Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2778655 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
No idea if you're trolling / fishing whatever ... (which is an evergreen thought when I read your posts in fairness :))

What was difficult to understand....? :)

You said they're stomping all over everyone in the league but us.....they're not. They've stomped all over Brighton, Burnley, Arsenal and Norwich. They lost to Spurs when they had more shots than Spurs, drew to Southampton when they had one shot on target, narrowly beat Leicester when they had a shitload of shots on target and narrowly beat Chelsea. I'm not quite sure why you think pointing out that they haven't 'stomped all over everyone in the league but us' would be trolling? Its just patently not true.

The mainstream football media has had other stuff to moan about recently though, but it might get back to thinking they need a striker when they next drop points (which has happened in a third of their games this season) and of course.....they spent the summer trying to sign a striker.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
What was difficult to understand....? :)

You said they're stomping all over everyone in the league but us.....they're not. They've stomped all over Brighton, Burnley, Arsenal and Norwich. They lost to Spurs when they had more shots than Spurs, drew to Southampton when they had one shot on target, narrowly beat Leicester when they had a shitload of shots on target and narrowly beat Chelsea. I'm not quite sure why you think pointing out that they haven't 'stomped all over everyone in the league but us' would be trolling? Its just patently not true.

Ah okay - assuming you didnt watch these games in that case?

The only one they weren't completely dominant in was vs Southampton - which was a weird showing from them all round, maybe they were fatigued dunno
The other 3 you cited were one way contests and the Chelsea performance was objectively one of the better performances by a PL team in recent years taking the quality of opposition into account
Their attack isn't as potent as its been in some of Guardiola's years but its still putting up v strong numbers and they're suffocating teams to ridiculous levels for example Chelsea (almost certainly the 3rd best team in the league) put up 0.3xg at home, while chasing the game

It's not being reported like this because the league table doesn't show it yet as extremely as performance in the games but us and them are about as dominant as its possible to be in one of the big 5 leagues so far this season   

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah okay - assuming you didnt watch these games in that case?

The only one they weren't completely dominant in was vs Southampton - which was a weird showing from them all round, maybe they were fatigued dunno
The other 3 you cited were one way contests and the Chelsea performance was objectively one of the better performances by a PL team in recent years taking the quality of opposition into account
Their attack isn't as potent as its been in some of Guardiola's years but its still putting up v strong numbers and they're suffocating teams to ridiculous levels for example Chelsea (almost certainly the 3rd best team in the league) put up 0.3xg at home, while chasing the game

It's not being reported like this because the league table doesn't show it yet as extremely as performance in the games but us and them are about as dominant as its possible to be in one of the big 5 leagues so far this season

I'm ever so confused.

Your point seemed to be (correct me if I'm wrong....) that the media have shut up about them signing a striker, because they don't need one, because they're battering everyone. Right? They're not. And frankly in quite a few of those games that they have dropped points in or only narrowly won they may well have done better with a striker. Do you think they'd have beaten Southampton or Spurs if they'd had Harry Kane?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm ever so confused.

Your point seemed to be (correct me if I'm wrong....) that the media have shut up about them signing a striker, because they don't need one, because they're battering everyone. Right? They're not. And frankly in quite a few of those games that they have dropped points in or only narrowly won they may well have done better with a striker. Do you think they'd have beaten Southampton or Spurs if they'd had Harry Kane?

I was genuinely asking if the media are still talking about them needing another striker because I don't know if they are or not.

They are pretty much battering everyone based on their performances and numbers - we seem disagree on that point so we're probably not going to agree on what they should be trying to do from here

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I watched the Chelsea-City game and they absolutely battered Chelsea. 1-0 flattered Chelsea.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I watched the Chelsea-City game and they absolutely battered Chelsea. 1-0 flattered Chelsea.

