Author Topic: The BBC  (Read 128719 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The BBC
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2019, 08:56:09 am »
Freeing the BBC of the licence fee might also free it from having to kowtow to the government of the day. So the unintended consequence of Patel's action may be to give us stronger critical coverage of the Tories. The BBC 'brand' will still stand for quality among the general, non-Tory population and the world at large, so that could be highly effective.
Just being devil's advocate.

Or it could become the Tories’ mouthpiece. Plenty of Tories work there and their content is watched more by the older generation.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2019, 11:19:59 am »
Freeing the BBC of the licence fee might also free it from having to kowtow to the government of the day. So the unintended consequence of Patel's action may be to give us stronger critical coverage of the Tories. The BBC 'brand' will still stand for quality among the general, non-Tory population and the world at large, so that could be highly effective.

Really? Explain how that would work. The BBC still does stand for quality for most normal people. It's the constant sniping from the right and the left that are the problem. The right wing of the Tory party must be pissing themselves laughing as the Corbynites slag off the BBC and do their work for them.

Take away the universal licence fee and who pays? Subscribers? Advertisers? And the people who pay will set the agenda.

At the moment while there is pressure from Government, there is also a charter and a trust.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2019, 03:08:38 pm »
Absolute state of the BBC's political reporting and especially that push notification everyone in the country will have received regarding Juncker's statement today - fucking pish journalism, no critical thought applied whatsoever. I hate it.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2019, 12:28:35 pm »
Absolute state of the BBC's political reporting and especially that push notification everyone in the country will have received regarding Juncker's statement today - fucking pish journalism, no critical thought applied whatsoever. I hate it.

I didn't receive it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2019, 12:38:51 pm »

I didn't receive it.

Neither did I - any chance you could post it on here?

Was it reporting or comment?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2019, 01:21:48 pm »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2019, 03:16:47 pm »
https://twitter.com/BobJWilliams/status/1184827284680773632

...and.....
According to the Guardian Junkter has ruled out a further extension. It will be a choice between this deal and a no deal.

But yes, burn the BBC down

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2019, 03:27:27 pm »
https://twitter.com/BobJWilliams/status/1184827284680773632

Fuck me - is that it?

It was 'breaking news' for fucks sake. Are people so fucking thick that they think 'breaking news' is the same as political commentary, or even a full news report.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:29:21 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2019, 03:29:12 pm »
...and.....
But yes, burn the BBC down

I don't object to them reporting what was said - its they way they've pushed out the notification to everyone with the BBC News app (millions of people) as if it was some sort of breakthrough. Its a massive lie! Breaking news implies something massive, when this obviously wasn't, as you yourself noted in the next post down from Jill's. Its pure sloppiness, especially as most of those people reading won't read any follow up and take that as being true.

The BBC should analyse and inform, not just rush to repeat what has been said without any due care. That notification completely misleads anyone who reads it - what is the point of a public service broadcaster if its just repeating things being said without taking a second to verify if the information they're publishing stands up to scrutiny?

The dumbing-down, instant noodles style of journalism is making me more and more angry because it shouldn't be coming from the BBC, because the standards  - in theory - should be higher. Channel 4 and Sky News absolutely shit on the BBC's Brexit coverage, and its news coverage in general. If you took a shot every time Laura Kuenssberg mentions her fucking "number 10 sources" during her reports, you'd be pissed after 30 seconds.

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2019, 03:31:19 pm »
Fuck me - is that it?

It was 'breaking news' for fucks sake. Are people so fucking thick that they think 'breaking news' is the same as political commentary, or even a full news report.

It was completely wrong for them to do that Alan - it was uninformed, lazy journalism and I expect more from a public broadcaster.

Also, people pay a (pretty big) monthly fee under threat of prosecution via the TV licence to read that shite - as far as I know they don't have to do that to read my shite (donations welcome) ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:33:04 pm by J_Kopite »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2019, 03:42:34 pm »
It was completely wrong for them to do that Alan - it was uninformed, lazy journalism and I expect more from a public broadcaster.

Also, people pay a (pretty big) monthly fee under threat of prosecution via the TV licence to read that shite - as far as I know they don't have to do that to read my shite (donations welcome) ;D

It was 'breaking news' which by definition is partial information. What exactly is the relevance unless that is the only piece of information someone receives?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2019, 04:47:48 pm »
as you yourself noted in the next post down from Jill's..

