Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1043114 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #4680 on: September 2, 2019, 02:17:10 pm »
Tyler sounds like someone killed his cat when United, City, or one of his other pet clubs concede a goal, or we score, Tyler should have been forced to retire long ago. :butt
#Sausages

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4681 on: September 2, 2019, 06:36:42 pm »
Tim Sherwood's up there. Talks utter drivel.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #4682 on: September 2, 2019, 06:39:45 pm »
if youse hate crooks so much stop clicking on his fucking bbc website column.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4683 on: September 2, 2019, 10:25:51 pm »
Tim Sherwood's up there. Talks utter drivel.

I quite like Tim Sherwood for some reason. I mean, he's a wally but the way he really believes what he is saying even though its nonsense most of the time makes him  amusing, but only in small doses mind. Sort of like your man Karl Pilkinton.

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4684 on: September 2, 2019, 10:32:22 pm »
Most are not very good but the good ones (tv) for me are, Arlo White, Lee Dixon, Graham Le Soux.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4685 on: September 2, 2019, 10:47:34 pm »
Mourinho is turning out to be a good pundit.  He's a bit chippy at times but his insights are far above almost anybody else.  I'm predisposed to dislike him but he's more palatable when he's not sweating the 0.001% gains like he was during his time as a manager.

Probably not a popular opinion but I think Shearer is pretty good.  He lets himself down from time-to-time by picking a seemingly deliberately contentious point to hang his hat on and then doubling down when he's proved wrong.  His commentary of the second leg vs. Barca was excellent.

Tim Cahill was dreadful on MotD.  I'm guessing it's not a particularly popular gig amongst ex-players because of the timings but I can't believe Jenas and Cahill is the best they could find.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4686 on: September 3, 2019, 04:40:36 am »
Exactly.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4687 on: September 3, 2019, 11:55:16 pm »
Okay, can we stop quoting Garth, a massive cockwomble (my 14 year old boy described him as thus). He is a token, ffs, as are Jenas and Mark fucking Bright before him. I fucking abhor racism. Garth fucking Crooks sets it back not forward cos he is a lighthouse that never shines a light...weird.
You're saying this in a thread full of idiotic and unqualified white pundits? C'mon, token is a disgusting word.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4688 on: September 4, 2019, 12:16:24 am »
Is the right answer, he's a simpleton with no neck, that makes outlandish claims to try and appear edgy, really he says it just to try and stay relevant, he's a blert.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4689 on: September 4, 2019, 08:26:35 am »
Have to throw Ray Parlour in here. He's been having his say on Michael Owen, kind of puts it to bed with his comparison with a situation he faced.
He reckons you don't go somewhere you won't like, no matter what the money is like. He should of stopped talking there because he then said just before he retired, he could maybe have got himself a contract with Southend, but he would only have been going there for the money if he did.
Also said he loved living in Middlesborough, and that he once pinned Emanual Petit against a wall and threatened to cut his Ponytail off if he didn't say good morning to everyone every day.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #4690 on: September 12, 2019, 04:14:25 pm »
There are a lot of shite commentators - the ones that don't actually tell you anything new, but in fact either copy stuff from elsewhere, or worse, just make shite up.

Top of that pile has to be Garth Crooks!

He is also guaranteed to also throw in something controversial just to get a "conversation going".

Throws in his personal opinions just to "remain relevant".

