellend on the radio here. Some Man City podcast dickhead. This is what he said in relation to the video of the singing.
"I seen the gritty footage, I'm not sure it was even players singing it, could you pick out any players ?  Football is full of incidents of fans misbehaving, stoning buses, chucking people in fountains. The FA are not taking it any further, I dont think it was the players singing it"
Of course, he wasnt pulled up on it

It must have been the airline stewards...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28657 on: May 16, 2019, 11:43:12 pm »

Could you imagine our players singing some plagiarised version of Blue Moon or some other City song?  Whether it was the air stewards, the kit manager, the physio or whoever is irrelevant.  It was sung lovingly by many on board.  Case closed.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28658 on: May 16, 2019, 11:44:35 pm »
Could you imagine our players singing some plagiarised version of Blue Moon or some other Manchester City song?  Whether it was the air stewards, the kit manager, the physio or whoever is irrelevant.  It was sung lovingly by many on board.  Case closed.

No chance. We sing about ourselves and our own. Let them sing about us.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28659 on: May 16, 2019, 11:45:33 pm »
surprised they didn’t claim it was another soundtrack on that video

Could you imagine our players singing some plagiarised version of Blue Moon or some other City song?  Whether it was the air stewards, the kit manager, the physio or whoever is irrelevant.  It was sung lovingly by many on board.  Case closed.
They’d need to get to a european cup final first

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28660 on: May 16, 2019, 11:46:21 pm »
surprised they didn’t claim it was another soundtrack on that video

Surprised they haven’t gone full Trump WH and edited a City song over it.

Oh, they don’t have any...

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28661 on: May 16, 2019, 11:57:05 pm »

Yeah, one of them a doppelganger for David Silva and all. If that was us, I would be fuming with the players as the huge majority of us would. And I certainly wouldn't try to claim it didn't happen. Haven't heard one City fan do the same. Not that they have many fans mind you

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28662 on: May 17, 2019, 12:33:45 am »
Yeah, one of them a doppelganger for David Silva and all. If that was us, I would be fuming with the players as the huge majority of us would. And I certainly wouldn't try to claim it didn't happen. Haven't heard one City fan do the same. Not that they have many fans mind you

Liverpool was always a club where you expected the players to behave with a degree of class and dignity and they have, in the main (apologies for Neil Ruddock). I would be ashamed if LFC players sank as low as this, I suppose those with poor language skills may have had no idea what they were singing but no one looked uncomfortable. I love Manchester but there are (like our own city) a fair share of morons at large. That this is contagious to the players is not acceptable at this level.

The behaviour of Chelsea players (ie John Terry, 9/11, Hazard and the ball boy etc), maybe it's a money thing, after all the main reason for wanting to be a City player is big money and easy pickings.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #28663 on: May 17, 2019, 01:53:37 am »
Why go to a soulless shithole to lie on a beach knowing what its built on?

Reminds me of the time I went to Scarborough....
YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28664 on: May 17, 2019, 06:59:47 am »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28665 on: May 17, 2019, 07:29:38 am »
Liverpool was always a club where you expected the players to behave with a degree of class and dignity and they have, in the main (apologies for Neil Ruddock). I would be ashamed if LFC players sank as low as this, I suppose those with poor language skills may have had no idea what they were singing but no one looked uncomfortable. I love Manchester but there are (like our own city) a fair share of morons at large. That this is contagious to the players is not acceptable at this level.

The behaviour of Chelsea players (ie John Terry, 9/11, Hazard and the ball boy etc), maybe it's a money thing, after all the main reason for wanting to be a City player is big money and easy pickings.

Emlyn sang "Liverpool are Magic, Everton are tragic", which was something sung on the Kop, in the heat of the moment at St Georges Hall in 1977. He realised his error and apologised for it the next day.

The c*nts go full on denial, would have just been easier to act like grown men and to say sorry.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28666 on: May 17, 2019, 07:31:54 am »
Wow.

The men behind Man City.  Too long to post, but really worrying

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

When you think you are quite knowledgeable..
This & BBN's post!
Wow indeed.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #28667 on: May 17, 2019, 07:38:53 am »
Wow.

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

This bit...

"Placing an abusive dictatorship under such bright spotlights is a high-risk strategy, as Pearce makes very clear, but he appears supremely confident of his ability to manage the reputational risks. He does this in three ways: firstly, by presenting the clubs’ owner as a wealthy benevolent businessman (Mansour), rather than an all-powerful statesman (MBZ); secondly by flooding the media with puff-pieces about how progressive the UAE is; and thirdly by attacking the credibility or the motives of groups and individuals who criticise the UAE’s abuses. Unfortunately, he’s very good at his job."

Who said this earlier in this thread? Whoever it was, was spot-on...
'Nuff said...

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28668 on: May 17, 2019, 07:40:04 am »
When you think you are quite knowledgeable..
This & BBN's post!
Wow indeed.

That video of Mansour's brother, Sheikh Issa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, torturing that guy with the help of uniformed Abu Dhabi police is utterly surreal.

The reason that Sheikh Issa is relevant again is because of what happened after that tape was released.

Issa went to court. And of course, he was found innocent. The brothers who released the tape were convicted, in the same sitting, of blackmail in absentia.

These are the expectations of what the law is for and how courts should work when this family breaks the law. The interests of that family and the interests of the state are the same thing: they’re absolute rulers, and anything they do is automatically legal.

