Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake (with added Rebirth)  (Read 27747 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2019, 09:51:20 am »
I'll wait for the 'whole' game to be released before I buy any part. I feel they'll not bother releasing it in parts, I hope I'm correct, it's a rediculous idea. Sure there's plenty to do FF7 was a big world but the fact is it's a remake, there's so much they don't need to do, it really should be done quite quickly I believe. Im looking forward to it, but playing through part one then waiting even 12 months for part 2 is crazy. Considering how useless they are with keeping release dates, they probably should have farmed out the remake to be done by some other company
If its about money, I'd happily pay twice a regular rrp for this if it released as a whole and this remake is done right.

Wrong on so many levels.

They have to basically build the game in full, in a new engine on a much grander scale, you think the modern gamer would accept a 35 hour game like original FF VII was for an RPG, games nowadays are so much more, just from what they've said Midgar alone is going to be longer than that, they are fleshing out the world, not doing it like for like with how it was 20 years ago.

I expect everything will be expanded on, whether that is Turks moments and story, Avalanche members getting more screen time and dialogue/participation, Fort Condor being bigger/having more going on...etc etc... everything will be much bigger, it's not a remaster after all, as you said, it is a remake of a game, so just like some movies that get rebooted, it's not a carbon copy.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2019, 10:02:12 am »
I'll wait for the 'whole' game to be released before I buy any part. I feel they'll not bother releasing it in parts, I hope I'm correct, it's a rediculous idea. Sure there's plenty to do FF7 was a big world but the fact is it's a remake, there's so much they don't need to do, it really should be done quite quickly I believe. Im looking forward to it, but playing through part one then waiting even 12 months for part 2 is crazy. Considering how useless they are with keeping release dates, they probably should have farmed out the remake to be done by some other company
If its about money, I'd happily pay twice a regular rrp for this if it released as a whole and this remake is done right.

Dunno how to break this to you....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #162 on: September 6, 2019, 11:59:31 am »
Geez, ive copped some flak for that post. Released in parts, god thats a turn off for me, i hope they change their mind, hows that for everyone

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2019, 05:29:05 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w1LCcLS2YxI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w1LCcLS2YxI</a>

A lot more of the game's Midgar prologue here.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2019, 05:46:57 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w1LCcLS2YxI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w1LCcLS2YxI</a>

A lot more of the game's Midgar prologue here.

I’m looking forward to fighting Sephiroth in 2028.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2019, 07:37:18 pm »
Typical Square FMV trailer. I doubt many will disagree with Tifa's 'look' :P

I do like of a fleshed out Midgar game. Plenty of nods to the original

Also like the speculation that Don Corneo might be voiced by Mark Hamill which would be awesome
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:39:21 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2019, 09:18:43 pm »
Looks great

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2019, 09:56:38 pm »
Looks awesome

How many episodes are there gonna be though?! Midgar wasn’t even a huge part of it! Can’t imagine they’ll do ‘part 2 - the world map’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2019, 03:48:33 pm »
The dialog makes Final Fantasy X sound like Romeo and Juliet.
:D

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2019, 03:58:20 pm »
Looks awesome

How many episodes are there gonna be though?! Midgar wasn’t even a huge part of it! Can’t imagine they’ll do ‘part 2 - the world map’

Apparently they're expanding the Midgaar part quite a lot. I'm not sure if they'll do that for the whole game though or if the rest will be a similar length to the original.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2019, 08:36:58 am »
Gameplay footage has finally dropped

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NauR6LXV5ww" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NauR6LXV5ww</a>

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2019, 09:21:07 am »
Gameplay footage has finally dropped

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NauR6LXV5ww" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NauR6LXV5ww</a>

It looks fantastic.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2019, 04:08:24 pm »
Old and New

Dare I say there's enough space there in the new one for a 4-member party???  :odd :odd :odd

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2019, 09:46:42 pm »
Cloud, Barret and Red XIII

Always

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2019, 11:27:43 am »

Always

Cloud, Barret, Cid and Tifa for me

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2019, 12:50:24 pm »

Always

Cloud, Cid & Red XIII for me although on the recent remaster I replaced Red XIII with Yuffie purely cause All Creation is fucking boss.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2019, 07:34:24 pm »
OK that gameplay trailer has me hyped again.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2019, 08:31:42 pm »
OK that gameplay trailer has me hyped again.

I think they got it spot on. Full turn based was never going to work and button mashing would have been pointless

This feels very strategic whilst still being in an open environment.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2019, 08:56:34 pm »
They've actually said there will also be a Classic Battle mode where its fully turn based and "static" if people want to play that way. It's good to have options!

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2019, 10:23:02 am »
They've actually said there will also be a Classic Battle mode where its fully turn based and "static" if people want to play that way. It's good to have options!

This is very welcome news, the new mode looks cool but old skool classic is a great surprise to wake up to there, excellent!

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2019, 11:14:16 am »
This is very welcome news, the new mode looks cool but old skool classic is a great surprise to wake up to there, excellent!

