Author Topic: Liverpool vs Manchester United, 17 January 2021, 4:30 PM  (Read 55243 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester United, 17 January 2020, 4:30 PM
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2021, 08:01:12 pm »
We will be open as it is to their counters. If Shaqiri plays without Matip, we'll be sliced open and then you'll be blaming Williams/Phillips for a blunder in the setup. Klopp will never do this anyway.

Not if Trent stays back and covers, which he was doing when we played Southampton and was deeper than his usual position.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2021, 08:05:48 pm »
I feel like this will be a 0-0, in which I have my heart in my mouth about 8 times.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Kloppite

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2021, 08:23:36 pm »
4-0 the mighty reds  :champ :champ

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2021, 08:24:22 pm »
Really hoping Joel will be fit for this. But he really needs to start taking part in training sessions to be in with a chance.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2021, 08:26:10 pm »
The fact is, this is a must win for us. We've messed up against lower teams that we should have beat and that now means that against our rivals, we have to get 3 points, especially at home.

Time for mistakes is over. It's time to put a run together and put this lot back in their place!

Hopefully we'll see a midfield of Gini, Hendo & Thiago. If we do, I think we'll win convincingly. 
It's a definite don't lose. They don't deserve to be the ones to ruin our home record and we'll never hear the last of it.

Fuckers...  :(

Dreaming of us giving them an absolutely brutal Palace-esque battering, but three points however it comes will do thanks...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2021, 08:30:30 pm »
The fact is, this is a must win for us.

More of a fact is it’s not a must win game for us.

As a maximum we’d be 6 points behind with 20 games remaining if we lose. We don’t want that to happen but we could still claw the points back if worse came to the worse.

We play to our ability then we’ll stand a good chance of winning. Hopefully Matip is fit. If not, then it needs to be Henderson at centre back. Williams at a push. Defo not Phillips. Keep him for Burnley next Thursday
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2021, 08:46:00 pm »
Its hardly a must win at this stage of the season as we barely reached the back stretch so while I would love to win and put things right with our form recently there is a long way to go. Its great to see Utd back challenging for a Top 4 spot as that is all they want, Ole knows that is enough to keep his job and when push comes to shove he knows his side are over performing right now. A few weeks ago he was hanging on, next he had turned the corner and before you know it he was out of the CL. Then Utd scrambled a few wins and they were thinking about winning a League Cup and yet again they fell short. They are puttering along and only down to us and City pissing around in 3rd gear have they looked like possible contenders. Ole, the players and their fans know they are not good enough to win a title, they need 3 or 4 world class players to do so. I dont see the luck they have been riding on carrying on for much longer as we will soon see their frailties as when you reach for 4th spot you cannot stumble to the top surely.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2021, 08:54:22 pm »
More of a fact is it’s not a must win game for us.

As a maximum we’d be 6 points behind with 20 games remaining if we lose. We don’t want that to happen but we could still claw the points back if worse came to the worse.

We play to our ability then we’ll stand a good chance of winning. Hopefully Matip is fit. If not, then it needs to be Henderson at centre back. Williams at a push. Defo not Phillips. Keep him for Burnley next Thursday

Not sure whether we class this as a must win or a must not lose. Whilst a draw is not the worst result in the world, it still leaves us having gone four games without a win, which isn’t great.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2021, 08:55:40 pm »
Its hardly a must win at this stage of the season as we barely reached the back stretch so while I would love to win and put things right with our form recently there is a long way to go. Its great to see Utd back challenging for a Top 4 spot as that is all they want, Ole knows that is enough to keep his job and when push comes to shove he knows his side are over performing right now. A few weeks ago he was hanging on, next he had turned the corner and before you know it he was out of the CL. Then Utd scrambled a few wins and they were thinking about winning a League Cup and yet again they fell short. They are puttering along and only down to us and City pissing around in 3rd gear have they looked like possible contenders. Ole, the players and their fans know they are not good enough to win a title, they need 3 or 4 world class players to do so. I dont see the luck they have been riding on carrying on for much longer as we will soon see their frailties as when you reach for 4th spot you cannot stumble to the top surely.

Is this a "keeps him in a job" post in disguise?

They need to start losing and soon.

Re needing 3 or 4 world class players..

everyone seems to have forgotten Leicester.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2021, 08:56:09 pm »
Not sure whether we class this as a must win or a must not lose. Whilst a draw is not the worst result in the world, it still leaves us having gone four games without a win, which isn’t great.

It's a must win.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2021, 09:09:54 pm »
I think Klopp will trust Williams over Phillips if one of them needs to play

Can’t see either of them playing. Utd will sit deep and look to counter. Williams or Phillips up against their speed will be a recipe for disaster

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2021, 09:12:37 pm »
Can’t see either of them playing. Utd will sit deep and look to counter. Williams or Phillips up against their speed will be a recipe for disaster

It will also kill our attack. Henderson will step back to take the ball off Williams and Trent will be worried and probably stay deep to cover that channel. That’s two players that we may nullify.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2021, 09:13:24 pm »
Anyone saying it's not a must win doesn't understand how titles are won/lost.

We've dropped more points at this point in the season than we did in the whole of last season. We're averaging 1.9 pts per game which would give us c.72 pts if that trend continued until the end of the season. It's not enough.

A draw for them is a good result, for us it's 2 points dropped.

You have to win your home games, but when you draw against the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, Brighton & WBA, it makes it essential you win.

Even at this point in the season this game is massive. Lose it & city win their games in hand, we are 5 points behind them & in our form & CB problem, we'd find it very difficult to claw that back.

Massive, massive game!

But I think we'll twat them, so we're all good!  :scarf
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2021, 09:14:09 pm »
No Matip worries me.  Please win. 

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2021, 09:15:27 pm »
Is this a "keeps him in a job" post in disguise?

They need to start losing and soon.

Re needing 3 or 4 world class players..

everyone seems to have forgotten Leicester.

Leicester was a team, had a spine and did not have a few individuals who have agents whispering in their ear about Real, PSG etc. The last thing we want is Utd in midtable as that would mean a new manager eventually which is one step closer to perhaps getting their groove on again. Ole talks about playing the Utd way but then you see them on the park against the best teams and they cant string a few passes together. I want them challenging for the Top 4 and thats it. Ole will never mention winning a title in 5 years as unlike Klopp he knows that is beyond him. He wakes up every day and drives to Old Trafford as the boss. Somehow someway this lad who managed average clubs to shyte performances has landed on his feet but he knows, his experienced players know his management  skills are as deep as the kids wading pool. Maybe his luck will continue who knows as destiny can be a bitch as we found out many a time for 30 years but after knocking them off their perch I cannot believe life will allow them to return to the top the year after we win the title. I can see us or City stuffing them when we get our chance.   
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2021, 09:20:39 pm »
No Matip worries me.  Please win.

Is he definitely out?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2021, 09:26:05 pm »
We will twat these bastards on Sunday, and finish their season a week later.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2021, 09:29:25 pm »
Is he definitely out?

No idea but he won't be 100% fit either way.  Don't mind me i'm going to be moping around all week until the game. 

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2021, 09:33:45 pm »
Should be like cricket, where you can bring a runner on.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2021, 09:54:56 pm »
Stomach churning already, biggest game in any season but even bigger now.  Must win game, probably; must not lose game, definitely.  Time to step up and put this lot in their place.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2021, 10:00:40 pm »
Klopp said something the other day that really got me looking forward to this. About having time now to do some 11 v 11 work in training. Have a feeling our lads will be razor sharp. Bloody hope so

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2021, 10:02:16 pm »
The game will NOT be on in our house.

You will have to follow us in the match commentary thread rob.  ;)

Great opening post.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2021, 10:05:51 pm »
Im not one for predictions as I hate to tempt fate. We really need to put these scumbuckets back in their place. We need to see Trent show his pre-injury form. Please please Matip be fit. Dont wanna see Hendo anywhere but midfield and dont want Nat Philips anywhere near this starting 11. Tiago has to start too. Just do 'em Liverpool. Show them who's boss

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2021, 10:09:17 pm »
My 1000th post, I'll use it wisely...

LETS TWAT THESE TWATS  :wave

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2021, 10:15:30 pm »
Think we win this one.  There will be a few hairy moments but we win by the odd goal.
We need to be careful of the ball over the top for rashford

Think we have Spurs away shortly aswell
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 10:24:56 pm by CS111 »

Offline drirfan

• Main Stander
  • From doubters to believers
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2021, 10:24:00 pm »
Should be like cricket, where you can bring a runner on.

Keep up, the ICC banned runners years ago!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2021, 10:27:21 pm »
I can't be the only one looking forward to the game and us smashing them right??

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2021, 10:33:54 pm »
I can't be the only one looking forward to the game and us smashing them right??

I hope there are few more of us out there.  ;D  We have tended to do the business against the big teams so far, three points on Sunday and we can move forward.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2021, 10:35:32 pm »
Anyone saying it's not a must win doesn't understand how titles are won/lost.

We've dropped more points at this point in the season than we did in the whole of last season. We're averaging 1.9 pts per game which would give us c.72 pts if that trend continued until the end of the season. It's not enough.

A draw for them is a good result, for us it's 2 points dropped.

