Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3121964 times)

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - BEN THE BLADE
« Reply #200 on: August 6, 2021, 02:25:16 pm »
Shaqiri has said he wants to move.

Its just that its is Serie A clubs interested who have very little money to spend.

Hopefully if he does move that he finds a club that he  can do well and play regular football. Plus hopefuuly they have enough to make it worth our while.
difficult market this summer

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 6, 2021, 02:26:56 pm »
Karius has been on loan, almost constantly since.  Liverpool get fees for that. What is the problem with that? He isn’t refusing to go, he’s not gobbing off, he’s just getting on with it.

There was one of those 'winning team' snaps from preseason training with Karius pictured absolutely beaming, which was lovely to see.

Whatever we feel about the impact of his CL final mistakes dwarfs in comparison to what he feels, I'm certain of that. He's been punished enough and I really hope for his sake he can in some way recover his career.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 6, 2021, 02:29:39 pm »
Bit harsh I think
Maybe a bit harsh  and I apologise if my £$## too spicy- but I think  it is time for him (& agent) to find a place where he can play to his best ability. He is no longer playing in pre-season friendlies and I wish him the best.

Just suprised he has stayed so long after Klopp has made it plain that he has no future at Liverpool and has not played in red shirt since Kiev in 2018.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #203 on: August 6, 2021, 02:30:30 pm »
There was one of those 'winning team' snaps from preseason training with Karius pictured absolutely beaming, which was lovely to see.

Whatever we feel about the impact of his CL final mistakes dwarfs in comparison to what he feels, I'm certain of that. He's been punished enough and I really hope for his sake he can in some way recover his career.

yeah exactly.

It’s a tough situation for him really, as we can still see, no one will let him forget.

Not sure where he ends up next, at this point he may need to take a bigger step down for the sake of getting back up again! He couldn’t get much game time at Union last season. Tougher for goalies too. Not that many spots up for grabs.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #204 on: August 6, 2021, 02:30:54 pm »
Maybe a bit harsh  and I apologise if my £$## too spicy- but I think  it is time for him (& agent) to find a place where he can play to his best ability. He is no longer playing in pre-season friendlies and I wish him the best.

Just suprised he has stayed so long after Klopp has made it plain that he has no future at Liverpool and has not played in red shirt since Kiev in 2018.

He played in a red shirt for us about ten days ago, and he's still a Liverpool player deserving respect as much as any other Liverpool player.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 6, 2021, 02:31:29 pm »
You've missed out Ian Rush.
Rush wouldn't have missed that sitter Origi did against Burnley, even at 59.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #206 on: August 6, 2021, 02:32:34 pm »
I can forgive Karius for the final.

Just not for the working out montage in LA.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2021, 02:34:48 pm by meady1981 »

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #207 on: August 6, 2021, 02:42:38 pm »
They must've changed shifts,  dutchkop up now.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 6, 2021, 02:52:00 pm »
Messi leaving Barcelona gives them a chance to steady the ship, although it might not be enough. They are probably still short of what they need, and I doubt Aguero and Depay are going there to play for nothing.

A player like Pedri represents a new future for Barcelona. If I understand his situation, he is still on a low wage, but has been promised a new deal in keeping with his growing status, as soon as they can sort out the accounts.

It is possible that they can’t quite get there, and so Pedri will feel slighted as he watches other players who are not much better, and perhaps even less important to the club, earn 5x what he does.

I suppose what I’m saying is there is an outside chance that an opportunistic signing like this could present itself at the end of the window. Mikey Edwards will be all over it if there’s any chance.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 6, 2021, 02:57:07 pm »
Messi leaving Barcelona gives them a chance to steady the ship, although it might not be enough. They are probably still short of what they need, and I doubt Aguero and Depay are going there to play for nothing.

A player like Pedri represents a new future for Barcelona. If I understand his situation, he is still on a low wage, but has been promised a new deal in keeping with his growing status, as soon as they can sort out the accounts.

It is possible that they can’t quite get there, and so Pedri will feel slighted as he watches other players who are not much better, and perhaps even less important to the club, earn 5x what he does.

I suppose what I’m saying is there is an outside chance that an opportunistic signing like this could present itself at the end of the window. Mikey Edwards will be all over it if there’s any chance.

at least the Messi situation could move the log jam this summer transfer season.
I am sure Edwards and lFC scouting will implement their transfer plan and take any opportunities that come from Barca/Messi situation.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 6, 2021, 03:19:11 pm »
Pedri and Frankie De Jong double swoop, how much we talking?  ;D

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 6, 2021, 03:22:22 pm »
I can forgive Karius for the final.

Just not for the working out montage in LA.

