Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069364 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #13880 on: March 20, 2023, 08:39:28 am »
Not at all, and the whole piece is basically his opinon based on this "source"

"It does not mean their pursuit is off and no firm decisions have been made, although sources with knowledge of the matter think City and Real Madrid are in stronger positions at the moment."

Who could be basically anyone, it's along the same lines as the Daily Fail quoting themselves as sources.

There is enough in that article to keep the flame alight for St Jude but also enough for people to be let down.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13881 on: March 20, 2023, 08:40:04 am »
RAWK ‘We’d be better off signing 2/3 midfielders than Bellingham’

Ornstein ‘Liverpool might not sign Bellingham’

RAWK ‘Fuuuuckkkk we needed to sign Bellingham’
;D

Try: Club wastes multiple seasons not reinforcing the midfield waiting for the “perfect” player, the only player capable of improving our midfield only to then be surprised at the money it would take to get him despite Dortmund’s history of receiving high fees for their stars. But carry on mate.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13882 on: March 20, 2023, 08:40:17 am »
I'd rather bring three players in than one Bellingham

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13883 on: March 20, 2023, 08:40:48 am »
There is enough in that article to keep the flame alight for St Jude but also enough for people to be let down.

Exactly, it covers all bases with just the amount of negative spin to get huge clicks.

Anyone who didn't think CL qualification would have no impact on the Bellingham deal was deluding themselves.

I still think if we get top 4 we sign him.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13884 on: March 20, 2023, 08:41:12 am »
Ward will be working on the Summer transfers. The guy gave his notice in last Autumn, i refuse to believe he just sat around and we paid him to do that. He worked on the Gakpo deal.

He’s leaving 1st July though 3 weeks into the transfer window. Unless we have someone internal working with him or external already lined up, it’s still bizarre

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13885 on: March 20, 2023, 08:44:45 am »
He’s leaving 1st July though 3 weeks into the transfer window. Unless we have someone internal working with him or external already lined up, it’s still bizarre

But i dont believe we get to July 1st and then start thinking about which players we need. Alot of this work is done in advance.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13886 on: March 20, 2023, 08:45:31 am »
FSG apologists out in full force here, talk about fooling the fanbase easily  gotta give it to John Henry and the guys they are great at PR.

What on earth are you referring to?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13887 on: March 20, 2023, 08:46:19 am »
Ward will be working on the Summer transfers. The guy gave his notice in last Autumn, i refuse to believe he just sat around and we paid him to do that. He worked on the Gakpo deal.

WHat about players who we now may need to move onto given Bellingham is unlikely?

Or we going big summer 2024?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13888 on: March 20, 2023, 08:46:34 am »
Anyway, so Mount and Nunes as the 8’s and just need that number 6 now.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13889 on: March 20, 2023, 08:46:36 am »
Exactly, it covers all bases with just the amount of negative spin to get huge clicks.

Anyone who didn't think CL qualification would have no impact on the Bellingham deal was deluding themselves.

I still think if we get top 4 we sign him.

And if we don’t then where are the alternatives ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13890 on: March 20, 2023, 08:47:09 am »

Mount wants crazy money apparently
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13891 on: March 20, 2023, 08:47:46 am »
And if we don’t then where are the alternatives ?

This thread is full of alternatives.

K Thuram, Kone, Ugarte to name a few. As good as Bellingham? Nope, but big improvements for our midfield.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13892 on: March 20, 2023, 08:47:54 am »
Disgraceful from FSG but noithing new.

Hopefully we get some quality powerful midfield players.
Nunes & Mount would be really poor.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13893 on: March 20, 2023, 08:48:05 am »
I’ve not read the article just the paragraphs out of it. From that it just seems that it’s nothing new. We know City/ Madrid have financial power. Saying we are not out of it because no decision has been made. What was the point of this article?

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13894 on: March 20, 2023, 08:49:11 am »

Europa league midfield.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13895 on: March 20, 2023, 08:50:13 am »
I’ve not read the article just the paragraphs out of it. From that it just seems that it’s nothing new. We know City/ Madrid have financial power. Saying we are not out of it because no decision has been made. What was the point of this article?

International break, how else can they keep traffic up on their site..