You have to win your home games, but when you draw against the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, Brighton & WBA, it makes it essential you win.

Even at this point in the season this game is massive. Lose it & city win their games in hand, we are 5 points behind them & in our form & CB problem, we'd find it very difficult to claw that back.

Massive, massive game!

But I think we'll twat them, so we're all good!  :scarf
It’s not a must win game until it means we mathematically can no longer win the league without winning it.

Is it massively significant, yes. Just because losing or drawing means we are reliant on other results doesn’t make it must win. That has never been the case, the only time it would be is if we were running out of games to make up those points, we’re not. There’s still half a season left, and no one can predict with any certainty what will happen.

Many titles including some we’ve won have been won from being further behind than 4 or 6 points at this stage. If there’s one thing this season has shown so far it’s that every team is capable of dropping points in games they shouldn’t.

So to state those saying it’s not must win don’t understand how titles are won is simply not true, and calling games at this stage must win is the kind of hyperbole we might expect from the media, who are expected to promote and hype things like that.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 10:37:13 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2021, 10:37:18 pm »

I’m looking forward to it. I think most are though?

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2021, 10:44:01 pm »
Big Big Game

with Matip 2-0

without Matip 2-2

either way klopp will have us fired up to fuck for this, our workrate will be off the scale

COYMR

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2021, 11:02:42 pm »
It’s not a must win game until it means we mathematically can no longer win the league without winning it.

Is it massively significant, yes. Just because losing or drawing means we are reliant on other results doesn’t make it must win. That has never been the case, the only time it would be is if we were running out of games to make up those points, we’re not. There’s still half a season left, and no one can predict with any certainty what will happen.

Many titles including some we’ve won have been won from being further behind than 4 or 6 points at this stage. If there’s one thing this season has shown so far it’s that every team is capable of dropping points in games they shouldn’t.

So to state those saying it’s not must win don’t understand how titles are won is simply not true, and calling games at this stage must win is the kind of hyperbole we might expect from the media, who are expected to promote and hype things like that.

Yeah, but Its still a must win ...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2021, 11:17:16 pm »
It's a must win.

It really isn't.

But we should be going all out to win.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2021, 11:31:02 pm »
If Matip can't play, it's furthermore a reason not to put Shaqiri in midfield.
We need to create & not rely solely on Thiago.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2021, 11:55:54 pm »

Being reliant on city dropping points and us going on a mega run is pretty naive. City have now won 4 in a row and have a very favourable run of games. UTD are unbeaten in 15 away games. We haven't won 4 in a row in the league since last Feb. The idea that we can just turn our form back on & win 10 in a row which is what it would likely take to overcome a 6 point deficit is ambitious at best. City wont drop as many points as they have in the first 17 games.

We cannot afford any more slip ups. Go and look at the APLT thread - we need to win our home games, particularly against our rivals.

As I've said - I actually think we'll up our game on Sunday and try to make a statement. It's time to try and put a run together and really attack this PL title. It's there for the taking for anyone who can find that extra gear or 2.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2021, 12:04:53 am »
Come out all guns blazing, press them into making mistakes and test De Gea early

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2021, 12:20:29 am »
A must win 6 pointer now. Beat them and they will be like Leicester last year. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2021, 12:24:23 am »
Being reliant on city dropping points and us going on a mega run is pretty naive. City have now won 4 in a row and have a very favourable run of games. UTD are unbeaten in 15 away games. We haven't won 4 in a row in the league since last Feb. The idea that we can just turn our form back on & win 10 in a row which is what it would likely take to overcome a 6 point deficit is ambitious at best. City wont drop as many points as they have in the first 17 games.

We cannot afford any more slip ups. Go and look at the APLT thread - we need to win our home games, particularly against our rivals.

As I've said - I actually think we'll up our game on Sunday and try to make a statement. It's time to try and put a run together and really attack this PL title. It's there for the taking for anyone who can find that extra gear or 2.
Like you I believe we’ll win on Sunday, but I won’t be giving up if we don’t and that has got nothing to do with naivety. It’s more about belief.

If we lose on Sunday can we still win the league. Yes. That doesn’t mean we will, but it’s still possible. Obviously with every dropped point it becomes more difficult but just as City and United have found some form and we have lost ours a bit, that could still change even without a win.

They may suffer from injuries that blight them as they have done us. No one knows so there’s nothing naïve about not giving up due to a six point gap with 20 games left.

It’s not a must win whatever way you look at it.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2021, 12:29:23 am »
Hate this game and hate playing these, nearly as much as the derby, but I'm not arsed abar anything other on Sunday - than not getting beat. I can take getting played off the park and spawning a draw, am not arsed, just don't get beat reds.

Hows that for shitting it!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family