Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1015446 times)

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9560 on: December 14, 2013, 09:23:19 am »
Not yet, not looking great, rang around YMCA's, charities, salvation army and organisations of similar ilk, i don't fall very comfortably into their requirements (single bloke 29) - went to the council, *might* have something more permanent from Monday onwards, me mates that are close ones aren't in a position to help (spare rooms / living with parents because of relationships breaking up etc) i'm sat here feeling particularly uncomfortable because i know me uncle wants me out, i'm waiting on my folks calling me back to see what happens next.

They don't want me on the street, but they're over in Portugal so its not like i can just go and hang out there for a couple days. I cancelled (daftly) my job seekers when i went on a warehouse induction (zero hours) and no work came of it, so i'm broke too - or i'd have just paid up a night in a hotel.

So, could still end up in a doorway tonight - although i got too much stuff to go far (suitcase, rucksack, my suit holder thingy and laptop bag)

Life's shite sometimes, just when i was moving on (no drink - job interviews) i get kicked on my arse again. Tired of this now.

Not sure if this will help but it's something I often do when I'm skint.

Go to the freebies section on gumtree and see what's going. Quite often there is something decent that you can sell for £10-£50, I've done it quite a lot.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #9561 on: December 14, 2013, 09:31:22 am »

When is she due to be checked over?
Lots of causes of that, so hopefully niothing serious.

(Actually, thinking about it, must mean you are just being far too fucking rough with that monster you got down below)

Within 3 days mate. Its just the waiting and all that.

Alex , if i had some money mate id gladly give you some mate but im skint. And jobless :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9562 on: December 14, 2013, 09:41:29 am »
Good luck to your missus Carl. And to you to RWM, hope something sorts itself out for you.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9563 on: December 14, 2013, 03:32:00 pm »
Within 3 days mate. Its just the waiting and all that.

Alex , if i had some money mate id gladly give you some mate but im skint. And jobless :)

I know you would Carl mate! I managed to get a sofa last night with a lad i used to work with, when he lost his job last year i helped him out so he's doing what he can and he's managed to convince his house mates one more night (tonight) So i've a roof at least for 24 hours, after that some other things have presented themselves so with a little help it looks like i'll be able to see it through until Monday now, which is a massive weight off my mind.

Can't come quick enough, because i'm broke i've not been able to get any food in, so i'm sat watching "soccer saturday" with me mate ploughing through a box of cheerio's he kindly donated!

Not quite a full english, but it'll do the job.

Still no alcohol! - my mate had a few bevvies last night and i kept on me pints of water, only been 10 days and i already feel so much better for it, be the first sober Christmas for going on 14 years! Might not need the photo's to remember this one.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9564 on: December 19, 2013, 06:02:06 pm »
Debs is in tomorrow to see a consultant. She has refused to tell her son and mum but she has agreed to tell her sister whats going on. Hence why im typing this. They are in the front room talking and its not sounding good. She needed someone to tell and i think she will benefit. I dont know why im worrying so much, im not the one on the end of all this. Im sure all will be fine though :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9565 on: December 19, 2013, 06:30:56 pm »
Look mate, whatever it is, knowing what it is will make it easier to cope.

Even if treatment is needed, you are better of knowing than just worrying.

Hope it's nothing, but if not she will need your support!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9566 on: December 19, 2013, 06:34:24 pm »
She will get everything ive got.  That much i guarantee.

Bloody hell, a right stress head thread im turning this into lol.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9567 on: December 19, 2013, 06:40:40 pm »

Fucking hell!  As little as that?  ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9568 on: December 19, 2013, 06:49:20 pm »
OI, ive been told 2" is a lot. I live in Norfolk, my sister said thats massive :(

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #9569 on: December 19, 2013, 07:10:14 pm »
I dont know why im worrying so much, im not the one on the end of all this.
Simple, mate. You care for her, I'd even go as far as to say you love her, so it's not very strange I think.

Fingers crossed for her (and you) tomorrow. Gizza shout as soon as you know the score, ok?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9570 on: December 19, 2013, 07:37:15 pm »

Bloody hell, a right stress head thread im turning this into lol.

Well lets hope she doesnt need an extra eye then eh  :-)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9571 on: December 19, 2013, 09:57:46 pm »
Can i just say, and i know he probably won't appreciate it, but Blert - *in Rodgers fashion* is a top top top top top guy.

When i'm back on my feet mate, i am going to get us a couple tickets, go sit in the kop and enjoy a few lemondades with you mate.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9572 on: December 20, 2013, 07:27:56 am »
Indeed he is, just goes to show that there are some good people left in this world.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9573 on: December 23, 2013, 11:25:31 am »
Just a quick update, preliminary tests have shown a large ovarian cyst. She is back in in 4 weeks. Im happier about that but she is obviously worried but, its christmas and im working on making her happy. If she is smiling, so am i.

On the thread title , its naturally a time of year associated with drinking ( in most cases ) so i hope you are all doing ok, if you have a drink just turn your phone off first and have a fucking brilliant time ;) I wish you all the very best in here and i look forward to a lack of replies in this thread in the next year.

Always here should anyone need me , now fuck off and eat, drink and be damned merry. Feliz Navidad you bad bunch of quilts ;)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9574 on: December 23, 2013, 02:50:23 pm »
I really want to go and get fucking leathered tomorrow

This is the 2nd Christmas in a row that I can't go home to see my family because my visa extension is pending

Then again, it wont change fuck all like, will it? I'll probably be twice as miserable on Christmas day if I'm hung over
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9575 on: December 23, 2013, 04:18:09 pm »
I really want to go and get fucking leathered tomorrow

This is the 2nd Christmas in a row that I can't go home to see my family because my visa extension is pending

Then again, it wont change fuck all like, will it? I'll probably be twice as miserable on Christmas day if I'm hung over
You've a lot to be proud of Billy.

Keep your chin up.  Can't you get a longer visa?
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9576 on: December 23, 2013, 07:21:26 pm »
I can understand that mate. All i can say is ill be hoping it works out to be good for you.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9577 on: December 25, 2013, 10:23:47 pm »
So, is anyone else misbehaving like I am?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9578 on: December 25, 2013, 10:29:09 pm »
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9579 on: December 25, 2013, 10:30:24 pm »
:-[
ach.  Billy knows it's because he's homesick.

Look after yourself billy.
W

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9580 on: December 25, 2013, 10:38:23 pm »
ach.  Billy knows it's because he's homesick.

Look after yourself billy.

Misbehave quite a lot lately.

I need to unload a story, but not tonight.............
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9581 on: December 25, 2013, 10:39:25 pm »
Misbehave quite a lot lately.

I need to unload a story, but not tonight.............

Tomorrow is a new day
W

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9582 on: December 25, 2013, 10:45:41 pm »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9583 on: December 25, 2013, 10:45:56 pm »
I'm doing alright.

I went for a walk earlier. I was bummed out over not being able to get home for Christmas so I figured I'd take a stroll

I was walking passed an Irish bar, it was open, so I said fuck it, I'll have a beer or 2, or 9.

I know I have I problem with this cunting stuff, but I'm not going to beat myself up over this slip up. I know why I did it

I'm actually in a good mood. I'm sipping a beer now listening to Led Zep, and my cousin is calling around later

I'll let myself off the hook for today. But no more excuses, its back on the wagon starting first thing tomorrow

Merry Christmas all

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9584 on: December 25, 2013, 10:47:43 pm »
I'm doing alright.

I went for a walk earlier. I was bummed out over not being able to get home for Christmas so I figured I'd take a stroll

I was walking passed an Irish bar, it was open, so I said fuck it, I'll have a beer or 2, or 9.

I know I have I problem with this cunting stuff, but I'm not going to beat myself up over this slip up. I know why I did it

I'm actually in a good mood. I'm sipping a beer now listening to Led Zep, and my cousin is calling around later

I'll let myself off the hook for today. But no more excuses, its back on the wagon starting first thing tomorrow

Merry Christmas all

Stay chilled fella.

;)

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9585 on: December 25, 2013, 11:20:21 pm »
Fuck it.

About 5 weeks ago I went on  bender.
Drunk 8 bottles of Desperado, and just under a bottle and  half of Vodka, in about 4 hours.
I was proper golloping it down.

Went to bed, fully clothed, Rachel took great offence to me getting in bed and asked me to sleep downstairs. I of course refused.
A great argument ensued, I proceded to beat fuck out of the bedroom with my fists.
The police were called, I was arrested and taken to the police station, and locked up for the night.
Both hands were swollen, and I know I broke at least one bone in each and, but I couldn't have casts because I wouldn't be able to work.

I had to ask the staff where I was I was that pissed.

I phoned Rachel, and she drove the 11 miles to collect me.

At no point was I 'a threat' to my wife, my kids, or the dogs. But I did quite a bit of damage to the bedroom walls.

Rachel was pretty cool about it all, but only because she's fucking ace.

I've no idea why I drank like I did, or what was the trigger.

I felt so fucking ashamed afterwards, my youngest son Sam still worries when I have a beer/vodka.

Not happened since, and I've had a few bad days at work, I never touch alcohol Sunday to Thursday, but Friday and Saturday are 'trigger' days.

Went on works outing last Saturday, only had about 7/8 pints and a few Jaeger shots but wanted to rip a guys head off that was taking the piss out of my son. Had the fucker up aganst a wall and was about to bite the c*nts face before I was dragged off.

Not sure if I need to lay off it completely, or seek anger management.

Me and my wife have had a few almost every night this last week, and I just get chilled.

Sorry for the great unburdening on christmas night fellas/gals, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Shane.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9586 on: December 25, 2013, 11:25:46 pm »
Better out than in Shane lad. You can share in here any time

Sounds to me like alcohol is a trigger for violent behavior in you

Do you notice yourself getting more irritable once you've had drink taken? 

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9587 on: December 25, 2013, 11:38:31 pm »
Better out than in Shane lad. You can share in here any time

Sounds to me like alcohol is a trigger for violent behavior in you

Do you notice yourself getting more irritable once you've had drink taken?

Not sure Billy.

I hate to see people being bullied, and if I hear/see anybody 'picking' on someone I react.
I was bullied at school something chronic, and at my leaving do I'd had a few beers and really went to town on the school bully, proper messed him up. Ever since then I've been like some sort of vigilante.  :-[
Alcohol exacerbates it definately.

If I don't/can't have a beer to chill out of a weekend I get irritable. Its' knowing when the line approaches.
Rachel can generally spot it, and reels me in accordingly.

I've never raised my hands to my family, but if someone crosses me, or my family I have no hesitation in using my fists. If alcohol is involved, my fuse is somewhat shorter.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:40:45 pm by L666BOPPINAROUNDTHEXMASTREE »

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9588 on: December 26, 2013, 08:17:39 am »
I understand what you are saying Shane, im quite the same. Its not that i get irrational after a beer, its just it blurs my cognitive thought process i guess. Twat the prick first, worry later. Normally if i was stone cold sober, and i mean proper sober, id always try and talk things through before resorting to violence. I cant blame booze for all my altercations as i can be a fucking tool when sober as well but it sure as hell dont help.

I dont think ive anger issues , im not sure you do either but there is a worrying line in your post mate....

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9589 on: December 26, 2013, 11:30:38 am »
Need to address the anger issues especially if you're getting the urge to take chunks out of people with your teeth. That's wounding with intent, fetch someone's ear or nose of and you're looking at roughly 4 years and upwards.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9590 on: December 26, 2013, 05:15:41 pm »
Or a 10 game ban minimum :-)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9591 on: December 28, 2013, 12:47:58 pm »
How goes it my good people?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9592 on: December 28, 2013, 03:41:44 pm »
Got taken for a festive pint and it was literally one pint on Xmas day by the guys in the house that had given me a sofa to crash on. It's a piss poor time of the year for trying to get yourself on a firm footing, i've gone from Crewe, Stafford, Stoke-on-trent all within this month just to keep a roof over my head, virtually impossible to land some work until the new year now.

Gotta be outta this place very soon as the landlord has figured out i been given a roof and is a whiny small minded prick. Can't sign on at the moment because i made the mistake of signing off on a zero hours contract that offered precisely zero bastard hours, so no income until they decide to let me back on that rollercoaster.

However the positives are this pisshead, well hasn't been because he can't afford to be and can't allow himself to be as i'm forever on the hop and need to try and keep myself one step ahead of the game. Is it so bastard hard to get 40 hours a week doing something that will allow me to get a room somewhere sorted.

