Author Topic: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)  (Read 51468 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2021, 05:01:22 pm »
That's exactly what will happen - then others will watch it while their mates try and re-enact the bar scene from Porkys. Mike Hunt and Mike Oxlong has already been used, so they just need to come up with a new one. I'm sure they will trawl a few episodes of the Simpsons for ideas too.

Mike Oxmall failing to gain traction.
Mike Oxard?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2021, 05:24:53 pm »
Mike Oxard?

Douglas Ross got caught out by Mike Oxsmells on one of his Facebook Q&As.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2021, 05:49:15 pm »
Mike Oxard?

If any of them get a mention on this weeks The Last Leg, we'll know you have been ringing in
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2021, 05:53:15 pm »
That's exactly what will happen - then others will watch it while their mates try and re-enact the bar scene from Porkys. Mike Hunt and Mike Oxlong has already been used, so they just need to come up with a new one. I'm sure they will trawl a few episodes of the Simpsons for ideas too.

Pat McGroyne.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2021, 07:17:55 pm »
Mike Oxmallandsoft.

Just my name, still thinking about a name for this shitshow pandering to the Scum/Mail/Express readers.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2021, 07:22:15 pm »
Mike Oxmallandsoft.

Just my name, still thinking about a name for this shitshow pandering to the Scum/Mail/Express readers.

Reich here, Reich now?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2021, 07:56:17 pm »
Ivan Ardon.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2021, 07:59:24 pm »
Diane O'Rea (Please, call me Di).
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2021, 08:50:28 pm »
That Dan Wootton is an absolute bellend. S*n wanker.

They go on about plurality of views and freedom of speech. Funny how the majority of the presenters are right wing with nobody on the left.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2021, 09:17:37 pm »
Well go on GB News for starters.

He had to resign from the National Trust for Scotland recently after tweeting support for David Starkey after his recent racist discussion with Darren Grimes.

He has a completely warped view of Scottish history and let it get into his documentaries (where he presents himself as a historian rathern than an archaeologist.

And member of the fruit loop band of unionists known as These Islands.
Well after campaigning for the Union... I don't suppose it matters that his tweet was before Starkey's interview and apparently he wasn't forced to resign from the National Trust of Scotland either...Fake News  :D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2021, 09:22:39 pm »
Well after campaigning for the Union... I don't suppose it matters that his tweet was before Starkey's interview and apparently he wasn't forced to resign from the National Trust of Scotland either...Fake News  :D

Aye he was due to quit anyway....

I have no problem with people campaigning for the union. I spend half my life on here FFS, where most are unionists.

Apologies, it was before the interview, to Grimes asking him to tell Starkey he loves him. He retweets anti-BLM stuff and those taking the knee.

He's just an all round piece of work. Basically this guy with the ability to tone it down a bit for the cameras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qYasj3D9MrY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qYasj3D9MrY</a>

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2021, 02:21:08 am »
Aye he was due to quit anyway....

I have no problem with people campaigning for the union. I spend half my life on here FFS, where most are unionists.

Apologies, it was before the interview, to Grimes asking him to tell Starkey he loves him. He retweets anti-BLM stuff and those taking the knee.

He's just an all round piece of work. Basically this guy with the ability to tone it down a bit for the cameras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qYasj3D9MrY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qYasj3D9MrY</a>
Off topic but...
On the subject of Independence do you not worry about whether Scotland can afford it or not ?
I can't help thinking these last few years (price of oil fluctuating + Covid  ) might of bankrupted your country had you gained independence or at
the very least led to a sizeable decrease in living standards.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2021, 02:50:38 am »
Off topic but...
On the subject of Independence do you not worry about whether Scotland can afford it or not ?
I can't help thinking these last few years (price of oil fluctuating + Covid  ) might of bankrupted your country had you gained independence or at
the very least led to a sizeable decrease in living standards.

It's a complex question. I have no doubt it would be challenging to start with. I'm assuming it would have been particularly challenging for us during COVID if we had gone recently independent. Borrowing would likely have been more expensive etc. But you can't predict these things and just have to bite the bullet.

