Author Topic: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]  (Read 98986 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]
« Reply #640 on: September 23, 2020, 07:57:46 am »
Still, had a good run.
Let’s hope it’s a great season.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #641 on: September 23, 2020, 08:01:09 am »
What channel is this?
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #642 on: September 23, 2020, 11:31:58 am »
Season 5 is the last season it was announced today. :-\

I think it's best to finish on a high rather than extend the series and go out in a whimper.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #643 on: September 24, 2020, 07:43:52 pm »
Im stunned i thought season 5 had already been shown in Italy, apparently they are still filming scenes for it in Riga Latvia. :o

Also other news Salvatore Esposito (Genny) is in season 4 of Fargo, And he's in all 11 episodes.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #644 on: November 16, 2020, 01:40:37 am »
Finally just seen the film .  Thought it was absolutely stunning and as dark and bleak as ever . Thought the very end of the film was interesting
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #645 on: November 16, 2020, 09:08:57 am »
Loved L'immortale, can't wait for Season 5.  All great things must come to an end.

Has anyone watched this?  Popped up on my Netflix last night - not heard of it.  Suburra: Blood on Rome

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80081537

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #646 on: November 16, 2020, 10:10:06 am »
Loved L'immortale, can't wait for Season 5.  All great things must come to an end.

Has anyone watched this?  Popped up on my Netflix last night - not heard of it.  Suburra: Blood on Rome

No haven't watched it but intend to . Got the customary email from Netflix advertising films/series etc yesterday and this was on there
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: November 16, 2020, 10:47:16 am »
Suburra is ok for a quick fix. Don’t compare it too critically with Gomorra, it’s not as good. The permanent menacing atmosphere of Gomorra is never recreated but for brief spells.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #648 on: November 16, 2020, 02:00:32 pm »
Suburra is ok for a quick fix. Don’t compare it too critically with Gomorra, it’s not as good. The permanent menacing atmosphere of Gomorra is never recreated but for brief spells.

Cheers, will give it a watch when/if I catch up on the other stuff I need to watch.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: November 16, 2020, 02:48:04 pm »

Just started watching Suburra myself recently. Not to be compared with Gomorrah but good in it's own right.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: January 11, 2021, 08:53:59 am »
Finally caught up and finished Season 4. I love Salvatore Esposito (Genny) as an actor after seeing him in Fargo Season 4.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #651 on: January 21, 2021, 01:30:44 pm »
Season 3 finally available in places other than the usual ones, stateside, on HBO Max.

Sort of giggly with the excitement, even though I am confirming the metaphor of being hopelessly behind resto del mundo by that admission.

a posto
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #652 on: July 31, 2021, 11:12:30 pm »

L'Immortale finally came on HBO Max stateside, was mildly disappointed.

Had read criticism that it was fan service, kind of have the feeling it's more director service, as it were...

The relentless obsession with character origin stories in modern film and tv does some characters, in this film in particular, I think, a disservice.

I thought series 3 episode 3 was one of the better episodes in the entire series; to have that episode essentially re-hashed with biblical undertones didn't really deepen but rather cheapened the character.

Still Gomorrah, still quite good, but very definitely not a part of the canon I'll be particularly interested in revisiting.

As with Ziltoid's perspective, your mileage may very well vary...

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #653 on: August 1, 2021, 07:54:01 am »
Yeah L’immortale was ok, but the very last scene did give me goosebumps

I still stand by my thoughts the the actual series Gomorrah is the best show ever made. For me it makes the Wire look like Mrs Browns Boys

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #654 on: August 1, 2021, 01:40:27 pm »
Yeah L’immortale was ok, but the very last scene did give me goosebumps

I still stand by my thoughts the the actual series Gomorrah is the best show ever made. For me it makes the Wire look like Mrs Browns Boys

I knew what was coming right when the old 'Seven' bit transpired and the car skidded to a halt. Agreed, goosebump territory, very good scene.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #655 on: August 1, 2021, 07:36:41 pm »
It’s all about that music that leads into the closing credits

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #656 on: August 2, 2021, 02:20:30 pm »
I need to go back and revisit this.

Started it some time ago now and I *think*, got through the first three seasons. Not sure if I got to season 4 or not.

It is brilliant though. Whether i'd deem it the greatest show ever is another question, mind. I've always held Sopranos and the Wire up and beyond anything else, but on reflection yeah, this is in that conversation.

Never seen the film either.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: November 21, 2021, 11:29:30 am »
Just got round to watching L’immortale. Not as great as the show but it was still a good watch. Anyone know if the first couple of episodes of Season 5 are available with subs yet?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: November 21, 2021, 05:47:34 pm »
Time to shave the hair with a #1, get the shades and leather jacket out and strut about like i'm walking through Secondigliano.

Fuck it's almost winter, i guess not. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: November 22, 2021, 04:20:40 pm »
Has S5 not landed on Sky Atlantic yet?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: November 22, 2021, 04:30:32 pm »
Has S5 not landed on Sky Atlantic yet?
Thought it was on Atlantic in new year?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: November 22, 2021, 05:00:20 pm »
Thought it was on Atlantic in new year?

oh is it.

