Author Topic: Overrated?  (Read 43839 times)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Re: Overrated?
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2021, 02:04:41 pm »
I passed out in the wedding scene.. I came back round and it was still going ....  duuuullllll
That whole scene was one of the most excruciatingly boring scenes I've ever witnessed. A clear example of a director thinking showing you stuff equals character development.

I recently watched Cronenberg's Videodrome, and must say I was pretty disappointed. It started great, but it went in a direction that I didn't care much for, and thought it got pretty silly to the end. Not a bad movie, but I expected so much more. 

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2021, 02:07:34 pm »
Some awful opinions on here.

Figures

:D

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2021, 02:11:09 pm »
Blade Runner and Bruce Springsteen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2021, 02:11:19 pm »
Only Fools & Horses, Seinfeld, Downton Abbey, Glee, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Apprentice, most of CSI/NCIS-type shows...

The Beatles, the Libertines, the Strokes, Oasis, Radiohead, Suede, The Smiths, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, Adele, Pearl Jam, Joy Division, Pink Floyd...

Any of the Harry Potter/LOTR books (but I do enjoy the film adaptations), literally anything by Quentin Tarantino (self-indulgent wankfests), Lost In Translation, Star Wars (all of them), most Oscar winners actually, Love Actually, The Breakfast Club, Goodfellas...

I'm sure there's a ton more I'm forgetting.

Also, A Clockwork Orange (not really)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2021, 02:14:16 pm »
Breaking bad & peaky blinders , couldn’t get into either of those , but liked the music at the start of peaky blinders

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2021, 02:36:43 pm »
Only Fools & Horses, Seinfeld, Downton Abbey, Glee, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Apprentice, most of CSI/NCIS-type shows...

The Beatles, the Libertines, the Strokes, Oasis, Radiohead, Suede, The Smiths, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, Adele, Pearl Jam, Joy Division, Pink Floyd...

Any of the Harry Potter/LOTR books (but I do enjoy the film adaptations), literally anything by Quentin Tarantino (self-indulgent wankfests), Lost In Translation, Star Wars (all of them), most Oscar winners actually, Love Actually, The Breakfast Club, Goodfellas...

The Salma Hayek dance in From Dusk to Dawn is deffo NOT overrated.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2021, 02:38:44 pm »
I can't believe two people have said Bruce Springsteen :(

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2021, 02:38:54 pm »
Sons of Anarchy

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2021, 02:39:32 pm »

What do you actually like?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2021, 02:42:14 pm »
you missed the best bit - you'll have to go back and watch it again  :wave

yeh deffo harry fucking potter - shite

the kill bill movies - tarantino is a college student film maker obsessed with ultra violence
you only ever hear people say 'wow did you see how he cut that guy in 2' or 'the sexy chick with the sword' or 'the way he was cool then just shot him through the head' meh

bohemian rhapsody - really over-blown good vibrations rip off - it's okay but not the genius grandiose mini-operetta that it's lauded to be
the best bit is the rock bit at the end (and i like freddy and queen)

To be far I did. It was still shit..

Kill bill is terrible though ...if you don’t find it cool ...there no point to the film. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2021, 02:51:39 pm »
I can't believe two people have said Bruce Springsteen :(

I just don't see (or hear) the greatness everybody seems to go on about with him.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2021, 03:02:41 pm »

Contrarianism...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2021, 03:08:39 pm »

He has to be on a wind up surely?

Surprised he's not got his wife and kids on that list.  Saying that, they probably hate him more if he's the one with the TV/Music remote.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2021, 03:13:53 pm »
Sex Pistols. This is just a matter of taste and timing though I guess. Not my genre, not my era.

Killing Eve, Fleabag, Bodyguard...anything similar to those. Utterly mediocre.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:18:46 pm by S »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2021, 03:18:30 pm »
Contrarianism...
He has to be on a wind up surely?

Surprised he's not got his wife and kids on that list.  Saying that, they probably hate him more if he's the one with the TV/Music remote.
It's overrated, not stuff I don't like.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2021, 03:24:31 pm »
The War On Drugs
The National
Arcade Fire
LCD Soundsystem

To name a few.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2021, 03:35:12 pm »
The War On Drugs
The National
Arcade Fire
LCD Soundsystem

To name a few.

Andy, have you hacked my Spotify account or something? You've just spent this thread listing bands/artists that I love ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2021, 03:35:18 pm »
It's overrated, not stuff I don't like.

Fair point

There will someone behind a keyboard somewhere greeting every post in this thread with a "WTF?"

Until Ed Sheeran is mentioned of course. :)

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2021, 03:36:55 pm »
As for my own contributions - for my generation Friends was one of the biggest shows on TV but I could never take to it. I've never watched an episode all the way through and just find it annoying.

In a similar vein, a lot of people seem to like the Big Bang Theory, but again it's not my cup of tea at all.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2021, 03:38:58 pm »
As for my own contributions - for my generation Friends was one of the biggest shows on TV but I could never take to it. I've never watched an episode all the way through and just find it annoying.

In a similar vein, a lot of people seem to like the Big Bang Theory, but again it's not my cup of tea at all.

How could you find something annoying having never seen an episode of it?  ;D

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2021, 03:40:23 pm »

Andy, have you hacked my Spotify account or something? You've just spent this thread listing bands/artists that I love ;D

Haha sorry mate  ;D

If it helps, I completely agree with you about Friends and The Big Bang Theory!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2021, 03:40:27 pm »
Lost

Interesting premise that soon disappeared up it's own arse.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2021, 03:49:55 pm »
Breaking Bad.  We were advised to record them then watch all together.  Nah couldn't do it.

Game of Thrones.  Again was advised we needed to watch a few together to really get into it.  Nah tried 2 or 3 attempts didn't get it.

Peaky Blinders.  Watched the first episode of the last series I think?  It started off in the 1930s crash?  Totally off with the costuming, hair and period it was meant to be set in and that put me off straight away.  If they can't get that right how is it believable?

Saving Private Ryan.  I must have tried watching it 6 or 7 times and just can't get into it. 

Anything based around the Vietnam war.

All Kill Bill films.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2021, 04:11:42 pm »
The Salma Hayek dance in From Dusk to Dawn is deffo NOT overrated.
You mean that scene in that film directed by Robert Rodriguez? I agree, it's not overrated  ;)

The Kill Bills are shite. There's a decent 90 minute revenge/exploitation film in there. Just don't give me 10 minutes of bullshit about why a particular sword is important as I don't care, Quentin.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2021, 04:16:50 pm »
Tarantino wrote From Dusk Til Dawn so he had something to do with it.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2021, 04:23:01 pm »
Tarantino wrote From Dusk Til Dawn so he had something to do with it.
He didn't direct it, as if he had it'd be a 4 minute sequence focused entirely on Salma's feet. So I'm giving RR 100% of the credit on that (the snake was good too) :D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2021, 04:30:54 pm »
Breaking Bad.  We were advised to record them then watch all together.  Nah couldn't do it.

Game of Thrones.  Again was advised we needed to watch a few together to really get into it.  Nah tried 2 or 3 attempts didn't get it.

Peaky Blinders.  Watched the first episode of the last series I think?  It started off in the 1930s crash?  Totally off with the costuming, hair and period it was meant to be set in and that put me off straight away.  If they can't get that right how is it believable?

Saving Private Ryan.  I must have tried watching it 6 or 7 times and just can't get into it. 

All Kill Bill films.

Sounds like you just haven't watched any of them, not that they're overrated.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2021, 04:48:19 pm »
I feel quite a few of the big American show are overrated. I tried Breaking Bad, The Wire and a couple of those super hero type shows. They did nothing for me. I liked Peaky Blinders though.  ;D

I daren’t even say ‘The Wire’ in this thread, but then you did, so here I am  ;D  Watched the first 3 or 4 episides years ago, bored me, couldn’t be arsed sticking with it. Breaking bad I started watching, and just never carried on, not cos I hated it, it just wasn’t compelling me enough at the time to stick with it.

I don’t mind a super hero show though, Umbrella Academy being the one I really like, The Boys though - I’ve watched it, but it’s just far to OTT for me (the violence side of it), even by super hero standards.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2021, 05:05:00 pm »
Sounds like you just haven't watched any of them, not that they're overrated.
Overated because so many people we know raved over them and insisted we would enjoy them if we watched them.

to be honest our lives just aren't conducive to watching series type TV so they really need to grab us straight away for us to put the effort in and not miss an episode.  Even being able to record them or watch on catch-up is hard work when you're rarely at home together.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2021, 05:12:47 pm »
Kill Bill. Fucking gash and only that i had a tonne of food i would have walked out of the cinema.

Tv Series:
Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Madmen

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2021, 05:15:31 pm »
Overated because so many people we know raved over them and insisted we would enjoy them if we watched them.

to be honest our lives just aren't conducive to watching series type TV so they really need to grab us straight away for us to put the effort in and not miss an episode.  Even being able to record them or watch on catch-up is hard work when you're rarely at home together.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Totally fair. Just doesn't seem like the show is overrated if you're not able to watch them. I think you have to have seen a few seasons of a show to say it's overrated. And you can even like one and say that too.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2021, 05:16:55 pm »
I've always said that there is nothing wrong with being "Overrated".

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2021, 05:19:50 pm »
Breaking bad
Peaky Blinders
Game of thrones

All decent but not as much as everyone goes about them.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2021, 05:20:17 pm »
Some do find The Wire tough early on but it's so intricately plotted that your patience is more than rewarded later.  It's also not really something you can throw on to relax, at least on your first viewing.

I love the show, but I get why some would fuck it off early.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2021, 05:25:55 pm »
You talking movies? The Vietnam war docu by Ken Burns is good. On Netflix still i'm sure

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2021, 05:35:36 pm »
The Stone Roses

The Walking Dead

Fleabag
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2021, 05:45:06 pm »
The Stone Roses

The Walking Dead

Fleabag

One of these things is not like the others.....

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2021, 05:46:00 pm »
Sons of Anarchy

Do people actually rate it. Utter tripe.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2021, 05:47:28 pm »
Breaking bad for me. I actually enjoyed it but heard so many people calling it the best tv program ever. Not even close methinks.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2021, 05:47:50 pm »
Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin