Author Topic: England International Dominic Solanke  (Read 271694 times)

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dominic Solanke
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2017, 02:45:47 am »
Whatever happened to Yesil

Multiple knee reco's I think
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline eldagara

• Main Stander
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2017, 05:32:56 am »
As much as I might be viewed as a "beaut" or whatever the in-phrase is on rawk these days for not being terribly excited about this signing (should I have pissed my pants from excitement when we signed Pacheco? Or Samed Yesil?), I haven't criticized it OR said that we shouldn't have made it either. it will be some of the same super-fans on here who will be crying come January-February when the side is shattered as to why we didn't sign any quality back-up or replacements or players who could instantly come in and improve the side. Yeah, I know. It's only May 30th you say. But from what is being reported so far, all of our rivals are in for the same players that we want as well. Which means we don't stand a hope in hell of signing any one of our 1st choices should they want them.

City have just signed a world-class £43 million player. Supposedly we have the funds to be signing players of that price range as well. Excuse me for not being that optimistic, especially when it was OUR own manager who said that our deals would be wrapped up quite quickly this summer. All I said was that it was a low-risk signing that may or may not turn out and that it felt a bit underwhelming given that our first signing of the summer won't even play more than a few games the entire season. And then come out the super fans as usual as if we'd signed Lionel Messi himself.  ::)

I second your post. I think we have becomes money conscious fans for whatever reason, like you mentioned, if we become shattered in january /feb  with no hopes of winning a cup we will still console ourselves on spending less than our opponents. It's good thing to be optimistic about signing a young talent, but Origi for starters didn't kicked on just ended season like he had shown from the previous season, with his age and experience Klopp didn’t trust him to lead the line in absence of Sturridge hence Firmino was improvised to lead for the entire season, to me Firmino is not a striker. like Milner who
 plays as left, they both tried though.

Solanke coming in, what happen to Brewster, Whom Klopp was looking to fast track? And if we go in for out and out striker, what will happen to Solanke & Brewster development? Is either Origi is move on, because Klopp doesn't trust him when Firmino who is not a striker is fit. Sturridge is not reliable. We need out & out senior striker henceforth, unless Solanke is coming in to the first team, which i think many people would not agree

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2017, 05:51:16 am »
Based on the youtubes, I think he is more suited to how we play than Origi! He always keep moving, running into spaces, aggressive and keep engaging the defenders. They both have speed but I think Origi is too lay back and lazy (not to follow up on possible deflections......) to be a great striker in future. Welcome to Liverpool lad!

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2017, 07:34:12 am »
Welcome to Liverpool fc!

Best of luck to the lad.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2017, 07:47:09 am »
Very pleased with this signing .Welcome to the biggest and best club in the world
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2017, 08:01:31 am »
Can anyone answer  me  this, would Klopp have met this lad prior to the signing?
Klopp can probably answer this. I can't, sadly.

Offline AnnieRoad93

• Main Stander
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2017, 08:21:17 am »
Well worth a gamble at that price. People going mad on twitter like he's the only player we will be signing. It's definitely between us and Arsenal for the most embarrassing fans on twitter
Underneath the floodlights down in Düsseldorf...

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2017, 08:27:56 am »
He was Chelsea's best youth striker for quite a long time, I've known his name for a few years now. Definitely one to get excited about, very talented striker with a good conversion rate. Plus he now has experience playing first team football in Belgium.

If you really think about it, it's like us losing Woodburn to one of our rivals for a tribunal fee. Always thought he was an embarrassment of riches for Chelsea, he was never going to get a chance in their first team setup.

He looks cocky, but I think we need more players like that. Fuck nice blokes. Just stick it in the net and I'll be happy.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2017, 09:06:26 am »
Whatever happened to Yesil

Two consecutive knee injuries have stalled his progress. Playing in the Greek league at the moment.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2017, 09:19:49 am »
As much as I might be viewed as a "beaut" or whatever the in-phrase is on rawk these days for not being terribly excited about this signing (should I have pissed my pants from excitement when we signed Pacheco? Or Samed Yesil?), I haven't criticized it OR said that we shouldn't have made it either. it will be some of the same super-fans on here who will be crying come January-February when the side is shattered as to why we didn't sign any quality back-up or replacements or players who could instantly come in and improve the side. Yeah, I know. It's only May 30th you say. But from what is being reported so far, all of our rivals are in for the same players that we want as well. Which means we don't stand a hope in hell of signing any one of our 1st choices should they want them.

City have just signed a world-class £43 million player. Supposedly we have the funds to be signing players of that price range as well. Excuse me for not being that optimistic, especially when it was OUR own manager who said that our deals would be wrapped up quite quickly this summer. All I said was that it was a low-risk signing that may or may not turn out and that it felt a bit underwhelming given that our first signing of the summer won't even play more than a few games the entire season. And then come out the super fans as usual as if we'd signed Lionel Messi himself.  ::)

It's quite underwhelming really when our rivals are spunking money on world class players but he's cheap as chips so it's a no brainer I suppose. If he has some kind of impact in our cup games or who knows, maybe even scores a few in the league then we could quadruple our money, or more, on him later. But seeing as that he's 19 and couldn't even get a game for Chelsea, I hope we're not signing him with the expectation that he can come in and have a real impact on the team right away.

Welcome nonetheless.

That seems more to me like, your slagging the club /FSG  for the sake of it.
"oh buy him now and sell him on when he becomes good, so the club some make some cash, regardless of the teams future.
JFT 96

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2017, 09:22:01 am »
Good low risk signing. If he doesn't work out here, we'll likely be able to make money back from selling him to a PL side down the line anyway.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2017, 10:07:02 am »
He'll be playing against at 12 in the u20 world cup against Costa Rica

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2017, 10:40:23 am »
Welcome Dominic! Hope you go on to have a great career here.

I can't understand any moaning at this, people seem to complain that we're always overspending on players and why can't our scouting department identify players before they make it big, then in the next breath when we actually sign a youth prospect they moan that he hasn't already been universally hailed as the second coming of Ronaldo. What Solanke has is great potential, and he's come to the right place, with the right manager, to fulfil that potential in the years to come.

Offline Windom Earle

• Main Stander
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2017, 10:56:46 am »
Welcome to the famous Liverpool!

This lad will turn heads trust me in that.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2017, 11:43:29 am »
Great bit of business, wrapped up early. Been hearing nothing but good things about this lad for years now. Michael Beale rates him. Klopp rates him. Evidently Chelsea rate him as they offered him a new deal. Apparently some twelve year olds are crying/wetting their pants on twitter, nothing new there.

But, for the real business:
Welcome to Liverpool Dominic Solanke.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

And, am I the only one thinking...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MX6MvV8cbh8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MX6MvV8cbh8</a>
has potential?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2017, 11:45:23 am »
Good signing this.

The lad has a bright future.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2017, 11:47:22 am »
The more i see him the more he really really reminds me of Diego Costa.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2017, 11:54:54 am »
Good luck to him. Seems very highly rated and Chelsea always stagnate youngsters career.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2017, 11:55:29 am »
The more i see him the more he really really reminds me of Diego Costa.

Watching the youtube clips ( which are only good to have a glance at what the player's style is) Costa's name was the first that popped up in my mind.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2017, 12:02:27 pm »
Welcome. It's never about the price tag, if the player has the fit and the quality, fantastic. We could sign three 30 million pound transfers next. Or we could sign three 10 million ones. Doesn't mean a thing until he's in the shirt and shows whether he fits. You pay big money for supposed proven quality but as we've seen with Benteke, the final step is always 'fit' with what managers want to do. I would love to see a few 10 million or below transfers come off this window, that's where you distinguish yourself recruitment wise.

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2017, 12:03:15 pm »
Playing now for u20s v Costa Rica

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2017, 12:11:47 pm »
Playing now for u20s v Costa Rica

What channels is this on ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2017, 12:16:16 pm »
Is it Solankee, Solankeh, Solanker or is the E silent?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2017, 12:19:10 pm »
What channels is this on ?

Not watching but eurosport i think

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2017, 12:32:35 pm »
Great bit of business, wrapped up early. Been hearing nothing but good things about this lad for years now. Michael Beale rates him. Klopp rates him. Evidently Chelsea rate him as they offered him a new deal. Apparently some twelve year olds are crying/wetting their pants on twitter, nothing new there.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MX6MvV8cbh8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MX6MvV8cbh8</a>
has potential?

Interesting - not a terrace chant I have heard before!

Solanke
Not Crouchy
Solankeeeeeeeeee

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »
has potential?
Has to be. Falsetto and all.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2017, 12:49:47 pm »
england u21 leading 1 up. Not Solanke scoring ;D

ojo and ejaria on the bench. Team playing well in exploiting the channels

stream is below

http://abcast.me/channel1.html

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »
Low risk, adds competition to that squad that hopefully pushed Brewster along too.

I don't see how anyone can be upset about 3m on a youth player.

If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2017, 01:48:30 pm »
Definitely has potential and is low risk so can't complain!

His progress has been slow through the international ranks. He's played at EVERY age level so hoping he's a late bloomer!!!

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2017, 02:04:03 pm »
Is it Solankee, Solankeh, Solanker or is the E silent?

A colleague of mine with a similar second name, suggested it should be pronounced as..

.. So-Laan-Key

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2017, 02:40:14 pm »
Delighted with this.

Great low-risk, potentially high-payback signing IMHO.

Cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could possibly find fault with this. I guess some folks just need something to whinge and complain about  ::)

Good luck Dominic lad - welcome to the Liverpool family! I'm sure you'll do us proud!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2017, 02:45:02 pm »
Under-20 World Cup:

England beat Costa Rica 2-1 to progress to quarter-finals

Everton striker Ademola Lookman fired England into a first-half lead before doubling the advantage after the break.

Costa Rica's Randall Leal saw his late penalty saved by goalkeeper Freddie Woodman but tucked in the rebound.

Paul Simpson's side held on and remain unbeaten having topped their group with wins over Argentina and hosts South Korea, and a draw against Guinea.

Victory in their opener against Argentina was England's first finals win since 1997 and ended their 17-match winless run.

They will face either Mexico or Senegal, who play their last-16 tie on Thursday, in the quarter-finals.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2017, 03:32:19 pm »

It's highly speculative to say we don't have a hope in hell of signing any of our first choice targets, is it not? You're right that Klopp said our signings would be wrapped up quite quickly this summer. Thing is, it's barely summer yet. The football season hasn't even finished. We should be careful not to assume our definition of 'early' as impatient football fans may not be the same as a professional football coach. Anyway - welcome Dominic!

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2017, 07:44:26 pm »
Our managerial staff believe he could turn out to be a very good player, otherwise we'd never spend 3m just in compensation. They know more about player development than all of us combined, so i'll give it to them.

How did he do against Costa Rica?
The change is cast

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2017, 07:53:51 pm »
Good enough for Jurgen then he's good enough for me.

Won't be the last signing. People need to show some patience.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2017, 09:21:13 pm »
All touches video from today. Looks big, strong, skillful & quick. There seems to be a fair bit to work with there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlnJqFT2H1A

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2017, 11:39:19 pm »
All touches video from today. Looks big, strong, skillful & quick. There seems to be a fair bit to work with there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlnJqFT2H1A

Some great material for Klopp to work with there.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #157 on: June 1, 2017, 12:35:03 am »

You'll Never Walk Alone.

has potential?

Does it fuck yer wool  8)
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #158 on: June 1, 2017, 12:59:48 am »
Looks like he played very well today against Costa Rica. Created a lot of chances, took the ball from deep, showed good technique, bright ideas, and was a big presence in the central AM position.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: June 1, 2017, 01:21:48 am »
The more I see, the more I think this signing is an absolute steal at ~£3m.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."