Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 331773 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: Rhian Brewster - on loan at Swansea
« Reply #1240 on: July 5, 2020, 03:42:29 pm »
I think if Brewster has a good preseason he will remain at Liverpool. I have a feeling we aren't going to move for a forward this summer. Mainly because of the African Cup of Nations being pushed back.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: July 5, 2020, 04:45:53 pm »
I think if Brewster has a good preseason he will remain at Liverpool. I have a feeling we aren't going to move for a forward this summer. Mainly because of the African Cup of Nations being pushed back.

He needs to play games and if Origi stays then he will need to go back out on loan..Sure Stevie will be interested

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: July 5, 2020, 05:00:37 pm »
Barring the experience of a few European games, there'd be no benefit to Brewster playing in Scotland.

If he does go out on loan again next season and there isn't an option in the Premier League, he shouldn't be short of interest from the bigger Championship clubs that will be expecting to challenge for promotion. If there was interest from elsewhere in Europe, a loan to the Bundesliga might be a good option as well.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1243 on: July 5, 2020, 05:03:24 pm »
He needs to play games and if Origi stays then he will need to go back out on loan..Sure Stevie will be interested
Why would we loan him to a Scottish team, regardless of who’s managing them? If we don’t keep him around as a backup we’ll surely try to get him a loan to a PL side.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: July 5, 2020, 05:08:17 pm »
Why would we loan him to a Scottish team, regardless of who’s managing them? If we don’t keep him around as a backup we’ll surely try to get him a loan to a PL side.

A Premier League side would be great.. But Scotland was great for VVD..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: July 5, 2020, 06:24:47 pm »
A Premier League side would be great.. But Scotland was great for VVD..

I think Scotland is more Harry Wilson's level than Rhian but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't takers for Wilson in Scotland and plenty of interest in Brewster.

Quite happy we've got a potential gem on our hands here. Klopp's the right man to nurture his talent.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: July 5, 2020, 06:28:43 pm »
I think it would be a big mistake to loan him out again,there's a place on the bench for him to come on and take advantage of tired sides.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1247 on: July 5, 2020, 06:31:02 pm »
I think it would be a big mistake to loan him out again,there's a place on the bench for him to come on and take advantage of tired sides.
I think a year of football suits him well.

His move to Swansea was the start of his career as a senior footballer.  He’s stepped up well.  Just needs to play for a bit I reckon.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1248 on: July 5, 2020, 06:33:10 pm »

I think he takes Origi's spot next season

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: July 5, 2020, 06:37:24 pm »
I think he takes Origi's spot next season

It's becoming difficult to make an argument for that not to happen.

I think Brewster would make more of the kinds of opportunities that Origi wasted today.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2020, 06:41:05 pm by Oskar »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1250 on: July 5, 2020, 06:50:59 pm »
Rhian needs to develop. I'd rather we struggle another season without a good sub striker than bring him in. We would fail him otherwise; I'd rather he reaches a good potential elsewhere to have a breakthrough season with us.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1251 on: July 5, 2020, 07:43:14 pm »
It's a difficult one. If he could have a full season at a Premier League side (or stay at Swansea) and play regularly it'd develop him a lot, but he could have a loan with a Prem team and not really get the opportunities.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1252 on: July 5, 2020, 08:55:05 pm »
Aside from a history of Origi scoring important goals for us there's very little reason for him to be taking Brewster's minutes at this point.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1253 on: July 5, 2020, 09:12:59 pm »
Aside from a history of Origi scoring important goals for us there's very little reason for him to be taking Brewster's minutes at this point.

And what a history last season but Origi hasn't scored since December and his last league goal before that was the 4th goal against Norwich on the opening day. If he was still a goal threat it'd be different, but I can't remember the last time he vaguely looked like scoring. Brewster is a natural goalscorer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: July 5, 2020, 09:25:34 pm »
And what a history last season but Origi hasn't scored since December and his last league goal before that was the 4th goal against Norwich on the opening day. If he was still a goal threat it'd be different, but I can't remember the last time he vaguely looked like scoring. Brewster is a natural goalscorer.

Drew a penalty in the 2-0 win at West Ham in January, it was pretty much foul him or he scores. But yeah, pretty much didn't get into a chance the last few games he played.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: July 5, 2020, 09:30:22 pm »
Liked the freekick goal. Hope he keeps scoring goals. Would like to see him get a chance next season and if he keeps doing well I think it might happen.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1256 on: July 5, 2020, 09:48:34 pm »
Think he could really thrive with his intelligent runs in behind the defence for us, with the quality we have. It’s amazing that he’s been able to score 7-8 goals for Swansea feeding on absolute scraps

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: July 6, 2020, 09:17:37 am »
The manager (Swansea) has said his shoulder is not dislocated and he should be fine :)

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: July 6, 2020, 10:00:49 am »
Another season on loan at a team at the top of the Championship, and he should be ready to come back and fight for a starting place if he can keep up this form.

Another season at a top Championship club and him playing then we could easily expect 15-20+ goals from him. He knows how to score goals that's for sure.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: July 6, 2020, 10:52:50 am »
Another season at a top Championship club and him playing then we could easily expect 15-20+ goals from him. He knows how to score goals that's for sure.

