Author Topic: Football Manager Series  (Read 37885 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Football Manager 2020
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2020, 08:34:09 am »
Yess!! In the Carabou Cup we've drawn...

EVERTON

8) may as well be a bye!

Interesting game, ended 5-3 to us  :)

On top in the Championship by a point with a game in hand. Funny thing with this custom club though, our ground holds like 5K, and when we're away against QPR or West Ham our Away section is tiny. Hope the support grows! Ah, but won't that make us Man City - a lot of new fans when you reach the big time (at least I'm doing it with footballing success rather than having a sugar daddy)

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2020, 12:30:44 pm »
Started an online save with my mate and we're currently in the third season. We were both sick of having unlimited money in the premier league so decided to manage Rangers and Celtic. Have to admit this has probably been my favorite save that I've done. I went Rangers and he's went Celtic. Got through the first season with minimal signings and won the league on goal difference (went to the last game and he only needed to avoid defeat to win it but he ended up losing against 10 men Hearts). Knocked out of the Europa in the qualifying rounds (got wolves in the last qualifying round). Also won the Scottish cup. Signed Herbie Kane for 300k in January that year and he's been fantastic for me. Also got Brewster and Curtis Jones in on loan.

Into the second season, budget was tight once again so to give myself room to maneuver, I got rid of quite a lot of players who was attracting clubs in England. Think I ended up raising about £60 million from sales. Got a few players on a free to bolster the squad and ended up keeping brewster on loan plus I also got Greenwood on loan. Managed to sign Koita and Majer and they've been great too. Got into the champions league and finished third (group had Madrid, Red Mancs and Schalke). Got to the quarters of the Europa and was unfortunate to get knocked out by Valencia. Blew a 2-0 lead in the last 10 mins over at their place and they came back to draw 2-2. They won 2-1 at Ibrox in the return fixture.

I'm trying to go down the route of Salzburg in the game and been investing in players with high potential and giving them reasonable release clauses. Signed a few south American players for about a fraction of what I sold my players for and they look much better. Won the league by 20 odd points and won the league cup too.

Just about to start the third season. Hoping to get a reasonable group in the CL and maybe get to the last 16. If not, I'll take another run in the Europa again. I need to improve my centre backs if I am to be more competitive in Europe.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2020, 03:03:44 pm »
Won the FA Cup, beating a full strength Liverpool... due to VAR granting us a goal!

It'll do  ;) PL next season. Everton are in the relegation zone now so I probably won't get to play them  :-\

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2020, 08:06:57 pm »
2023:

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 4, 2020, 02:09:04 pm »
I got to the PL!

My owners are expanding my home ground!

.. but look at the last line in this email!  :-\

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2020, 09:47:58 pm »
Just give fm20 a go whilst it’s free. Don’t suppose anyone would fancy starting an online game?

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2020, 11:07:18 pm »
Thought I'd install this while it's free but steam wont let me install it. An error message gives a reason of "invalid platform". Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem?
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2020, 11:15:59 am »
started a new save on the mobile version on my tablet for lockdown..

simmed the first year then took over Donegal Celtic, newly promoted team in the N. Irish 3rd division for a laugh, have 0 defenders so need to get a few free agents in asap

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2020, 12:31:37 pm »
Thought I'd install this while it's free but steam wont let me install it. An error message gives a reason of "invalid platform". Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem?

- 1) Apply any updates to Steam and whatever operating system you're running that might be outstanding. Restart computer.
- 2) Somewhere in steam there's an option to repair/validate game files button. Might also help

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2020, 12:40:13 pm »
Was going to start again on laptop but cannot be arsed putting it so much time into the game again wasted hours on this over the years.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2020, 07:39:10 pm »
I know there's a couple of weeks free, but Argos are selling it for £19.99 at present.  Typically I paid £30 for it a week or two back.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2020, 07:36:15 am »
Just give fm20 a go whilst it’s free. Don’t suppose anyone would fancy starting an online game?

Wait what? Its free?