The oil thing - it's no doubt in decline in the North Sea. I work in the industry. We all know it, half of us have lost our jobs already. Scotland is nowhere near as reliant on it as people think though. When the price crashed in 2015, tax revenues from it plummeted, but GDP actually carried on growing. The onshore economy was growing fast enough to counter the decline in oil. Scotland is wealthier than all other parts of the UK apart from London, the SE, and sometimes the East of England.

I'm not an economist, and you can read one saying one thing and another saying the opposite. So I look at the basic fundamentals. Look at similar countries around us - Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland etc. Every single one of them is considerably wealthier than Scotland but very similar in terms of climate, resources, development etc. So what is holding Scotland back? The life is being drained out of it by London. All our talent gets sucked away. The same applies to most of England. There seems to be absolutely no desire for proper change there though so needs must.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2021, 07:21:57 am »
Plus it would be the biggest kick in the nuts of the Tories and Brexiteers.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2021, 10:30:09 am »
there was another one where this bloke was being interviewed via a video call and you could see his bare arse in the mirror behind him!!!

Seriously? That was literally just used a few weeks ago as a comedy device in This Time with Alan Partridge.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2021, 10:38:58 am »
Seriously? That was literally just used a few weeks ago as a comedy device in This Time with Alan Partridge.
yep it happened

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/gb-news-chaos-comedian-trolls-24336500
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2021, 10:40:00 am »
Diane O'Rea (Please, call me Di).
May Ophellia Titt

Warren Organ (was actually in school with a boy of that name)

Issac Hunt, Mike's younger brother

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2021, 12:29:35 pm »
May Ophellia Titt

Warren Organ (was actually in school with a boy of that name)

Issac Hunt, Mike's younger brother
I have a liking for funny names, especially if real. There are real Di O'reas in the world. A friend taught a boy called Dwayne Pipe (which I love for its inclusion of a speech impediment). An old friend had a school teacher with the married name of Tess Tickell.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:25:01 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2021, 04:02:11 pm »
There was that Irish politician Dick Spring

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2021, 04:06:03 pm »
Warwick Hunt

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2021, 06:17:14 pm »
I have a liking for funny names, especially if real. There are real Di O'rea's in the world. A friend taught a boy called Dwayne Pipe (which I love for its inclusion of a speech impediment). An old friend had a school teacher with the married name of Tess Tickell.
My Dad worked with a chap by the name Dwayne Pipe so there must be more than one parent with a dubious sense of humour.

Through my work I have come across a set of twins who were named Ronnie and Reggie by their parents!  :butt

Edit - just seen Tess Tickell!! :lmao :lmao

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2021, 06:53:46 pm »
I know a Theresa Green (what a wonderful world).

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2021, 07:31:07 pm »
My Dad worked with a chap by the name Dwayne Pipe so there must be more than one parent with a dubious sense of humour.

Through my work I have come across a set of twins who were named Ronnie and Reggie by their parents!  :butt

Edit - just seen Tess Tickell!! :lmao :lmao
Another real name: Ms Anne Thropp

I wonder how often this by accident rather than design. Of course, I expect that that this was a complete accident, but Shiloh Pitt is a God-given accident waiting to happen for anyone given to spoonerisms.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 11:55:15 am by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2021, 02:16:00 am »
It's a complex question. I have no doubt it would be challenging to start with. I'm assuming it would have been particularly challenging for us during COVID if we had gone recently independent. Borrowing would likely have been more expensive etc. But you can't predict these things and just have to bite the bullet.

The oil thing - it's no doubt in decline in the North Sea. I work in the industry. We all know it, half of us have lost our jobs already. Scotland is nowhere near as reliant on it as people think though. When the price crashed in 2015, tax revenues from it plummeted, but GDP actually carried on growing. The onshore economy was growing fast enough to counter the decline in oil. Scotland is wealthier than all other parts of the UK apart from London, the SE, and sometimes the East of England.

I'm not an economist, and you can read one saying one thing and another saying the opposite. So I look at the basic fundamentals. Look at similar countries around us - Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland etc. Every single one of them is considerably wealthier than Scotland but very similar in terms of climate, resources, development etc. So what is holding Scotland back? The life is being drained out of it by London. All our talent gets sucked away. The same applies to most of England. There seems to be absolutely no desire for proper change there though so needs must.
Well it's a better answer than anything the Brexiters told me... Or to keep it on topic anything I'm likely to hear on GBeebies.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2021, 10:38:01 am »
Has Wayne Kerr called in yet?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2021, 11:50:51 am »
Has Wayne Kerr called in yet?

His Spanish cousin Juan has been on I think.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2021, 11:55:50 am »
His Spanish cousin Juan has been on I think.

Did Paul Mycock ring in afterwards do you know?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2021, 12:16:37 pm »
Did Paul Mycock ring in afterwards do you know?

Lad in school was called Scott Mycock.

When his full name was read out for register, without fail someone would shout out: "He's got mine an all sir"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2021, 12:17:34 pm »
Lad in school was called Scott Mycock.

When his full name was read out for register, without fail someone would shout out: "He's got mine an all sir"

;D

I used to work with a Joanne Hadcock - I suspect her school days weren't the best.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2021, 08:27:48 pm »
;D

I used to work with a Joanne Hadcock - I suspect her school days weren't the best.

Our Hong Kong office had a lady called Fanny Pong.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2021, 08:31:17 pm »
I used to work with a Randy Breedlove.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2021, 08:34:04 pm »
I used to work with a Randy Breedlove.

In front of it behind the camera?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2021, 06:51:13 pm »
Maybe not very political correct, but I had to chuckle in work once when we received a parcel, and the sender's name was "A Gay".
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2021, 06:54:23 pm »
Our Hong Kong office had a lady called Fanny Pong.
Any relation to this unfortunate lady?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Chmelar

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2021, 07:20:56 pm »
Back in the day when the huge BT phone books were distributed as a bored kid I checked the last name in the phone book.  ‘Zebedee Zype’ raised a few chuckles. I resisted the urge to ring the number in case someone answered “hello this is Zebedee/Mr Zype”.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2021, 11:05:05 pm »
Well this is weird if true

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2021, 03:48:37 am »

Bullshitting and making shit up must be exhausting.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2021, 08:52:25 am »
Bullshitting and making shit up must be exhausting.
Or just another PR stunt to keep GB News in the headlines.

That it's getting less than 5% and 10% of the viewing figures of BBC Breakfast and GMB respectively doesn't seem sustainable whichever way they spin it.  I suppose it depends on whether the financial backers are doing so with the incentive of making money or as a loss leader to push views that they support.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2021, 02:57:34 pm »

Could it be that he's embarrassed? It could be something else entirely of course. I do hope that it because he has already realised that the channel is shite and the writing is on the wall. Fingers crossed.
Or just another PR stunt to keep GB News in the headlines.

That it's getting less than 5% and 10% of the viewing figures of BBC Breakfast and GMB respectively doesn't seem sustainable whichever way they spin it.  I suppose it depends on whether the financial backers are doing so with the incentive of making money or as a loss leader to push views that they support.
It will be difficult for them to turn this around. A good start would help drive the channel forward. A poor start and being ridiculed, probably indicates only dwindling figures. Especially as curiosity in the channel will soon wear very thin.

'Financial backers' are usually looking for return on their investment of course. So the question will be, 'how long will they continue to support a channel which is probably bleeding money' in the hope that they can turn it around?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:54:50 am by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2021, 10:47:23 am »
Andrew Neil is such a fraud. A good interviewer he might be, but he's launched this channel with the premise of "giving a voice to the left behind" and acting as a champion of the working class and moving away from the London elite. This from a Tory who thought Thatcher didn't go far enough and was pro-austerity. He launched Sky for Murdoch as well and that was about to collapse before being saved by Premier League football.

The whole channel is based on a lie and will fail. Ultimately, the only cut through is idiot presenters who'll sincerely rant into the camera for a 2-3 minute monologue, hoping to drive up the social media clicks. The Gary Neville effect. Take away the rest of the Covid restrictions and all they'll have left to talk about is Harry and Meghan.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 10:54:55 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season