Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly Q&A  (Read 299621 times)

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
Re: Spirit of Shankly Q&A
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2010, 02:18:26 am »
thanks paul, presistence is my key here ;D
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #321 on: August 2, 2010, 01:41:07 pm »
Are we trying to contact this new buyer(supposdly) if so what question are being asked? if of course you are allowed to disclose this information.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #322 on: August 3, 2010, 12:47:42 am »
Would it be in SOS's remit to e-mail members and ask them to get involved in the Hester letter campaign?

Anyone who seems to know what they're talking about, are suggesting that it's imperative to continue with this action, now, more than ever.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: August 3, 2010, 05:09:35 pm »
What is SOS's position on the recent developments at the club and how any potential takeover by Kenny Huang et al would impact on the supporter ownership issue?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #324 on: August 3, 2010, 11:25:39 pm »
What is SOS's position on the recent developments at the club and how any potential takeover by Kenny Huang et al would impact on the supporter ownership issue?

The position is likely to be clarified in the next day or so.

While pleased to see what seems to be movement our attitude is caution. Very little is known of him, the plans and what it would mean for the supporters and Club.

We would expect him to engage with us if he is serious about respecting the history of this Club and its supporters and we have already taken steps in a number of areas about the developments of the last few days.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: August 3, 2010, 11:28:11 pm »
The position is likely to be clarified in the next day or so.

While pleased to see what seems to be movement our attitude is caution. Very little is known of him, the plans and what it would mean for the supporters and Club.

We would expect him to engage with us if he is serious about respecting the history of this Club and its supporters and we have already taken steps in a number of areas about the developments of the last few days.
good to know, i do hope he takes Sos into consideration!

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #326 on: August 4, 2010, 01:00:28 pm »
Will the SOS be vetting and researching the potential investors?  Will they say whether they are in favour of a certain owner or owners? I'm not suggesting that the SOS has the power to veto, but they do have the power to influence the fans.

I've lost count of the amount of times that lots of fans have accused Moores and Parry of not Googling the yanks before they arrived, as it would have been so easy to work out they were a pair of c*nts in the first place. Hope that doesn't happen again.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #327 on: August 4, 2010, 06:05:05 pm »
Will the SOS be vetting and researching the potential investors?  Will they say whether they are in favour of a certain owner or owners? I'm not suggesting that the SOS has the power to veto, but they do have the power to influence the fans.

I've lost count of the amount of times that lots of fans have accused Moores and Parry of not Googling the yanks before they arrived, as it would have been so easy to work out they were a pair of c*nts in the first place. Hope that doesn't happen again.

It's down to every supporter to do their research into people and not just look at the promises. "Once Bitten, Twice Shy"

It isn't for us to 'back' a potential owner, but we are there to hopefully get answers about any potential owners intentions and so on.

Offline Joxer

• Anny Roader
  • Rafas Redmen, We ride at dawn
« Reply #328 on: August 4, 2010, 07:37:32 pm »
Where are SOS on this issue.
As a member I feel that there should be some sort of statement from the Union, if for nothing else , to say "We are watching"??

Im a little disappointed to be honest, it's like the time we need the union to be strongest/have a voice, we are nowhere to be heard.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: August 4, 2010, 07:44:59 pm »
As a member I feel that there should be some sort of statement from the Union, if for nothing else , to say "We are watching"??

Im a little disappointed to be honest, it's like the time we need the union to be strongest/have a voice, we are nowhere to be heard.

I'd be very surprised if work isn't going on behind the scenes

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 4, 2010, 08:13:09 pm »

if there nothing to say yet then there no point saying anything at all, Sos will obviously be doing there best to get in contact with the people they need to but remember these are volenteers and do have families, i am pretty sure they we release an announcement soon

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: August 5, 2010, 12:02:47 am »
I so wish i could post in here and bug SOS about normal things like ticket price raise and no general sale. But we've got bigger things going on. :(
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: August 5, 2010, 08:28:30 am »
I so wish i could post in here and bug SOS about normal things like ticket price raise and no general sale. But we've got bigger things going on. :(
mate the takeover is a big issue but the ticket prices things is also a massive issua it priced so many people out of the match this year!

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #333 on: August 6, 2010, 01:37:09 am »
is there a link between kenny huang and gillet?....
according to wiki pedia,he has a partner in a company called 'ASPEN INFRASTRUCTURE investment corporation.(aspen is in colorado...although the busines is based in new york)
Gillet owned ski resorts one of which is Vail colorado.
putting two and two together here,and probably coming up with something other than four,but do you reckon our kenny has met gilett in the not so distant past.?
Jack...youve got 'me' paranoid here..lol

success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #334 on: August 6, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »
is there a link between kenny huang and gillet?....
according to wiki pedia,he has a partner in a company called 'ASPEN INFRASTRUCTURE investment corporation.(aspen is in colorado...although the busines is based in new york)
Gillet owned ski resorts one of which is Vail colorado.
putting two and two together here,and probably coming up with something other than four,but do you reckon our kenny has met gilett in the not so distant past.?
Jack...youve got 'me' paranoid here..lol

No idea. That would be one for the takeover threads.

And to the comments above a statement has been released now.

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #335 on: August 9, 2010, 04:39:13 pm »
Paul/Graham - a quick question for you:

Some NY/US folks will hopefully be joining within the next week or so as we're trying to get the new branch off the ground (an email to that end went out this morning).

My question is are membership numbers assigned immediately upon confirmation of payment/registration?   

As I will be collecting names and membership #s of those interested in the new branch, I'm just wondering how much lag time there might be.    Thanks v much in advance.

-Connie

Offline Caspus

• Main Stander
« Reply #336 on: August 12, 2010, 08:57:56 pm »
Just discovered it's possible to join SOS by sending cash (since I live outside the UK and do not possess a credit card, this would be my only option). However the website does "not recommend you to do so", something I perceive as a warning of a significant possibility that my cash could get lost on its way to SOS. Could someone please elaborate?

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #337 on: August 12, 2010, 09:13:11 pm »
Just discovered it's possible to join SOS by sending cash (since I live outside the UK and do not possess a credit card, this would be my only option). However the website does "not recommend you to do so", something I perceive as a warning of a significant possibility that my cash could get lost on its way to SOS. Could someone please elaborate?

Basically that. If the money gets lost in the post then there is no way of getting it back or knowing where it went missing. If you send a cheque or postal order and it goes missing somewhere then you cancel it. Just a matter of safety really.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: August 21, 2010, 09:49:16 am »
Is the credit union still going ahead? Just asking because it's nearly the end of August now... understand you had a lot to do with the takeover and everything, but can we expect an email with details of how to open accounts and so on soon?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: August 21, 2010, 02:16:12 pm »
Is the credit union still going ahead? Just asking because it's nearly the end of August now... understand you had a lot to do with the takeover and everything, but can we expect an email with details of how to open accounts and so on soon?

The partnership with the Credit Union has been agreed, we have trainingsessions organised so we are all briefed to attend and then it will launch.

We're having to move at the pace of the credit union we have paired up with.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: August 21, 2010, 07:15:56 pm »
The partnership with the Credit Union has been agreed, we have trainingsessions organised so we are all briefed to attend and then it will launch.

Thanks Graham. :)
Will be waiting a bit longer then.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2010, 04:56:53 pm »

Hi Graham, did you find out if I can open a credit union account for my seven year old? Any ideas when it will be available to us oots?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2010, 05:58:22 pm »
Hi Graham, did you find out if I can open a credit union account for my seven year old? Any ideas when it will be available to us oots?

We're waiting for the training days - which should be soon. Then we'll know all the ins and outs.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2010, 12:15:28 am »
Hello Graham how you been since the last time we met at the meeting in London. ?

Just a quick question, if fans start buying shares in the club and reach our first goal the 10% so fans are represented at board level. Who would be the person to represent the fans on the board I would want for the SOS Union to be the ones representing me on the board.

I dont know about everyone else but i have a great deal of respect for SOS and i honestly believe that they represent the best interest of the club at heart. The criticism some people give them is beyond a joke.

Graham and the SOS team i hope that you can move past the fans who pick fights with SOS just because they don't want to join to make SOS look like the ones who are violent, etc. I hope more people are joining and hope to hear more news coming out about the credit union so we can achieve greatness and get our club back.
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2010, 08:31:51 am »
Hello Graham how you been since the last time we met at the meeting in London. ?

Just a quick question, if fans start buying shares in the club and reach our first goal the 10% so fans are represented at board level. Who would be the person to represent the fans on the board I would want for the SOS Union to be the ones representing me on the board.

I dont know about everyone else but i have a great deal of respect for SOS and i honestly believe that they represent the best interest of the club at heart. The criticism some people give them is beyond a joke.

Graham and the SOS team i hope that you can move past the fans who pick fights with SOS just because they don't want to join to make SOS look like the ones who are violent, etc. I hope more people are joining and hope to hear more news coming out about the credit union so we can achieve greatness and get our club back.

Cheers for that.

Any representative would be elected by those that decided to invest. I doubt any SOS person would put themselves forward as the Union would not be making the investment and long term wishes to remain a "critical friend" of the Club, outside looking in.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2010, 04:54:25 pm »
Graham

What has been the outcome with the meeting with kenny huang? Has it taken place or the fact he has pulled the plug meant the interview will never happen?
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2010, 05:14:37 pm »
Graham

What has been the outcome with the meeting with kenny huang? Has it taken place or the fact he has pulled the plug meant the interview will never happen?

It hasn't happened and presumably if he's not coming back there'll be no future meeting.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2010, 05:23:26 pm »
It hasn't happened and presumably if he's not coming back there'll be no future meeting.

Cheers for the update
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2010, 07:12:35 pm »
Hicks and Gillett have turned us into a fucking Leeds. It looks like every single player is for sale and can see Gerrard and Torres fucking off soon as well. It's time to fight hard to get the lying c*nts out. What are SOS planning to do? IMO it's time to do something radical. I know SOS is against militant action but surely we've seen that sending protest emails and signing petions isn't working.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:22:46 pm by Helsinki Red »

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2010, 11:02:56 pm »
Hicks and Gillett have turned us into a fucking Leeds. It looks like every single player is for sale and can see Gerrard and Torres fucking off soon as well. It's time to fight hard to get the lying c*nts out. What are SOS planning to do? IMO it's time to do something radical. I know SOS is against militant action but surely we've seen that sending protest emails and signing petions isn't working.

We're not against militant action, we are against militant action that is unlikely to advance our goals.

All I can say is that there is more work going on behind the scenes now than at any time in the last two years to further our goals.

Please keep patient, we're not losing any momentum (in fact we're trying to kick it on) and when there is news to share we will do so.

Keep the faith.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ferris05

• Hitler on a bus!
  • Kopite
  • A Waterloo-ite
« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2010, 01:20:47 am »
Dunno if this will have already been answered before or not, but I sent my application form with £10 cash to join Approx. 4/5 weeks ago from the Liverpool area, should I have recieved some notification back yet, as I have heard nothing. I'm not sure if that's normal and there's alot of applications, or not. Thanks in Advance.
WE ARE THE ROAD END, THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2010, 05:25:04 am »

Thank you for your reply Graham.

Btw, I joined SOS about two months ago but I'm yet to receive my membership card.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2010, 09:49:14 pm »
Packs are usually sent out by around 6 weeks after joining. You should start receiving e-mails before you get the pack as well. Much further delay then contact Sam at membership@spiritofshankly.com.

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2010, 11:00:28 pm »
I'm already a sos member just want to ask a few question to be honest.

Are SoS backing any boycotting of merchandise campaigns? (i know you are back the boycotting of the autosheme campaign)

If you arent. Why?

If you are; are you backing the 'Our Club,Our Shirt' campaign set up by jonny?

Again if you arent why aren't you?

Thanks

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28:29 pm »
After the latest debacle (transfer window and more profit made and money saved on wages - sending players on loan etc), are SOS planning on increasing the pressure up even more and consider the use of more militant action?

Also what is the present relationship between Purslow & SOS, will there be any more meetings with him or is Broughton the only person from the club you are likely to meet?

Thanks
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #355 on: August 31, 2010, 11:43:01 pm »
I'm already a sos member just want to ask a few question to be honest.

Are SoS backing any boycotting of merchandise campaigns? (i know you are back the boycotting of the autosheme campaign)

If you arent. Why?

If you are; are you backing the 'Our Club,Our Shirt' campaign set up by jonny?

Again if you arent why aren't you?

Thanks

From Minutes from last mass meeting in June on the issue:

"A merchandise boycott was also raised and Fran responded by saying that any boycott needed to be deliverable, successful and measurable. It was clear that boycotting the store at Anfield and Liverpool One was impractical as it had to be sustained and continuous to have impact – even then it would be difficult to judge how successful it had been.

However, what could be pushed was to ask people not to spend money and on what they save to lodge it with the Credit Union so they could establish a share in the Club going forward.

It was said that it was important to pick the boycotts carefully and to make certain that any boycott idea could be indentified as being successful as without this it would impact and damage the Union."

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #356 on: August 31, 2010, 11:51:25 pm »
After the latest debacle (transfer window and more profit made and money saved on wages - sending players on loan etc), are SOS planning on increasing the pressure up even more and consider the use of more militant action?

Also what is the present relationship between Purslow & SOS, will there be any more meetings with him or is Broughton the only person from the club you are likely to meet?

Thanks

We organise action according proportionate to what is needed and that will allow us to get closer to our objective. If you have any ideas or want to help out more then get in touch with Kyle at directaction@spiritofshankly.com.

We are still waiting for Purslow to appear on LFCTV to answer the questions the Union and other fans have put to him. This came after wanting to put questions to him at an event he was due to attend. The event was subsequently cancelled.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Questions-to-Christian-Purslow.html
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/London-Carriage-Works-Event.html
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Questions-for-Christian-Purslow.html

On Broughton, we requested to meet, he declined, but then subsequently answered our questions in a LFCTV interview.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Martin,-You-Can-Do-The-Minutes.html
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Martin-Broughton-_-Request-to-Meet.html

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: September 1, 2010, 09:01:19 am »
From Minutes from last mass meeting in June on the issue:

"A merchandise boycott was also raised and Fran responded by saying that any boycott needed to be deliverable, successful and measurable. It was clear that boycotting the store at Anfield and Liverpool One was impractical as it had to be sustained and continuous to have impact – even then it would be difficult to judge how successful it had been.

However, what could be pushed was to ask people not to spend money and on what they save to lodge it with the Credit Union so they could establish a share in the Club going forward.

It was said that it was important to pick the boycotts carefully and to make certain that any boycott idea could be indentified as being successful as without this it would impact and damage the Union."

Cheers Paul, wouldn't it help though if SOS helped advertise the 'our club, our shirt'?

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #358 on: September 1, 2010, 09:22:25 am »

Thanks

Steau at home is ideal.
Over priced tickets, loads not in the cup scheme,and on the back of Torres'
interview with a spanish paper, a boycott is perfect for this.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: September 1, 2010, 11:54:07 am »
Cheers Paul, wouldn't it help though if SOS helped advertise the 'our club, our shirt'?

The membership currently have given no indication that we should be targetting the sponsors of the Club who in contrast to the owners are introducing funds to the Club not bleeding them out.

Also there are potential legal difficulties with the shirt, that happily don't look like they are arising, as I have assisted a number of people on this site over the years with attacks from lawyers on behalf of sponsors, Clubs and manufacturers over the breach of intellectual property rights for stuff like this.

If the Union got behind this campaign it could be seen as sponsoring it and be open to an unarguable legal challenge, giving those that would like us silenced a great opportunity to have a go at us.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892