It says it costs 55 pounds. Or am I looking at the wrong game?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2020, 08:16:27 am »
Wait what? Its free?

It says it costs 55 pounds. Or am I looking at the wrong game?

Are you looking on Steam?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:14 am »
Are you looking on Steam?

Yes mate. Or is it country based?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2020, 08:48:56 am »
Yes mate. Or is it country based?

All I've seen is UK-based news on it being free (and it's extending to 4th april) so if you're elsewhere I wouldn't be surprised if this is why...

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2020, 08:56:33 am »
That might be the case. I live in Germany and I see 54 pounds/euros as the price for this game.

Ah. Damn. I was thinking if possible I will pick it up. Now will wait.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2020, 09:26:52 am »
That's a shame, it's not like the UK is the only place locked down  :-\

If you or anyone is interested in picking it up, CDKeys.com have a sale, I got it from there - although it's grey market (the developers get more if you buy directly)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2020, 09:36:39 pm »
Thanks a lot, mate. I bought the keys at CDKeys. Lovely website BTW. I have bookmarked a couple of other things that I might need in the future But wrt FM20, decided to give it to my brother who is at home for the time being. He needs some respite being away from family and friends.

I will pick it up at a later date. I found an equivalent football manager game that's full of made-up names and made up players for free on steam. I think for the level I play, this should suffice. :)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2020, 02:13:40 pm »
That's a shame, it's not like the UK is the only place locked down  :-\

If you or anyone is interested in picking it up, CDKeys.com have a sale, I got it from there - although it's grey market (the developers get more if you buy directly)

Nice one mate just used this myself  8)

Do they still do data packs online by any chance? Wouldn’t mind getting the faces, badges and kits.

How the hell do you search for a specific player to sign? My heads up the wall here haha.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:36:52 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 1, 2020, 09:33:50 am »
Nice one mate just used this myself  8)

Do they still do data packs online by any chance? Wouldn’t mind getting the faces, badges and kits.

How the hell do you search for a specific player to sign? My heads up the wall here haha.

Searching for players or whatever: just type into the bar at the top

And for graphics packs etc. sure, there's loads! FMScout is a good place to start  :)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 1, 2020, 12:15:57 pm »
Searching for players or whatever: just type into the bar at the top

And for graphics packs etc. sure, there's loads! FMScout is a good place to start  :)

Nice one mate!

Started a season with Liverpool to get used to it and signed Sancho, lost the community shield, won the super cup and won my first 2 games both against City and Spurs.

I think I’ll win the league and then start a new season with a lower league team for a challenge.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2020, 04:45:13 am »
Downloaded a pack which means I can play down to level 12!  Just started a game as West Kirby so after destroying all the existing players and getting in a shedload of 18 year olds, let's see how this shitshow goes  ;D
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2020, 05:02:28 am »
Downloaded a pack which means I can play down to level 12!  Just started a game as West Kirby so after destroying all the existing players and getting in a shedload of 18 year olds, let's see how this shitshow goes  ;D

Keep us updated!

I've got an 03/04 Santander game, 95/96 and 06/07 Liverpool games going too thanks to some but who does databases for new games.

In the 06/07 game I brought in Messi, Iniesta, Milito, Rafinha, Modric, Ribery and Pallacio. Team is unreal, beating everyone and their dog.

All thanks to...Mark Gonzalez, with 8 goals in 7 games. As expected.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2020, 06:16:47 pm »
Just been added to Game Pass on PC.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2020, 08:46:24 pm »

Give us a link?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2020, 08:53:46 pm »
Just been added to Game Pass on PC.
Yep, because I bought it last week.  Typical.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2020, 01:42:11 pm »
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2020, 04:43:05 pm »
sadly not working on XBGP :(

in fact no editor function at all!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2020, 08:34:25 pm »
Editor didn't come to the GamePass version of FM19 either so don't expect it for 20. Might download it and earn some achievements once this save has got boring

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2020, 10:52:25 am »
Does anyone have a problem when it is a 2v2 situation against your defense, whether it is from a long ball by a team playing 4-4-2 bypassing your midfield or a counter on you from a set piece (corner, foul on the edge of their area) that both defenders will always, always tend to go mark the guy that doesn't have the ball, leaving the guy who has the ball and in charge of the counter attack against you with acres of space that he goes on and score from? It happens with different players so it is not the OI because a counter on me from a set piece usually involves other players than their strikers and I defend them with my fullbacks. It is funnier is that when I leave three players at the back from a corner, two of them immediately go mark the other attacker and the other defender go to the player who has the ball launching himself into the tackle and gets bypassed easily creating the same problem. Any fix to it is appreciated!

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2020, 08:22:58 pm »
Started a save with SPAL as I wanted do an Atalanta with them, turn a lower level Serie A club into a side who qualify for European football. After 9 games was sitting in 16th place but have since gone on an absolute insane run of form winning 11 out of 13 to now go into the top four by beating 4th place Napoli 5-1 to go ahead of them on goal difference.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2020, 09:18:27 am »
Does anyone have a problem when it is a 2v2 situation against your defense, whether it is from a long ball by a team playing 4-4-2 bypassing your midfield or a counter on you from a set piece (corner, foul on the edge of their area) that both defenders will always, always tend to go mark the guy that doesn't have the ball, leaving the guy who has the ball and in charge of the counter attack against you with acres of space that he goes on and score from? It happens with different players so it is not the OI because a counter on me from a set piece usually involves other players than their strikers and I defend them with my fullbacks. It is funnier is that when I leave three players at the back from a corner, two of them immediately go mark the other attacker and the other defender go to the player who has the ball launching himself into the tackle and gets bypassed easily creating the same problem. Any fix to it is appreciated!

Yeah this rings a bell. Annoyingly!

Though from my own play while I know exactly what you're talking about I haven't seen it enough to think it's a bug vs the player having a brainfart per se. If you reported this to SI, they'd probably want to know how you deffo, 100% know it isn't your tactics.. which to me is just the obvious stuff, who you're closing down, who is marked, what the defenders are individually instructed to do.

The last patch tried to fix one-on-ones, and looks like they currently have a bug open for investigating it still, and other people on their board have moaned about strikers not scoring in similar situations to this. Defenders not tracking a second man, and the like. So I think it's something on the radar?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2020, 07:11:16 pm »
Chairman rejects a 60m bid for my 72m rated fourth choice striker from Atletico, yet accepts 20% wages and 110k a week loan offer from our division rival Arsenal

Fucking idiot
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2020, 08:41:44 pm »
Every time I get promoted to the prem I get bored. Forest Green > Blackburn, got them into prem, absolutely bombed because the chairman was stupidly tight, got fired > Brentford, got them promoted, chairman also being tight, probably will survive though, but I lose interest when I get promoted and teams like Watford have 6X my budget.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2020, 08:46:25 pm »
Every time I get promoted to the prem I get bored. Forest Green > Blackburn, got them into prem, absolutely bombed because the chairman was stupidly tight, got fired > Brentford, got them promoted, chairman also being tight, probably will survive though, but I lose interest when I get promoted and teams like Watford have 6X my budget.
It's harder to do well as promoted team in Premier League than other European Leagues because if you have a tight budget you can't raid the loan market.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2020, 09:56:24 pm »
It's harder to do well as promoted team in Premier League than other European Leagues because if you have a tight budget you can't raid the loan market.

That's a big reason I struggled when I got Blackburn promoted. In the championship I had Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot on loan, and they were both great, got promoted and couldn't loan them back. so rather than improving my squad, I had to try bring two new wingers in, and that's where my whole budget went
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2020, 10:05:07 pm »
I tried a Serie B save and their rules are so shit I had to bail immediately.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2020, 10:23:38 pm »
Going to start a St. Pauli game soon.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2020, 11:40:55 pm »
Someone needs to write a new version of 01/02 for me. The fun was never in details tactical management and the match engine; for me it was always buying players, training them etc....Even now I stick 01/02 on super fast match.

You can install 2020 squads for CM 2001/2.

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.