Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4150891 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #58360 on: November 9, 2018, 05:36:51 pm »
Fwiw I think Bellew wins. Come from behind stoppage around rs 10. Usyk hasnt wowed me so far. He will get no protection whatsoever from the ref either

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #58361 on: November 9, 2018, 06:13:15 pm »
I think Bellew wins tomorrow, late stoppage.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58362 on: November 9, 2018, 07:24:02 pm »
Fwiw I think Bellew wins. Come from behind stoppage around rs 10. Usyk hasnt wowed me so far. He will get no protection whatsoever from the ref either

I hope you haven't put money on it!

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #58363 on: November 9, 2018, 09:23:36 pm »
Is the undercard worth watching tomorrow? I don't recognise many of the names bar Burns & Croalla to be honest.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58364 on: November 9, 2018, 09:53:39 pm »
Is the undercard worth watching tomorrow? I don't recognise many of the names bar Burns & Croalla to be honest.
Heard Josh Kelly is a good prospect. Can't him being a boxer, looks more like he should be on Love Island

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #58365 on: November 9, 2018, 10:31:34 pm »
Think he'll last at 2-3 rounds. Not much longer than that though.
Usyk ain't a puncher and Bellew can take a shot. I would be absolutely stunned if he is blasted out early.

I would also be stunned if Bellew wins by KO! His best chance is a gruelling war of attrition with lots of close rounds where he gets the nod from shite judges. My prediction is Usyk via UD but I wouldnt rule out a terrible scorecard to make it a split decision. Can't see Bellew win but he can definitely be competitive.

You have to remember Clayton that Bellew's record is a bit sparse. The lad he KO'd at Goodison had a mirage of a record IMO. At Cruiser he squeezed past Masternak (his career best win IMO), and battered BJ Flores who is crap. At Heavy he beat a completely shot Haye (tbf we didnt know that for sure before the first bout) twice. He has done nothing in his career that suggests he is good enough to beat Usyk who defeated Briedis and Gassiev, two guys I think would also beat Bellew. (I was banging the Breidis vs Bellew drum for ages)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2018, 10:35:01 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58366 on: November 9, 2018, 10:35:32 pm »
Either way it is a proper big fight and I literally cannot wait! Shame that the undercard is ass though

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58367 on: November 9, 2018, 10:36:30 pm »
Either way it is a proper big fight and I literally cannot wait! Shame that the undercard is ass though
I'm still buying it. Worth it to get the living room to myself  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58368 on: November 9, 2018, 10:49:43 pm »
Bellew's record is complete smoke and mirrors. Fair play to him, he's made more money relative to his talent than any boxer I can think of, and he's even been in a Rocky film. Literally living the dream.

But this is about levels, and Bellew is Usyk's easiest fight of the year by far. Neither of them are punchers so this is going the distance, and I just can't see a route to victory for Bellew.

I've put money on the SD because you're basically betting on one of the judges being bent, and I've got a bit on Usyk late stoppage, thinking cuts or somethibg.

What with Bellew retiring and Usyk signing with Eddie Hearn, I don't even think home cooking is a factor. Bellew is not going to make any more money for matchroom, but Usyk is going to work his way through all the gatekeepers up to AJ now and so he needs hyping up.

I hope you guys are prepared for a stinker as well! Once you go past the broken down David Haye and some Latvians at cruiserweight, Bellew has been in some of the worst fights of all time. I sat through 24 fucking rounds of him scraping past Chilemba FFS.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58369 on: November 10, 2018, 07:42:10 am »
I can't disagree with that @Lusty, I'm just not that high on Usyk. He is so open. When I first heard about him I thought he was a higher weight lomachenko but loma, whose defence needs work, is still a lot tighter than Usyk. I see him walking g into something and then 'bang'!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58370 on: November 10, 2018, 08:07:44 am »
Yeah I'm with you there, he does get hit way too often, but Bellew is not the one to take advantage of that. It took him 11 rounds to get rid of Haye who couldn't defend himself. Meanwhile Usyk got hit clean by Breidis and Gassiev, who are both punchers, and was never in trouble.

I'm starting to think that Usyk comes undone against the big HWs, but he can handle anything Bellew throws at him.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58371 on: November 10, 2018, 10:35:18 am »
I can't disagree with that @Lusty, I'm just not that high on Usyk. He is so open. When I first heard about him I thought he was a higher weight lomachenko but loma, whose defence needs work, is still a lot tighter than Usyk. I see him walking g into something and then 'bang'!
If Usyk can take Breidis' shots, he will take Bellew's. There is always the danger of getting caught with one you don't see but it would be a real shock if Bellew gets a TKO. As Lusty points out, Bellew isn't averse to a stinkfest, so it could be 8 rounds wrestling and 4 rounds boxing!

Yeah I'm with you there, he does get hit way too often, but Bellew is not the one to take advantage of that. It took him 11 rounds to get rid of Haye who couldn't defend himself. Meanwhile Usyk got hit clean by Breidis and Gassiev, who are both punchers, and was never in trouble.

I'm starting to think that Usyk comes undone against the big HWs, but he can handle anything Bellew throws at him.
Bellew vs Cleverly II was one of the worst fights of all time! Cleverly lay on the ropes exhausted for the last four rounds while an equally knackered Bellew failed to finish him off!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58372 on: November 10, 2018, 10:41:26 am »
If Usyk can take Breidis' shots, he will take Bellew's. There is always the danger of getting caught with one you don't see but it would be a real shock if Bellew gets a TKO. As Lusty points out, Bellew isn't averse to a stinkfest, so it could be 8 rounds wrestling and 4 rounds boxing!
Bellew vs Cleverly II was one of the worst fights of all time! Cleverly lay on the ropes exhausted for the last four rounds while an equally knackered Bellew failed to finish him off!