Every time you read something from Manchester City talking about courts and culpability, remember what ‘guilt’ means for them and what courts are for. How even torture is legal if it's them doing the torturing. Weird sponsorship is nothing.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:12:35 am by Mighty Zeus »
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #28669 on: May 17, 2019, 07:48:34 am »
Wow.

Quite revealing that the sport journalists were worried about losing access if their investigative colleagues dug up too much dirt. This is a sad truth about the way sport reporting works, it’s equivalent to blackmail and means we end up with bland, generic sport reporting for fear of upsetting the access. It’s barely journalism at all.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #28670 on: May 17, 2019, 08:36:56 am »
Wow.

Wow. If anyone is lurking from Blue moon I dare you to open a thread to discuss this article. It would be astonishing if you could find anything positive to say about it.  So while you’re at it why don’t you create some banners for the FA cup final declaring your support of Gay rights, Gender equality and recognition of the State of Israel.  Protesting your owners doesn’t mean you don’t support your team. We live in a country where you can speak freely. I’m sure if we’d been taken over by DIC we would have had many loud dissenting voices.  Liverpool supporters have a history of highlighting the unacceptable within our own house (Standards Corrupted ….)     

…but you lot wont, will you. You’re blinded by your lottery windfall and you’ve been seduced by the Abu Dhabi PR machine.  Speak up or shame on you
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28671 on: May 17, 2019, 08:39:25 am »
That is a very disturbing article. Where are the mainstream journalists (and their editors) who are brave enough to write and publish something like that? It is pathetic that a desire for access to superstar footballers deters journalists from speaking truth. Football is being bought by some of the world's most iniquitous tyrants to attempt to provide PR cover for their horrible regimes, and no one really says a word in the mainstream press. Spineless.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28672 on: May 17, 2019, 08:46:26 am »
That is a very disturbing article. Where are the mainstream journalists (and their editors) who are brave enough to write and publish something like that? It is pathetic that a desire for access to superstar footballers deters journalists from speaking truth. Football is being bought by some of the world's most iniquitous tyrants to attempt to provide PR cover for their horrible regimes, and no one really says a word in the mainstream press. Spineless.
What an awful read indeed. I started several sentences after that, but don't really know what to say.   :(
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28673 on: May 17, 2019, 09:02:18 am »
Wow. If anyone is lurking from Blue moon I dare you to open a thread to discuss this article. It would be astonishing if you could find anything positive to say about it.  So while you’re at it why don’t you create some banners for the FA cup final declaring your support of Gay rights, Gender equality and recognition of the State of Israel.  Protesting your owners doesn’t mean you don’t support your team. We live in a country where you can speak freely. I’m sure if we’d been taken over by DIC we would have had many loud dissenting voices.  Liverpool supporters have a history of highlighting the unacceptable within our own house (Standards Corrupted ….)     

…but you lot wont, will you. You’re blinded by your lottery windfall and you’ve been seduced by the Abu Dhabi PR machine.  Speak up or shame on you

Little idea for the shirts they could get made up.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28674 on: May 17, 2019, 09:08:24 am »
Emlyn sang "Liverpool are Magic, Everton are tragic", which was something sung on the Kop, in the heat of the moment at St Georges Hall in 1977. He realised his error and apologised for it the next day.

The c*nts go full on denial, would have just been easier to act like grown men and to say sorry.

It's plainly about Sean and Hillsborough, but if we take this lying corrupt football club at it's word that it wasn't.

The line "battered in the streets" basically it's OK for fans to get battered in the streets as long as we have plausible deniability that it has nothing to do with a man receiving life changing injuries.

Shameful, and they still bang on about the bloody bus

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28675 on: May 17, 2019, 09:14:18 am »
I wonder if they’ll keep singing it if we win in Madrid. They probably will knowing heir intelligence.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #28676 on: May 17, 2019, 09:17:01 am »
Little idea for the shirts they could get made up.

Oh yeah! Where Kitster when you need him? Shame they haven’t the guts or the imagination to do something similar. Maybe they could mock up a shirt with some protest messages, could even have stars of David instead of European cup stars and ……oh, hang on a minute
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28677 on: May 17, 2019, 09:26:20 am »

I’d not really have taken issue if they’d have sung something similar to Hughes. It’s would be a little sad given we’re not really rivals in my eyes like us and Everton (esp back then) but just a bit of fun.

However it’s the inclusion of things like the victim line, about fans getting twated and one of their players injuring one of ours which is pathetic. 

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28678 on: May 17, 2019, 09:57:59 am »

I will try and find out who he was referring to, but I was talking to a friend who is from Ireland this morning and he mentioned that one of the well respected journalists there had prepared a big front page detailed report about the city owners and their 'non football related' record on the subjects we have been talking about. Apparently the editor was too spooked to go to press, presumably because of the power of who the reporter was taking aim at. I will try and find out more.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:06:58 am by Qston »
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28679 on: May 17, 2019, 10:01:08 am »
Wow. If anyone is lurking from Blue moon I dare you to open a thread to discuss this article.

You’re blinded by your lottery windfall and you’ve been seduced by the Abu Dhabi PR machine.  Speak up or shame on you

They won't. They never will. This is never mentioned over there. Ever. It's totally, totally taboo.

The thing about the Abu Dhabi PR machine is interesting, though. They call their owner 'HRH' on BlueMoon. Success! But the owners have completely misunderstood British football culture, which in this instance is what's deciding global perception. As though you could buy a team, and buy Barcelona's manager, et voila you have Barcelona in east Manchester, hooray, everyone loves you for bringing a new Barcelona into the world!

Dudes. No.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:08:43 am by Mighty Zeus »
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE