Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4147684 times)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #60600 on: August 1, 2019, 11:23:27 am »
UKAD and VADA are year round I think.  The problem is not nearly enough of them are enrolled in it.  WBC and WBA mandating VADA for their ranked fighters is a step forward, but it needs to go further down.  It's expensive, but the money is there.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60601 on: August 1, 2019, 01:18:31 pm »
Bunce & Costello is a good listen this week on their BBC podcast.

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60602 on: August 1, 2019, 02:37:57 pm »
Yup.  The punishments are an absolute joke.  You'd almost be stupid not to be doping.

One thing though is that the testing at the top level seems to be effective, these guys are getting caught.  Joshua and Wilder will have both been subject to testing through the Olympics and I know Joshua has been tested by UKAD year round since he turned pro.  What they should be doing is extending that further down the rankings.  Currently if you're top 15 with WBA and WBC you have to pay for VADA but outside that you don't have to bother, and it's a lot of money for guys that are barely making a living out of the sport.  Bunce was saying the other day that they should be taking some money off the guys at the top and using that to clean it up further down the rankings.

How sure are you?

This is the first of heard of this! Would AJ have volunteered for this, if not, why only him?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60603 on: August 1, 2019, 02:54:44 pm »
I'm pretty sure boxers only get tested whilst 'in competition's which is from training camps onwards.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60604 on: August 1, 2019, 03:32:33 pm »
I'm pretty sure boxers only get tested whilst 'in competition's which is from training camps onwards.

If you're WBC top 15 ranked, you get tested by VADA year round:

http://vada-testing.org/515/

UKAD is year round as well.

How sure are you?

This is the first of heard of this! Would AJ have volunteered for this, if not, why only him?

I think BBBofC require it.  Anyway, every time Joshua gets accused of doping this comes up and either him or Hearn talk about it.  There was a lot of this talk around the Parker fight for example.

Out of the British boxers I don't know who else is signed up, although it was UKAD that caught Whyte and the Furys out.  Just checked and Thompson and Kid Galahad were both UKAD as well.  I seem to remember Bellew moaning about UKAD testers at one point as well.

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60605 on: August 1, 2019, 03:59:43 pm »
If you're WBC top 15 ranked, you get tested by VADA year round:

http://vada-testing.org/515/

UKAD is year round as well.

I think BBBofC require it.  Anyway, every time Joshua gets accused of doping this comes up and either him or Hearn talk about it.  There was a lot of this talk around the Parker fight for example.

Out of the British boxers I don't know who else is signed up, although it was UKAD that caught Whyte and the Furys out.  Just checked and Thompson and Kid Galahad were both UKAD as well.  I seem to remember Bellew moaning about UKAD testers at one point as well.

CHEERS

Seems strange that nobody seems to get caught out of competition(by UKAD), as far as I can tell though
« Last Edit: August 1, 2019, 04:08:35 pm by markmywords »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60606 on: August 1, 2019, 04:16:30 pm »

Wilder said he's already been tested 20 times this year by WADA. If true, can't imagine every test is during or immediately after a training camp. Average WADA testing for a fight is approximately $23,000 as well. You should all listen to the BBC podcast this week some interesting facts and figures in there.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #60607 on: August 2, 2019, 06:22:16 pm »
IBF strip Canelo of his title for not sorting out his mandatory with Sergiy Derevyanchenko

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #60608 on: August 2, 2019, 06:57:21 pm »
I doubt the casuals are to be honest, but yeah those MTK guys are not on the up and up, to say the least

Just surprising I've never read an article from the UK side about it even, they all seem to have bought his 'man of the people, i'm mentally ill, pity me' schtick.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60609 on: August 2, 2019, 09:00:29 pm »
IBF strip Canelo of his title for not sorting out his mandatory with Sergiy Derevyanchenko

Derevyanchenko being lined up to fight Golovkin. Talk of Canelo fighting Andrade next.

Billy Joe-Saunders has parted company with Frank Warren today and could be signing with Matchroom next week.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #60610 on: August 2, 2019, 10:26:02 pm »
Nice that Antony Fowler’s shorts change from bright red to pink depending on which camera is in use. Thanks Sky.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60611 on: August 5, 2019, 09:56:33 am »
I see Tyson Fury's found himself another bum off the street to fight, Otto Walinn whoever that is.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #60612 on: August 5, 2019, 10:22:16 am »
I see Tyson Fury's found himself another bum off the street to fight, Otto Walinn whoever that is.

I think Ben Davison said he wants more fights before he goes in v one of the big names, as pre Wilder he only had 2 fights in 3 years or whatever so not that surprising.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #60613 on: August 5, 2019, 01:30:16 pm »
It’s also not surprising that they will make it another ppv fight.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60614 on: August 5, 2019, 02:30:50 pm »
I think Ben Davison said he wants more fights before he goes in v one of the big names, as pre Wilder he only had 2 fights in 3 years or whatever so not that surprising.
Should be fighting better than this guy though; in all fairness it is a brutal fight.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60615 on: August 5, 2019, 02:32:13 pm »
I've come to the conclusion that every fucker is doping in someway these days. What will stop this is if any boxer dies in the ring as a result of the opponent doping.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60616 on: August 5, 2019, 03:22:49 pm »

Another doped up fucker, will be blaming contaminated meat again.  Yes the IBF is a joke but the fucker doesn't want to fight ANYBODY not agreeing 100% to his demands.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60617 on: August 6, 2019, 08:02:47 am »
Carl Frampton is out of his fight this weekend, injury on his left hand after finishing camp.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/1158583019973861378/video/1

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60618 on: August 9, 2019, 06:04:07 pm »
Ruiz v Joshua confirmed for December 7th in Saudi fucking Arabia. Fuck off.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60619 on: August 9, 2019, 06:54:48 pm »
Ruiz v Joshua confirmed for December 7th in Saudi fucking Arabia. Fuck off.

This normalising of that fucking country is sickening & I hope Joshua gets a battering.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60620 on: August 9, 2019, 06:56:21 pm »
For fucks sake :wanker Why the fuck is everything in Saudi Arabia these days

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60621 on: August 9, 2019, 07:13:18 pm »
For fucks sake :wanker Why the fuck is everything in Saudi Arabia these days

Because they now have a warm and loving leader who is really,really welcoming.

Just don't enter their embassy.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60622 on: August 9, 2019, 07:14:34 pm »
Ugh. Mind you it's Ruiz's big cash in fight so don't blame him. Might be Joshua's last mega payday as well if he loses!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60623 on: August 9, 2019, 08:29:29 pm »
Surely Vegas would've brought in similar numbers, the demand is there. Saudis are well known to hold various events there and not pay up their end of the contract. Be funny if Matchroom and DAZN get burned.

Great isn't it, you murder a journalist and create international outrage then get rewarded with countless big sporting events and concerts. Lovely world we live in.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2019, 08:36:44 pm by King.Keita »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60624 on: August 10, 2019, 11:16:50 am »
FFS. I'm all for inflicting Hughie Fury on Saudi Arabia but not to have actual meaningful fights. Complete fucking wank  :wanker

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60625 on: August 10, 2019, 11:39:52 am »
Hearn cashing out on AJ? Knows that if AJ loses that's the end of the cash cow.

Putting the fight in Saudi is a joke.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60626 on: August 11, 2019, 12:09:50 am »
I’ve heard Brook vs Khan is on the undercard in Saudi.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60627 on: August 11, 2019, 10:18:13 am »
Where you heard that? Criminal if true. They don't give a fuck about boxing over there, 95% of people attending probably can't even name three current champions. This card should be in the UK or USA, even Mexico

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60628 on: August 11, 2019, 03:39:17 pm »
I take it this is a case of selling the rematch to the highest bidder. I think AJ has his work cut out, we're not talking about a freak knockout he needs to overcome here. It's an annihilation for 4 rounds.

Matchroom announcing their newest addition on Tuesday. Odds on it's BJS.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60629 on: August 11, 2019, 03:50:21 pm »

Dont you be starting Fordy off on one  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #60630 on: August 11, 2019, 06:15:57 pm »

And Ali v Frazier 4

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60631 on: August 12, 2019, 05:27:29 pm »
Got to love the bullshit from Eddie Hearn

"We had approaches from Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Qatar," Hearn added. "We wanted to go somewhere that had a vision for the sport of boxing. We already knew Saudi Arabia was for real and investing in the sport.

"We have to realise that there is another world out there outside of Cardiff and Madison Square Garden. We have an obligation to grow the sport to new areas and regions.

"This event could change boxing forever. If Saudi is going to invest in these fights you could be seeing a big change in the dynamics of the sport, which truly excites me."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60632 on: August 12, 2019, 06:06:26 pm »
"They paid us a shitload of money, so that's why we went there. No other reason."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60633 on: August 12, 2019, 08:03:28 pm »
Where you heard that? Criminal if true. They don't give a fuck about boxing over there, 95% of people attending probably can't even name three current champions. This card should be in the UK or USA, even Mexico

The crowd were at their happiest when the DJ was spinning.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60634 on: August 12, 2019, 08:07:14 pm »

"We had approaches from Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Qatar," Hearn added. "We wanted to go somewhere that had a vision for the sport of boxing. We already knew Saudi Arabia was for real and investing in the sport.

"We have to realise that there is another world out there outside of Cardiff and Madison Square Garden. We have an obligation to grow the sport to new areas and regions.

"This event could change boxing forever. If Saudi is going to invest in these fights you could be seeing a big change in the dynamics of the sport, which truly excites me."

What a twat.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60635 on: August 12, 2019, 08:12:36 pm »
They better make sure they get paid

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60636 on: August 12, 2019, 11:17:27 pm »

‘Matchroom Saudi Arabia’ incoming.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60637 on: August 13, 2019, 12:16:13 am »

More chance of Khan fighting is dinner than Brook.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60638 on: August 13, 2019, 07:18:05 am »
I suppose he thought if the UK govt are happy to sell weapons to the Saudis then why can’t he do a bit of business with them aswell..

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60639 on: August 13, 2019, 07:51:37 am »
I'd have more respect for him if he's just come out and say 'Well they paid me a fuck load of money'

WWE have done it the past 2 years with their PPV events. $450 million over 10 years

The thing you wont see with this card though is a womens match. So no Katie Taylor.