Author Topic: Mass shooting in Christchurch NZ  (Read 23474 times)

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mass shooting in Christchurch NZ
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 04:27:32 am »
Summary as at 1720 hrs NZ time (0420 GMT). Two mosques in Christchurch have been attacked by gunmen (believed to be at least two). There are multiple fatalities according to the police. All schools in the city are in lockdown. One shooter has been arrested - it's believed that there are others. The attacks took place at Friday prayers (1340 NZT)

The Bangladesh cricket team were apparently in or near the main mosque attacked. The Christchurch test has been cancelled.

Patchy information still but it has been announced on the news that the shooter may be an Australian, and there is a white supremacist manifesto published by this individual.

We're all in shock, this kind of things doesn't happen here. Our Muslim brothers and sisters have been here for more than a hundred years and never had anything like this happen. It's terrorism, and I wish the news outlets would term it such. It's created by Trump and Frottage and all those vile hate mongers.

Update from the Police Commissioner at 1730. Multiple "significant casualties". Four people in custody. Schools still in lockdown and police advice is for no-one to attend late Friday prayers at any mosque in the country. IEDs in cars have been discovered and defused.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:33:57 am by Banquo's Ghost »
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:52:47 am »
Apparently one of the shooters live streamed it. He's a white supremacist who praised Trump in his manifesto. Shocker that.

Thoughts are with the victims.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 05:01:07 am »
The sick c*nt broadcast himself live as he shot people. He'd half a dozen weapons on him, shotguns and assault rifles. Anyone that wasn't white was a target, stopping his car and shooting through his window. Neo nazi scumbag, and the post above mentioning Frottage and Trump is spot on. Those two c*nts sprang to my mind and have a lot to answer for. Fuckin sick times we live in now.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 06:04:08 am »
Can we change the title to 'Terrorist attack in Christchurch' ?

Time to face up to this ugliness that freely walks amongst us once and for all. Apparently the guy had been boasting about planning the attack on social media and no one reported him. Pity the lives that could have been saved.

'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 06:29:07 am »
40 dead, 23 in critical condition. Suspect has identified himself as an Australian from Grafton a regional town in northern NSW.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 06:30:07 am »
The Prime Minister has just confirmed that 40 people have lost their lives. There are 20 more very seriously injured. Some 48 more with gunshot wounds.

Four people in custody so far, one confirmed as an Australian citizen.

Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 06:39:33 am »
Horrendous thing to happen, pure terrorism, nothing else. Evil bastards.

NZ Prime Minister confirms that suspects cars had explosives attached to them as well.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 06:42:22 am »
More innocent people slaughtered for no reason.

Those poor people and their families .

And this will not achieve what this person intends. It will only bring communities closer together.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 06:44:27 am »
Shocking this. 

Inna lillahi wa inallah-e-raji'oon.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 06:52:31 am »
Pretty much the last place on Earth you’d think something like this would happen. Sickening. RIP

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 07:06:11 am »
There is a global far right problem. This can happen anywhere now. Terrorism was never limited to one community or part of society, despite what has been written on RAWK in recent years.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 07:16:45 am »
Live-streamed too. Just seen the video. What a fucking terrible time we live in.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 07:18:56 am »
Sickening RIP

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 07:57:04 am »
The NZ PM has called it. Change the title and start calling it what it is; a terrorist act.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 08:00:14 am »
Fucking sick bastards. Fuck them and fuck everyone legitimising them.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 08:01:07 am »
How depraved do you have to be to record yourself killing people? Utter c*nts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 08:03:13 am »
Totally shocking, what a world we live in now. Sympathy goes to the victim's and their families and friends, but words seem hollow at a time like this. As for the people who caused this I hope they rot in hell.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 08:03:58 am »
Shocking news. Just sickening.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 08:07:15 am »
Just when you think the world we live in can’t sink any lower  :'(

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 08:08:28 am »
Sickening news.
Sad sad world
RIP
bollocks

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 08:11:03 am »
Live-streamed too. Just seen the video. What a fucking terrible time we live in.

If you saw it on social media, report it and they'll take it down. Don't give the attackers the attention they crave
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 08:24:07 am »
Pretty much the last place on Earth you’d think something like this would happen. Sickening. RIP

I was just about to post the same. When I saw the initial report I assumed it would be somewhere in America and was shocked to see it was New Zealand.