15-20 goals in the championship next year or 15-20 goals playing for us in the PL the year after?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: July 6, 2020, 10:56:02 am »
Let's not get too excited. Origi's scored at the business end of the Champions League, Brewster is scoring tap-ins against Championship defences. Let him have a few months on loan in this division so we can really see what he can do.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: July 6, 2020, 11:02:48 am »
If we send him on loan again.
Dont send him to Swansea. They create so little & are a poor side.

The fact he has done so well in a poor side bodes well.

Maybe a loan to Leeds if they go up as expected.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: July 6, 2020, 11:05:17 am »
If we send him on loan again.
Dont send him to Swansea. They create so little & are a poor side.

The fact he has done so well in a poor side bodes well.

Maybe a loan to Leeds if they go up as expected.

The issue is that the more creative sides have forwards who score more goals and will be less likely to look for a striker on loan, they have bigger needs elsewhere. The reason Swansea needed Brewster was because all their forwards were poor, which is easy to understand given how little they created for him in the few matches I've watched.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: July 6, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »
15-20 goals in the championship next year or 15-20 goals playing for us in the PL the year after?

I'm sorry, but are those two mutually exclusive? I am thinking like you said yourself, 15-20 goals next season for him in the Championship. And then the following season 10-15 goals for us when rotating with the rest. That would be amazing.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: July 6, 2020, 12:41:36 pm »
Let's not get too excited. Origi's scored at the business end of the Champions League, Brewster is scoring tap-ins against Championship defences. Let him have a few months on loan in this division so we can really see what he can do.

Really ????  He is also their highest scorer.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1265 on: July 6, 2020, 12:44:54 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: July 6, 2020, 12:46:30 pm »
Really ????  He is also their highest scorer.

I'd be happy if he scored tap-ins for us on a regular basis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: July 6, 2020, 12:53:51 pm »

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: July 6, 2020, 01:01:57 pm »
I hope people realise that for scoring tap-ins, a player needs to make a run and be in the right place at the right time. It's not just standing on the goal-line like Sunday league with no offside and scoring goals, although Pipi Inzaghi made a career out of that. :D

Love Rhian's knee-slides!
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: July 6, 2020, 01:30:55 pm »
I think a lot will depend on whether we get a good offer for Origi and who makes an offer to loan Brewster. I guess Brewster will have some good loan offers based on his performances this season but whether or not we can shift Origi for a decent price is another matter.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1270 on: July 6, 2020, 01:32:38 pm »
I think a lot will depend on whether we get a good offer for Origi and who makes an offer to loan Brewster. I guess Brewster will have some good loan offers based on his performances this season but whether or not we can shift Origi for a decent price is another matter.
Everton will blow their budget trying to buy him, to stop him scoring against them
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: July 6, 2020, 01:34:01 pm »

And hasn't looked like kicking on from that.

At this point, I think we'd have seen far more from Brewster playing for us yesterday than we did from Origi, who just seems comfortable enough as an impact player that he can let starting opportunities pass him by.

It does Brewster a disservice to say he's just scoring tap-ins in the Championship; it's not true for a start and he's shown there's a lot more to his game than that. His work rate, movement and intelligence on and off the ball are pretty much keeping alive any hopes that Swansea have of the play-offs.

I'd take a talented young goal scorer who plays like he has a point to prove in every game over a more experienced player who now looks a bit too happy and content to always be on the periphery.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: July 6, 2020, 01:43:29 pm »
I think Scotland is more Harry Wilson's level than Rhian but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't takers for Wilson in Scotland and plenty of interest in Brewster.

Quite happy we've got a potential gem on our hands here. Klopp's the right man to nurture his talent.

Wilson is one of Bournemouth's best players. Do you really think Scotland is his level?

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: July 6, 2020, 01:49:34 pm »
Wilson is one of Bournemouth's best players. Do you really think Scotland is his level?

No, but Wilson is an easy bait for a lot of posters. ;D

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: July 6, 2020, 02:13:50 pm »
Tap-ins are a skill. You have to naturally anticipate where the ball is going to drop an be on hand to capitalize. Tap-ins, like penalties, is an underrated skill.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: July 6, 2020, 02:15:33 pm »
Tap-ins are a skill. You have to naturally anticipate where the ball is going to drop an be on hand to capitalize. Tap-ins, like penalties, is an underrated skill.

He's just a glorified school WC knock out goal hanger.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: July 6, 2020, 02:43:39 pm »

He's just a glorified school WC knock out goal hanger.

sounds like a glorified goal-scorer to me. Get rid.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: July 6, 2020, 03:07:04 pm »
Cristiano Ronaldo has been doing that his whole career scoring tap ins and penalities and he hasn't done that badly for himself has he  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1278 on: July 6, 2020, 03:43:54 pm »
Cristiano Ronaldo has been doing that his whole career scoring tap ins and penalities and he hasn't done that badly for himself has he  ;D

Ronaldo was originally a tricky, speedy winger who adapted his game as he got older.  I think Brewster is more like Aguero, neither of them are lightning quick, but both make really smart, well-timed runs and are great finishers.  If Brewster can develop the strength Aguero has on the ball, he'd go up a level.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: July 6, 2020, 03:51:40 pm »
The manager (Swansea) has said his shoulder is not dislocated and he should be fine :)

great news. still hope he is fully rested for the next game. better to recover fully rather than suffer niggling effects til end of the season.