Bummer

Will see if there are any torrents doing the rounds with subs.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: November 22, 2021, 05:00:29 pm »
"Early December" apparently for the UK air date. Gomorrah reddit has torrent links to download first 2 episodes with Eng subs.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: November 22, 2021, 05:01:07 pm »
"Early December" apparently for the UK air date. Gomorrah reddit has torrent links to download first 2 episodes with Eng subs.

sweeeeeeeeeeet

Cheers

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: November 22, 2021, 07:50:31 pm »
Yeah your right. It's NOW TV that gets it early next year.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #665 on: November 23, 2021, 05:23:00 pm »
love that this is back, one of the best shows ever
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: November 25, 2021, 02:14:15 pm »
Just got new episodes 1 and 2 off a single torrent with multi-subs included.  Lovely stuff.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: November 27, 2021, 07:38:46 pm »
episodes 3 and 4 out, god it's already building up to be really good.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: November 29, 2021, 05:00:53 pm »
Caught up to Ep 4 now

Spoiler
What a mess. Can tell it's the final season, the show is mainly just fanservice now. Ciro breaking out of Genny's master plan prison in 10 minutes of screentime had me groaning, I'm surprised he didn't actually jump over a shark when he got to the river. I don't really understand the worship of Ciro, he was a great character in the first few seasons but his story has been told, I don't feel there's anywhere else left to take his character. They "killed" him at the right time. But wait - he's back! And now he's like fucking Batman or something! Marco D'Amore (Ciro actor) is directing most of this season, which explains a lot.

Having said that, the feel of the show is still there. That camera work and the music remain the elevating factor. The constantly menacing atmosphere, tension rising and falling throughout the episode. Everything is moving at such a pace this season that it still grips me, despite my issues with the writing choices. Lil Monk, the other turf bosses, Mistral, the Gentleman are all good additions. I've always been more interested in the captains, crews and other minor characters of the show, rather than what has become an incredibly contrived Ciro/Genny narrative. Judging by the comments on the Gomorrah reddit, I think I'm in the minority there, so I can see why they're giving fans "exactly what they want" for the finale.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:02:41 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: November 29, 2021, 08:54:21 pm »
Caught up to Ep 4 now

Spoiler
What a mess. Can tell it's the final season, the show is mainly just fanservice now. Ciro breaking out of Genny's master plan prison in 10 minutes of screentime had me groaning, I'm surprised he didn't actually jump over a shark when he got to the river. I don't really understand the worship of Ciro, he was a great character in the first few seasons but his story has been told, I don't feel there's anywhere else left to take his character. They "killed" him at the right time. But wait - he's back! And now he's like fucking Batman or something! Marco D'Amore (Ciro actor) is directing most of this season, which explains a lot.

Having said that, the feel of the show is still there. That camera work and the music remain the elevating factor. The constantly menacing atmosphere, tension rising and falling throughout the episode. Everything is moving at such a pace this season that it still grips me, despite my issues with the writing choices. Lil Monk, the other turf bosses, Mistral, the Gentleman are all good additions. I've always been more interested in the captains, crews and other minor characters of the show, rather than what has become an incredibly contrived Ciro/Genny narrative. Judging by the comments on the Gomorrah reddit, I think I'm in the minority there, so I can see why they're giving fans "exactly what they want" for the finale.
[close]

Spoiler
The thing about Ciro is his name - its why he was always going to be back in the show, his nickname
[close]

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: December 15, 2021, 07:14:05 pm »
All episodes of the new season available to download/watch on Sky on Saturday.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #671 on: December 15, 2021, 07:16:58 pm »

Great! Thanks for confirming
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #672 on: December 15, 2021, 07:36:20 pm »

Yeeerrs

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #673 on: December 16, 2021, 03:31:36 pm »
It's a bit of the same but my god, I love this series. Interesting to see how they'll end the last 2 episodes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: December 16, 2021, 04:07:10 pm »
Brilliant. Can't wait.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: December 18, 2021, 10:18:58 pm »
Is the film essential to watch before season 5, in terms of the storyline? Or is it a complete spin off?

Brilliant timing dropping the entire season just as succession has finished
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #676 on: December 18, 2021, 10:21:15 pm »
Is the film essential to watch before season 5, in terms of the storyline? Or is it a complete spin off?

Brilliant timing dropping the entire season just as succession has finished

I'm working my way through Dopesick at the mo but will be enjoying both Succession and Gomarrah during the forthcoming lockdown. ;D

Offline Careca9

• Main Stander
« Reply #677 on: December 20, 2021, 07:01:36 pm »
It's a bit of the same but my god, I love this series. Interesting to see how they'll end the last 2 episodes.
Someone mentioned menancing athmosphere above and it’s so true the show oozes it, I loved the sopranos and there was some bad stuff happens in that and the characters do horrible stuff but some of them seem almost light hearted compared to characters in gomorrah, Gennaro is possibly as intimidating a person as I have ever watched in a Tv series, no doubt I’m missing some obvious examples but he has to be up there, superb performance by the actor!

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: December 21, 2021, 08:33:06 am »
Thought it was a great season and send off for the show.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #679 on: December 21, 2021, 12:59:09 pm »
Someone mentioned menancing athmosphere above and it’s so true the show oozes it, I loved the sopranos and there was some bad stuff happens in that and the characters do horrible stuff but some of them seem almost light hearted compared to characters in gomorrah, Gennaro is possibly as intimidating a person as I have ever watched in a Tv series, no doubt I’m missing some obvious examples but he has to be up there, superb performance by the actor!

There’s an interesting documentary on Sky Atlantic called ‘A story called Gomorrah’ worth a watch and some interesting snippets, like how the actor playing Gennaro ended up being cast.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain