Author Topic: Routes For Cyclists.  (Read 13042 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Routes For Cyclists.
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2016, 03:40:23 pm »
That as my mistake, J.

I wasn't paying attention when I did the route. MMR tends to go onto bike paths automatically and I didn't look to make sure. I'll amend it for the next time you do it. ;D

Next time, fuck that. :P

To be honest i enjoyed the surprise cross section ;D even if i went into it way too fast and nearly crashed into a mtb kid going the other way. Was more posting for others who might follow that route. Didn't enjoy getting lost after....
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2016, 05:57:40 pm »
Next time, fuck that. :P

To be honest i enjoyed the surprise cross section ;D even if i went into it way too fast and nearly crashed into a mtb kid going the other way. Was more posting for others who might follow that route. Didn't enjoy getting lost after....
Did we not enjoy the climbing? ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2016, 06:46:45 pm »
Did we not enjoy the climbing? ;D

Dunno. To be honest I think I'm a bit indifferent towards climbs, I like when its out in the hills.

Think I just don't really enjoy new routes, they don't flow.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 4, 2016, 12:12:01 am »
This is my C2C route- Liverpool to Hornsea ....it's the shortest C2C I could find :P Its also comparatively flat, I think. The best bit is that it is really quiet - on a Saturday lunchtime, I hardly saw a car on some of the A roads. The city centres are obviously busy, and the peak up to Scouthead...from then on you're on your own.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1145326858

The route starts on the East Lancs and follows it into Manchester. There is a bike path on the east-bound side that is mostly wide and in good condition, and obviously much safer than cycling on that road. In Manchester, cut across to the A62 towards and through Oldham.

From Oldham, it'll start climbing up to Scouthead and then more up to were the Pennine Way crosses (this is called Standedge cutting on the map)...now you're high up with a nice view across the moors. It doesn't get higher than this, but there is more climbing... leave the A62 and turn right onto Mount Road into Marsden.

Follow that road past the south of Huddersfield, going through Blackmoorfoot and then cutting across some lanes to Fenay Bridge, where you'll hit the A642...for a last climb. Follow the A642 into Wakefield. The route MMR made then leaves it and goes to the north-west of the city centre, mostly on quiet streets, but there's also a stretch through a park and on a bike path. One bit is gravel, but the rest is tarmac. You could also just stay on the A642, because you'll rejoin it once out of town...for a bit, before cutting across on the TPT (good tarmac, plus a very short bit of gravel) to the B6135 (you can avoid the TPT by staying on the A642 and turn off directly onto B6135). This will take you into Castleford..

In Castleford MMR tried to send me on a tow path to cut across to Fairburn on the A1246....don't do that. The tow path barely exists and is so bumpy you'd want to walk.... I've changed the route so it goes around on the road.

Cross the busy A1246 and ride on the quiet country lanes across the fields to Selby. From Selby, follow the A163 to Holme-on-Spalding-Moor (they have fucking weir place names over there....you'll pass through Foggathorpe, my favourite ;D). Continue to Market Weighton and then ride through pretty bike country, the Yorkshirre Wolds, to Beverly. From here it's the A1035 to Hornsea. I had a rainbow over the sea greet me there. :)
« Last Edit: July 4, 2016, 10:25:04 am by redbyrdz »

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2016, 04:30:28 pm »
A little loop for some climbing practice.

Starts off with the steepest climb of the day at Shaley, y'all know this.  From here it's down to the canal at Gathurst...then it's a steady incline to the turn off, another short climb and then more speed work to the turn at the endowed school. This is another sharp climb, goes over 10% in sections. Take the right at the pub, be aware that this is a tight single track road without any places to pass on, it's also invariably wet at this time of the year. Take a left at the bottom and first right into Parbold, follow the road to the end, go right and then take the left at the roundabout up to the church at Dalton and onto the "Billy" at the top. Off here and over to Tower Hill and then it's a sharp descent, a left at the bottom and stay on this road until you reach the start point back at Kings Moss.

There's no really hard climbs on here, Shaley, the climb on Bannister Lane...will be the two hardest. The rest are tempo climbs.

The idea is to do as many loops as you can...the most we've managed together is 4 and it was hard too maintaining an avs over 15 mph.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/1339278778/

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2017, 03:24:34 pm »
Wednesday sees us off to Wales for a little dabble:4 Climbs. Title explains all you need to know.

The 4 climbs though are Hope Mountain both ways, the Old Shoe and Pen Barras. There are several other "smaller" climbs on the route too, 8 more actually.

A decent little dabble with re-up spots on all the route.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1833973253