Author Topic: Lionel Messi  (Read 921871 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Lionel Messi
« Reply #7360 on: July 5, 2017, 09:56:19 pm »
Ronaldo is still better though

Messi has more natural talent, Ronaldo had worked harder on his game and physique.

It's basically McEnroe Vs Ivan Lendl, only umm both have the records of Federer + Nadal combined.

If you get me, blud?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #7361 on: July 6, 2017, 09:11:58 pm »

I just was up the Home & Bargain and this caught my eye. Ronny wouldn't lower himself to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVzFB_LOdng

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #7362 on: July 7, 2017, 01:53:22 am »

I just was up the Home & Bargain and this caught my eye. Ronny wouldn't lower himself to this.

He'll never love you back. Now put your cock away and stop embarrassing yourself.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #7363 on: July 7, 2017, 02:28:16 am »

Of course he wouldn't.  ::)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C4zYt4roWWM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C4zYt4roWWM</a>

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7364 on: September 10, 2017, 05:03:06 pm »

Messi is 11 goals away from reaching the record number of goals scored in a single European league - and only 4 away from overtaking one Jimmy Greaves...

^ from https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6z8t4r/messi_is_just_11_goals_away_from_reaching_the/

5 goals in the 3 league games so far... he could crack it before the end of the month :)

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #7365 on: September 10, 2017, 06:05:29 pm »
Messi, he is already on the decline, don't you all know that?

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7366 on: September 10, 2017, 07:23:09 pm »
Couldn't lace Zidanes boots.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7367 on: September 10, 2017, 07:25:58 pm »
Oh no no no...

Zidane was a genius... but Messi is a level higher....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:37:44 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7368 on: September 10, 2017, 07:30:00 pm »
Oh no no no...

Aidan's was a genius... but Messi is a level higher....

Who is Aidan?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7369 on: September 10, 2017, 07:31:32 pm »

Come on now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7370 on: September 10, 2017, 07:32:09 pm »
Agreed, Ronaldinho was better.  8)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7371 on: September 10, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7372 on: September 10, 2017, 07:41:54 pm »
Come on now.

What? I find Zidane the most beautiful player stylistically ever. He made the game look so easy. 2006 World Cup he owned. Messi hasn't done that

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7373 on: September 10, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »
What? I find Zidane the most beautiful player stylistically ever. He made the game look so easy. 2006 World Cup he owned. Messi hasn't done that
That's different. Laudrup and such, graceful players are one thing. Messi scoring 12830128 goals all the time is another.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7374 on: September 10, 2017, 08:13:57 pm »
i think it's sarcasm and he's doubling down

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7375 on: September 10, 2017, 08:19:59 pm »

If a professional footballer couldn't lace a pair of boots by the time they are entering the late period of their career I despair for the sport.

But where he could obtain a pair of Zidane's boots?

Sources suggest Lionel Messi could turn to eBay, where rare football items pop up occasionally - but how will he ensure they are genuine? Lacing up a fake pair of 'Adidad' ZZ Gold Predators could cause the Argentinian ace a ton of embarrassment on the training ground.

The Institute for Studies recommends that he only dabble in professional auction houses - Sothebys might be a better bet.

Alternatively, he could wait for the next El Classico, and sneak into their dressing room. But what's that in Zizou's locker? Fucking hell, a pair of Lonsdale slipons.

Leo foiled again.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7376 on: September 10, 2017, 08:22:51 pm »
Zidane was brilliant but he never played to the level Messi has done week in week out for so long.

Players like Messi come about once every 25 years

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7377 on: September 10, 2017, 08:25:36 pm »
Zidane was brilliant but he never played to the level Messi has done week in week out for so long.

Players like Messi come about once every 25 years

I think you mean twice every 25 years.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7378 on: September 10, 2017, 08:28:06 pm »
I think you mean twice every 25 years.

haha good point

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7379 on: September 11, 2017, 05:55:18 am »
Another hattrick this weekend the man is a genius on the pitch.

You can try say zidane, ronaldo ronaldinho whofuckingever is better but you are wrong, he has it all he is what Gerrard was to the midfield ala he could pass like scholes, score like lampard tackle like keane/viera, the same way messi scores like ronaldo but also got the ability to make something out of nothing like zidane/ronaldinho for others. well maybe not but you get the idea.

The man has it all.
choose Life.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7380 on: September 11, 2017, 06:10:03 am »
We are getting to a stage where you will not be allowed any opinion that doesn't think he is the best that's ever done it. He is that good but in order to put a stamp on this he needs international success.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #7381 on: September 11, 2017, 06:12:37 am »
When Messi retires and people look back on how good he actually was the Zidane is better shouts will look sillier than they do now.

Zidane is one of my favourite players ever and an all time great but come on.

The fact that Higuain couldn't finish one of his chances in 2014 shouldn't take anything away for Leo and be used as something to take away from his unique genius.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #7382 on: September 11, 2017, 07:30:04 am »
Zidane is so overrated people using nostalgia here,  widely in consistent and never came close to matching the week in week out consistency of Messi and Ronaldo.  Insulting to these two who have been superhuman for the last 7-8 years to compare them to Zidane.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7383 on: September 11, 2017, 07:38:00 am »
Zidane is so overrated people using nostalgia here,  widely in consistent and never came close to matching the week in week out consistency of Messi and Ronaldo.  Insulting to these two who have been superhuman for the last 7-8 years to compare them to Zidane.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7384 on: September 11, 2017, 03:33:20 pm »
Zidane indeed was great but I agree with the above, he was inconsistent. For whatever reason, people only seem to remember his good games. A ton of games where had a good touch here and there, but otherwise largely ineffective. Nowadays, if Messi has 1 of these matches a month, he is said to be in decline and close to retirement. Zidane had such matches every other week.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #7385 on: September 11, 2017, 05:39:34 pm »
Zidane indeed was great but I agree with the above, he was inconsistent. For whatever reason, people only seem to remember his good games. A ton of games where had a good touch here and there, but otherwise largely ineffective. Nowadays, if Messi has 1 of these matches a month, he is said to be in decline and close to retirement. Zidane had such matches every other week.

Agreed - the parting quote from Gianni Agnelli at the time was ""Zidane?  Pił divertente che utile".  Maybe a bit harsh, but Gianni knew about football.

(Agnelli č sempre stato affezionato al campione francese e ammette: "Ci mancherą non c'č ombra di dubbio, ma se dopo cinque anni, anche per fare piacere alla moglie, che č lecito, uno vuole cambiare... non mi piace trattenere chi se ne vuole andare".)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7386 on: September 11, 2017, 05:48:42 pm »
I'm one of the biggest fans of Zidane you'll ever see but Messi has been clearly a level above him.
That being said, Messi is still a level below Wayne Rooney, a.k.a the White Pele.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7387 on: September 11, 2017, 06:34:07 pm »
Messi's better than Zidane was, but some of the shite written about ZZ in here is ridiculous.

Agreed - the parting quote from Gianni Agnelli at the time was ""Zidane?  Pił divertente che utile".  Maybe a bit harsh, but Gianni knew about football.

I wouldn't take the bitter ramblings of an owner (who's just seen his club being put firmly in its place by having its star player go to the biggest club in the world) too seriously. Ferguson knew infinitely more about football than Agnelli but it doesn't mean everything he said is to be taken seriously. Bitter people say stupid things sometimes. You don't need to take this as an accurate assessment of Zidane.

Messi is 11 goals away from reaching the record number of goals scored in a single European league - and only 4 away from overtaking one Jimmy Greaves...

Never ceases to amaze me how underrated Greaves is in his own country. 'Best English player ever' conversations usually revolve around Charlton, Moore & Gazza. Greaves was probably better than the lot of them.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7388 on: September 11, 2017, 11:49:02 pm »
Messi's better than Zidane was, but some of the shite written about ZZ in here is ridiculous.

I wouldn't take the bitter ramblings of an owner (who's just seen his club being put firmly in its place by having its star player go to the biggest club in the world) too seriously. Ferguson knew infinitely more about football than Agnelli but it doesn't mean everything he said is to be taken seriously. Bitter people say stupid things sometimes. You don't need to take this as an accurate assessment of Zidane.

Never ceases to amaze me how underrated Greaves is in his own country. 'Best English player ever' conversations usually revolve around Charlton, Moore & Gazza. Greaves was probably better than the lot of them.

This is an incredibly stupid sentence, spoken completely out of context.  Gianni Agnelli was Italian royalty, if he didn't want Zidane to leave, he wouldn't have left.  Simple as that. 

Gianni Agnelli controlled 5% of Italian GDP, he was the de facto figurehead of Italy, his sense of style is still celebrated 2 decades after his death, and you think he was put firmly in his place by Perez?  Flo is a nobody compared to Agnelli, let's get real.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/gallery/2011/mar/06/10-best-male-fashion-icons#/?picture=372310048&index=2
http://picturesofgianniagnelli.tumblr.com/image/65782667036
https://images01.localidautore.it/dbcrp/500/500/primopiano/jacqueline-kennedy-in-ravello-during-the-summer-o-2127.jpg

The exact quote, which I included in the original message says "We will miss him, without a shadow of a doubt, but if after 5 years and to please his wife, which is legitimate (reason) one wants to change, that's fine.  I don't like to keep players that don't want to be here."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:53:14 pm by ElCapo »

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7389 on: September 12, 2017, 12:58:25 am »

^ from https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6z8t4r/messi_is_just_11_goals_away_from_reaching_the/

5 goals in the 3 league games so far... he could crack it before the end of the month :)
Be very careful trying to overtake Jimmy Greaves, there's a lot of alcohol powering his steering.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7390 on: September 12, 2017, 11:31:57 am »
This is an incredibly stupid sentence, spoken completely out of context.  Gianni Agnelli was Italian royalty, if he didn't want Zidane to leave, he wouldn't have left.  Simple as that. 

Gianni Agnelli controlled 5% of Italian GDP, he was the de facto figurehead of Italy, his sense of style is still celebrated 2 decades after his death, and you think he was put firmly in his place by Perez?  Flo is a nobody compared to Agnelli, let's get real.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/gallery/2011/mar/06/10-best-male-fashion-icons#/?picture=372310048&index=2
http://picturesofgianniagnelli.tumblr.com/image/65782667036
https://images01.localidautore.it/dbcrp/500/500/primopiano/jacqueline-kennedy-in-ravello-during-the-summer-o-2127.jpg

The exact quote, which I included in the original message says "We will miss him, without a shadow of a doubt, but if after 5 years and to please his wife, which is legitimate (reason) one wants to change, that's fine.  I don't like to keep players that don't want to be here."

Not really sure where to begin with this mess, but here goes:

1) Your obsession with Agnelli is a bit creepy. Wtf is with posting the list of top 10 male fashion icons? I'm happy for him to be in it but time and a place for it...

2) What's with posting pics of him with Jackie O or GHWB decades earlier? Is that supposed to prove how powerful he was in 2001? Even if they were pics of him at the time of Zidane's transfer, so what? Does posting a pic of Elton with Thatcher in the 80s mean he could have stopped Barnes moving on to a bigger club. That's not how football works.

3) Controlling 4.4% (not 5%) of Italian GDP at his peak (which was way before 2001 btw) doesn't mean he owns 5% of Italian GDP. It's not his personal piggy bank to spend as he pleases. Tim Cook controls an $800bn company (the equivalent of 43% of Italian GDP). It doesnt mean he can spend $800bn as he pleases. And like I said, in 2001 Agnelli controlled much less than its peak of 4.4% GDP.

4) In summer 2001 Fiat were on the rocks. Share price had plummeted from $45 in 1998 to $10 in 2002. His own family fortune shrunk by over 50% from 2000 to 2002. In summer 2001 he was in absolutely no position to be playing Billy BigBollocks. Source

5) His influence had massively diminished by then. He hadn't been running Fiat for years, since 1996 he just had the decorative title of "Honorary Chairman".

6) The bitter quote was the one I quoted from you: "Zidane? More fun than useful"

7) This is the most important point: DONT BASE YOUR OPINION OF ZIDANE ON THE RANTINGS OF A BITTER 79 YEAR OLD OWNER WHO ONCE UPON A TIME WAS INFLUENTIAL. USE YOUR OWN EYES.

Btw, did you ever get to meet Agnelli?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:33:32 am by Xabi Gerrard »

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #7391 on: September 12, 2017, 11:41:25 am »
We are getting to a stage where you will not be allowed any opinion that doesn't think he is the best that's ever done it. He is that good but in order to put a stamp on this he needs international success.

Why should a player's greatness rely on the performance of his international colleagues?

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7392 on: September 12, 2017, 11:46:51 am »
Why should a player's greatness rely on the performance of his international colleagues?

I agree that he doesn't have to win the world cup to be considered to have bossed a world cup. Baggio in '94 and Zidane in '06 both lost the final, like Messi in 2014, but Baggio and Zidane both absolutely bossed the knockout stages. Messi hasn't done that.

If all you'd ever seen of Messi was world cup knockout games there's no way you'd think he was in contention to be the best player in history. It's not about Higuain not putting the ball away v Germany, it's that Messi looked 2 or 3 levels below what he looks like for Barca throughout the knockouts. That's why people say he hasn't "done it" at international level, not because of losing the final.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #7393 on: September 12, 2017, 11:47:15 am »
Christ these 'who's the best' discussions (arguments) get tedious.

Can't people just enjoy the moment and appreciate that we're lucky enough to have 2 of the greatest players to ever play the game in Messi and Ronaldo around in our generation and still playing every week.

It might be some time again before we see players or a player anywhere their level of talent/skill/success if we do at all.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7394 on: September 12, 2017, 11:48:45 am »
Christ these 'who's the best' discussions (arguments) get tedious.

Can't people just enjoy the moment and appreciate that we're lucky enough to have 2 of the greatest players to ever play the game in Messi and Ronaldo around in our generation and still playing every week.

It might be some time again before we see players or a player anywhere their level of talent/skill/success if we do at all.

Ahem...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #7395 on: September 12, 2017, 12:24:41 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7396 on: September 12, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »
Not really sure where to begin with this mess, but here goes:

1) Your obsession with Agnelli is a bit creepy. Wtf is with posting the list of top 10 male fashion icons? I'm happy for him to be in it but time and a place for it...

2) What's with posting pics of him with Jackie O or GHWB decades earlier? Is that supposed to prove how powerful he was in 2001? Even if they were pics of him at the time of Zidane's transfer, so what? Does posting a pic of Elton with Thatcher in the 80s mean he could have stopped Barnes moving on to a bigger club. That's not how football works.

3) Controlling 4.4% (not 5%) of Italian GDP at his peak (which was way before 2001 btw) doesn't mean he owns 5% of Italian GDP. It's not his personal piggy bank to spend as he pleases. Tim Cook controls an $800bn company (the equivalent of 43% of Italian GDP). It doesnt mean he can spend $800bn as he pleases. And like I said, in 2001 Agnelli controlled much less than its peak of 4.4% GDP.

4) In summer 2001 Fiat were on the rocks. Share price had plummeted from $45 in 1998 to $10 in 2002. His own family fortune shrunk by over 50% from 2000 to 2002. In summer 2001 he was in absolutely no position to be playing Billy BigBollocks. Source

5) His influence had massively diminished by then. He hadn't been running Fiat for years, since 1996 he just had the decorative title of "Honorary Chairman".

6) The bitter quote was the one I quoted from you: "Zidane? More fun than useful"

7) This is the most important point: DONT BASE YOUR OPINION OF ZIDANE ON THE RANTINGS OF A BITTER 79 YEAR OLD OWNER WHO ONCE UPON A TIME WAS INFLUENTIAL. USE YOUR OWN EYES.

Btw, did you ever get to meet Agnelli?

What I'm trying to point out to you is that a powerful man that rubs shoulders with Bush, Kissinger and Jackie O,  is hardly being put in his place by a gypsy like Perez, but whatever, you seem very smart so I will let you to your toys.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7397 on: September 12, 2017, 09:13:29 pm »
Best player i've ever seen hands down

Unbelievable talent, makes it all look so easy

Would love to hear him talk about his thought process in certain match situations as he takes up some very different options to most players

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7398 on: September 12, 2017, 09:20:48 pm »
Absoloutely incredible tonight!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7399 on: September 12, 2017, 09:37:04 pm »
8 goals for the season already. Definitely on the decline, no question about it.