Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25749 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Without further ado:

MikeyLFC - Rui Patricio (Tier 2 GK), Fabinho (Tier 1 RB)
Fucking appalled - Kasper Schmeichel (Tier 2 GK), Steven Gerrard 04/05 (Ringer RB)
Lovelycushionesheader - Fabianski (Tier 2 GK), Azpilicueta (Tier 1 RB)
Vivabobby - Fabianski (Tier 2 GK), De Bruyne (Tier 1 RB)
Claus - Andy Robertson (Tier 1 RB)
DeFacto - Fabianski (Tier 2 GK), Azpilicueta (Tier 1 RB)
Maxpowers - Fabianski (Tier 2 GK), Bellerin (Tier 1 RB)
TrendisnotChakan - Azpilicueta (Tier 1 RB)
AdzLFC - Fabianski (Tier 2 GK), Fabinho (Tier 1 RB)
Vishwa - Pickford (Tier 2 GK), Alexander-Arnold (Tier 1 RB)

SO...

Pickford, Schmeichel and Rui Patricio are valid GK picks and will be added to the drafters’ teams. Fabianski is an INVALID pick, and Lovely, viva, deFacto, Max and Adz will all need to choose a GK from Tier 3 of last season’s Premier League.

Gerrard (04/05), De Bruyne, Andy Robertson, Bellerin and TAA are all valid picks and will be added to the drafters’ teams.
Fabinho and Azpilicueta are invalid picks and MikeyLFC, lovely, deFacto, trend and Adz will all need to choose a RB from Tier 2 of last season’s Premier League.

Round 3 (LBs) will begin at 12pm. Some of you have three choices to make ;D

Genuinely fascinating stuff. Of the 5 RBs successfully picked, three are not actually RBs, and two people gambled on getting Fabinho in and came a cropper. TAA only popped up with the very last pick and no one went for PL winner Kyle Walker or CL finalist Trippier.

Fabianski was a b v popular pick for GK, to the detriment of his pickers.

I will update the teams and the list of invalid players in the OP when I get a chance.

Note Gerrard is now picked and cannot be picked by anyone else, and fucking appalled has (successfully) played his ringer card.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Thought I was so smart picking Fabinho! After Alisson was picked by loads assumed everyone would pick Trent too.

So enough of being smart back to picking the line up I set out for with the next pick haha! Although even that’s been decimated by Gerrard and Robertson being picked, you mad mad bastards.

Left backs has just got a whole lot trickier. Given those picks might just put Salah at left back!

Also if people could refrain from picking Ricardo Pereira at right back, that’d be great!

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Thought I was so smart picking Fabinho! After Alisson was picked by loads assumed everyone would pick Trent too.

So enough of being smart back to picking the line up I set out for with the next pick haha! Although even that’s been decimated by Gerrard and Robertson being picked, you mad mad bastards.

Left backs has just got a whole lot trickier. Given those picks might just put Salah at left back!

Also if people could refrain from picking Ricardo Pereira at right back, that’d be great!

There is zero chance that I'm not picking Ricardo Pereira

Jersey - I've had to send you my PM now as I'm out for the rest of day, hope that's OK!

Everyone else - I've picked Matt Ryan as GK and Ricardo as RB so if you can refrain from those that would be much appreciated, cheers.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:40:37 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Jersey - I've had to send you my PM now as I'm out for the rest of day, hope that's OK!

Everyone else - I've picked Matt Ryan as GK and Ricardo as RB so if you can refrain from those that would be much appreciated, cheers.

All fine. PMs early are not a problem.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

I'm taking you down to 10th tier in keepers, mate and then I'm picking you....so Ryan it is
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

I am looking forward to seeing people ping-ponging between going for their first choice and trying to be tactical ;D

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
So does everyone have to play the same formation?

I love this, wish I was alert enough to join in
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

Haha, let's go down together.

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
So does everyone have to play the same formation?

I love this, wish I was alert enough to join in

Yes - It’s a shame but it’s the only way to keep some order about it all.

The format is eminently repeatable too. Could chose another season, another country. As long as there are sensible “tiers” that have about the right number of players to create a risk of clashing choices without being so few players that clashes are unavoidable, it’ll work.

It’s been pointed out that you could rerun this draft again in three months and it could play out entirely differently.

Ask one of the participants if you can team up :wave
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:23:45 pm by JerseyKloppite »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
That Trent pick totally undermined by selecting Pickford :D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders

Nicely done.  Zero chance?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders

Yes Def!

If Vishwa pushes through and wins it; it will be on us (LovelyCush, Trend/Chak/ and Def) for tripping up over Cesar and not preventing TAA from getting picked.

One of the lovely features of this game!!!   Woulda shoulda coulda.   
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Fabinho gets blocked, Robertson and Gerrard get picked as RB but Trent goes through  :lmao

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
So these people now have to play these players in those positions correct? would love to see De Bruyne as a RB.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
So these people now have to play these players in those positions correct? would love to see De Bruyne as a RB.

Exactly. Positions are fixed.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Is Round 3 Open now?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I’m just surprised Gerrard wasn’t picked either in his best year or a year where he played right back!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I’m just surprised Gerrard wasn’t picked either in his best year or a year where he played right back!

Champions League winning RB mate
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Champions League winning RB mate

Eerrmm, kind of?! Sure you didn’t misspell Finnan?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
I can see it as good blocking strategy as it prevents anyone else getting Gerrard but I am not sure, I will be voting for teams with big names playing well out of their best position.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I can see it as good blocking strategy as it prevents anyone else getting Gerrard but I am not sure, I will be voting for teams with big names playing well out of their best position.

You really aren’t gonna like my ‘strategy’   8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....