You know as well as I do that kind of logic is dangerous in boxing. It is what led people to think Klitchko was going to wipe fury out. If Cunningham can drop him, what will Vladimir do?

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58373 on: November 10, 2018, 10:55:38 am »
You know as well as I do that kind of logic is dangerous in boxing. It is what led people to think Klitchko was going to wipe fury out. If Cunningham can drop him, what will Vladimir do?
I know what you mean. However, Bellew IMO doesnt bring anything to the table that Usyk hasn't seen before. Sure, he could get complacent and get clipped by one he doesn't see coming but aside from that, there are no other issues to consider such as Usyk being shopworn or old for example. He is probably at his peak professionally, and doesnt seem like a man who will overlook Bellew. Bellew does well against guys coming forward in straight lines, Usyk may be open but he is still harder to hit than most Cruisers. Breidis got him plenty but the Latvian powerhouse is a terrific (and criminally underrated) fighter. Gassiev didnt land many meaningful punches at all.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #58374 on: November 10, 2018, 03:09:20 pm »

Mate of mine was in Turkey when Danny Williams beat Mike Tyson and he was saying their was mass hysteria as Williams had been beaten by one of their fighters previously. Styles make fighters.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58375 on: November 10, 2018, 03:31:10 pm »
Opinions eh? That's why boxing is great, anything can happen, especially with the big guys.

Wouldn't be the first time Bellew has made me look a tit on here if he wins!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #58376 on: November 10, 2018, 03:59:51 pm »
Usyk V  Bellew what time ?

Guessing 10:30 ?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:02:25 pm by rocco »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58377 on: November 10, 2018, 06:47:07 pm »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58378 on: November 10, 2018, 06:52:29 pm »
Nearly got sick , id be worried and get a scan of his brain

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58379 on: November 10, 2018, 07:09:12 pm »
Mate of mine was in Turkey when Danny Williams beat Mike Tyson and he was saying their was mass hysteria as Williams had been beaten by one of their fighters previously. Styles make fighters.

Sanil Sam. Banjoed Williams. He was actually pretty decent offensively. Fun to watch

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58380 on: November 10, 2018, 07:10:50 pm »
Any Ace streams

Cheers

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #58381 on: November 10, 2018, 07:21:15 pm »
Any Ace streams

Cheers

acestream://757e15c0720d5e67522503dab7e5d5b54cc71ce9
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58382 on: November 10, 2018, 07:27:00 pm »
Cheers

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58383 on: November 10, 2018, 07:31:37 pm »
Any flash streams please. My go to place firstrow is complete ass at the moment

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58384 on: November 10, 2018, 07:33:14 pm »

Are you still living in 2008 Chin?  ;D Haven't used Firstrow in years
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58385 on: November 10, 2018, 07:43:23 pm »

Jaysus firstrow ;)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58386 on: November 10, 2018, 07:43:57 pm »

Just wondering where do you the find ace streams

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #58387 on: November 10, 2018, 07:54:45 pm »
Just wondering where do you the find ace streams

r/boxingstreams usually.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58388 on: November 10, 2018, 07:59:58 pm »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #58389 on: November 10, 2018, 08:05:24 pm »
Do like the look of Kelly. See how far he goes.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58390 on: November 10, 2018, 08:37:28 pm »
Nice one.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58391 on: November 10, 2018, 08:39:32 pm »
Bellew is going to come out looking like he's covered himself in superglue then legged it through Everton 2.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58392 on: November 10, 2018, 08:40:38 pm »
Bellew stoppage 6/1 and both fighters knocked down bellew 9-12 100/1. I have £5 left over from my skybet account so had £4 on the first and £1 on the second

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58393 on: November 10, 2018, 08:45:10 pm »
Bellew stoppage 6/1 and both fighters knocked down bellew 9-12 100/1. I have £5 left over from my skybet account so had £4 on the first and £1 on the second

;D fair play for putting your money where your mouth is!

Got 20-1 on Usyk SD and 6-1 on Usyk in 10-12. I can see a towel coming in or a cut.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58394 on: November 10, 2018, 09:34:07 pm »

Mine is freezing , keeps buffering
Ok now
Anybody else the same ?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:56:45 pm by rocco »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58395 on: November 10, 2018, 09:36:47 pm »
Big Sexy Prince Naseem is here! Get him on the mic.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58396 on: November 10, 2018, 09:44:56 pm »
Phil Kirkbride reckons no matter what happens, Bellew will be the greatest boxer from Liverpool of all time. :lmao
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58397 on: November 10, 2018, 09:53:37 pm »
Phil Kirkbride reckons no matter what happens, Bellew will be the greatest boxer from Liverpool of all time. :lmao

He's not the greatest fighter from Liverpool at the moment, let alone all time ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58398 on: November 10, 2018, 09:54:37 pm »
He's not the greatest fighter from Liverpool at the moment, let alone all time ;D

Kirkbride with his blue-tinted specks well and truly in place. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58399 on: November 10, 2018, 10:02:48 pm »
Big Sexy Prince Naseem is here! Get him on the mic.

Granted