In other news...
Kelly Cates: what accent does she have? I can't place it.
I know she was born in Glasgow and grew up on Merseyside (?), but her accent sounds like neither scouse nor scots.
Anyone know?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4691 on: September 14, 2019, 07:32:39 pm »
"When you come into the Premier League, you want your striker to score goals." - Jamie Redknapp
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4692 on: September 17, 2019, 09:52:34 pm »
Which is really strange, as their main commentator sounds bored as fuck all the time. A huge goal will go in and in the same tone as always he just says "and thats a goal for Liverpool" or whoever is playing.
He’s just so boring to listen to.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4693 on: September 17, 2019, 10:10:05 pm »
Some of the stuff people come out with now is getting stupid. I was on a long drive today, and in the space of a couple of hours I heard Darren Gough on the radio saying about the Aston Villa players arguing. Said it was ok, unacceptable, shouldn't be booked because they do it in the dressing room anyway at half time. When the very obvious point that this is not on the pitch was pointed out his reply was "but its still part of the 90 minute game". Idiot.
Not to worry Danny Murphy was on soon. He says Henderson is coming to the end of his career, and Barca would struggle tonight because Messi wasnt even in the squad. Must of been his brother that played.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #4694 on: September 18, 2019, 03:20:42 pm »
It's so sad to realize that Didi Hamann is a colossal fuckwit.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4695 on: September 18, 2019, 07:25:07 pm »
Andy Hinchcliffe, insufferable when he's co commentator, always whinging defender error, like he was perfect specimen of a defender in his playing career. :butt
#Sausages

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4696 on: September 18, 2019, 07:50:52 pm »
It's so sad to realize that Didi Hamann is a colossal fuckwit.

You are lucky to go this long without finding out  ;D

He’s dreadful, utterly clueless and vindictive with it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4697 on: September 19, 2019, 01:29:31 am »

In other news...
Kelly Cates: what accent does she have? I can't place it.
I know she was born in Glasgow and grew up on Merseyside (?), but her accent sounds like neither scouse nor scots.
Anyone know?

An accent cultivated from many years in a very expensive private school I'd say

I may be wrong like and she could have gone to Anfield Primary but not arsed anyway as she is ace no matter what she sounds like. :)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4698 on: September 22, 2019, 06:24:16 pm »
Have that you two bitter rats

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4699 on: September 22, 2019, 06:34:46 pm »
Martin Tyler is an abomination. Bitter old senile c*nt, it's time he retires.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4700 on: September 22, 2019, 06:35:39 pm »
An accent cultivated from many years in a very expensive private school I'd say

I may be wrong like and she could have gone to Anfield Primary but not arsed anyway as she is ace no matter what she sounds like. :)

She lived in Glasgow til she was two so has said she had a Scots accent as a kid and then grew up in Southport, where they have this really weird accent anyway, part wool/part scouse. She went to Merchant Taylors in Crosby.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4701 on: September 22, 2019, 06:37:27 pm »
Sky really need to let him go. Other than his obvious irrational hatred of us, he’s just a boring old twat now. Zero excitement these days, he’s done. Rob Hawthorne should be their main commentator, he’s the best at Sky.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4702 on: September 22, 2019, 06:39:16 pm »
He's being forced to watch the team he hates beat all comers and the team he loves get ripped to shreds, no wonder he's so miserable. Sky need to put him out of his misery and fuck him off asap.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4703 on: September 22, 2019, 06:41:28 pm »
Fucking hell, Martin Tyler.  What was all that stuff about not getting done for speeding if you do 51mph in a 50mph zone?

Is he suggesting that you should be allowed to be a little bit offside? What’s the limit then? 2cm? 10cm? A metre?

Strange man.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4704 on: September 22, 2019, 06:41:43 pm »
Sky really need to let him go. Other than his obvious irrational hatred of us, he’s just a boring old twat now. Zero excitement these days, he’s done. Rob Hawthorne should be their main commentator, he’s the best at Sky.

He's being forced to watch the team he hates beat all comers and the team he loves get ripped to shreds, no wonder he's so miserable. Sky need to put him out of his misery and fuck him off asap.

Fuck that, make him watch every second of it, no hiding for him and the rat faced c*nt when we eventually clinch it

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4705 on: September 22, 2019, 06:45:20 pm »
I generally think everybody overreacts with Tyler, but not today. That was painful to listen to.

What was this fortune and luck he kept whining on about? Chelsea had the two injuries and that’s it in terms of their bad luck. Being offside is not a case of luck.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4706 on: September 22, 2019, 06:55:50 pm »
He’s honestly going to end up having a seizure live on TV if us and United keep up this form.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4707 on: September 22, 2019, 06:59:15 pm »
He can do one, the old c*nt
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4708 on: September 22, 2019, 07:16:41 pm »
What was with his overreaction over Henderson touching the referee? :D You would think it was serious assault, but the replays showed nothing to get fussed about at all.

He used to be a great commentator in his time, but he's getting a bit senile with age.

They should promote Bill Leslie as the main commentator. He's by far the best Sky have.

That was strange as fuck, I was expecting an aggressive grab and attempted head butt or something the way he was going on, as it was he barely even touched the fabric of Oliver's shirt. Fucking weird c*nt.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4709 on: September 22, 2019, 07:33:18 pm »
Tyler and Neville together on a manky couch with the stuffing coming out and a big bag of jalapeno wotsits between them, watching Liverpool and United, over and over, and giving their opinions, showing their emotions. A merciless Gogglebox, if you like. Throw Garth Crooks in too, so they would have to fight for their share of the wotsits.
I'd call it TaNCs as a clever pun on the initial letters of their surnames, and the intro would be a slowed-down version of the Steptoe & Son theme tune to get the audience ready for the cringe to come. I can imagine it being a bit of a winner.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4710 on: September 22, 2019, 08:43:13 pm »
What was with his overreaction over Henderson touching the referee? :D You would think it was serious assault, but the replays showed nothing to get fussed about at all.
Yeh that struck me as well. They even went back for a replay on the back of Tyler's 'accusation' only to show that there was nothing. He seemed desperate for some controversy so began imagining it
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4711 on: September 22, 2019, 09:09:06 pm »
Fucking hell, Martin Tyler.  What was all that stuff about not getting done for speeding if you do 51mph in a 50mph zone?

Is he suggesting that you should be allowed to be a little bit offside? What’s the limit then? 2cm? 10cm? A metre?

Strange man.

It wasn't even just that, he went on and on about it for ages he just wouldn't let it go. Even when Carra said offside is a line, you're offside or you're not he said "that if you trust the technology".

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4712 on: September 22, 2019, 09:57:59 pm »

He used to be a great commentator in his time, but he's getting a bit senile with age.

They should promote Bill Leslie as the main commentator. He's by far the best Sky have.
I forgot that Henderson remark. No players reacted, neither did any fans...and yet he was outraged by it.

With you 100% on the Bill Leslie shout, easily their best commentator.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4713 on: September 22, 2019, 10:16:44 pm »
Roy "i know everything better than anyone" Keane is also becoming boring as fuck. I would like to see less of him.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4714 on: September 22, 2019, 10:17:42 pm »
Roy "i know everything better than anyone" Keane is also becoming boring as fuck. I would like to see less of him.
He's a dickhead

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4715 on: September 22, 2019, 10:28:25 pm »
He's a dickhead

Him, Scholes and Neville, whenever they get a chance, moaning and complaining all the time about Man fucking United, talking constantly about their good old days and their winning mentality back in the day - jeez, I don't know who's willing to listen to that crap every week! Get them off screen!

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4716 on: September 23, 2019, 12:16:55 pm »

Strange man.

Absolutely staggering but that's what Sky's lead commentator genuinely seemed to be suggesting.

I mean you can see his point, that would really stop any controversy over offside decisions wouldn't it.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4717 on: September 23, 2019, 12:39:04 pm »
Ridiculous, no doubt had we had a goal chalked off after VAR check Tyler would be crowing over it, he should retire or get sacked.
#Sausages

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4718 on: September 23, 2019, 01:13:55 pm »
I generally think everybody overreacts with Tyler, but not today. That was painful to listen to.

Couldn't agree more with this. It's always been obvious by his spontaneous reaction to goals for/against us that he's not fond of us (Benteke and Martial in the 3-1 loss under Rodgers comes to mind!). But by and large I think he does a better job of conveying impartiality than most people say. Not yesterday. I honestly thought he might have a little cry.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4719 on: September 23, 2019, 01:14:46 pm »
Martin Tyler is an abomination. Bitter old senile c*nt, it's time he retires.

Had to find another stream, insufferable.
@Yvanicuzz