;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 6, 2021, 03:44:50 pm »

If we do sign a forward it later going to be someone left-field;

Gouiri
Cuenha
Madueke (bonus as he’s English also)

I think Neuhaus is the most likely midfielder but

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #213 on: August 6, 2021, 03:51:02 pm »
Rush wouldn't have missed that sitter Origi did against Burnley, even at 59.
Reckon if his nose was in goal he wouldve saved it

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #214 on: August 6, 2021, 03:52:17 pm »
Id say about 100%

confirmation that youre a balloonhead that is

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #215 on: August 6, 2021, 03:52:53 pm »

150-200M. Maybe more.

I don't think Barcelona will want to sell either. Even in the current circumstances. their focus will be on reducing the wage bill elsewhere.

Selling De Jong and Pedri won't reduce the wage bill by much, it was explained to me yesterday that they could use 25% of any sale to improve the wage bill limit. That would help but probably not as much as getting Griezmann, Coutinho, Umtiti and other established, older players off the wage bill. Even players like Sergi Roberto, Dembele, Trincao etc.. will be sacrificed before De Jong or Pedri, IMO.

My guess would be that it will only come to a head if Barcelona are in this type of position come the last few days in August
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #216 on: August 6, 2021, 03:55:09 pm »
Never heard of Ekrem Konur, but Grizz Khan has said he's legit so this could be a goer

Can't tell if joking or not...  :o

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 6, 2021, 03:56:05 pm »
Id say about 100%

confirmation that youre a balloonhead that is

Tell the masses on here what they don't know mate.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #218 on: August 6, 2021, 03:57:27 pm »
Can't tell if joking or not...  :o

I am sadly, Grizz Khan hasn't given his confirmation yet.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #219 on: August 6, 2021, 04:07:45 pm »
the best thing to do with Origi is to loan him.
Contract is until 2024. He has a good season somewhere we may sell him next year. Not when he has done nothing in 18 months.

We might have to loan one or both of Origi and Shaqiri out this summer if we need to free up the squad places. There just isn't the money in the market for them at the moment. The alternative will be accepting low bids to get them off the books (successful loans could boost their price in a better market next year).

Alternatively, a busier market and some big deals might see us get a decent bid for one of them over the next few weeks which is what we're banking on. Downside is, it means any signings we want to make are having to wait for bids that may never come for either.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #220 on: August 6, 2021, 04:10:46 pm »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 6, 2021, 04:22:48 pm »
Kylian fancy The Big One in Blackpool?

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #223 on: August 6, 2021, 04:23:21 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #224 on: August 6, 2021, 04:24:07 pm »
It's on, boys.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #225 on: August 6, 2021, 04:24:43 pm »
I mean there was little chance if he was going in a free, let alone with a decent fee too.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 6, 2021, 04:26:04 pm »
I mean there was little chance if he was going in a free, let alone with a decent fee too.

You had to break the spell just 5 posts after the twitter link? Why? Why would you do that?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #227 on: August 6, 2021, 04:28:21 pm »
Betcha all feel pretty stoopid after callin Peter allsorts during this window

Now who looks foolish

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #228 on: August 6, 2021, 04:33:02 pm »
Betcha all feel pretty stoopid after callin Peter allsorts during this window

Now who looks foolish

Bertie’s lad?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #229 on: August 6, 2021, 04:35:57 pm »
 "How'd you convince him to move to Liverpool, Jurgen?"

"Kylian? It was really nothing."
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 6, 2021, 04:55:48 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #231 on: August 6, 2021, 05:18:57 pm »
You had to break the spell just 5 posts after the twitter link? Why? Why would you do that?

Don't fuck with Craig Spell-breaker... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #232 on: August 6, 2021, 06:01:53 pm »

Just when I thought I was out ... they pull me back in!!!

Seriously though, be outstanding if the dominoes fell our way again and this all somehow culminated with Mbappe's announcement video in the Lobster Pot
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 6, 2021, 06:05:42 pm »

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #234 on: August 6, 2021, 06:06:23 pm »
"How'd you convince him to move to Liverpool, Jurgen?"

"Kylian? It was really nothing."

Very good mate
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #235 on: August 6, 2021, 06:15:03 pm »

Doesn’t mean he would move anywhere  , when he can walk for free next season and have one season with Messi
« Last Edit: August 6, 2021, 06:23:12 pm by rocco »

Offline iamadooddood

• Main Stander
« Reply #236 on: August 6, 2021, 06:17:19 pm »
I've been wondering. The best case scenario would be Mbappe here this year and Haaland here next year, wouldn't it? But then why didn't Klopp go for Haaland the first time?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 6, 2021, 06:22:13 pm »
This is just like the chicken and egg scenario.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #238 on: August 6, 2021, 06:23:37 pm »
This is just like the chicken and egg scenario.
That’s back to front

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #239 on: August 6, 2021, 06:27:21 pm »
I've been wondering. The best case scenario would be Mbappe here this year and Haaland here next year, wouldn't it? But then why didn't Klopp go for Haaland the first time?

;D

Don’t wonder too long about that would be my advice.