It's not quite that though, it's basically the same as the remake except the AI takes over and performs attacks while the ATB gauge fills, then you pick an attack like you would in a turn-based game.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/17/final-fantasy-7-remakes-classic-mode-is-a-loving-nod-to-the-past-but-it-wont-satisfy-purists

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2019, 11:22:49 am »
It's not quite that though, it's basically the same as the remake except the AI takes over and performs attacks while the ATB gauge fills, then you pick an attack like you would in a turn-based game.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/17/final-fantasy-7-remakes-classic-mode-is-a-loving-nod-to-the-past-but-it-wont-satisfy-purists

Well that is disappointing.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2019, 04:13:04 pm »
Urgh, seems they had no budget for background/scenery.  Just dark Midgar with green lighting on pretty much every clip.  I imagine a lot of the game will be running through the underground tunnels.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2019, 04:41:04 pm »
I'm just gonna go and say it.. I like FFVIII more than FFVII. Way more.

Awesome FFVIII things:

1. Solid character design that has since only gotten wackier (Ix) excepted.
2. No shitty voice acting - I honestly think I would have liked FFX 200% more without Tidus's and Yuna's awful voice actors.
3. Open world map. There's just something fun about discovering things flying around on an airship.
4. Good magic system - IIRC a lot less grindy than FFX's
5. Good music
6. Some stirring scenes: Squall carrying Rinoa on his back down the train track to Esthar was great stuff for a teenage lass. As was Laguna and Julia.
7. Triple Triad is by far the best card game in the franchise, and very likely the best mini-game.
8. The world design is top notch - very beautiful game for its time.
9. The big side bosses are boss.
10. First game in the franchise with interactive limit breaks (I think?)

11. It was really, really easy to get no random encounters. Once you knew which cards are converted to which items which are converted to what spells, an hour or so of carding enemies at the start (to get the GP points without levelling up) and some card playing in the Garden gets you the no encounter perk and enough junctioning to one hit all bosses. I usually got to that stage before Timber.

My favourite part of FFVII: chocobo breeding and racing.
Other FF-related point: FFVI has the best music.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 2, 2020, 01:00:02 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AYCDnRMoCDY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AYCDnRMoCDY</a>

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 1, 2020, 12:37:56 pm »
Hype Hype Hype

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3alSpW18SnE&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3alSpW18SnE&amp;</a>

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 1, 2020, 02:48:11 pm »
I was toying with leaving this for a while so I could get it on PC but fuck it, I'll be switching to PS4 as it looks amazing.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 1, 2020, 05:21:22 pm »
Never played the original (I know, I know,) so was going to give this a miss but thought fuck it, pre-ordered it today for £40 👍

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2020, 12:59:38 pm »
Got my Shopto pre-order in. Cant fucking wait for this

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2020, 12:19:30 pm »
Really excited for this

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2020, 04:15:21 pm »
I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition with the Cloud statue and bike, and then 15 mins later was walking in my room and realised I had just spent £270 on 1 game which was the price of the Switch I bought last year. Those bastards got me good.

I cancelled this last week because I just can't justify it. Will go for the £80 version at GAME which has an art book and some other things.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 2, 2020, 09:31:54 am »
Demo is out

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 2, 2020, 04:52:46 pm »
Demo is out

And it’s brilliant.

Never played the original but seriously considering picking this up just from the demo.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 2, 2020, 05:58:24 pm »
Love it
Love it
Love it

Plays exactly how I hoped it would.

Roll on April

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 2, 2020, 06:15:45 pm »
Yeah it's good. Feel like they've nailed it going off that. Took a little time getting used to the combat, kinda similar to FFXV. Thought that boss was tough personally  :D

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: March 2, 2020, 06:17:04 pm »
Played through twice and been watching some of the streams and previews from some of the game sites, it’s fantastic roll on April 10th.
Gameplay is awesome each character being so different for certain situations, but the depth of info & options in the menu even in the demo is great, the originals menus were deep but confusing, these seem a lot more user friendly and explain more clearly what’s going on.
Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #196 on: March 2, 2020, 08:08:10 pm »
I tried the demo for 15 and genuinely couldn’t work out the battle system at all. Felt like I had no control over what was going on. Had no idea what I was supposed to do. Is it all as complex as it seems?

I loved 12’s system. Wish they would use that again sometime.

This looks great. Never actually played 7, was always more of a 9 man but would love to give this a go.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #197 on: March 2, 2020, 09:21:56 pm »
I tried the demo for 15 and genuinely couldn’t work out the battle system at all. Felt like I had no control over what was going on. Had no idea what I was supposed to do. Is it all as complex as it seems?

I loved 12’s system. Wish they would use that again sometime.

This looks great. Never actually played 7, was always more of a 9 man but would love to give this a go.

Same here, combat just felt all over the place, would rather play the original again than this

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 3, 2020, 02:22:27 pm »
Really enjoyed this last night! I thought Barrett still needs some work, he's boring to play as (due to being static) and doesn't target better enemies when its the CPU as him. Playing as Cloud smashing and slicing everything was super satisfying.

Hope they make Barrett better to play as because Vincent Valentine is my favourite from this game and I don't want him to let me down.

The music is brilliant, even more than the original, and it was really fun to run around a map you know so well in 3rd person this time rather than 4th person. The maps are obviously brand new to us but there was such a sense of familiarity running around the Reactor knowing which way to go without being told.

Liked what they did with the story at the end, too. They have more budget and time to really get into the nitty-gritty of Midgar politics in this one.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 3, 2020, 07:22:34 pm »
Same here, combat just felt all over the place, would rather play the original again than this

The original is on steam and was on sale for £4.99 I picked it up yesterday.  Not sure I can play the new one with the combat as it is, I can see why they have changed it but live action stuff I am rubbish at, other than sports games....