Author Topic: Season Ticket Amnesty  (Read 17727 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Season Ticket Amnesty
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 10:38:55 am »
they have credit details, home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, date of births, now they hope they can obtain photo identification ?? disaster waiting to happen with data protection, finger prints then next

all for filling the ground generating additional revenue, but it leaves people wide open to abuse

Why are you worried about this? Unless you've never been on facebook, twitter or google it's all already easily obtainable.

Offline Campioni 84

• Kemlynite
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2018, 05:37:06 pm »
As an Upr Centenary stand season ticket holder I emailed the club this week to ask if they were still sending out new cards, they stated early this season that new cards would be issued for 2018/19 season as the stand has been renamed the Kenny Dalglish stand. I was told that they had not been advised of any new cards being issued. I rang up to check & was told the same thing. Not entirely convinced that they won't issue new cards but If true I wonder whether it's been delayed as part of continuing amnesty talks?

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2018, 08:43:56 pm »
Not sure what they mean by "4000 types of photographic ID.." ?? Passport, driving licence, ID cards maybe for some abroad? Then a selfie. to compare.... But then what? For example, a tout can do that, so are they then going to stop people at random and compare? Coz surely then could then pass it on each game as before...?

And those with multiple STs can keep them?

Mixed feelings so far but early days...
We are a team of one half.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2018, 09:41:47 pm »
Maybe the app will already know if the photo id has already been used and won't allow that id used on another ticket . Thought the idea of the amnesty was to get the tickets in the usual users name and details , and to get away from anyone having more than one ticket in there name .

My tickets are in another persons name but I've had access to them since 1996 . Two came out in the ballot for kiev and when I went to pick them up was refused because the primary holder needed to collect . When informed that wasn't possible as he had passed away they asked me to obtain an original death certificate and then I could have the tickets and then a name change of my existing season tkt

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2018, 07:38:28 am »
My mate has has been using a season ticket since 2002, he got it off a workmate who went the game with another guy, but the other guy could no longer go. (Both season tickets are registered at the workmates address) The workmate moved jobs and is still in contact with my mate, however the wearabouts of the guy whose name is on the ticket my mate uses is unknown. Does any one know what might happen in this situation where the season ticket is effectively my mates, he’s used it since 2002 but he wouldn’t be able to provide ID of the original owners name as no one knows his current wearabouts. Hope this makes sense.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2018, 08:55:21 am »
My mate has has been using a season ticket since 2002, he got it off a workmate who went the game with another guy, but the other guy could no longer go. (Both season tickets are registered at the workmates address) The workmate moved jobs and is still in contact with my mate, however the wearabouts of the guy whose name is on the ticket my mate uses is unknown. Does any one know what might happen in this situation where the season ticket is effectively my mates, he’s used it since 2002 but he wouldn’t be able to provide ID of the original owners name as no one knows his current wearabouts. Hope this makes sense.

Id say this would be a tricky one , your mate if like me possibly has it all set up with his email address , has used his bank for payment ( auto cup etc ) . Though you say the address of it is registered at the workmates then possibly an uo to date utility bill or driving licence in your workmates name will possibly help if he just says its in effect his because it's at his address .

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2018, 09:06:33 am »
Cheers mate a few years ago my mate was able to change the address by using a utility bill of the workmates address to his address but wasn’t able to change the name. So my mate receives all correspondence and like you say pays for it, has all auto cup set up, it’s in his email etc. It’s just the actual name is not my mates on the ticket.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2018, 10:23:48 am »
Was hoping the amnesty would actually mean more season tickets becoming available to those on the waiting list.. But it seems not?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2018, 10:49:23 am »
Was hoping the amnesty would actually mean more season tickets becoming available to those on the waiting list.. But it seems not?

It will free some up no doubt but it’s not the main aim

The touts with twenty odd will struggle to get twenty odd still I’d think

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2018, 11:10:44 am »
It will free some up no doubt but it’s not the main aim

The touts with twenty odd will struggle to get twenty odd still I’d think

The club are trying to get the tickets in the name of the people who are using them, and hopefully all the people who actually use them can transfer to their names with the minimum of hassle.

The proposed amnesty is going to force the people who have multiple season tickets in their name to change to an individual name from my understanding of it? It's a step in the right direction but the people have enough time to get mates to register as the lead user but still have control of the cards. This means the cards are free to be touted until the club comes up with another amnesty scheme in 20 years time.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2018, 11:16:36 am »
The club are trying to get the tickets in the name of the people who are using them, and hopefully all the people who actually use them can transfer to their names with the minimum of hassle.

The proposed amnesty is going to force the people who have multiple season tickets in their name to change to an individual name from my understanding of it? It's a step in the right direction but the people have enough time to get mates to register as the lead user but still have control of the cards. This means the cards are free to be touted until the club comes up with another amnesty scheme in 20 years time.

Think it’ll be a forerunner to an approved scheme to pass tickets on to mates but then will lead to checks and tickets being removed if not being used by registered users

It’s a start but I’d have preferred photo season ticket cards that you could nominate three others to use. Put the four pics on them. Easy to spot check. Would stop the touts. Resale ticket through club if no one can use.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2018, 11:24:06 am »
If they (or the app) looks at our ID and selfie, and compared them, then deletes it right away then so what after that..? I might be being dense :D but how does that help with a tout doing that, say, then passing it on to people every game for inflated prices? Or was I hoping for too much from this? Surely that is a big issue (we know from posts on here_ and I was hoping the ID scheme would help.... :-\

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2018, 11:26:05 am »
If they (or the app) looks at our ID and selfie, and compared them, then deletes it right away then so what after that..? I might be being dense :D but how does that help with a tout doing that, say, then passing it on to people every game for inflated prices? Or was I hoping for too much from this? Surely that is a big issue (we know from posts on here_ and I was hoping the ID scheme would help.... :-\

I assumed a pic was deleted but persons details will be up to date? Maybe spot checks to ID then on match days?

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2018, 11:42:32 am »
I assumed a pic was deleted but persons details will be up to date? Maybe spot checks to ID then on match days?

Spot checks would help. Personally don't think the club wants to do them,judging from the amount of obvious non locals you see in U1 & 9.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2018, 11:45:31 am »
Spot checks would help. Personally don't think the club wants to do them,judging from the amount of obvious non locals you see in U1 & 9.

Agree on the appetite

I do get confused by the non local bit though (not aimed at you as I hear it a lot) the city has an international university who would presumably all qualify for local tickets so the only way to know would be for ticket checks to be done

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2018, 11:47:50 am »
Yes, but I think they should do them! Students would at least be able to speak English and from what some have said on here....

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2018, 11:50:52 am »
Yes, but I think they should do them! Students would at least be able to speak English and from what some have said on here....

Oh they should do the checks on all local tickets every game. No excuse not too

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2018, 12:02:33 pm »
Oh they should do the checks on all local tickets every game. No excuse not too

It has been mentioned before. Have one turnstile, people advised to get there early, and all 500 are ID'd. People shouldn't have a problem with getting there early and having to wait, as they've saved £40-50 on a ticket.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2018, 12:03:51 pm »
It has been mentioned before. Have one turnstile, people advised to get there early, and all 500 are ID'd. People shouldn't have a problem with getting there early and having to wait, as they've saved £40-50 on a ticket.

Precisely - not difficult at all

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2018, 12:05:35 pm »
Agree on the appetite

I do get confused by the non local bit though (not aimed at you as I hear it a lot) the city has an international university who would presumably all qualify for local tickets so the only way to know would be for ticket checks to be done

That's a fair point about the students, taking that into consideration the only way would be to carry out spot checks then.

Cheers, I know your comment was aimed me.
I was in U2 & 8 for a lot of games last season and saw stewards struggling to sort out people in the locals sections many times down to communication issues. A simple spot check would be easy in these situations.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2018, 01:09:34 pm »
I think the only way the amnesty will affect the waiting list is when you get it in your name , if your on the waiting list you come off it hopefully pushing a few up considerably higher . The club will get a better outlook on actual numbers on the list and get marketing access to the right people .

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2018, 07:24:00 pm »
Going to be some interesting convos some people are going to have with the actual season ticket holder if they've been using their ticket for the past 10 years say
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2018, 09:51:32 pm »
I think it's a bit of a shame about not having the photo IDs on the cards, that would've really helped but as this is only phase one we've got to be more patient! People will ease up on it once they see if it's made a difference.

I've had to do the verification via an app for something and it does only take a few seconds. For that you had to take a photo of your ID and then create a video with you reading out a phrase that appeared on screen. I guess it's so they know it is you, can get a photo from anywhere these days. I believe these where then manually approved and then the photo and video deleted.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2018, 11:20:35 pm »
Going to be some interesting convos some people are going to have with the actual season ticket holder if they've been using their ticket for the past 10 years say

Oh yes , a lot of people just see having one as a bit of a status symbol and they won't be happy relinquishing it to the guy whose paid £800 for a good few years , guarantee you'll hear tales of holders now asking for £100s to swap it over .

I know a lad who came out the ballot for Kiev , has had another fellas ticket for 7 years . The guys son comes around saying my dads ticket has come out in the ballot and he thinks he is entitled  to the ticket because it's in his name .

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2018, 09:25:10 am »
Anyone could fake this photo surely? Be that online, or asking anyone in the street who looks remotely similar to who you need it to be?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2018, 09:27:54 am »

At every game there are stewards who have to stick the card in for people who've no idea how to use it (even those with ST which sort of says it all). I'm not sure how much slower it would make it to do a quick ID check. At some grounds, (I know Stoke do this), you hand your card to a man in a booth in the turnstyle and he scans it for you.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2018, 11:35:58 am »
Maybe once the amnesty is finalised and a system in place to allow you to pass the ticket onto friends and family then the stewards and club will come down a lot harder on blatant touting , ie a Japanese supporter barely speaking English not knowing one end of anfield from the other and unable to answer basic questions about the actual ticket holder .
I witnessed it the season before in the pub after evry match two lads one with a book ticking the tickets off as they come back ..from , scandanavian , japanese , Indian supporters all obviously there for a one off game and paying through the nose . The guy collecting had a minimum of 40 cards in his hand .

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2018, 02:47:28 pm »
Anyone could fake this photo surely? Be that online, or asking anyone in the street who looks remotely similar to who you need it to be?

It will likely be a video, I said further up that I've done an ID check like this before and it was really quick and simple to do.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2018, 11:34:55 am »
It will likely be a video, I said further up that I've done an ID check like this before and it was really quick and simple to do.

I've used a similar ID check before and it was a case of taking a picture of your ID and then a picture of yourself. The picture was then checked against your ID to complete authentication. The link above states that you will take "a selfie", so I suspect this will be exactly the same as the one's i've used previously, rather than a video. As you say, it's a very quick and easy thing to do.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2018, 01:44:04 pm »
Hopefully the App will later allow you to transfer the ticket (Be it season Ticket or Membership) to someone who is also registered on the ID system inc Season Ticket Holders and Members.

To stop touting you state that they have to be registered on the system 3 months before the game and this will inturn stop the Tourist Tout Customer.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2018, 03:22:18 pm »
I've used a similar ID check before and it was a case of taking a picture of your ID and then a picture of yourself. The picture was then checked against your ID to complete authentication. The link above states that you will take "a selfie", so I suspect this will be exactly the same as the one's i've used previously, rather than a video. As you say, it's a very quick and easy thing to do.

Hopefully it's locked so you can only take a photo rather than just upload. The video is simpler for someone doing the authentication as they can review and know it's origin as they can ask for a specific phrase.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2018, 03:53:04 pm »
The last sentance of Phil Dutton's statement is the bit that concerns me.
"But for the time being this is all about stage one of the amnesty which is all about getting the right names on season tickets and nothing else.”

This indicates that the process of ensuring that season tickets are also identification cards is just the first stage in some process.  But we are being asked to cooperate with this without knowing what stage two, stage three, etc, are going to be.