It’s up to a million views so far..
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 08:52:07 am by Draex »

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13896 on: March 20, 2023, 08:52:11 am »

Mount and Nunes are good upgrades on Ox and Keita so nobody should be mad about that.

Concerning we are not really linked with a #6 though. Fabinho and Henderson for another year means we'll struggle again unless Bajčetić keeps improving at a rapid pace.

Given our attacking talent we maybe should be all in on playing 4231.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #13897 on: March 20, 2023, 08:52:52 am »
There is so much riding on this summer, it just seems so bizarre that the club have allowed it to come to a window that now feels make or break. By refusing to strengthen the midfield through 3 windows, they’ve built up the expectation to the max, refusing to sign second or third choice players, they now have to make a massive statement and they have get it right. The current players need to see the clubs ambition as much as we do.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13898 on: March 20, 2023, 08:53:08 am »
International break, how else can they keep traffic up on their site..

It’s up to a million views so far..

He’s saw the picture of Trent and Bellingham out together last night doing the rounds and released it.

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #13899 on: March 20, 2023, 08:53:47 am »
Europa league midfield.

exactly what we need for next season

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13900 on: March 20, 2023, 08:53:52 am »
Transfers are the biggest driver of clicks and views. It's why someone like Fabrizio Romano has become so big as basically a news aggregator for transfers with some inside knowledge, or why The Atheltic pivoted to make Ornstein the front of their football news.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13901 on: March 20, 2023, 08:53:53 am »
Orstein is very reliable.
I remember he got slated in 2019 when he said Liverpool will do no business.
mentioned Konate around this time 2 years ago & our interest in Tchouameni.

We just need to make the right signings this summer.
Most important since Klopp took over

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13902 on: March 20, 2023, 08:54:45 am »
Mount and Nunes are good upgrades on Ox and Keita so nobody should be mad about that.

Concerning we are not really linked with a #6 though. Fabinho and Henderson for another year means we'll struggle again unless Bajčetić keeps improving at a rapid pace.

The same Mount who's having a terrible season and no longer in the Chelsea first 11 or Nunes who can't get into 13th placed Wolves midfield?

They are better than those two you mentioned. But £100m investment to get both. Much better out there. I can understand Mount from homegrown perspective. But Nunes we need to move on.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13903 on: March 20, 2023, 08:55:11 am »

Nunes is not an upgrade on anybody at Liverpool Football Club. He is legitimately dogshit, there’s no point even trying to spin it. I absolutely loathe the idea of us spending 1 single pence on him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13904 on: March 20, 2023, 08:58:20 am »

I like Mount but Nunes is utter shite. He wouldnt get into our first choice midfield.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13905 on: March 20, 2023, 08:59:15 am »
I’ve watched Nunes a few times and every time I’ve thought no thanks. Nothing impresses me about him.

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13906 on: March 20, 2023, 08:59:53 am »
I like Mount but Nunes is utter shite. He wouldnt get into our first choice midfield.

If we sign Nunes it will have to be to keep Mendes sweet. Would be the definition of agents helping to ruin the game.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13907 on: March 20, 2023, 09:02:08 am »
If we sign Nunes it will have to be to keep Mendes sweet. Would be the definition of agents helping to ruin the game.

£50m to keep him sweet? For what?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13908 on: March 20, 2023, 09:04:44 am »
A real eye opening article from Ornstein, he really picks a side and runs with it, no way you’ll ever catch him covering all bases.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13909 on: March 20, 2023, 09:06:13 am »
£50m to keep him sweet? For what?

Mendes is the Portugese agent guru. We love signing players from Portugal. That's why.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13910 on: March 20, 2023, 09:06:33 am »
Interesting mentality from a lot of people though, who have been denying that we're seriously in with a chance of signing Bellingham despite there being months of strong links, then as soon as one (albeit reliable) journalist says it's currently looking less likely, they immediately leap into world is ending mode.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13911 on: March 20, 2023, 09:07:25 am »
To the lay person it may look like punting a season for a player your manager is infatuated with when you definitely can’t afford him is bad strategy …….

Bellingham is just one player we’ve managed to get into a total mess over - what’s far more of a problem than him going elsewhere is the underinvestment in the squad relative to where the team is in it’s cycle and this confirming that’s likely to continue this summer

We won’t spend over 100 million this summer.

Wonder what Joyce will say, Ornstein is just stating facts about the financial power of the two other clubs and then goes on to say we’re not out of it. Pure clickbait.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13912 on: March 20, 2023, 09:07:52 am »
Interesting mentality from a lot of people though, who have been denying that we're seriously in with a chance of signing Bellingham despite there being months of strong links, then as soon as one (albeit reliable) journalist says it's currently looking less likely, they immediately leap into world is ending mode.

The question isnt so much that we wont get Bellingham, its more why we didnt invest last summer. We even had the opportunity in January and passed on it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13913 on: March 20, 2023, 09:08:39 am »
Mendes is the Portugese agent guru. We love signing players from Portugal. That's why.

Yeah but signing a shit midfielder for £50m for the chance of signing players in the future is a bit odd considering how we claim we dont have much money.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13914 on: March 20, 2023, 09:08:51 am »
Would be completely embarrassing missing out on Bellingham now, getting rejected by a player happens, no problem but ruining the team, costing us 10s and 10s of millions on no CL revenue potentially, waiting for a year for a player who then says no would be a new scale of humiliation.

That said, it feels like journos are just pouring out guesswork articles now as Jude and his family give nothing away and we don't either so we'll have to see. Am expecting just two midfielders though, one of whom will get injured in pre season, the other will "need time to adapt" so we'll still be starting James Milner at Man Utd away on the the second weekend of the season or something.

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13915 on: March 20, 2023, 09:09:14 am »
I don't think Bellingham is the answer, as good as he is and will be for many years to come.

We all knew it would be a signing that would most likely blow our whole budget on, when in reality we need 3-4 top signings to the team this summer.

What's frustrating and will anger fans is that it looks like we have waited 1-2 seasons to bring him in and neglect the midfield, potentially missing out on CL because of it, just for us to be 'priced out'.

The decision making from the club in the market has been dreadful recently after years of being the club others looked up to in the market.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13916 on: March 20, 2023, 09:11:36 am »
The question isnt so much that we wont get Bellingham, its more why we didnt invest last summer. We even had the opportunity in January and passed on it.

Only club that has to save up for years for a big signing because owners aren’t willing to put their own money in from time to time.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13917 on: March 20, 2023, 09:11:40 am »
Lol it’s not that.

We’ve been after Bellingham for like 3 years now and suddenly act surprised he will cost a lot of money. If he chose someone else over us for footballing reasons fair enough, but because we ‘can’t afford it’ isn’t good enough.

Oh if we dont sign him they'll deserve the inevitable carnage. If we've essentially sacrificed signing another midfielder because....we just thought we might go for Bellingham this summer, with no guarantee, no talks, nothing, just 'if he's cheap enough' then it'll be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen transfer wise at this club. Its just funny that the last few weeks have been fairly solid 'we'd rather sign three midfielders than Bellingham' and now there's talk that we won't sign Bellingham....the same people really wanted him.

I'm not gonna lose my shit over a report like this anyway, we've seen plenty of this sort of thing only to sign the player a few days later. Pretty sure there was a steady stream of how we'd blown it with VVD before he was holding his shirt up on Xmas day. But yeah....if we dont sign him it's rightly going to get toxic for the owners.

FSG apologists out in full force here, talk about fooling the fanbase easily  gotta give it to John Henry and the guys they are great at PR.

:D

Just like how you love coming back to RAWK after numerous bans.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #13918 on: March 20, 2023, 09:12:00 am »
Apart from finance available the other huge question is whose doing the planning and the buying this summer?
If the easy ‘get the worlds most dynamic young MF’ thing doesn’t pan out whose in charge of creating and executing plan B?

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13919 on: March 20, 2023, 09:12:57 am »

No I understand that view and ultimately, if we don't end up with Bellingham it was a risk that didn't pay off and a poor decision. My point is more about those who haven't believed a word reliable journalists have said but the first time a journalist says it might not happen, they believe every word to be fact. Not even Ornstein himself thinks it's a fact that we're not signing him.