Hope all the rest of you are well, roll on 2014 and roll on January when companies are back in and i can land me a buggering job and i can get settled, and finally claim not to be fucking 'homeless'

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9593 on: January 7, 2014, 07:09:53 am »
Life is good :)

Actually my Mum told me never to lie. Debs has a cyst on her ovaries and went for a ct scan yesterday, her Mum is ill and needs open heart surgery, my ' ex ' father in law ( i still think of him as a Dad as i dont have one ) is in a come and a mate topped himself this week. Thing is, ive gone the other way, whereas before i would have looked to ' other ' options all i can think is ' fuck you life, is this all you have. Better luck next time ya wimp '

Just needed to get that off my chest , its hard to smile when all i want to do is cry but sometimes Mum, you gotta lie for the greater good.

Apart from that its all good.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9594 on: January 9, 2014, 09:20:26 pm »
Life is good :)

Actually my Mum told me never to lie. Debs has a cyst on her ovaries and went for a ct scan yesterday, her Mum is ill and needs open heart surgery, my ' ex ' father in law ( i still think of him as a Dad as i dont have one ) is in a come and a mate topped himself this week. Thing is, ive gone the other way, whereas before i would have looked to ' other ' options all i can think is ' fuck you life, is this all you have. Better luck next time ya wimp '

Just needed to get that off my chest , its hard to smile when all i want to do is cry but sometimes Mum, you gotta lie for the greater good.

Apart from that its all good.

Blimey Carl, life is doing it's best to dislodge you mate  :)
Looks like you gave it the bums rush, well in mate.
 :)

On a personal note, had a few, and I mean only a few, Vodkas on NYE, sat on a beach in Scotland, and I've heard it's the law anyway. :D

Not had a drop since.

Strange thing is, sat on the beach, watching the sunset was a feeling of contentment. I felt so peaceful, I wanted to cry  :-[

Keep smiling fella.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9595 on: January 9, 2014, 10:08:58 pm »

On a personal note, had a few, and I mean only a few, Vodkas on NYE, sat on a beach in Scotland, and I've heard it's the law anyway. :D

Not had a drop since.

Strange thing is, sat on the beach, watching the sunset was a feeling of contentment. I felt so peaceful, I wanted to cry  :-[

Keep smiling fella.

Bit of a pisser myself, so i know what the signs lad, been on it tonight havent you mate?

It's ok, i'm on a bottle myself dude.

Where abouts in Scotland lad? Beautiful country that mate.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9596 on: January 9, 2014, 10:16:48 pm »
Bit of a pisser myself, so i know what the signs lad, been on it tonight havent you mate?

It's ok, i'm on a bottle myself dude.

Where abouts in Scotland lad? Beautiful country that mate.

Had none since NYE mate.

Strongest thing since has been cough syrup.
 :D

Stayed away from the thread for a while, bit embarrassed after my admission last time round, trying to come to terms with it all.

We stay in a Bungalow about 6 miles from Stranraer, near Dally bay.
Been there 3 times in last 8 months, going away again in April, but going to get further up the coast this time.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9597 on: January 9, 2014, 10:20:12 pm »
Wow! otherside of the country i'm familiar with...

I'm all burnt island lol...

Great to hear you're doing well mate! You up there with the missus?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9598 on: January 9, 2014, 10:27:20 pm »
Wow! otherside of the country i'm familiar with...

I'm all burnt island lol...

Great to hear you're doing well mate! You up there with the missus?

Yeah mate, wife, two kids, two dogs, proper Pikey week  :D

April it's just me and the missus, and probably the dogs.

She's doing a degree, and she finishes in September, she's applied to do another one straight after, when she's finished we are moving up there, we're just doing a road trip every couple of months to see where we want to end up. Our kids are 13, and 15, and as you can imagine they think it's great that we drag them to the land of no wifi/3g/tv reception every couple of months.  ;D

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9599 on: January 11, 2014, 09:40:15 am »

Not had a drop since.

Keep smiling fella.

Life is working very hard mate, but ive learnt a lot in the past few years. If i cant kill me im fucked if ill let life do it ;)

Good to see you all doing better and congrats to Alex on his new job. Onwards and upwards my good people :)