Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 427349 times)

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #240 on: March 5, 2012, 09:34:12 pm »

One thing's for sure, England's future centre midfield partnering of Henderson and Wilshere looks pretty good considering their age.
And that's even without considering Jonjo.

Very true, both regular u21's anyway and Henderson's the captain.

But they'll be lucky to be in the England setup at all. Whereas Cleverley walks in after one good charity shield game. 'He was on loan and was good, blah blah' - Yes, but he wasn't in the England squad then was he? Same with Phil Jones, Chris Smalling etc. So friggin obvious.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #241 on: March 5, 2012, 09:36:04 pm »
Very true, both regular u21's anyway and Henderson's the captain.

But they'll be lucky to be in the England setup at all. Whereas Cleverley walks in after one good charity shield game. 'He was on loan and was good, blah blah' - Yes, but he wasn't in the England squad then was he? Same with Phil Jones, Chris Smalling etc. So friggin obvious.

Nothing like bowing to the media. Your are right though.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline jah008

• Anny Roader
  • It's company policy to give you the plague!
« Reply #242 on: March 5, 2012, 10:17:53 pm »
Anyone notice a pattern here? Gerrard out = Henderson good performance.

I think Stevie is such a presence that others around him shrink into his shadow.

The lad was much much better again on Saturday and will work well with Lucas when he comes back next season.

High hopes for Jordan.

My hopes are that Henderson is Gerrard's Replacement. I would like to see him score a few more goals tho. Actually I'd like to see everyone in the squad score more goals. But I was looking at the similarities in stats between them.

In 2000-01, Steven Gerrard was 21 and playing for the third year in the senior squad. Liverpool hadn't won a trophy in 5 years. We ended up winning the Carling (Worthington) Cup, FA Cup and the UEFA Cup that year. These were Gerrards stats.
                 LA   LG    CA   CG    LCA  LCG  EA    EG    TA    TG
2000–01   33   7   4   1   4   0   9   2   50   10

In 2011-12, Jordan Henderson is 21 and playing his first year in the liverpool senior squad but third year in the premier league. LFC havent won a trophy in 5-6 years. We've now won the carling cup and the FA cup is on the cards. These are Jordan's stats and there are still alot of games to go.
2011–12   22   1   1   0   3   0   0   0   26   1
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: March 5, 2012, 10:21:29 pm »
My hopes are that Henderson is Gerrard's Replacement. I would like to see him score a few more goals tho. Actually I'd like to see everyone in the squad score more goals. But I was looking at the similarities in stats between them.

In 2000-01, Steven Gerrard was 21 and playing for the third year in the senior squad. Liverpool hadn't won a trophy in 5 years. We ended up winning the Carling (Worthington) Cup, FA Cup and the UEFA Cup that year. These were Gerrards stats.
                 LA   LG    CA   CG    LCA  LCG  EA    EG    TA    TG
2000–01   33   7   4   1   4   0   9   2   50   10

In 2011-12, Jordan Henderson is 21 and playing his first year in the liverpool senior squad but third year in the premier league. LFC havent won a trophy in 5-6 years. We've now won the carling cup and the FA cup is on the cards. These are Jordan's stats and there are still alot of games to go.
2011–12   22   1   1   0   3   0   0   0   26   1

If you're going to compare, it's better to compare performances rather than use stats with no context like this. Henderson still has a long way to go before he can be considered Gerrard's replacement, and that's not a slight on the lad by any means.

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: March 5, 2012, 10:31:16 pm »
I think next season is a big one for Jordan.

He'll be 22 when the season starts, with over 100 Premier League appearances and loads of caps as Captain for the England u21 side.

I appreciate he is still young and learning his trade but he's got enough experience behind him now to push on and start contributing with goals/assists, if he is going to continue to play in an attacking role.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #245 on: March 5, 2012, 10:47:43 pm »
Hope he gets more time in the centre playing on the wing won't do him any harm but needs to be in the centre , don't see him as Stevie's replacement it's Shevley I see filling Stevie's boots.
Shev and henderson hopefully are going to be our main two in the middle in the future

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: March 6, 2012, 02:06:45 am »
Hope he gets more time in the centre playing on the wing won't do him any harm but needs to be in the centre , don't see him as Stevie's replacement it's Shevley I see filling Stevie's boots.
Shev and henderson hopefully are going to be our main two in the middle in the future

yes, Shelvey and henderson in midfield is what im really looking forward to with luacs the anchor. Mouthwatering stuff that as all have very different qualities but all very very talented. can all play great balls long and short with shelvy the one to push on into that advanced role

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #247 on: March 6, 2012, 03:11:02 am »
He's got it in him to become a very good central midfielder...but he's simply a horrible choice for that right wing. I'd love to know what Kenny is thinking. I'd have Kuyt or Maxi there above him everytime.

The only real benefit is his crossing is decent and he runs his socks off.

With goalscoring being our problem, would it not make sense to put someone there who can get into the area when needed and support the strikers - add a little creativity, get on the end of some chances, etc.

Nothing against the kid, but he's really adding very little to the team from that right side...yet Kenny persists. I'd love to know the reasoning.

"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline iiqae

• Anny Roader
« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2012, 05:15:24 pm »
what the fuck are we doing playing him on the wing?
are we seeing something as fans that the managerial team can't see? are they seeing something that we can't see?

in terms of tactics, this has been my biggest question regarding kenny the whole season. why do we persist in doing this? it also has the effect of forcing us to play adam.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2012, 05:17:46 pm »
Utterly rubbish,

Not good/fast enough to play as a winger and does not have the intelligence to play as a center midfield.

Why did we buy him?

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2012, 05:18:20 pm »
Didn't have a great game today but nowhere near the worst player on the pitch. Thought he did a lot of good things, actually, and looked like he really wanted to win the game - which is more than I can say for several of the others. We really have to stop playing him with Adam though, as it's not helping him at all.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2012, 05:19:05 pm »
Done his usual thaaang! Nothing.

Didn't have a great game today but nowhere near the worst player on the pitch.

Meaning what exactly? Should we only comments on players, working our way back from worst to least worst(shut up that makes complete sense)?

I agree though, there's not a lot to get upset about with Henderson after today, not when he's done nothing all season anyway.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:21:24 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2012, 05:19:57 pm »
Utterly rubbish,

Not good/fast enough to play as a winger and does not have the intelligence to play as a center midfield.

Why did we buy him?

I think he is one of our more intelligent players. How many times has he actually played in this center mid position he's no good at?

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2012, 05:20:19 pm »
Utterly rubbish,

Why did we buy him?

He's English. And young.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »
Utterly rubbish,

Why did we buy him?

He does have the intelligence and quality to play centre midfield but he very rarely plays there. Very frustrating.
 Bar the Arsenal game his recent performances have been very poor unfortunately.

Still got more hope for him than Adam though.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »
Utterly rubbish,

Why did we buy him?

BUT BUT BUT ..... Hes still young ..... is what some of the super fans would say.

If you spend 16-20 mill on talent. You spend that kind of money on players you know is going to be an instant impact or exceptional (and i bloody mean exceptional talent).  Henderson and Carroll doesnt fall in either of those categories. Henderson WILL become a good player, im sure of it, and so will Carroll, but questions marks needs to be asked of Kenny and Comolli, and their transfer dealings. If Kenny wanted Henderson that badly and for that price, you best make sure hes gonna be good.

But this transfer has backfired on him.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2012, 05:24:14 pm »
If he was being played in his best position and not performing, then questions could be asked, but as things stand he is inexperienced, out of position, and in a midfield lacking drive and direction.

Jordan Henderson is the least of our concerns, and evidently people have not learned their Lucas Leiva shaped lesson.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »
Give it time and he'll gel as a good central midfielder, but playing every game in an average team isn't gonna help his confidence or his development.

With Lucas out and Gerrard touch and go we don't have any other choices really, so its like a vicious cycle for him.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »
If he was being played in his best position and not performing, then questions could be asked, but as things stand he is inexperienced, out of position, and in a midfield lacking drive and direction.

Jordan Henderson is the least of our concerns, and evidently people have not learned their Lucas Leiva shaped lesson.

You can throw around that Lucas statement at every other player that's not performing, but this 'He could do a Lucas' is just smoke a mirrors to be honest.

Heck I could have thrown that statement at Voronin ..... he was shite .... but he could have done a Lucas.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: March 10, 2012, 05:29:20 pm »

We brought him as a right winger last season, thats where he played the majority of his games last season for Sunderland. He is a ineffective player pretty much everywhere he plays, i see him play there for the u-21s regularly and he is nearly always outshone by players like Lansbury who play for lesser teams, i think that  says a lot to be honest.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 10, 2012, 05:31:25 pm »
A player that's contributed next to fuck all to our season and lacks the balls to deserve to be a starting 11 player for us.

It's a miscarriage of justice how he gets into the side week in week out ahead of Maxi, let alone Shelvey or anyone else.

A joke signing.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Reds and Revs

• Anny Roader
« Reply #261 on: March 10, 2012, 05:31:26 pm »
Henderson usually maintains possession and has a decent work rate.

He applies no pressure on defense.

He doesn't look to me like he can open up a composed defense with either a dribble or a 1-2 with a forward.
I can appreciate that player needs development to boss a game, but these two weaknesses worry me in a offensive midfielder.

That said, transfer fees are sunk costs. I keep him, play him in the middle when I can and before Adam who doesn't give you the work rate, is worse defensively.
I hope mgt is pointing out these flaws and telling him its his job to improve on the above.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2012, 05:31:57 pm »
You can throw around that Lucas statement at every other player that's not performing, but this 'He could do a Lucas' is just smoke a mirrors to be honest.

Heck I could have thrown that statement at Voronin ..... he was shite .... but he could have done a Lucas.

He applies to Lucas because he is a young, inexperienced, central midfielder adapting to a new Club, with new, much higher expectations.
If you cannot see the parrallels there then I don't know what I can do for you...

As for the Voronin 'argument'...
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:45 pm »

His point is a valid one, unlike your comparison given their age, experience and being played in an unfamiliar position. We have some problems at present in midfield and up front and these need to be addressed and Henderson isn't perfect (he wasn't particularly good today) but there are other issues as well. Like a lot of people did with Lucas, he's being critcised and written off and instead of giving him a bit of time and patience to develop and grow, we want results immediately. It's a wider problem - what with the calls for Rafa back - and a lack patience (and the results of that) is something we've evidently not learnt from. That is a hell of a lot more disappointing than our loss today.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:54 pm »
We brought him as a right winger last season, thats where he played the majority of his games last season for Sunderland. He is a ineffective player pretty much everywhere he plays, i see him play there for the u-21s regularly and he is nearly always outshone by players like Lansbury who play for lesser teams, i think that  says a lot to be honest.

He will be a central midfielder for Liverpool.
England U21's are not the yardstick of which to judge players, I'd be more concerned by Jordan thriving under Stuart Pearce than I would be encouraged.
And it says fuck all, have some patience with the lad.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: March 10, 2012, 05:36:11 pm »
I rate the lad and agree he has the potential to be better than Meireles for us. The key word there is potential...

It would have made more sense to keep Meireles and ease Henderson in gradually. Instead Meireles was sold and the pressure was on the 21 year old to come in and be instantly better than an established Portugese International. That's unfair on him and inevitably he's not currently at the level Meireles was.

Despite how much we spent on Henderson and Adam, the brutal truth is our midfield simply isn't good enough.

Offline The Red Dub

• Main Stander
  • whats the story balamory
« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2012, 05:36:57 pm »
spends his whole time on the pitch hiding,shocking player.
"Liverpool lost that sense of purpose when Steve ­Heighway was sacked, and the Anfield academy was restocked with over-rated, underwhelming, imported talent."

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2012, 05:37:39 pm »
I thought he did all right

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2012, 05:38:23 pm »
His point is a valid one, unlike your comparison given their age, experience and being played in an unfamiliar position. We have some problems at present in midfield and up front and these need to be addressed and Henderson isn't perfect (he wasn't particularly good today) but there are other issues as well. Like a lot of people did with Lucas, he's being critcised and written off and instead of giving him a bit of time and patience to develop and grow, we want results immediately. It's a wider problem - what with the calls for Rafa back - and a lack patience (and the results of that) is something we've evidently not learnt from. That is a hell of a lot more disappointing than our loss today.