As long as origi is not picked as striker, I think I am sound 😅

• Legacy Fan
As long as origi is not picked as striker, I think I am sound 😅

Watch and learn my friend  ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

You will my friend and he will be the best right back (after Trent) in the competition cos that boy (like Trent) can play anywhere. Imagine him whipping in balls (like Trent) from wide. Genius move on my part and I expect some luuuuuuuuuvvvvv for it  8)
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
THE PICKS ARE ALREADY IN.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Just going to eat my tea then will announce them ;D Next round can start at 9pm tonight.

• Legacy Fan
Just going to eat my tea then will announce them ;D Next round can start at 9pm tonight.

Thanks to Jurgen, I finally understand what in the bloody hell this means  ;D ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Lovelycushionedheader - Matt Ryan (GK Tier 3), Ricardo Pereira (RB Tier 2), Emerson Palmieri (LB Tier 1)
AdzLFC - Tom Heaton (GK Tier 3), Michail Antonio (RB Tier 2), Laporte (LB Tier 1)
fucking appalled - Vertonghen (LB Tier 1)
defacto - Alex McCarthy (GK Tier 3), Daryl Janmaat (RB Tier 2), Vertonghen (LB Tier 1)
mikey_LFC - Ricardo Pereira (RB Tier 2), Vertonghen (LB Tier 1)
vivabobby - Wayne Hennessy (GK Tier 3), Rose (LB Tier 1)
TrendisnotChakan - Wan-Bissaka (RB Tier 2), Van Dijk (LB Tier 1)
Max_powers - Nick Pope (GK Tier 3), Rose (LB Tier 1)
Claus - Kyle Walker (LB Tier 1)
Vishwa - James Milner (LB Tier 1)

SO:

ALL of the GK picks are valid... except Wayne Hennessy! He played for Palace last season, who finished 12th, and is accordingly a Tier 2 player. It's a fine spot by AdzLFC. Sorry viva, you need a Championship keeper, but on the plus side you can have whichever one you want...

Wan-Bissaka, Janmaat and Antonio are valid RB picks and will be added to the teams. Ricardo Pereira is an invalid pick. Mikey_LFC and lovelycushionedheader will need to send me a Tier 3 RB in the next round.

Emerson Palmieri, Laporte, VVD, Walker and James Milner are all valid LB picks and will be added to the teams.
Vertonghen and Rose and invalid picks. Max_powers, vivabobby, fuckingappalled, MikeyLFC and defacto will need to send me a Tier 2 LB in the next round.

Some fascinating picks as ever. Good to finally see everyone get in a goalkeeper. Attempts to mindgame over Pereira fell short. Of the LBs, 5 successful picks but I'd argue that not one of those is the first choice LB for their club. Rose understandably popular given that Robertson is already playing RB elsewhere but interesting to see three Vertonghens. And no-one went for Luke Shaw...

Teams to be update in the OP. The next round kicks off at 9pm. CBs from 18/19. And Virg is taken!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:15:49 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Van Dijk got picked, wow. You guys have balls.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Quick post with updated teams:

DeFacto - Alex McCarthy (GK), Daryl Janmaat (RB)
Fucking appalled - Kasper Schmeichel (GK), Steven Gerrard (04/05, RB)
TrendisnotChakan - Ederson (GK), Wan-Bissaka (RB), Van Dijk (LB)
Claus - De Gea (GK), Robertson (RB), Kyle Walker (LB)
MikeyLFC - Rui Patricio (GK)
Max_powers - Nick Pope (GK), Bellerin (RB)
vivaboby - De Bruyne (RB)
AdzLFC - Tom Heaton (GK), Michail Antonio (RB), Laporte (LB)
Lovelycushionedheader - Matt Ryan (GK), Emerson Palmieri (LB)
Vishwa - Pickford (GK), Alexander-Arnold (RB), James Milner (LB)

I like the look of the Trend/Chakan set up so far, though is VVD mobile enough as a LB? Three good players though.

Claus also looking tidy though both of his (admittedly first rate) full backs are playing on the wrong wing.

Congrats to Adz on getting a clean sweep of three picks through and nabbing Laporte at LB.

Vishwa has some first rate full backs which may be criminally undermined by a T-Rex in goal...

Just as a reminder re CBs - a fair few are out of bounds. No VVD, no Laporte, no Vertonghen and no trying to cram Fabinho in there!

But it's all to play for. A middling team could find itself nabbing Mane, Salah, Hazard or Kane late on, and a team with a strong start could find all its best intentions blocked off in the coming picks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:16:03 pm by JerseyKloppite »

• Legacy Fan
This draft name should be changed to FFS XI :D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
This draft name should be changed to FFS XI :D

Done ;D

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Like buses for me... fuck all and then 3 ;D

Viva’s going to hate me, but Hennessey’s actually in tier 2! :boxhead
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
I'm just happy I managed to get one top 6 player
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Like buses for me... fuck all and then 3 ;D

Viva’s going to hate me, but Hennessey’s actually in tier 2! :boxhead

It's a good spot!

Sorry viva, Tier 4 GK for you.... :(

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
So turns out we are both stubborn bastards when it comes to Ricardo Pereira!

I’ve got two right backs I want in the next band. I’m sure they’re the same two you want so it’s a 50/50 shot. I will be picking the one with the top level trophies to his name. If you want him then I guess I’ll see you in the Championship!

As for left backs, there are enough good ones for everyone at this second tier. All of them are a similar level, no need for anyone to do anything stupid (this is definitely a Mexican standoff situation!). Everybody just Chil and this should all go Well. Get it!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
You are correct Adz. I take it I'll need to add one from next tier in next round, JK?

Yep, from the top half of last season's Championship.

You can have whichever you want, as you've the pick to yourself ;D