Author Topic: The Chesty Issues of the World  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The Chesty Issues of the World
« on: August 26, 2020, 09:38:46 am »
There seems to be quite a few kerfuffles in America at the moment with women getting done for being topless.

A similar situation happened in France as well

What is the feeling on this? Is it something that needs to be restricted so that 'someone is thinking of the children' or is it a misogynistic misguided attempt to restrict womens freedoms?

Personally I think it should be up to the woman. If it's OK for men to walk around topless then it is OK for women to do the same. Same with breastfeeding. One of the most natural things in the world - I think you've got to be some genuine weirdo to be 'offended' by it. I personally feel that it is a restriction on women and I do think it's OK for them to be treated the same as men. It might feel a little odd to some initially, but the long-term goal should be for people to not even care.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Chesty Issues of the World
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 09:47:21 am »
There seems to be quite a few kerfuffles in America at the moment with women getting done for being topless.

A similar situation happened in France as well

What is the feeling on this? Is it something that needs to be restricted so that 'someone is thinking of the children' or is it a misogynistic misguided attempt to restrict womens freedoms?

Personally I think it should be up to the woman. If it's OK for men to walk around topless then it is OK for women to do the same. Same with breastfeeding. One of the most natural things in the world - I think you've got to be some genuine weirdo to be 'offended' by it. I personally feel that it is a restriction on women and I do think it's OK for them to be treated the same as men. It might feel a little odd to some initially, but the long-term goal should be for people to not even care.

Only place men and women should be topless in public is on a beach.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 10:11:47 am »
I don't get why people are so offended by nipples.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 10:20:00 am »

Me neither.  I'm all for more public displays of womens breasts.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 10:22:47 am »
Don’t particularly care. Never got the massive hang up some people have with women being topless.

Obviously there are places where both men and women should have tops on, but otherwise if you’re happy for a fella to have his gut out then don’t see how you can complain if a woman has her top off too.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 10:27:01 am »

I’ve got nipples Sam. Could you milk me?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 11:08:03 am »
I’ve got nipples Sam. Could you milk me?

;D OK Bobby De Niro, I'll milk you...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 11:34:17 am »
No problem with it at all, and here in Spain it is absolutely accepted on all beaches. An awful lot of nudist beaches to. Again no issue. You get a lot of prudish people back home.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 12:06:24 pm »
No problem with it at all, and here in Spain it is absolutely accepted on all beaches. An awful lot of nudist beaches to. Again no issue. You get a lot of prudish people back home.

The problem arose on a beach in France where a family objected to two women topless even asking for police involvement. Very unusual for France.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 12:39:32 pm »
The problem arose on a beach in France where a family objected to two women topless even asking for police involvement. Very unusual for France.
Were they Brits on holiday? :)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 12:44:27 pm »

Well they were reading the Daily Mail, the tut tut paper edition not the online T&A version, so probably. :D

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 03:03:18 pm »
Here in Austria being topless at the swimming pool or at a lake has never been an issue. For as long as I can think back you always had one or the other woman sunbathing without a top on at the pool and nobody complained. I don't even think there were any discussions about whether that's appropriate or not.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2020, 05:16:17 pm »
France  down from 43% to 20% 20 odd years ago.... worrying times...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2020, 05:27:40 pm »
France  down from 43% to 20% 20 odd years ago.... worrying times...

Yep.  The continual rise of conservatism.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2020, 05:57:10 pm »
On beaches fine - doing their shopping in Homebargains no.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 06:28:39 pm »
On beaches fine - doing their shopping in Homebargains no.

Is that because, given the age demographic of HomeBargains shoppers, there's a danger of entanglement in the trolley wheels?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 06:31:47 pm »
Personally I think it should be encouraged
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2020, 07:58:15 pm »
One of the nipples -- the ugly giant one - sneered at the police and said "Do you know who I am?"
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2020, 08:58:19 pm »
I think it’s as much about the rampant sexualisation of women’s breasts (on reflection this may be conservatism).

People aren’t doing it for sexual reasons, yet the press and media have sexualised the female body so much that it makes it seem that way.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2020, 01:20:31 am »

Just ask them why Eve was naked in the garden of Eden if its so bad :)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2020, 01:24:29 am »
Just ask them why Eve was naked in the garden of Eden if its so bad :)

She wasn't. There was a feather boa... ;)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 01:38:04 am »
There's a time and a place. If we are talking about beaches then I don't see the problem.

We've been nude sunbathing and snorkelling in Formentera and no one bats an eyelid there.