Jordan Henderson: a young, English, central midfielder, adapting to a new environment and new expectations, signed by Kenny Dalglish as an investment in Liverpool's future
Lucas Leiva: a young, Brazilian, central midfielder, adapting to a new environment and new expectations, signed by Rafa Benitez as an investment Liverpool's future.
Andriy Voronin: an ageing, overweight, journeyman Ukrainian striker, signed as a stop gap.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2012, 05:38:34 pm »
He will be a central midfielder for Liverpool.
England U21's are not the yardstick of which to judge players, I'd be more concerned by Jordan thriving under Stuart Pearce than I would be encouraged.
And it says fuck all, have some patience with the lad.

And neither is the odd good game in central midfield as well, how many good games have you seen him play in the centre, especially when we went out and spent 16 million on him on the back of his performances off the right.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2012, 05:39:40 pm »
I have a lot of time for people slagging off Adam, as his limitations are obvious and he's not so young that we can expect him to improve.  I will listen to people moan about Carroll; he's a bit younger, but again, his limitations are evident.

I will, however, defend Henderson, for the same reason I defended Lucas about 3 years ago when he was facing many of the same criticisms.  He's not a world-class player, and to be honest, I doubt that he ever will be.  However, it is clear that inside him, somewhere, is a very good player.  He's still quite young, though he does have quite a bit of experience at the top level already, and I think in two or three years he can be a first XI player for a side that wins the league.  He's not perfect, and we're going to suffer through some growing pains as he learns, but I think he'll come good.  Vision, skill in tight areas, knowing how to weight a pass - these are the qualities that, once his rough edges are worn down a bit (and he's played in the middle a bit more!) will lead us to really appreciate Henderson in red in a few years.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2012, 05:40:39 pm »
And neither is the odd good game in central midfield as well, how many good games have you seen him play in the centre, especially when we went out and spent 16 million on him on the back of his performances off the right.

I've seen him play on the right more times than I have seen him in the centre, but it is hard not to see the promise in him, good technique, good engine, speed of mind and in play, hard worker.
All his good attributes will be enhanced in the centre, as a winger he is not.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2012, 05:40:55 pm »
Jordan Henderson: a young, English, central midfielder, adapting to a new environment and new expectations, signed by Kenny Dalglish as an investment in Liverpool's future
Lucas Leiva: a young, Brazilian, central midfielder, adapting to a new environment and new expectations, signed by Rafa Benitez as an investment Liverpool's future.
Andriy Voronin: an ageing, overweight, journeyman Ukrainian striker, signed as a stop gap.

David Ngog: a young, French striker adapting to a new environment and expectations, signed by Rafa Benitez as an investment in Liverpool's future.

Garbriel Paletta : a young, Argentine defender adapting to a new environment and new expectations signed by Rafa Benitez as an investment in Liverpool's future.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2012, 05:41:59 pm »
this is what is starting to wind me up a lot on here.we`re to quick to slate individual players when the whole team were absolutely shite today.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:06 pm »
If they was an award for the pointless signing of the summer transfer window - then us signing  Henderson for 13m-16m + add on's(20m) would win it hands down.

Just not stepping up for me and I sorry but he won't do a lucus(not many will).

Play him rm or cm it makes no difference.

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:08 pm »
People are hilariously fickle.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:48 pm »
Don't know what people are complaining about. He did alright, not as good as in the previous game, but not that bad either. Henderson reflects whats in the middle of the park and when you have a headless chicken there what do you expect him to do? I agree that he will learn from Gerrard and Lucas, but do we really want him to learn from Adam?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:49 pm »
I've seen him play on the right more times than I have seen him in the centre, but it is hard not to see the promise in him, good technique, good engine, speed of mind and in play, hard worker.
All his good attributes will be enhanced in the centre, as a winger he is not.

Before we signed him i would actually say his best attributes were his crossing and engine, all attributes that would see him do well on the right. I think he will be a good player in the future, but not the first team player we need if we want o be challenging for titles here and abroad.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »
May well develop into a quality player, but he has played far too much this season. And his contribution has not been anything special. Spearing is a more important player to the squad/team. JH should of course not be played at RM ahead of for example Maxi.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »
If they was an award for the pointless signing of the summer transfer window - then us signing  Henderson for 13m-16m + add on's(20m) would win it hands down.

Just not stepping up for me and I sorry but he won't do a lucus(not many will).

Play him rm or cm it makes no difference.

The. Fucking. Irony!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."