Author Topic: Mass shooting in Christchurch NZ  (Read 23364 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Mass shooting in Christchurch NZ
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2019, 12:49:38 pm »
I was sickened to awake to this news today. Yet another pointless, needless tragedy committed by lunatics.

The Far-Right have been gaining ground for some time now. I've noticed it in Europe when I've been there, especially in Poland. Since Brexit and the likes of Trump it's been legitimised in the eyes of many to be full of hate for anyone different. It's a tragedy on a worldwide scale. Hate absolutely everywhere.

The irony with these brainless morons is that they are the flip-side of the same coin with the extremists attaching themselves to Islam. Both ISIS and the Far-Right groom young people and radicalise them. Both are basically movements with Fascist ideology. They are one and the same, but think they are polar opposites. The only difference is the flag they stand under. The mindset is exactly the same. Brainless, stupid, moronic, hate-filled scumbags the lot of them.

Hopefully a few people will now also wake up and look to address Far-Right grooming and radicalisation. It's crazy how it's taken off since Trump and Brexit. Of course, the hatred is always there in some people, but recent times have seen the vile racist emboldened and almost being given the seal of approval and acceptability in some quarters.

Another thing is just how easy it has been to gift the likes of ISIS and its sympathisers exactly what they wanted. The Far-Right walk right into the trap by giving the likes of ISIS the guerrilla war they crave within our communities. They want communities in the free world full of suspicion, resentment, anger, fear and hate. They want communities at each others throats. By committing the very same atrocities as them, the Far-Right play into their hands and further polarise communities and also further fuel and legitimise the next inevitable ISIS-inspired murder spree. Basically we have two murderous ideologies that pretend to be opposites but who are actually one and the same. In the middle of the two are the innocent victims of these two stains on humanity.

RIP all those who lost their lives in this tragic  and senseless murder.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:52:55 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2019, 01:01:39 pm »
Time now for the political right to take the Fascists to their right seriously. That means cutting out the anti-immigrant rhetoric and ramping down on nationalism.

A terrible crime has been committed in New Zealand. Solidarity with our brothers and sisters.   

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2019, 01:06:39 pm »
Time now for the political right to take the Fascists to their right seriously. That means cutting out the anti-immigrant rhetoric and ramping down on nationalism.

Cant speak for anywhere else but Australia is about to have an election so you can be sure that wont happen in the short term.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2019, 01:12:38 pm »
RIP

Words fail me at this time.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2019, 01:20:49 pm »

A terrible crime has been committed in New Zealand. Solidarity with our brothers and sisters.   

How do you ramp down on it? Serious question.

The same applies to Islamic extremists, you can only monitor so many.

The worse thing is it just seems to get worse and worse, every attack prompts further attacks and more hate. I've never seen so much divide across the Western World in my life time.

:D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2019, 01:59:20 pm »
It's the nature of this that got me. Casually strolling around, as if he was just out getting a carton of milk, executing innocent people, all the while knowing he was doing it hosting a live audience. Not a single second did he seem flustered or bothered. It was just almost casual. The broadcasting live aspect of it all for the gratification and attention of like-minded people. It's something Orwellian, and would have been written as a warning of such back before the explosion of the internet, smartphones and social media. It's a science fiction prophecy from yesteryear come true, and it's fucking frightening to think it's starting to become a more and more common thing in today's society.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2019, 02:45:38 pm »

Sickening.

If these people were brown and this was about some act of violence by ISIS they would all be on a terror watch list and no-fly lists, and rightly so. But far too easily, governments, law enforcement agencies, and social media just laugh these assholes off as "racist trolls" as if that type of thinking is somehow different than the type of ideology Islamic fundamentalist terrorist spread.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2019, 02:47:51 pm »
Not a single NZ flag or pray for new Zealand picture on my Facebook profile.
Sign of the time's.
bollocks

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2019, 03:33:01 pm »
It is being reported as a terrorist attack and this sort of rhetoric isn’t really helpful is it? In fact I would go as far to say it is the kind of thing this bellend and his right-wing nut jobs would say!

RIP to all those poor innocent souls.x

Many places still have Mass shootings as the headlines and the fucking reporter at the BBC felt the need to put terrorist attack in quotations.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2019, 03:40:59 pm »

Many places still have Mass shootings as the headlines and the fucking reporter at the BBC felt the need to put terrorist attack in quotations.
Was about to say this. Why do they feel the need to have inverted commas on it? That's sometimes done to undermine a word, and nowhere in a title header is it being used on the BBC News page? I'm also seeing words like "allegeded" and "apparent". Well, at least they were there, but have since been edited out. Laughable.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2019, 03:43:12 pm »
Horrendous news and an awful event for the community affected.
The focus is obviously on the perpetrator but there's a vile network of influence around these sick c*nts. Authorities should be able to intercept hatred and take action even if it effects freedom of speech.

Dozens of decent human lives have been ended and hundreds ruined simply because of hate. Absolute shithouses.

RIP.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2019, 04:08:55 pm »
Why is there always so much argument about whether an attack is terrorist or not?  I’ve never understood it as anything other than an attack carried out for political motives; something carried about by an organisation rather than by attacker(s) acting alone.  So while this looks like an obvious terrorist attack, that can’t ever be known without a bit of investigation.

But what do people in general think the word means now?  I get the impression that they are working on the basis that it’s a qualitative indicator, of something ‘we’ condemn specially.

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2019, 04:17:16 pm »
An unreal level of violence, it is quite hard to reconcile, 49 dead, that number reads like a warzone.

Surely they must have been communicating or planning it? Frightening how easily this happened.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2019, 04:18:20 pm »
Why is there always so much argument about whether an attack is terrorist or not?  I’ve never understood it as anything other than an attack carried out for political motives; something carried about by an organisation rather than by attacker(s) acting alone.  So while this looks like an obvious terrorist attack, that can’t ever be known without a bit of investigation.

But what do people in general think the word means now?  I get the impression that they are working on the basis that it’s a qualitative indicator, of something ‘we’ condemn specially.

I have a idea but I am staying away from all news for a few days.

Pretty sure that he has put plenty out their to prove his motives were terroristic and then there's the fact that e actually terrorised a specific section of a cities population.

Was the Manchester bombing a terrorist attack in you view ?

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2019, 04:26:33 pm »

I have a idea but I am staying away from all news for a few days.

Pretty sure that he has put plenty out their to prove his motives were terroristic and then there's the fact that e actually terrorised a specific section of a cities population.

Was the Manchester bombing a terrorist attack in you view ?
Yes it was.  So is this, even the NZ PM has said so, but I can see why the BBC isn’t committing yet (though nb that I’m deliberately not seeking out details either).

To be honest I didn’t have the facts of this attack in mind, it’s just something that’s been gnawing at me since (I think) the Orlando nightclub shootings, there was almost a sense of victory in getting that described as ‘terrorist’, and now seeing people almost taking offence today, or assuming it wouldn’t be called ‘terrorist’, I’m interested in what the word is mutating to mean now.

It’s a side point obviously.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2019, 04:30:52 pm »
If the attacker is brown then it is always a terrorist attack,if not then there's always a reluctance to call a spade a spade.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2019, 04:31:18 pm »

Let me explain as a Muslim. The word terrorist seems to be reserved for Muslims. If 3 muslim has done the same, the media will be saying 'terrorist'. But when 3 whites does it, it is called 'shooting'. So those who are not that smart will identify 1.8 billion as terrorist.

I am not joking, when Isis does this shit, the media try their best to potray 'why are the muslims doing this'. So i hope i have explain well enough.

We are living in very bad times. It is the responsibility of everybody with a thinking brain, to do something if they know someone who are having this thought of attacking muslims, jews or anybody. I know this might sound cliche but we are all the same (sons and daughter of Adam). We hate violence. Islam means peace by the way.

Dont let a few thousands radicals like Al Qaeda, IsSIS potray all 1.8 billion of us in a bad light. We dont support them like how normal Christians with a brain don't support the KKK.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2019, 04:35:13 pm »
Also ISIS murdered far more muslims than non-muslims, but that's a separate discussion.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2019, 04:36:45 pm »
Let me explain as a Muslim. The word terrorist seems to be reserved for Muslims. If 3 muslim has done the same, the media will be saying 'terrorist'. But when 3 whites does it, it is called 'shooting'. So those who are not that smart will identify 1.8 billion as terrorist.

The use of the word terrorism to define a violent action is a political choice, not an objective view,
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2019, 04:43:49 pm »
Thanks, I can understand that.  I don’t want to prolong this, we can maybe pick it up another time.

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2019, 04:52:37 pm »
The use of the word terrorism to define a violent action is a political choice, not an objective view,

I get what you mean. Do you think those who are watching fox news in America knows? They are being fed all Muslims are terrorist directly or indirectly and they are believing the myth. So if they get a new neighbour, they will have a couple of terrorist next door. That is what they are being programmed to think. This is wrong. Really wrong.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2019, 04:54:58 pm »
Thanks, I can understand that.  I don’t want to prolong this, we can maybe pick it up another time.

Yes true. Lets pray no mosque, synagogue, church or temple will get the same attack in the near future. This live video might convice another nutcase to follow what this idiots were doing.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2019, 05:08:19 pm »
This may not be the complete picture of the murderers motivation but gives some ideas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47579243

For example;

"The names of men convicted of killing Muslims and migrants are written on the suspect's weaponry.

One item had the words "For Rotherham" written on it, a reference to a child abuse scandal in the UK, while other wording referenced historical battles between European countries and the Ottoman Empire."

Same mentality as ISIS who yearn for a medieval world.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2019, 05:23:32 pm »
Bellingcat has a good article on where internet culture and extremism met in this.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2019, 05:58:54 pm »

Sickening.
Social media really has become a plague of modern times.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2019, 06:10:36 pm »

Sickening.

I hope each and everyone of these c*nts die a painful slow death.

Sickening attack.

RIP.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2019, 06:42:03 pm »
I abhor violence of any kind to any person or any animal.

It has sickened me hearing of this today      :(

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2019, 06:52:21 pm »
I hope each and everyone of these c*nts die a painful slow death.

Sickening attack.

RIP.

Surely all these people will "become of interest" to the Security Services?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2019, 07:04:01 pm »

I think realistically unless they have a history of posting this type of stuff they would be very low priority. Mind you it should be fairly easy for the authorities to send some type of message to them saying their comments are noted and detailing the legislation and the consequences of breaching it, assuming NZ law is the same as ours.

And if the authorities do this cue the "free speech" whining.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2019, 08:52:43 pm »
Broken white men and the racist media that fuels their terrorism

More specifically, Tarrant represents the dangerous convergence between broken white men and extreme right-wing media, bearing in mind that 100 per cent of all terrorist attacks carried out on US soil in 2018 were carried out by right-wing extremists, with the Southern Poverty Law Centre crediting a “toxic combination of political polarisation, anti-immigrant sentiment and modern technologies that help spread propaganda online”.

These kind of attacks are being carried out in increased frequency and ferocity in mosques, synagogues, and black churches throughout the Western world, with a notable common denominator: the gunmen are always white, male and fuelled by consumption of right-wing media.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/white-broken-men-the-20190315-p514ml.html?fbclid=IwAR3W2FWTj46osrOvi4plq9MrMJFYe2s8Zly8R8TiVb0Kd36zeY13FyROldI
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2019, 09:02:55 pm »
How do you ramp down on it? Serious question.

In Australia, you could start by not having the Prime Minister refer to asylum seekers as "rapists, paedophiles and murderers" that the opposition party will open the floodgates to if they win the upcoming election.

All the pollies (except the 19-vote prize c*nt) are making the right noises now, but their rhetoric has contributed to the toxic mix.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:38 pm »
I got sent a link with an archived thread from the site he posted on called 8chan.

I'm not sure how these sites are allowed to exist. It made for some disgusting reading, and literally every single person posting on there is a scumbag. Literally, it blows my mind how these are actually real people. They're all the same too. Like clones of one another. I suppose they'd have to be, seeing the criteria is generally a severe lack of intelligence and any kind of free or critical thinking. They need their doors kicked down their halls, and dragged into the courts and publicly shamed. If they've jobs, they need to lose those too and be made to do community service in places and with the people they hate.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:48 pm »
In Australia, you could start by not having the Prime Minister refer to asylum seekers as "rapists, paedophiles and murderers" that the opposition party will open the floodgates to if they win the upcoming election.

All the pollies (except the 19-vote prize c*nt) are making the right noises now, but their rhetoric has contributed to the toxic mix.

And the POTUS who just used the same sentiment when crying about having to use his veto.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2019, 09:16:48 pm »
Definitely not a white suprematist terror attack. More than likely a mental health issue according to DJT.

In a press conference after he vetoed Congress’ attempt to end his national emergency over border wall funding, Trump was asked various questions in relation to the mass shootings at two mosques in New Zealand on Friday. According to a pool report, one reporter asked the president if he saw a rise in white nationalism around the world.

“I don’t really,” Trump responded. “I think it’s a small group of people that have very, very serious problems, I guess. If you look what happened in New Zealand, perhaps that’s the case. I don’t know enough about it yet. … But it’s certainly a terrible thing.”
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2019, 09:22:55 pm »
I doubt the media will ever willingly give up their 'right' to sensationalise, demonise, dehumanise and dog whistle, thus intentionally or unintentionally (and even the fact that I have to write that is disgraceful) inciting others, and then sitting back and insisting that "it's not our fault guv, we're just reporting the news innit?".

I mean the media could do so much to alter their appraoch and tone, but they won't.

Only legislation can change that, but that's a can of 'free expression' worms which we should all worry about. And social media compounds things a millionfold.

And people - individuals - will continue to be easily exercised and incited, because they lack the conceptual tools to be able to channel their emotions constructively and positively, and because we have created a culture in which macho, tooled-up, combatitive behaviour is valorised and too many can't separate mythopoetic entertainment from the actions of reality. There are deeper issues, maybe, as well about the lack of outlet for the 'heroic' impulse and stuff like that which academics will write copiously about, but which none of us really understand or know how to deal with, and most will just dismiss.

And that's before we even begin to bring despicable politicians into the mix

So there's no easy way out. People will continue to be incited all across the world, and people will continue to be killed. We're literally powerless to stop the inevitable unfolding.

It's a shitshow. I haven't felt this negative about humanity for a long time. Sorry to use this place as a dumping ground.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2019, 09:30:04 pm »
Just heard that old chestnut that videogames are partly to blame for this on the BBC.

FUCK-ING-HELL!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2019, 09:32:02 pm »
Quote from: James O'Brien
I can't find all the tweets from American gun nuts explaining how today's tragedy couldn't have happened if everyone in the mosques had been armed. Can't think why.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2019, 10:12:19 pm »
Definitely not a white suprematist terror attack. More than likely a mental health issue according to DJT.

400lbs too probably.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2019, 10:17:45 pm »
They've got to be haven't they yorky, reactions like that are criminal and they must be traceable. Any decent international society would ensure custodial sentences for each one where ever the cowards are.