My season ticket is in my own name, achieved after spending 15 years on the waiting list.  So I am not fearful about personal impact/consequences here.  But what I do dislike is the club introducing a process with a lack of clarity about what comes next.  I do not see why the club cannot be clear about stages two, three, etc of this process from the outset.  It feels that the club is lacking in transparency when they are asking supporters to engage in a process but not saying what the next steps are going to be.

If the club are going to take further steps, such as saying it is no longer okay for people to hold more than one seasie card in their name, then they need to grow some balls and say that it is not okay from the outset.  Otherwise what is the point of doing this whole exercise?  Are they trying to hoodwink people into engaging with identification process so that they can then introduce restrictions later. 

When Phil Dutton states "We are not looking to take season tickets off supporters, we just want to know who is using it . . ."   Then does this mean that touts holding many season tickets are never going to be challenged???   If that isn't stage two or three, following on from the stage one identification card process, then what is???
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2018, 08:21:29 am »
I wish we would just hurry up and win the league again. Then there will be loads who have been waiting for that who will stop going to the game

Offline Calciotore

• Legacy Fan
  • Ho scelto di scendere in campo
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2018, 06:51:14 pm »
The last sentance of Phil Dutton's statement is the bit that concerns me.
"But for the time being this is all about stage one of the amnesty which is all about getting the right names on season tickets and nothing else.”

This indicates that the process of ensuring that season tickets are also identification cards is just the first stage in some process.  But we are being asked to cooperate with this without knowing what stage two, stage three, etc, are going to be.

My season ticket is in my own name, achieved after spending 15 years on the waiting list.  So I am not fearful about personal impact/consequences here.  But what I do dislike is the club introducing a process with a lack of clarity about what comes next.  I do not see why the club cannot be clear about stages two, three, etc of this process from the outset.  It feels that the club is lacking in transparency when they are asking supporters to engage in a process but not saying what the next steps are going to be.

If the club are going to take further steps, such as saying it is no longer okay for people to hold more than one seasie card in their name, then they need to grow some balls and say that it is not okay from the outset.  Otherwise what is the point of doing this whole exercise?  Are they trying to hoodwink people into engaging with identification process so that they can then introduce restrictions later. 

When Phil Dutton states "We are not looking to take season tickets off supporters, we just want to know who is using it . . ."   Then does this mean that touts holding many season tickets are never going to be challenged???   If that isn't stage two or three, following on from the stage one identification card process, then what is???

As you point out, clearly the club has a long term strategy regarding tickets and, yes, as this juncture it's not quite clear of the final outcome(s) for us supporters.

Simplistically, this process is about the club gaining more control of the tickets. They've stated that they aren't concerned about who, generally has the ticket - however they want to know who's actually using it. The touting clearly is an issue not just for the club but supporters too. Spirit of Shankly unearthed all kinds of sinister goings-on when they investigated the market for tickets and the origins.

Despite the expansion of the Main stand the issue over tickets hasn't really reduced, especially when the club estimate that on most match days tickets are sold but the actual seats aren't used - wasn't it estimated at 3000 unused for every game? That's a huge loss of revenue which the club clearly want to solve.

As for the technological changes, it's happening everywhere. While we may like to call ourselves supporters the reality is that we're actually merely consumers, customers purchasing a product with supply not matching the demand - there aren't enough tickets!!

Y.N.W.A

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2018, 10:25:40 am »
I am advised that Liverpool FC have created an email address that can be used so as people who cannot attend the game have the means to advise this and give details of person using the ST,, does anyone have the address to hand please

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2018, 01:03:54 pm »
I am advised that Liverpool FC have created an email address that can be used so as people who cannot attend the game have the means to advise this and give details of person using the ST,, does anyone have the address to hand please

Yes but you have to send your bank card details (long card number, security number and expiration date) too to allow the partial refund.

It's jake@rippingyouoff.com
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline davsteer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: May 9, 2019, 11:31:23 pm »
I'm new to this but been trying to find out if my mates dad's season ticket (his dad passed away in march) can be put into my mates name or not??
Problem is he doesn't know the log in details for it either - anyone got advice?
Cheers

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2019, 03:14:25 am »
Best emailing I'd have thought - just don't be too specific with your initial enquiry! ;)

contactus@liverpoolfc.com