Author Topic: I saw a ghost tonight.  (Read 121393 times)

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
Re: I saw a ghost tonight.
« Reply #720 on: October 24, 2012, 11:38:37 am »
Hmmm therers something really strange in you're neighbourhood. Its f*cking weird and if I'm honest, it doesnt look too good so my advice would be to try something like this. Hope it helps mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc

hahaha that made me chuckle........that tune will no doubt pop into my head the next night I have to go in to calm her down  ;D
There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: October 24, 2012, 01:01:42 pm »
Hmmm therers something really strange in you're neighbourhood. Its f*cking weird and if I'm honest, it doesnt look too good so my advice would be to try something like this. Hope it helps mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc
Good idea this. Especially for a child.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #722 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:48 pm »
Send Alan X round to talk some sense into her. :D

Tricky one though because children's minds aren't easy to change, especially when they're scared of something. What you're doing with lights/doors etc is probably a decent start. Reassurance is all you can give too isn't it? In time (assuming there is no Mary!) then she'll get over her fear/forget about it.

We had a problem with my son seeing monsters under the bed. The probem went away when we stopped giving him Calpol, which can give some children hallucinations. Not saying that's the reason in this case but the one thing she won't be suffering from is ghosts called Mary.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #723 on: October 24, 2012, 04:06:00 pm »
We had a problem with my son seeing monsters under the bed. The probem went away when we stopped giving him Calpol, which can give some children hallucinations. Not saying that's the reason in this case but the one thing she won't be suffering from is ghosts called Mary.
Exactly. Ghosts never give their real names.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: October 24, 2012, 05:27:28 pm »

Classic. Burst out laughing when I read that. Tricky blighters!

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #725 on: October 24, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »
Didn't know Calpol also changed gender  :o
ruh oh Shaggy! 

That would have been correct if it wasn't for those pesky kids previous posts!

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: October 24, 2012, 06:28:23 pm »
Most of them are not all that great, but there are a few great stories on a site called "creepypasta". I've read quite a few of them looking for something good, really liked this one.

http://www.creepypastaindex.com/creepypasta/noend-house
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: October 25, 2012, 03:41:01 pm »
Didn't know Calpol also changed gender  :o

I was using my son as an example in reply to this:

I posted on here a few months ago about our daughter seeing someone in her room most nights and she was called "Mary"...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: October 26, 2012, 01:46:12 pm »
Ahh, foot-in-mouth comment then...didn't read back enough to get context, sorry  :wave

No problem
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #729 on: October 26, 2012, 01:49:52 pm »

Norm grieving that no ghosts are to be found in here.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #730 on: February 3, 2013, 11:24:07 am »
No more experiences recently?
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #731 on: February 3, 2013, 12:14:16 pm »
Not seen a ghost but I felt a presence in the Haunted Gallery when I went on a ghost tour at Hampton Court.

It was pitch black with only candles leading the way. I felt uneasy and rushed through the room. It was in fact the same room where 2 people on different tours supposedly fainted!
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #732 on: February 3, 2013, 01:05:29 pm »
What does a "presence" feel like?
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline theredguy03

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: February 3, 2013, 02:30:46 pm »
To me I think it's as if somebody is in the same room as you, but you can't see them.

That's what most 'paranormal experts' say. This field seems to have no right or wrong answers, it's based on opinion.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #734 on: February 3, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #735 on: February 4, 2013, 09:31:33 am »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #736 on: February 4, 2013, 10:40:18 am »
This thread is fucking gold.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: February 4, 2013, 01:50:07 pm »

Someone goosed him in the dark.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #738 on: February 4, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »
The gf seems to be well into all this ghost stuff, she says her granny’s house is/was haunted and on more than one occasion and 3 separate kids all said they saw the ‘woman’ sitting on the rocking chair while they were playing in the next room.  I’ve been to the house and went into the room to prove that there wasn’t any ghosts, there wasn’t. but when they left I couldn’t resist hiding behind the door and jumping out and scaring them when they returned, I don’t think she’s ever forgiven me for that..

There is one experience that I’ve had with “ghost’s” when I was 10/11 in my house, I was playing with my star wars figures(as you do) when I started seeing a boy playing with toys in my room, I knew I was the only one in the room. I started screaming and shouting, my mum came up and was wondering what I was screaming for, she felt my head and I was running a fever, turns out it was tonsillitis. The same night while I was hallucinating from the fever I saw the same boy staring at me from the bottom of my bed, then he disappeared, and (I cant remember from that) but apparently my mum was saying that I was shouting “get the heads off the ceiling, please mummy get the heads off the ceiling” which I thought was kinda fucked up.. but then again kid’s say crazy things.. but the strange thing is my brother had my room before I moved into it, and he had an ‘imaginary friend’ who he only played with in his room, called him Tom and (again I can’t remember this) apparently the boy I described was exactly how my brother described his imaginary friend.. but I think that could have just been down to me hearing how my brother described him and just repeating him, as he’s 6 years older than me..
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: February 4, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »
Have any of you ever watched them most haunted style programmes??

The girl I live with watch them some times, and some people's houses I used to go to used to watch them religiously and get right into them.

To me, they're just a load of shite, things conviently move when the cameras not looking, noises come out of nowhere, and those on it just end up crying at nothing

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #740 on: February 4, 2013, 04:16:40 pm »
Stayed in the Adelphi for the first time over the weekend, many people are of the opinion its haunted. Couldnt comment myself, but its a creepy place - reminds me of the hotel from The Shining!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #741 on: February 4, 2013, 05:06:25 pm »
Stayed in the Adelphi for the first time over the weekend, many people are of the opinion its haunted. Couldnt comment myself, but its a creepy place - reminds me of the hotel from The Shining!
shithole of a place that hotel
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: February 5, 2013, 11:11:39 am »
To me, they're just a load of shite, things conviently move when the cameras not looking, noises come out of nowhere, and those on it just end up crying at nothing

They're fantastic if you're watching it for the right reasons, IE comedy. Watching Derek Acorah pretend to get possessed by some old dear is phenomenal television. Michael Jackson Seance as well, absolute genius.

I'd like to think if I was a ghost, I'd spend my time in womens changing rooms or getting into the cinema for free, and getting on planes for nothing and travelling to loads of different countries. Or sneaking onto the shuttle and going into space. Or just getting really close to a lions face and mocking it. Or do a Patrick Swyaze and try desperately to learn how to touch objects and then go to Old Trafford and keep deflecting the ball. But you never hear about them ghosts, just boring bastards who do the same shit they did in their lives. 'My Grandad died, and then came back as a ghost and sat in the same chair he always used to sit in'. It just doesn't ring true. Like, if they've got unfinished business then how is doing the same stuff going to finish it? You never hear about Swayze ghosts solving murders. just boring ghosts. And how is a ghost dog going to solve its unfinished business by coming back and clawing at a door and whimpering?

Which makes me think ghosts might not be real.....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
« Reply #743 on: February 5, 2013, 11:22:29 am »
I've posted on here before how my 3 year old sees someone in her room most nights called "Mary" and when are now 7 year old used to sleep in that room she used to see "Mary" too........
Anyway, Christmas Day just gone my mum and dad paid for us all to go the Park Hotel for our Christmas dinner. We were all on tables in the big function room and when you'd finished your dinner, the kids could go and see Father Christmas to get a selection box off him in the little function room through a door opposite the big room. My dad said he would take  our 3 year old........well, the screams were deafening! I thought she was screaming coz she doesn't like Father Christmas. When she ran back to me she said there were men and ladies in the room. My dad said no one else was in there! When the main door opened as more kids were coming back our 3 year old was near enough climbing the wall shouting "they're waving at us, they're coming in. Tell them to go out" When we asked her who she said "the ladies and men"

The manager of the hotel who my mum knows came over to ask us what was the matter. We told her and she said that the room where the Father Christmas was is the "quiet room". It's the room they use to lay the dead when they're having a wake etc
Scary
There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: February 5, 2013, 11:35:28 am »
reminds me of the kid in Paranormal Activity who's best mates with that demon ghost

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: February 5, 2013, 11:42:21 am »
They're fantastic if you're watching it for the right reasons, IE comedy. Watching Derek Acorah pretend to get possessed by some old dear is phenomenal television. Michael Jackson Seance as well, absolute genius.

I'd like to think if I was a ghost, I'd spend my time in womens changing rooms or getting into the cinema for free, and getting on planes for nothing and travelling to loads of different countries. Or sneaking onto the shuttle and going into space. Or just getting really close to a lions face and mocking it. Or do a Patrick Swyaze and try desperately to learn how to touch objects and then go to Old Trafford and keep deflecting the ball. But you never hear about them ghosts, just boring bastards who do the same shit they did in their lives. 'My Grandad died, and then came back as a ghost and sat in the same chair he always used to sit in'. It just doesn't ring true. Like, if they've got unfinished business then how is doing the same stuff going to finish it? You never hear about Swayze ghosts solving murders. just boring ghosts. And how is a ghost dog going to solve its unfinished business by coming back and clawing at a door and whimpering?

Which makes me think ghosts might not be real.....

Ghost dog, you say?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: February 5, 2013, 12:35:47 pm »
Cracker.  ;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline theredguy03

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: February 5, 2013, 01:04:39 pm »
On Youtube there's a paranormal series called Haunted Britain, I find the OTT methods to create witness accounts very amusing using such devices as a face of a ghost in a mirror, ghost 'pressing' down on somebody aka sleep paralysis, pop-up of a ghost. :)

The interviewees always say that the ghost/spirit is evil. I suppose if there were Casper type ghosts, the programme would be worthless.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: February 5, 2013, 02:03:09 pm »
The interviewees always say that the ghost/spirit is evil. I suppose if there were Casper type ghosts, the programme would be worthless.

There's surely room on the telly for a new phenom who only gets in touch with friendly ghosts who are up for a bit of a laugh. Maybe pirate ghosts who have treasure buried.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #749 on: February 5, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOOIfYYuT0

Anyone been there and witnessed something strange? My cousin was there last summer, but according to him its nothing too special :D

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #750 on: February 5, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »
.....Anyone been there ...

Yes, several times over the years, and all on my own on a few occasions, and I've never seen or heard anything that could be described as strange whatsoever.

These stories are made up bollocks, flights of imagination, as are all ghost stories, and curiously their propagation seems to largely originate with the explosion of Edinburgh Ghost tour companies in the 90's.

(I've been told that there are estimated to be well over 500,000 bodies interred in Greyfriars, it dates to Medieval times at least. The ground was originally flat but over the centuries the bones and coffins of the rotted bodies of the older burials would be pummelled down to allow further burials on top of them to take place, hence the raised appearance of the cemetery in relation to the footpaths now. The layers, the records of who's actually buried and exactly where over the years, are available in the Scottish Records Office.)

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #751 on: February 5, 2013, 04:02:04 pm »
One of the main reasons that makes me wonder about it all is that the dead people to ghosts ratio is highly disproportionate.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #752 on: February 5, 2013, 04:17:15 pm »
One of the main reasons that makes me wonder about it all is that the dead people to ghosts ratio is highly disproportionate.

Exactly.

I once came up with a crude means of estimating the number of bodies in a typical old style small town or village graveyard before cremation became prevalent.

(Population of the area that the graveyard is for) / (Average Life Span of the population) = Death Rate per year (assuming equal birth/death ratio and constant population).

So for example...

If the population of the community is (only) 1500 and the average life expectancy of the community member is 65....

1500/65= 23 deaths per year so in 100 years there would be around 2300 burials and in 1000 years 20700.

That's an awful lot of ghosts that seem to be missing from these graveyards.

We should be seeing hordes of them if their existence is to believed.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: February 5, 2013, 04:42:55 pm »

I'm more interested in ghost animals.

Loads of stories about ghost dogs or ghost cats, occassionally a ghost horse.

Ever heard of a ghost lion? Or a ghost sloth appearing in peoples wardrobes? I've never heard of a ghost velociraptor, but surely all dinosaurs have unfinished business? Or a poacher being tormented by the ghost of a hornless rhino wanting vengeance for chopping his horn off? Yet there's loads of stories about people being haunted by the ghosts of faithful dogs and cats.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #754 on: February 5, 2013, 05:43:24 pm »
Why have I never been in this thread before? :lmao

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: February 5, 2013, 06:03:17 pm »

Ever heard of a ghost lion? Or a ghost sloth appearing in peoples wardrobes? I've never heard of a ghost velociraptor, but surely all dinosaurs have unfinished business? Or a poacher being tormented by the ghost of a hornless rhino wanting vengeance for chopping his horn off? Yet there's loads of stories about people being haunted by the ghosts of faithful dogs and cats.

Ghost dinosaurs are a big hole in the theory.

There were billions and billions of them, yet no ghost dinosaurs?

Also, the idea of being a ghost and getting in a lions face to mock it made me burst out laughing. ;D
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: I saw a ghost tonight.
« Reply #756 on: February 5, 2013, 08:56:56 pm »

this and your other post made me fucking laugh ,class

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #757 on: February 5, 2013, 09:03:03 pm »
This thread is fucking gold.

My favourite thread on RAWK - not from a piss take viewpoint but from a morbid curiosity viewpoint. Fascinating stuff.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: February 5, 2013, 09:30:23 pm »
Thanks for the links mate.  :)

Like I said I don't necessarily believe in this shit but what I want to know is  where the fuck do the spirits of a witch and another woman in a red dress fit in all this bullshit.  ;D

I had a dream few weeks back it happened on two night's straight and I saw this witch again.

What the fuck is going on?  :-\
« Last Edit: February 5, 2013, 09:32:12 pm by Samie The Red »

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #759 on: February 9, 2013, 01:14:44 am »
Just for observational reasons I was watching Colin Fry earlier. He's an absolute fraud as has been found out as such but it got me thinking about mediums in general. My uncle went to see one after his wife passed as she was deeply into it and he had always been sceptical at best, in fact he used to mock her about her beliefs quite often!

So he went to have a personal reading up where he lives near Glasgow, this is about 18 months back. The medium said to him I have your wife here, Angela. He went on to say about how she finds it so amusing he's came to a medium after the stick he gave her. Correctly said how she passed, names of their kids, and how he shouldn't feel wrong about going to visit New York again which was where they went on honeymoon. Now to my uncle it doesn't actually matter too much if the medium guessed and hit the jackpot, to him it's brought comfort which cannot be understated.

Now, I guess everybodys reaction would be the medium guessed and used cold calling and this time he was right? I'm not saying it's not that, I just wondered how the hell he was so accurate.

« Last Edit: February 9, 2013, 01:16:55 am by SFiasco »