Yeah i caught a fair bit of that, they hammered chelsea. Chelsea are a bit of a weird one at the minute, I wonder if they're due a regression as they've got bloody lucky in a lot of games now. I'm a believer that you earn your luck but they're stretching that at this point. City still the team to beat.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
It's a strange one because you'd imagine some of the games they have struggled to score in would be quite different with a finisher of Kane's capabilities. But then again, would they dominate the game way they did against Chelsea and Leicester if he was up top.

Even the first half against us would have most likely produced a goal for them with a proper striker but they do control games partly because of a lack of one.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah i caught a fair bit of that, they hammered chelsea. Chelsea are a bit of a weird one at the minute, I wonder if they're due a regression as they've got bloody lucky in a lot of games now. I'm a believer that you earn your luck but they're stretching that at this point. City still the team to beat.

I still think they are going into the mid-80's at least for points and will challenge (kind of like how Mourinho's Chelsea got along in 13-14) but they are turgid to watch and their underlying numbers that others have posted are not a surprise when you watch them.

City look really, really good though and right now the league really looks set for them to post a mammoth points total. By the time they play United in 2 games time they will have played away at all the top current top 7 bar West Ham and we will be in early November. They are going to be really tough to stop.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's a strange one because you'd imagine some of the games they have struggled to score in would be quite different with a finisher of Kane's capabilities. But then again, would they dominate the game way they did against Chelsea and Leicester if he was up top.

Even the first half against us would have most likely produced a goal for them with a proper striker but they do control games partly because of a lack of one.

The game against us was the perfect example of this imo. That first half the way they squeezed us was by having 6 technical skillful midfielders or forwards just coming onto us in waves. They were very press resistant and we just couldn't get a foothold in the game [not helped, its' worth saying, by Trent's absence]. They don't do that with a conventional striker - Kane, Haaland, Aguero, whoever as they are more direct. It's impossible to say what would work better for them really, but I don't think I've ever seen them control a game againts us so comprehensively as that first half. I think it may leave them a bit toothless occasionally, but on the whole they gain more than they lose.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Us probably not.

Chelsea literally set up for a 0-0. They were dominating that regardless of having a striker or not. Leicester I think probably the same, its how Rodgers sets up against good teams. And Southampton is a no brainer. And again Spurs I suspect with someone actually willing to have a crack at goal they would have at least drawn.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The game against us was the perfect example of this imo. That first half the way they squeezed us was by having 6 technical skillful midfielders or forwards just coming onto us in waves. They were very press resistant and we just couldn't get a foothold in the game [not helped, its' worth saying, by Trent's absence]. They don't do that with a conventional striker - Kane, Haaland, Aguero, whoever as they are more direct. It's impossible to say what would work better for them really, but I don't think I've ever seen them control a game againts us so comprehensively as that first half. I think it may leave them a bit toothless occasionally, but on the whole they gain more than they lose.

Good post - the essence of it

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Can't wait for Pep to be praised tonight for "taking the competition seriously" when he makes a load of changes and still fields a team worth £300m.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Can't wait for Pep to be praised tonight for "taking the competition seriously" when he makes a load of changes and still fields a team worth £300m.
It’s bizarre. Other managers get slated for playing the reserves. Pep does exactly the same, but because his reserve team cost £500m he is praised for taking the competition seriously. Nobody in the media can grasp this fact either. Sick of the way most of the media gives these cheating twats a free pass despite them all knowing what they are.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
Just been reading about the new transfer scandal in Italian football where clubs have been falsely inflating transfer fees to balance the books. Sounds like something right up Man City’s street. Would not been surprised at all if their name is mentioned in it soon.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It’s bizarre. Other managers get slated for playing the reserves. Pep does exactly the same, but because his reserve team cost £500m he is praised for taking the competition seriously. Nobody in the media can grasp this fact either. Sick of the way most of the media gives these cheating twats a free pass despite them all knowing what they are.

It just keeps the merry-go-round going round. Equating "City" with everyone else means .... they've got a better product, most competitive league etc etc ... I'm guessing this. In reality I couldn't care less about them or what they win unless it actively affects us in some way (as it has twice in the league) A non-entity of a club usurped by a financial superpower. It is inevitable they win trophies, they have 2 teams full of internationals ... indeed they have a first 11 of fullbacks alone. Shame they are around really.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Hoping West Ham don't shit the bed tonight against this lot like they did against Man United in the league. Not counting on it though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
No so easy if you don't get drawn against a League 2 side is it? You sister shagging mutants

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No quadruple for Abu Dhabi this year either :wave

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
The West Ham Weaklings

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Their side today in a league cup game cost over £600m. Crazy.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
When they come up against a half decent side out they go
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
They finally get drawn against a decent team and they're out.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
When they come up against a half decent side out they go
Big change from playing Wycombe at home every season.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
let me just take this opportunity to say:

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
You know you’ve completely lost interest in a cup when you actually don’t think it’s funny when a rival gets knocked out

I’d rather they had the fixtures to be honest
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
Was that the first tough away they’ve had in any cup comp in recent times? They don’t like it up em

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
You know you’ve completely lost interest in a cup when you actually don’t think it’s funny when a rival gets knocked out

I’d rather they had the fixtures to be honest

The extra fixtures wouldn't have affected then though, what with them having two quality teams.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Their side today in a league cup game cost over £600m. Crazy.

yep.

Ours by comparison about £180m (starting lineup was about £70m).

I know, they had premier league opponent, but even so, it makes no odds, it’s always the same with Guardiola, in fact, the money he’s spent on that team, it’s hard for them not to have a ridiculously expensive team out, and he doen’t tend to give chances to too many youngsters.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Their Blockbusters away kit lettering can fuck off as well

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
The extra fixtures wouldn't have affected then though, what with them having two quality teams.
Agreed.  The League Cup in the past few years has just been a way for them to keep their squad players sharp and for Jesus to double his seasonal goal tally.

Being out is more of a problem for them than being in.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
Was that the first tough away they’ve had in any cup comp in recent times? They don’t like it up em

They played Arsenal and Man Utd away last season. Not sure if West Ham are much tougher or what you mean by tough away.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
The earlier they go out of cup competitions, the harder it'll be for Pep to keep his squad players happy. If they aren't happy, their performances will drop and that can potentially affect them.

Them being out means that we are the best team(not arguably) left in the competition and have a real chance.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
The earlier they go out of cup competitions, the harder it'll be for Pep to keep his squad players happy. If they aren't happy, their performances will drop and that can potentially affect them.

Them being out means that we are the best team(not arguably) left in the competition and have a real chance.

Whilst i would ordinarily completely agree with that first statement, i would argue city are different than nearly everyone else. The extraordinary sums of money their bit part players are legitimately and illegitimately earning (ie. ambassador payments), mean they are all more than happy to stay and sit on the bench. That’s why they joined city in the first place. Money mercenaries.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Go 'ed..some beauts in there.

What other reasons did they miss?

Tues/Weds are very difficult for City fans to get someone to mind their pet elephants..

That video would have taken less time if they had simply said, they are a small club and don't have many fans.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
let me just take this opportunity to say:

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
If I may, let me just add...

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:wave

I suppose Ped Clampett will just have to spend another billion now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 12:00:24 am by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
They’ll be gutted because they’ve been using the League cup to bump up their trophy numbers.

They are level with us with 8 league cups and with 6 of those from the last 8 seasons.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
Agreed.  The League Cup in the past few years has just been a way for them to keep their squad players sharp and for Jesus to double his seasonal goal tally.

Being out is more of a problem for them than being in.
They’ve won it the last 4 years so the extra games clearly has no impact on them. It is very telling that as soon as they have a half decent team in a cup they go out. Their run of easy cup draws over the last few years has been ridiculous.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Their Blockbusters away kit lettering can fuck off as well

Just seen it described as looking like they were wearing the official kids' pyjamas set which suits it well I thought.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."