Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich  (Read 5173 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Half time: Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2019, 08:56:18 pm »
Wow that Hendo pass. It was a Jan Molby special. Bobby, Hendo and Naby brilliant. Mo very quiet until the last 10 and Mane is all over the place. Trent and Robbo improving after bad starts. We have to be a clinical because Bayern look certs to get an away goal need a couple of goals second half.

We haven't played for a while though, I think we're just getting our rhythm back especially at the latter part of the half, think we will start quickly second half.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2019, 08:56:44 pm »
I thought Bayern controlled much of the first half up until we started to up the intensity. These long breaks seem to really kill our rhythm. Luckily we seemed to be getting the intensity back towards the end. Mane needs to expose their right back and Salah needs to do more. Firmino MoM for me thus far, been excellent

Switch Mane and Salah for 10 minutes in the second half and see how Kimmich handles the Egptian King..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2019, 08:57:18 pm »
This narrative around Alisson can't fuck off soon enough. You never hear it about other keepers no matter how many times they fuck up in the same game

Yep, it's really weird. I remember Ederson at Anfield earlier in the season did a really shit pass that nearly got us in and Martin Tyler started hammering Alisson. Seems to only be our goalie that's expected to have a 100% pass completion because there's not a peep when anyone else gives the ball away or when Kepa can't save an easy shot which is nearly every game.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2019, 08:57:18 pm »
It really would be gutting if we don't put these to the sword. I still say they're not a good side. Got an absolutely elite centre forward and a few other good operators but they're a shadow of what they used to be.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2019, 08:57:29 pm »
Hendo has been absolutely class first half. Wish all these fucking whinging mooks would pay attention to these performances
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2019, 08:57:30 pm »
Finished the half strongly, no clear cut chances for either team really. Played decent in patches, final killer ball not quite there.

Best players for me

Hendo
Naby
Matip

??? ??? ???

Surely kidding, right?

I was just coming here that we need to take chances in a match of this magnitude. Mane with 2 absolute sitters there, and Bobby maybe should have been more selfish instead of going for the cross towards the end.

Great game though, proper exciting CL match this. We got this in the second half!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2019, 08:57:33 pm »
Tough game so far. Prefer this before the United game over some walk in the park.

Top save by Alisson. Appalling mistake by Alisson. All good though.

Defence has been very nervous, guess the lack of VVD is telling.

Midfield Henderson and Keita are having their best games of the season.

Up front Mane has been wasteful but is making chances. Salah and Firmino have done marvellous things in pockets.

Bayern are a class up fron the usual, you can tell. They don't switch off, they are technically excellent and mentally obdurate. Not so much waning superpower as grizzled veterans.

These are the types of games you want to see though, tense but exciting.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2019, 08:58:15 pm »
How good is Hendo?

Having a real captain's game today he's been everywhere. Did some really good tidying up as well.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2019, 08:58:15 pm »
Bayern pressed high and controlled for the first 15mins. They'll be goosed at 70mins.

Hendo and Keita immense.

We'll have more chances to run at the back 4 but seemingly they might against us.

Good game.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2019, 08:58:21 pm »
He needs to stop fucking around with it at times though. He's a much better keeper than Ederson all around for example but technically he isn't as good so he needs to just boot it when he's severely pressed.

Agree. He seems to think he is better than he actually is on the ball

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2019, 08:58:27 pm »
He always enjoyed playing Bayern when he was in German football, you get the impression he is enjoying this challenge.

Hes gonna be great. Sort of player that every time he gets the ball going forward there'll be a gasp of expectation from the fans.

Hendo Mom so far.

Offline acks

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2019, 08:58:33 pm »
Mane should go at Kimmich more, because he keeps backing off him and giving him space in dangerous area.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2019, 08:58:35 pm »
He needs to stop fucking around with it at times though. He's a much better keeper than Ederson all around for example but technically he isn't as good so he needs to just boot it when he's severely pressed.

Oh of course, but what sweeper keeper can you not say that about? He's trying not to just gift possession to the opposition by lumping it Pickford style all the time.

Its ridiculous the amount you hear his name brought up and yet when do you hear criticism of Kepa or Leno who have both been utter shite?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2019, 08:59:23 pm »
For all the talk of Bayern being shit defensively, I think their positioning has been brilliant. We could and should be ahead, but they’ve not afforded us any real sitters and it’s down to always having 2 or 3 players there when the ball goes into the danger area, I’m optimistic that they won’t keep that up.

What does worry me, however, is the plan is clearly to test our centre halves and, although Matip and Fabinho have done well so far, you do worry that Lewndowski will eventually win that battle.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2019, 08:59:49 pm »
Ginis been quietly very efficient tonight so far

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2019, 09:00:32 pm »
Can't believe we haven't scored.

Grrr.

We need to hit the target! Was it one attempt on target out of ten?

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2019, 09:00:34 pm »
Ginis been quietly very efficient tonight so far

As always...

Midfield is playing well as a unit too.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2019, 09:01:22 pm »
For all the talk of Bayern being shit defensively, I think their positioning has been brilliant. We could and should be ahead, but they’ve not afforded us any real sitters and it’s down to always having 2 or 3 players there when the ball goes into the danger area, I’m optimistic that they won’t keep that up.

What does worry me, however, is the plan is clearly to test our centre halves and, although Matip and Fabinho have done well so far, you do worry that Lewndowski will eventually win that battle.

If we can get a fast start second half, getting an early goal is vital. I think they have put a lot into that first half, can they last the ninety minutes especially if we manage to up the pace?

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2019, 09:02:17 pm »
It's Mr Happy!

Just didn't feel comfortable at any stage during that half.. thrilling as it was, a better attacking side would have punished us..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2019, 09:02:32 pm »
Very big sting in their tail though have Bayern.

Come on LFC!
Continually on 11,420.