Author Topic: Negativity needs to stop....  (Read 31637 times)

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
Re: Negativity needs to stop....
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2011, 11:00:06 am »
That ones up for debate! Ever see them boozers with carpet that has no fluff on it, it's been down that long? That's my kind of gaff!!
Yeah, i can go with that too.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2011, 11:01:53 am »
I've got to pop to me mums otherwise I'd make a cuppa & some toast and enjoy the responses to the above madness. You didn't even get to my very last line did you?
I did.

I also noticed the shit response. if you disagree why not argue it out. No petty insults for you. Well done mate.
Why are you looking past this season?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2011, 11:05:08 am »
Hard to think of something worse than cancer.
Damn right. Still it feel rotten to get sick still doesn't it.

People are claiming we need to stop questioning what's happening at the club. Johnny C claims we are in good hands. How the fuck does anyone know the future eh?

Christ if we have learned anything from the two c*nts at all? Genuine questioning should never be restricted. Never.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2011, 11:06:23 am »
I despair  :butt

Fine. People should keep complaining and be miserable gits then if they want to. I just don't get it.

I for one look forward to the day when he proves the negative lot wrong and I look forward to hearing all the excuses ;D

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:09:03 am by evie »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2011, 11:09:26 am »
I despair  :butt

Fine. Keep complaining and be miserable gits then. I just don't get it.

I for one look forward to the day when he proves the negative lot wrong and I look forward to hearing all the excuses ;D

You do know you're just after posting a whining moaning negative response.

And for fucks sake if all you want is to be right then I suggest you play some trivial pursuit for yourself.

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2011, 11:11:08 am »
Its really difficult to comment on transfer policy until the window finally slams shut and we know what we have. When we do I'm sure we'll all rally behind our new players. BUT its nature to comment on rumours especially when there is very little football around to distract us. Personally I have to admit that I'm underwhelmed by our supposed transfer targets and will be gutted if the Raul out stories are true.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2011, 11:11:29 am »
You do know you're just after posting a whining moaning negative response.

And for fucks sake if all you want is to be right then I suggest you play some trivial pursuit for yourself.

Relax, notice the smilie? I wasn't being entirely serious

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2011, 11:13:13 am »
I can handle when someone thinks player a or b is shit, but when they can't back it up with any substance is what grates, "tell me why he's shit ?"  "he just is"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2011, 11:13:49 am »
Relax, notice the smilie? I wasn't being entirely serious
Yeah sorry lass. Pent up.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2011, 11:13:51 am »
Its really difficult to comment on transfer policy until the window finally slams shut and we know what we have.

especially when the European one hasn't even opened
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2011, 11:14:53 am »
Terry mate, I think half the people moaning about every new signing and every possible sale probably weren't even aware of anything that went on under Hicks and Gillett. I spoke to someone yesterday, a life long red, and I asked them had they read Brian Reade's book and they said no. And that I'd have to tell them about it, because they don't know anything that went on. It's unbelievable.

And now we are signing players for £16m, £20m, good players, and people are moaning again. They will never be happy. Ever. I can imagine if and when we do win the title, they'll be the first ones to start calling for the managers head a week into a new season after a defeat.

Agree 100% with this thread. The negativity is unbelievable.

I can handle when someone thinks player a or b is shit, but when they can't back it up with any substance is what grates, "tell me why he's shit ?"  "he just is"

100% correct.
Start a topic like this and you get 'Am I not entitled to an opinion anymore?!' etc etc, but it's not the point at all. Fine if people think a player isn't very good, or why are we signing him? But it's the offhand shite that gets posted, with no substance and laced with bitterness and arrogance. 'He's shite, what the fuck are we doing!?!?' etc. I'd prefer to read a level headed reason as to WHY a player is shite. But then again, this is the internet.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:17:21 am by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline evie

• Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2011, 11:15:38 am »

or "tell me why he's shit?"

"he was shit for the U21s" ;)

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2011, 11:16:44 am »
Well said Terry!

Avoid transfer threads at all costs. The amount of utter tosh written is astonishin'.
110% agree.  Fifa managers and kids.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2011, 11:19:57 am »
To be perfectly honest, I think football forums should close down when the season ends..and open again a week before the new season starts.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2011, 11:22:52 am »
I did.
I also noticed the shit response. if you disagree why not argue it out. No petty insults for you. Well done mate.
I haven't gone yet, but seriously, I'm not really going to argue out your analogy of a wife beater compared to expensive English footballers am I.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2011, 11:24:35 am »
Agree with the OP , cant believe there is negativity at a time when we can all go into next season optimistic that we can give it a good go and have a decent squad to compete with.

Its the contridictions as well that puzzle me.Paying 16 million for Henderson then moaning that Jones went to United , paying that money for an English prospect then saying we should'nt sign Nolan Roux because ''he is'nt expensive enough''.

Then we have Commoli ''failing'' to land Young and us becoming a ''laughing stock'' because we have money to spend , its unbelievable.We were a laughing stock under the Yanks and now we are in a position to battle with clubs for good players.This is what we all wanted when we we wanted G&H out , but yet some people STILL are not happy.Its got to stop.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2011, 11:25:49 am »

Exactafuckingmundo!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2011, 11:25:57 am »
I haven't gone yet, but seriously, I'm not really going to argue out your analogy of a wife beater compared to expensive English footballers am I.
The comparison had nothing to do with expensive footballers lad. Nothing at all. Nor was I comparing the a wife beater to anyone. In fact I never even mentioned 'wife'.

And you asked my did I read your post.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2011, 11:30:56 am »
Some people think footy is a cross between Big Brother and Championship Manager and I wish they would fuck off.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2011, 11:31:54 am »
Some people think footy is a cross between Big Brother and Championship Manager and I wish they would fuck off.
Imogen Thomas signs Ryan Giggs.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2011, 11:32:09 am »
Do they not remember where we were 12 months ago? Worried about losing Torres, Mascherano, Reina and Gerrard. Now we've got people moaning that we're not trying to sign big exciting players (all of whom are willing to drop out of CL and even EL for Liverpool apparently).

What has annoyed me the most is someone in the Meireles thread claiming FSG are no different than Hicks and Gillett making us sell to buy. For fucks sake, were 3 weeks into the window and the European window isn't even open yet.

take a step back and look at the bigger picture, and stop moaning because we haven't agreed a fee for Mata, Aguero and whatever marquee signing you want.

Too many people have short memories.
For me when comparing where we are to where we were:
  • FSG > The Cancers
  • Dalglish > Owlface
  • DC scouting players > Cecil playing FM
  • Buying Henderson & most likely Downing/Adam > signing PFK/Poulson/Cole & loaning out Insua/AA
  • (Possibly) signing Wickham > (possibly) selling Ngog
  • Big pot to piss in > no pot to piss in
  • Choice of a new stadium or redeveloping Anfield > not having that choice
  • Business behind closed doors > washing our dirty laundry in public
  • Positivity amongst our support > Doom & gloom
  • Bright Red future > possible administration

Simples.

We WILL sign a decent L/B (Clichy/Enrique or whoever) and - I believe - make at least 1 quality signing (insert name) when the european window opens.
Our commercial/marketing activities (e.g. Warrior kit deal - thank you Mr Ayre) will ensure that from now on we're maximising our revenues etc.

Add to that the fact we have the King Kenny factor and things look bloody good for us compared to a year or so ago !!

The way I see it - we finally seem to have the right team of people running the club in the right way and we are going places.

Whats not to like ??

I will not get involved in the transfer forum (shudders) as I trust The King's judgement.

Instead I'm off on holiday travelling around Europe & sunning myself for the whole of July.  I'll return in August - fully recharged - ready to get behind our team - especially any new players we sign.

The future's bright - The future's RED.

(Apologies for my unrestrained positivity)

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2011, 11:37:26 am »
 :thumbup

Arguably the best phase for quite some time being a RED, and it is the noticeable change.

:scarf
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2011, 11:39:23 am »
This is the slapped around women argument.

Women gets slapped around by boyfriend. After a few years she finally gets rid.

So does that mean she shouldn't care what the next guy is like as long as he doesn't slap her around?

A lot of our fanbase is like that now. It's now a fucking sin not to be all rosy and happy. Don't bother questioning anything, cause now we are buying players. Don't worry about the who's or the why's at least we're not getting the shit kicked out of us.

Terry you're a great guy and all, but fuck off telling me how to support my club. I don't tell you how to.

seriously mate...football is analogous to cancer and wifebeating?....

may I suggest a sense of perspective?
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline merseymack

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2011, 11:45:25 am »
bollocks. If we don't buy Messi in the next two hours i'm off to support wolves

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2011, 11:47:51 am »

Man, this is the internet.

Hysteria and over exagerations is what we do.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Suarez_LFC

• snidey arrogant tool
  • Anny Roader
  • Suarez is God
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2011, 11:48:07 am »
Just because we were terrible, doesnt mean that we should be happy with average.

Although, me personallly, im happy with the signigns so far, some of them have made me raise an eyebrow at the fee but there hasnt been anything too bad yet, if we spunk 20 Mill on Downing then it become a different story, but I will wait till September 1st and I reckin by then we will have a good squad

Also though, Blind faith in the new owners is dangerous, its like everyone just forgot what happened before.

Remember there first summer? Torres for a record fee of 22 Million, that is better than any signing made or that will be made this summer, and look how it turned out in the end with those owners. I support these new owners, but people have a right to be cautious
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:55:51 am by Suarez_LFC »
I'll show my balls on RAWK if this transfer (Mata To Liverpool) happens.
Quote me on it.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2011, 11:49:43 am »
It's now a fucking sin not to be all rosy and happy.

Nobody is saying this, a sense of perspective after the last 4 years is all the thread starter was talking about.

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2011, 11:51:25 am »
Just because we were terrible, doesnt mean that we should be happy with average.

No one fancies to be happy with the "average".
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2011, 11:52:10 am »
::)
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2011, 11:53:23 am »
Although its there for all to see where our negativity is coming from, but I definitely don't know where it will be taking us if we are reluctant enough to get our perspective right.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2011, 12:01:41 pm »

How would you have felt if the club had folded last year?

Offline Suarez_LFC

• snidey arrogant tool
  • Anny Roader
  • Suarez is God
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2011, 12:01:46 pm »
::)

Sigh

Maybe want to not cut the rest of the post out, but oh no wait, thats not how it goes on RAWK, you only quote what suits you
I'll show my balls on RAWK if this transfer (Mata To Liverpool) happens.
Quote me on it.

Offline Dr Stop

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2011, 12:01:52 pm »
What we need is to get off to a flying start next season, and everyone will then feel optimistic. Ultimately next season will probably be transitional as we bed in new players and Kenny further tweaks the way the team is set up... but we'll be on our way. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2011, 12:05:04 pm »

Although, me personallly, im happy with the signigns so far, some of them have made me raise an eyebrow at the fee but there hasnt been anything too bad yet, if we spunk 20 Mill on Downing then it become a different story, but I will wait till September 1st and I reckin by then we will have a good squad

Also though, Blind faith in the new owners is dangerous, its like everyone just forgot what happened before.

Remember there first summer? Torres for a record fee of 22 Million, that is better than any signing made or that will be made this summer, and look how it turned out in the end with those owners. I support these new owners, but people have a right to be cautious
I agree with you in general but the Torres fee was added to the clubs debt so that signing will be worse than any we make if the club doesn't bear the cost in debt.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2011, 12:08:29 pm »

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2011, 12:11:59 pm »
Well Terry you've certainly got the handbags flying - well done a sensible distraction from recent shite
Keeping the faith

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2011, 12:12:08 pm »
How would you have felt if the club had folded last year?

I tend not to look back...life's all about marching forward

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2011, 12:18:59 pm »
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2011, 12:21:17 pm »

• FSG > The Cancers
  • Dalglish > Owlface
  • DC scouting players > Cecil playing FM
  • Buying Henderson & most likely Downing/Adam > signing PFK/Poulson/Cole & loaning out Insua/AA
  • (Possibly) signing Wickham > (possibly) selling Ngog
  • Big pot to piss in > no pot to piss in
  • Choice of a new stadium or redeveloping Anfield > not having that choice
  • Business behind closed doors > washing our dirty laundry in public
  • Positivity amongst our support > Doom & gloom
  • Bright Red future > possible administration

I'm waiting for someone to say

No Europe < Europa League

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2011, 12:28:35 pm »
Well said Terry lad, i'm in your gang. Some of the stuff written on this forum makes me cringe with embarrassment to be honest. Personally i cant wait for the new season, not been this happy in years if i'm honest. We have good, solid owners, the best manager possible, in my opinion, great coaches right across the board, we'r signing players, spending plenty of money. I couldnt really give a toos what we pay, leave that to the people who can control those things.

We have so many idiots supporting our great club, shocking, embarrassing. Yes this is a forum to discuss what goes on at L4 but far too many just have to moan, moan, moan. A new era has just started, its in its infancy, just be patient and enjoy the ride, its gonna be a good'n, and i for one cannot wait.

We are supporters of the greatest football club on the planet, just enjoy that eh, and be positive, its not difficult, isnt for me anyway.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!

Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.