My partner goes topless when sunbathing abroad if local laws are ok with it, but wouldn't do it here. Too many juvenile weirdos in this country.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2020, 03:47:49 am »
There's a time and a place. If we are talking about beaches then I don't see the problem.

I think the point is though mate that the time and place is different for men and women.  If a guy walks down the street with no shirt in Aus (happens way to often for a country with our skin cancer rates) no one bats an eyelid.  If a woman does she's probably copping a fine, being forced to cover up, possibly both.  I remember a video that showed exactly that.  Man and woman standing next to each other topless.  Cops arrive on scene and force her cover her breasts.

Same issue exists online.  Male nipples are permitted across the board but female ones aren't.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2020, 07:03:18 am »
Putting the humour to one side.

Have any women replied to this thread or do we just assume that we 'males' tell the women that they can go topless if they want to because we think it's okay?

It's like having a white spokesperson for the BLM movement - seems patronisingly ironic.

Yes dear, we men have decided that you can get your tits out whenever you want.

How's about we let them decide?

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2020, 08:01:02 am »

Have any women replied to this thread or do we just assume that we 'males' tell the women that they can go topless if they want to because we think it's okay?

It's like having a white spokesperson for the BLM movement - seems patronisingly ironic.

I'll give a more detailed response later but I've found it's more the females that have chosen not to in an attempt to stop pervy men thinking it's ok to oggle.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2020, 08:51:47 am »

We've been nude sunbathing and snorkelling in Formentera and no one bats an eyelid there.

My partner goes topless when sunbathing abroad if local laws are ok with it, but wouldn't do it here. Too many juvenile weirdos in this country.

So next time I'm in Lark Lane I see a nudist wearing a snorkel I'll shout out ' It's SoS himself'. :D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2020, 10:28:07 am »
I'll give a more detailed response later but I've found it's more the females that have chosen not to in an attempt to stop pervy men thinking it's ok to oggle.

My missus wears an E cup and she hates being gawked at by men
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2020, 11:51:13 am »

Isn't that the whole point? That mostly men (as they are immensely over-represented in governments in the vast majority of countries around the world) are making the decision that women don't get to decide whether to walk round topless?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2020, 12:15:42 pm »

Isn't that the whole point? That mostly men (as they are immensely over-represented in governments in the vast majority of countries around the world) are making the decision that women don't get to decide whether to walk round topless?

Exactly. With topless beaches they can decide. Without topless beaches they can´t. No one is denying access to those with clothes.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2020, 08:52:33 pm »
So next time I'm in Lark Lane I see a nudist wearing a snorkel I'll shout out ' It's SoS himself'. :D

Sounds good.   8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2020, 08:59:04 pm »
One of the nipples -- the ugly giant one - sneered at the police and said "Do you know who I am?"
I made a fine joke about Harry Maguire - a damn fine joke, so timely -- and no one laughed.

I feel like such a tit. :'(

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2020, 09:14:14 pm »
I think the point is though mate that the time and place is different for men and women.  If a guy walks down the street with no shirt in Aus (happens way to often for a country with our skin cancer rates) no one bats an eyelid.  If a woman does she's probably copping a fine, being forced to cover up, possibly both.  I remember a video that showed exactly that.  Man and woman standing next to each other topless.  Cops arrive on scene and force her cover her breasts.

Same issue exists online.  Male nipples are permitted across the board but female ones aren't.
Oh, I get that. There are clearly double standards.

For what it's worth, I also think there is a time and place for males to walk around topless too. I'm not keen on seeing men with their tops off on the street, definitely not on public transport. Down on the beach, sunbathing in the garden or whatever, all good. That's just personal preference on my part.

The nipple 'issue' is probably more complex than it should be. I mean we all have them. For a time in the womb, we are all female, hence why males still have them. Thing is, female nipples are still functional in both baby-feeding capacity and sexually. Of course, the female nipple has been highly sexualised, thus will 'offend' numerous different groups of people.

The wholly redundant male nipple attracts no attention at all, yet the female equivalent can start wars, it seems.

To be honest, I find it really weird that anyone can be offended by a body part, but that's the world we live in.

My partner will go topless on a beach that permits it, but wouldn't walk around even near the beach without a top on. To do so would be to attract all manner of unwanted attention, then accusations of ''well, you were asking for it'' if anyone gets a bit lairy.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2020, 09:15:11 pm »
I made a fine joke about Harry Maguire - a damn fine joke, so timely -- and no one laughed.

I feel like such a tit. :'(
I laughed, but I just didn't post to let you know.  :)