Author Topic: Phillip Glass/Ludovico Einaudi  (Read 916 times)

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
Phillip Glass/Ludovico Einaudi
« on: May 1, 2005, 02:10:15 pm »
Anyone into classical music?

I love me arl classical music and my taste is constantly being refined as I experience more works and artistes. There is one tiny snippet of music used in an advert on Classic fm that I have to get me mitts on but I don't know who it's by, I'm guessing one of the above but I may be well out on that (Ive emailed Cfm but as they rightly pointed out there are several versions of the advert with different music used). So I must continue my search!

Anyway, Ive not got any of Glass or Einaudi so anyone have any suggestions on a good place to start with these two?
Hopefully I'll find this amazingly haunting piano piece in amongst their work?

(I understand this may not be the best of places to make such inquiries but you are an informed bunch and I do like you)!

:wave
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
Re: Phillip Glass/Ludovico Einaudi
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2005, 02:39:35 pm »
 ::)  ;D
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2005, 03:55:12 pm »

Can you hum it? ???

What's the advert advertising?

That would be a start

Next step is Google...

87:13

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2005, 07:10:20 pm »
look for a piece called Le Onde by Einaudi, utterly stunning piece of music, couldn't help you with Philip Glass but i know people who could, will post up later...

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 12:12:18 am »
Halfway through Koyanisqwaatsi now. Hooley Dooley. From the 70's too.

Absolutely love Einuadi too. Was on the 10a bus in about 2001/2 and it he came on the bus drivers radio and I started crying .... that was my first introduction to him and I've seen him a few times at the Phil. I actually had a chat with him as you do and couldn't resist mentioning Istanbul as he's an AC Milan fan.

;D

Winter = Dark Lonely nights = Classical Music.

And..... soup .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 11:30:53 am »
Anyone into classical music?

I love me arl classical music and my taste is constantly being refined as I experience more works and artistes. There is one tiny snippet of music used in an advert on Classic fm that I have to get me mitts on but I don't know who it's by, I'm guessing one of the above but I may be well out on that (Ive emailed Cfm but as they rightly pointed out there are several versions of the advert with different music used). So I must continue my search!

Anyway, Ive not got any of Glass or Einaudi so anyone have any suggestions on a good place to start with these two?
Hopefully I'll find this amazingly haunting piano piece in amongst their work?

(I understand this may not be the best of places to make such inquiries but you are an informed bunch and I do like you)!

:wave
Download the Shazam app for your phone and use it when the advert plays - it may be able to tell you what piece of music it is  :wave