Can't imagine the thought processes that gives anyone the right to kill innocent people just going about their normal life.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 08:25:20 am »

Why give them what they want by watching this shite?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 08:26:53 am »
Isn't this a terrorist attack? Oh wait, wrong sort of perp, and wrong sort of victim, right?

Well done Frottage, Trump and all the other right-wing scumbag enablers, you absolute cocks

Who's saying it isn't a terrorist attack? The NZ police have called it that and news reporting it's a white supremacist.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 08:27:36 am »
Yeh some clown just posted it in a group I'm in. I started watching it before realising what it was. Stopped straight away. Sick fucks spreading it around. Almost as sick as the c*nt who did it.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:30 am »
Who's saying it isn't a terrorist attack? The NZ police have called it that and news reporting it's a white supremacist.
You're right, I'm just lashing out and feeling despair.

Sorry all
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 08:30:54 am »
Very sad news to wake up to. This is the inevitable outcome when fascists and far right “free speech activists” are allowed to constantly put targets on the backs of the Muslim community through the dissemination of exaggerated tabloid clickbait distortions, outright fabrications and propaganda on social media and acquiesced by the media. Stochastic terrorism in action.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 08:33:11 am »
You're right, I'm just lashing out and feeling despair.

Sorry all

It somehow feels worse because it's NZ which has always come across as a decent country. A bit like the shock at Brevik's  terrorist attack in Norway, a country you just don't associate with mass killings.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 08:36:12 am »
It somehow feels worse because it's NZ which has always come across as a decent country. A bit like the shock at Brevik's  terrorist attack in Norway, a country you just don't associate with mass killings.
Yep, and Brevik's actions backfired as the country came together. I'm sure the same will happen in NZ. As you say the last place you'd expect this sort of thing.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 08:36:36 am »
Up to 49 dead apparently. Just absolutely despicable. The far right twats in the world like Trump, Frottage and that nut case in Brazil have alot to answer for. Unfortunately I suspect there'll be more attacks like this on the way as well.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 08:37:37 am »
Racist twats.

RIP to those lost.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 08:40:11 am »
Absolutely horrible. RIP to those that lost their lives.

These things were always going to happen given the likes of Trump, Frottage and all the other right-wing nutjobs

Terrible :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 08:40:37 am »
Just seen that Senator's statement. Fucking hell.

That guy should be stripped of office and arrested for inciting terrorism.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 08:41:21 am »

Sickening.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 08:44:57 am »
RIP...

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 08:48:39 am »
RIP and condolences to all affected.

With all the tensions building around the world it was only a matter of time before something like this happened but as others have said, New Zealand would have been the last place I'd expect it to happen.

With all the shenanigans happening in parliament last night I just dont see how we sort this shit out without further bloodshed.

The world is becoming a truly bleak place to be part of [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 09:00:13 am »
Mass shooting in a synagogue in America a few weeks ago, mass shooting in New Zealand today.. you don’t have to be a genius to draw the dots and wonder how we got here.

Whilst of course, “democracies” like our country are busy with in fighting and distraction, the real threats to civilised society go unchallenged and are allowed to disperse, colonise and breed via modern media. Much like a viral infection.

And then you have elected officials like Senator Anning saying the victims deserved it - followed by a violent quote from Matthew.

Cannot wait for space X and the other commercial flights to Mars to start so we can leave this planet to the fuckwits and start again

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 09:01:45 am »
Isn't this a terrorist attack? Oh wait, wrong sort of perp, and wrong sort of victim, right?

Well done Frottage, Trump and all the other right-wing scumbag enablers, you absolute cocks

It is being reported as a terrorist attack and this sort of rhetoric isn’t really helpful is it? In fact I would go as far to say it is the kind of thing this bellend and his right-wing nut jobs would say!

RIP to all those poor innocent souls.x

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 09:07:23 am »
It is being reported as a terrorist attack and this sort of rhetoric isn’t really helpful is it? In fact I would go as far to say it is the kind of thing this bellend and his right-wing nut jobs would say!

RIP to all those poor innocent souls.x
Quite right. I've deleted the post. It was a momentary frustration, and was really aimed at the enablers who will deny it's such a thing.

In fact the response from NZ has been impeccable. As I would expect, from that wonderful country