Not me!

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2019, 05:34:46 pm »
Lovely of her to prove my point within an hour of that post :lmao

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1185215653877293057

He is backing the Letwin amendment ffs

Online McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2019, 09:01:29 pm »
I resent paying the license fee. Always have. Wouldn't miss a thing about that great and noble institution. Well, maybe Pointless.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2019, 09:54:01 pm »
I resent paying the license fee. Always have. Wouldn't miss a thing about that great and noble institution. Well, maybe Pointless.
I've mostly lived abroad for the best part of decade. But I was back for about 6 months straddling the New Year. I caught Pointless a couple of times. It just made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY_zcHjARgc
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2019, 10:02:47 pm »
Lovely of her to prove my point within an hour of that post :lmao

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1185215653877293057

He is backing the Letwin amendment ffs

“As an insurance policy, the Benn Act needs to stay in place. That’s why I’ll support the Letwin amendment.

I have some concerns about the deal. Is there a risk that at the end of 2020 we find ourselves on WTO terms with the EU? That’s a very bad outcome. But that is a matter Parliament can examine whilst scrutinising the Withdrawal Agreement Bill.

I’ve been making the case for a long time that resolving Brexit was going to require compromise. Tomorrow I will back the PM’s compromise. I hope Parliament will back the deal.

He’s voting for the Letwin amendment as an insurance policy but he’s backing the deal. 

Why are you misrepresenting what he said by quoting him out of sequence? 

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2019, 11:25:01 pm »
Yes
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2019, 10:31:14 am »
Not one for conspiracy theories but they’re so under the Tories thumb it’s fucking ridiculous.

How many ‘mistakes’ have they made in the last month that have made Johnson or the Tories look better?
Why are Labour assured that Johnson will also have an Andrew Neil interview when they haven’t even confirmed it with him?
Why is the political editor promoting Dominic Cummings’ blog on her Twitter feed? Why is she retweeting tweets saying that journalists should “pummel Jeremy Corbyn”?
The NHS/US negotiations should have received much more attention than it actualky has. Instead they’re sharing videos of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson making scones.

They’re fronting the Tories propaganda, absolutely fuck them.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2019, 10:50:29 am »
Some of you are an absolute bunch of crybabies.

Waaah the BBC is biased against us! Abolish the fee!

Careful what you wish for there as once commercial interest gets involved, anyone could take over - Murdoch for example.

The BBC is a magnificent institution but like all huge corporations has Good and Bad things about it. But it’s astonishing how many of the same people decrying the BBC will happily consume absolutely ludicrously biased (in their favour) media without questioning it.

We need impartiality now more than ever.

And besides all of that as a service since it’s inception it has been unbelievably consistent in some of the greatest television achievements around Nature programming, in depth journalism and reporting all over the world, promoting a range of music and talent through BBC2 and 6 music, providing free to air access to some of the worlds greatest sporting events.

It is respected all over the world and there is nothing like it anywhere else. And some of you want to stop supporting it because it had some people on that you object to or it doesn’t promote your own political interests.

Bottom line, if you’re agreeing with the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Express, the ERG, the Murdochs, and Nigel Frottage, you’re probably on the wrong side of this argument.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2019, 11:50:27 am »

Careful what you wish for there as once commercial interest gets involved, anyone could take over - Murdoch for example.

The BBC is a magnificent institution but like all huge corporations has Good and Bad things about it. But it’s astonishing how many of the same people decrying the BBC will happily consume absolutely ludicrously biased (in their favour) media without questioning it.

And besides all of that as a service since it’s inception it has been unbelievably consistent in some of the greatest television achievements around Nature programming, in depth journalism and reporting all over the world, promoting a range of music and talent through BBC2 and 6 music, providing free to air access to some of the worlds greatest sporting events.

It is respected all over the world and there is nothing like it anywhere else. And some of you want to stop supporting it because it had some people on that you object to or it doesn’t promote your own political interests.

Bottom line, if you’re agreeing with the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Express, the ERG, the Murdochs, and Nigel Frottage, you’re probably on the wrong side of this argument.

I agree with your 'be careful what you wish for', but since 2010 its partisan pro-Government bias has been scandalous. They're not even bothering with subtlety at times now.

There were numerous reports by BBC journalists after the 2015 GE of open intimidation by Government, backed up by Milliband's strategist, to be more pro-government/Tory.

In terms of political/election topics covered, Cardiff & Loughborough universities analysed what percentage of coverage the BBC gave to different issues. In the lead-up to the 2015 election, polls had indicated the most important single topic to voters was the NHS, but this got only 3.6% of coverage, whilst the economy and taxation (the two issues the Tories polled highest on) got 12.1% and 11.5% respectively. Housing (the 5th most important issue according to polls) got 2.3%.

It's undoubtedly got worse, and whether Kuenssberg is just incompetent, easily manipulated by Tory central office, or is deliberately biased, it's pain that she gives the Tories and their politicians a far easier ride than Labour, and seems to nitpick at Labour and leftist ideals/policies relentlessly, whilst ignoring Tory indiscretions.

I don't know what the answer is but we now have a national broadcaster whose political neutrality - in their news editorial line at least - is severely compromised.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2019, 11:59:48 am »

* Allo Allo
* Adrian Mole
* Alan Partridge
* Alas Smith and Jones
* Alexi Sayle's Stuff
* Are you Being Served?
* Big Train
* Blackadder
* Bread
* Butterflies
* Benny Hill
* Comic Strip Presents
* Dads Army
* The Day Today
* Extras
* Fawlty Towers
* French and Saunders
* Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
* Fast Show
* Frost Report
* Gavin and Stacey
* Goodness Gracious Me
* Good Life
* Goodies
* Goon Show
* Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
* I'm Sorry, I haven't a Clue
* Just A minute
* Doctor Who
* Blakes Seven
* Lenny Henry
* The Liver Birds
* Likely Lads
* Red Dwarf

And the list goes on and on and on..

.. without the BBC, I think this Nation wouldn't be what it was. Slag the BBC off all you like, but there has been decades of quality programming that wouldn't have been done if it had been a corporate funded playing - see US Shows for Reference.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2019, 12:09:49 pm »

And the BBC are providing just that :lmao

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #222 on: November 28, 2019, 12:10:34 pm »
And the BBC are providing just that :lmao

Generally they still are. Show a more impartial broadcaster in the UK..

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #223 on: November 28, 2019, 12:12:12 pm »

I agree with your 'be careful what you wish for', but since 2010 its partisan pro-Government bias has been scandalous. They're not even bothering with subtlety at times now.

There were numerous reports by BBC journalists after the 2015 GE of open intimidation by Government, backed up by Milliband's strategist, to be more pro-government/Tory.

In terms of political/election topics covered, Cardiff & Loughborough universities analysed what percentage of coverage the BBC gave to different issues. In the lead-up to the 2015 election, polls had indicated the most important single topic to voters was the NHS, but this got only 3.6% of coverage, whilst the economy and taxation (the two issues the Tories polled highest on) got 12.1% and 11.5% respectively. Housing (the 5th most important issue according to polls) got 2.3%.

It's undoubtedly got worse, and whether Kuenssberg is just incompetent, easily manipulated by Tory central office, or is deliberately biased, it's pain that she gives the Tories and their politicians a far easier ride than Labour, and seems to nitpick at Labour and leftist ideals/policies relentlessly, whilst ignoring Tory indiscretions.

I don't know what the answer is but we now have a national broadcaster whose political neutrality - in their news editorial line at least - is severely compromised.

Well then I would sincerely, genuinely ask you (or any of the people who have suggested the Beeb lose its funding) to name me such an organisation with as far a reach and as varied an output.

If not, just a news organisation that fulfills the impartiality requirements you propose.

I simply don’t see the same issues that you do. It is an incredibly difficult thing to judge how easy a ride politicians get, since they aren’t all the same. Diane Abbott is far more likely, all things being equal, to make a catastrophic mistake during interviews than her counterpart.

This is also the fault of the party- putting forward inept MPs or not having easy to defend policies, and not having everyone singing from the same hymn sheet.

The Tories are disgraceful for outright lying - especially about Brexit - but we expect more which does make Labours position undoubtedly more difficult. However you have to put forward interviewees who can handle difficult subjects and difficult interviews. Labour have more often than not recently not done that. It doesn’t help when their leader is pretty woeful during interviews and allows easy gotchas to dominate the news cycle for days.

Case in point - a heartfelt apology would have meant the press looking at other issues faster. You cannot blame the interviewer when they have gold in the form of a politician obfuscating when they should be delivering very easy answers.

Anyway my main point- which broadcaster meets the criteria that many of you on here are accusing the BBC of falling short of?

If any of you answer RT then you really do need to accept your own bias is completely overruling your own critical faculties.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2019, 12:45:20 pm »
Generally they still are. Show a more impartial broadcaster in the UK..

Channel 4 news and it's current affairs offering is far more impartial and balanced than the BBC's.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2019, 12:45:24 pm »

Case in point - a heartfelt apology would have meant the press looking at other issues faster. You cannot blame the interviewer when they have gold in the form of a politician obfuscating when they should be delivering very easy answers.

Anyway my main point- which broadcaster meets the criteria that many of you on here are accusing the BBC of falling short of?

Could be wrong but after Boris again failed to apologise for actually and directly calling people racist terms and 'bum boys' etc, I don't think the BBC followed up the entire next day with the same headline, in fact they hardly followed up in any way. Maybe I am naive but it's things like that which make people think the BBC is not exactly unbiased.

Secondly, other broadcasters are not paid by us, they can pretty much do as they like. The BBC has a job to stay impartial which they have not been doing, either that or it's just a massive coincidence.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2019, 01:01:38 pm »
I happily pay for my BBC licence due to the entertainment element of what they do.

Their news and politics, I believe is on a slippery slope.  And it isn't the blatant stuff, like removing laughter from soundbites or using the incorrect wreath-laying footage, its the subtle use of language when holding one side to account and the other.  To me, it feels more aggressive towards labour.  But then again I might be hearing things I want to hear.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 28, 2019, 01:15:43 pm »
Channel 4 news and it's current affairs offering is far more impartial and balanced than the BBC's.

Channel 4 news coverage and reporting thereof is excellent in my opinion.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #228 on: November 28, 2019, 01:30:12 pm »

Yes they are good. But are you discounting all the local radio stations that the BBC provides and the World Service which offer a massive range of quality reporting?

I know a lot of the Prime News items in the BBC are run by Tories - placed there by Tories- but you can bet that the people working there are railing against this.

The more complaints they get, the more pressure there is for them to change

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2019, 01:13:24 am »
Ok I'll bite:

* Allo Allo - shite
* Adrian Mole - shite
* Alan Partridge - shite
* Alas Smith and Jones - shite
* Alexi Sayle's Stuff - young ones you mean???? then yes great
* Are you Being Served? - shite
* Big Train -???
* Blackadder - ok
* Bread - Liverpool but shite
* Butterflies - shite
* Benny Hill - shite except for the floppy tits
* Comic Strip Presents -???
* Dads Army - shite
* The Day Today-???
* Extras-???
* Fawlty Towers - racist but not too bad
* French and Saunders - average at best
* Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin - shite
* Fast Show - shite
* Frost Report - shite
* Gavin and Stacey - shite
* Goodness Gracious Me - ???
* Good Life - shite
* Goodies - shite
* Goon Show- ???
* Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy- nay bad
* I'm Sorry, I haven't a Clue - shite
* Just A minute - shite
* Doctor Who - shite
* Blakes Seven - really shite
* Lenny Henry - shite
* The Liver Birds - shite
* Likely Lads - shite
* Red Dwarf - great

So what about 50 years of money for about a few months of entertainment - bargain.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2019, 09:18:55 am »
Ok I'll bite:

* Allo Allo - shite
* Adrian Mole - shite
* Alan Partridge - shite
* Alas Smith and Jones - shite
* Alexi Sayle's Stuff - young ones you mean???? then yes great
* Are you Being Served? - shite
* Big Train -???
* Blackadder - ok
* Bread - Liverpool but shite
* Butterflies - shite
* Benny Hill - shite except for the floppy tits
* Comic Strip Presents -???
* Dads Army - shite
* The Day Today-???
* Extras-???
* Fawlty Towers - racist but not too bad
* French and Saunders - average at best
* Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin - shite
* Fast Show - shite
* Frost Report - shite
* Gavin and Stacey - shite
* Goodness Gracious Me - ???
* Good Life - shite
* Goodies - shite
* Goon Show- ???
* Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy- nay bad
* I'm Sorry, I haven't a Clue - shite
* Just A minute - shite
* Doctor Who - shite
* Blakes Seven - really shite
* Lenny Henry - shite
* The Liver Birds - shite
* Likely Lads - shite
* Red Dwarf - great

So what about 50 years of money for about a few months of entertainment - bargain.

:o

You've also missed off Only Fools & Horses and Not the Nine O'clock News, not to mention a plethora of dramas and documentaries to.  How about the Life Collection or Blue Planet etc.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:11:59 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2019, 09:26:00 am »
i think decriminalising the non payment is a good idea, it is a commodity just like the rest, i sometimes wonder also why they still rail against advertisements for some revenue?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2019, 03:47:57 pm »

You've also missed off Only Fools & Horses and Not the Nine O'clock News, not to mention a plethora of dramas and documentaries to.  How about the Life Collection or Blue Planet etc.
To be fair to BobOnATank, he was working from a list compiled by Andy Pandy. Still, I found many of Andy Pandy's assessments odd. I suppose it just goes to show the breadth of the BBC's audience.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2019, 11:44:01 pm »

Couldn't stand Partridge or the fast show, was gavin & Stacey BBC? couldn't stand that either. Fawlty Towers and blackadder I was too hard on. Doctor Who, Tom Baker but other than that, nah.

Blue "done in edit" Planet, Attenborough fair enough but it feels like abuse of the elderly nowadays although if he really wants to fair play to him.

The marmite selection is Top Gear of course, huge and world wide hit, biggest thing ever for the BBC I believe.

Of course only my opinion ;)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2019, 09:27:24 am »
i think decriminalising the non payment is a good idea, it is a commodity just like the rest, i sometimes wonder also why they still rail against advertisements for some revenue?
I agree on decriminalising. And I don't see the point of BBC3 and 4*, nor Radio 1 and 2. *Channel 4 is the hybrid appealing to the younger audience. Trimming the BBC and decriminalising the licence fee might draw some of the criticism.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2019, 09:37:19 am »
I agree on decriminalising. And I don't see the point of BBC3 and 4*, nor Radio 1 and 2. *Channel 4 is the hybrid appealing to the younger audience. Trimming the BBC and decriminalising the licence fee might draw some of the criticism.
the only thing i would say for BBC 4 is i enjoy the saturday night foreign drama series like Spiral and they have some cracking music but it could be on demand or red button
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2019, 07:38:46 am »
Needs binning off after that shit they pulled after the final last night.

Oh and also for bringing Mrs Browns Boys to the masses.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2019, 01:12:01 pm »
the only thing i would say for BBC 4 is i enjoy the saturday night foreign drama series like Spiral and they have some cracking music but it could be on demand or red button

Some of the Friday music shows on BBC4 are great, even the TOTPs compilation ones from the 70/80s,

I love playing "bought the 7 inch".  :o
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2019, 01:25:36 pm »
* Allo Allo
* Adrian Mole
* Alan Partridge
* Alas Smith and Jones
* Alexi Sayle's Stuff
* Are you Being Served?
* Big Train
* Blackadder
* Bread
* Butterflies
* Benny Hill
* Comic Strip Presents
* Dads Army
* The Day Today
* Extras
* Fawlty Towers
* French and Saunders
* Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
* Fast Show
* Frost Report
* Gavin and Stacey
* Goodness Gracious Me
* Good Life
* Goodies
* Goon Show
* Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
* I'm Sorry, I haven't a Clue
* Just A minute
* Doctor Who
* Blakes Seven
* Lenny Henry
* The Liver Birds
* Likely Lads
* Red Dwarf

And the list goes on and on and on..

.. without the BBC, I think this Nation wouldn't be what it was. Slag the BBC off all you like, but there has been decades of quality programming that wouldn't have been done if it had been a corporate funded playing - see US Shows for Reference.

Ah yes I'd forgotten about tinpot American Broadcasters such as HBO...

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2019, 01:57:17 pm »
Needs binning off after that shit they pulled after the final last night.

What needs binning is FIFA. It took them about ten minutes just to award the referees their bloody medals. The linesman was even allowed to stop and get some human-rights abusing oil sheikh to sign his effing flag.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.