Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2058771 times)

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16400 on: April 12, 2021, 12:24:00 pm »
Yeah you could defo change the name if you had the id and proof provided you had 13 league games on the card. The reason my membership was cancelled is because my season ticket is in the same name now my mate used the membership was his card in all but name.

The women i spoke to at the ticket office was sound it sounds like the manager who came back and made final decision to cancel the membership. I did say to them how is it fair that only people with 13+ league games could do the update but the bosses at the club dont seem to care.

My mate has basically owned that card since we were in the europa league playing bum
Teams at a half empty anfield and now the club have binned him off.  Obviously i have technically broken the terms and conditions of the membership but at the time when he started using it  half the ground were using a card im a different name and the club werent arsed its went on for years so we never thought the card would get cancelled.

My point to the club was that you cant cancel my mates membership due to breaking terms and conditions but then let any member with over 13 games change theirs it makes no sense. If my mate was going the league games on it he could have changed name no problem but now all of a sudden the club want to enforce a rule they never usually do.

I wouldnt be shocked if they done a members fan update in a year or two but thats no good on my case because of the order they completed the update my mates lost out.

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16401 on: April 12, 2021, 01:22:46 pm »
I suppose the clubs argument is that every member at some point would have had the 1 off chance to transfer names

13+ league had theirs already, rest will come (eventually) - COVID put a spanner in their plans but they will get round to it

My advice for people in that situation going forward would be to wait it out until the 1 off opportunity is given, as I know someone in the exact same position who also lost their membership card last week

Offline RedRon

• Main Stander
« Reply #16402 on: April 12, 2021, 04:18:31 pm »
Yeah you could defo change the name if you had the id and proof provided you had 13 league games on the card. The reason my membership was cancelled is because my season ticket is in the same name now my mate used the membership was his card in all but name.

The women i spoke to at the ticket office was sound it sounds like the manager who came back and made final decision to cancel the membership. I did say to them how is it fair that only people with 13+ league games could do the update but the bosses at the club dont seem to care.

My mate has basically owned that card since we were in the europa league playing bum
Teams at a half empty anfield and now the club have binned him off.  Obviously i have technically broken the terms and conditions of the membership but at the time when he started using it  half the ground were using a card im a different name and the club werent arsed its went on for years so we never thought the card would get cancelled.

My point to the club was that you cant cancel my mates membership due to breaking terms and conditions but then let any member with over 13 games change theirs it makes no sense. If my mate was going the league games on it he could have changed name no problem but now all of a sudden the club want to enforce a rule they never usually do.

I wouldnt be shocked if they done a members fan update in a year or two but thats no good on my case because of the order they completed the update my mates lost out.

Similar situation with me whereby my son has been using my mate's membership for many years and has the aways (league and cups) but the ticket office wouldn't allow a name transfer (come from management). I bought this up in the STH fan update thread couple months back. But they haven't mentioned anything about membership being cancelled, just got told they don't have anything to go on for fan update on those who were not part of 13 home games and told me to hold tight and then contact them again once they have announced fan update for the remaining memberships.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16403 on: April 12, 2021, 06:33:19 pm »
Similar situation with me whereby my son has been using my mate's membership for many years and has the aways (league and cups) but the ticket office wouldn't allow a name transfer (come from management). I bought this up in the STH fan update thread couple months back. But they haven't mentioned anything about membership being cancelled, just got told they don't have anything to go on for fan update on those who were not part of 13 home games and told me to hold tight and then contact them again once they have announced fan update for the remaining memberships.

Think mine got cancelled because my dad and me have shared a season ticket for years and hes transferred it into my name because i go the most games each year. The membership was in my name and now the season ticket is but your not allowed to have a membership and a season ticket at the same time apparently

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16404 on: April 12, 2021, 09:14:12 pm »
Aways will be interesting; I had 14 away credits from 18/19 ... but I finished on 12 when the season ended (but was due for 16 at the end of the full season).

So for aways it's probably in most peoples interests for it to go on 18/19 based on my situation anyway, because there isn't a bulk sale.

To be honest, I am just desperate to get back to a match, especially an away game.

The credits holiday next year makes total sense tbf. Glad I don't bother with the home leagues, going to be a grim decision made by the club
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 09:15:51 pm by PaulKS »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16405 on: April 14, 2021, 06:13:43 am »
Think mine got cancelled because my dad and me have shared a season ticket for years and hes transferred it into my name because i go the most games each year. The membership was in my name and now the season ticket is but your not allowed to have a membership and a season ticket at the same time apparently

Shocking they won't let STH also be a member.

I mean STH should be able to buy as many tickets as they like. They are the chosen ones

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #16406 on: April 15, 2021, 08:12:57 am »
Is anyone going to bother getting the membership again for this season? Or take a break? I imagine with out it counting for credits and the team doing badly might be good for a few general sales? Or reckon this won’t be the case?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16407 on: April 15, 2021, 08:59:46 am »
Is anyone going to bother getting the membership again for this season? Or take a break? I imagine with out it counting for credits and the team doing badly might be good for a few general sales? Or reckon this won’t be the case?

I remember having trouble getting tickets when Hodgson was in charge. I don't think the team doing badly matters too much, there are still thousands wanting tickets for games.

I'll be getting a membership for next season. Not arsed about taking a break or wanting credits, I just want to go to a game.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16408 on: April 15, 2021, 09:15:08 am »
I'll be getting a membership for next season. Not arsed about taking a break or wanting credits, I just want to go to a game.

This! I'll be there even if it's the European conference league or whatever the fuck it's called.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #16409 on: April 15, 2021, 01:51:26 pm »
A little bit of clarity regarding those of us on 13+ from last year would be nice

You'll Never Walk Alone

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16410 on: April 15, 2021, 02:07:51 pm »

Most will end up buying a membership then in the bulk sales buying the big games and binning the cat B and C games off when the credit isn't being counted

I'm not going to be buying every game as I'm saving for a house, perfect timing having a credit break

So yeah tickets will be a lot easier to get in general IMO

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16411 on: April 15, 2021, 03:39:09 pm »
Is it true, going forward,with the 6 friends and family system if you transfer a ticket to one of those they get the credit and you lose yours ?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16412 on: April 15, 2021, 03:46:25 pm »
Is it true, going forward,with the 6 friends and family system if you transfer a ticket to one of those they get the credit and you lose yours ?

I don't think they have to be a member to be on your F&F so don't see how they could do that as it couldn't work for all transfers.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16413 on: April 15, 2021, 03:59:08 pm »
I don't think they have to be a member to be on your F&F so don't see how they could do that as it couldn't work for all transfers.

Yeah,  that's true forgot about that.
Wish they'd put us out our misery and clarify all these questions. 

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16414 on: April 15, 2021, 04:07:19 pm »
Well, there are no credits next season so it's irrelevant

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16415 on: April 15, 2021, 05:19:59 pm »
Yeah,  that's true forgot about that.
Wish they'd put us out our misery and clarify all these questions. 

What if they haven't made decisions on them themselves yet?

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #16416 on: April 15, 2021, 07:09:43 pm »

If you did take a break and not buy a membership for next season, with there being no credits, would you still keep your credits from 18/19, if you bought a membership for 22/23 season?

I am a 13+ member, but I am not sure i can afford the membership and then all home games next season, as lost my job due to covid. But with all this uncertainty regarding what criteria will be used for tickets in future sales, i am a little worried they'll use it as an excuse to make changes.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16417 on: April 15, 2021, 07:35:03 pm »
If you did take a break and not buy a membership for next season, with there being no credits, would you still keep your credits from 18/19, if you bought a membership for 22/23 season?

I am a 13+ member, but I am not sure i can afford the membership and then all home games next season, as lost my job due to covid. But with all this uncertainty regarding what criteria will be used for tickets in future sales, i am a little worried they'll use it as an excuse to make changes.

Yeah, no credits accrue in this coming season, and the following one as far as I understand will use 18/19
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #16418 on: April 16, 2021, 01:51:57 am »
without it counting for credits yeah I expect plenty of games to be accessible enough, especially midweek and early European games (outside UCL) of course, if the ground is allowed fully capacity too it will help

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16419 on: April 16, 2021, 10:39:58 am »
Nobody knows what season's credits they will use in 22/23

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #16420 on: April 16, 2021, 10:45:56 am »
I remember having trouble getting tickets when Hodgson was in charge. I don't think the team doing badly matters too much, there are still thousands wanting tickets for games.

Absolutely, if you can't support them when they lose, don't bother when they are winning and all that.

Members shouldn't be allowed to transfer tickets either, especially not to people who aren't members. That's just encouraging credit hunting and touting. It's one thing ST's being allowed to do it, shouldn't be extended to members as well.
Legacy fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16421 on: April 16, 2021, 10:47:41 am »
Absolutely, if you can't support them when they lose, don't bother when they are winning and all that.

Members shouldn't be allowed to transfer tickets either, especially not to people who aren't members. That's just encouraging credit hunting and touting. It's one thing ST's being allowed to do it, shouldn't be extended to members as well.
Members have just become another season ticket though.  If you’ve got lots of credits you can buy tickets, if you haven’t, you can’t.

I’m lucky to get a couple a season, when I’d ideally want to go to 10+ home league games a season.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #16422 on: April 16, 2021, 10:50:34 am »
Members have just become another season ticket though.  If you’ve got lots of credits you can buy tickets, if you haven’t, you can’t.

I’m lucky to get a couple a season, when I’d ideally want to go to 10+ home league games a season.

So don't make it easier for people to buy tickets for matches they aren't going to go to. Let members sell the tickets back to the club if they can't go so that they can be sold to other members, don't let them transfer the ticket to anyone with a mobile phone.
Legacy fan

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16423 on: April 16, 2021, 10:58:15 am »
So don't make it easier for people to buy tickets for matches they aren't going to go to. Let members sell the tickets back to the club if they can't go so that they can be sold to other members, don't let them transfer the ticket to anyone with a mobile phone.

And if they do then they definitely should not be getting a credit for it.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #16424 on: April 16, 2021, 10:59:39 am »
And if they do then they definitely should not be getting a credit for it.

Agree with that as well, credits should be for going to the game not buying the ticket.
Legacy fan

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16425 on: April 16, 2021, 11:15:58 am »

What about in circumstances where you have bought a ticket 4 months in advance of a game not knowing exactly when it's going to be played and can't go when it's eventually confirmed for a specific date?

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #16426 on: April 16, 2021, 11:41:06 am »

Are you a ST holder by any chance?

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16427 on: April 16, 2021, 11:42:56 am »
What about in circumstances where you have bought a ticket 4 months in advance of a game not knowing exactly when it's going to be played and can't go when it's eventually confirmed for a specific date?

Then it should be returned to the club or transferred to a friend. Losing the credit in the process.
The club could help by not holding sales until after kick offs are confirmed of course.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #16428 on: April 16, 2021, 12:19:40 pm »
Are you a ST holder by any chance?

No, just a member
Legacy fan

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #16429 on: April 16, 2021, 12:22:19 pm »
Then it should be returned to the club or transferred to a friend. Losing the credit in the process.
The club could help by not holding sales until after kick offs are confirmed of course.

Returned to the club would be the best option, or if not then transferred to another member.

These bulk sales are a nonsense, just encourage people to buy tickets for games to keep their credits up whether they can go or not.
Legacy fan

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #16430 on: April 16, 2021, 12:25:07 pm »
No, just a member

Can I ask why you think you shouldn't be able to transfer a ticket? I agree it should be limited but not stopped.

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16431 on: April 16, 2021, 12:26:24 pm »
These bulk sales are a nonsense, just encourage people to buy tickets for games to keep their credits up whether they can go or not.

Most clubs do sales in smaller chunks, 3-5 games at a time

But that'd be a pain in the arse for everyone who does go every game, or near enough

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16432 on: April 16, 2021, 03:02:59 pm »
Can I ask why you think you shouldn't be able to transfer a ticket? I agree it should be limited but not stopped.

Yeah, I agree on this, a late emergency can always occur. I know there are always people that will take the piss but that's the same with STs as well. They can offer out their ST to friends without the risk of losing it. Shouldn't they be using it or losing it as well?

I am surprised the new F&F thing won't have to be to other members though (for members or STs).

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16433 on: April 17, 2021, 10:47:40 am »
Phil Dutton went on the Anfield Wrap podcast...

Confirmed theirs no limit on times you can transfer a ticket in the 2021/22 season for both ST holders and Members. Also confirmed they don't have to be members or anything like that

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #16434 on: April 17, 2021, 07:51:30 pm »

Confirmed theirs no limit on times you can transfer a ticket in the 2021/22 season for both ST holders and Members. Also confirmed they don't have to be members or anything like that

Did he mention if it’s just a one off due to the covid situation?

And is that for all comps?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #16435 on: April 17, 2021, 09:31:44 pm »

21/22 sounds like it'll be a bit of a free-for-all

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16436 on: April 17, 2021, 09:54:05 pm »
Did he mention if it’s just a one off due to the covid situation?

And is that for all comps?

Said they'll review it season after , but basically they need to know who's in each seat. Spurs have been doing the same thing since they introduced the phone system. 
No mention of other comps.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16437 on: April 17, 2021, 09:58:23 pm »
Which podcast was that? Had a look earlier and couldn't see it.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16438 on: April 17, 2021, 10:49:03 pm »
Which podcast was that? Had a look earlier and couldn't see it.

It's was on the Anfield Wrap but for some reason they deleted it and the twitter mention of it about an hour or so later. 

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16439 on: April 17, 2021, 11:01:01 pm »
It's was on the Anfield Wrap but for some reason they deleted it and the twitter mention of it about an hour or so later. 

Nice one, a bit odd that.  ;D