Author Topic: Xbox  (Read 307395 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Xbox
« Reply #5840 on: September 28, 2021, 10:00:42 pm »
Avengers is coming to gamepass,will have to get my controller fixed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5841 on: September 29, 2021, 02:00:06 am »
I don't know if the trick of stacking 3 years of Xbox live onto an expired account then buying a 1 month ultimate card to upgrade it all to ultimate still works?

It does, yeah. As long as that account hasn't had Ultimate before
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5842 on: October 5, 2021, 04:17:48 pm »
Just noticed a weird thing-- I was last charged for game pass ultimate on Sep 21st, no the next billing date should be Oct 21st, but it's now saying it'll renew June 21st, 2022. I didn't do any of that "buying Gold and upgrading" thing (I'd already done that a year ago). So...are they just giving me 9 months free? Not that I'm complaining!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #5843 on: October 5, 2021, 07:56:10 pm »
Just noticed a weird thing-- I was last charged for game pass ultimate on Sep 21st, no the next billing date should be Oct 21st, but it's now saying it'll renew June 21st, 2022. I didn't do any of that "buying Gold and upgrading" thing (I'd already done that a year ago). So...are they just giving me 9 months free? Not that I'm complaining!
I wouldn’t challenge it mate! Strange. I’d maybe check to make sure you’ve not purchased more but otherwise roll with it.

I got the advert for £1 Game Pass last night but couldn’t take advantage of it (let it elapse recently as ive been busy and not been worth paying for at present, will get it again soon) as it now seems to only be available to those who haven’t had any form of Game Pass before. A shame, as they used to let you get 3 months for a £1 if you let it elapse without renewal for a month or two. I’ll probably get it again when the future line up has a few more things I’m excited about.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #5844 on: October 6, 2021, 03:58:29 pm »
Waited a few more months and still not got close to getting hold of a Series X, so have decided to give in and get a Series S while keeping hold of my One to play my disk games.  I have one question left to ask - I have an Elite controller that I will want to use on both.  Is that going to be a pain to link up every time I switch consoles?  Which one will it choose to connect to if both are powered up otherwise?  This is probably a stupid question but I'm way too lazy to research for myself!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: October 6, 2021, 05:13:12 pm »
Waited a few more months and still not got close to getting hold of a Series X, so have decided to give in and get a Series S while keeping hold of my One to play my disk games.  I have one question left to ask - I have an Elite controller that I will want to use on both.  Is that going to be a pain to link up every time I switch consoles?  Which one will it choose to connect to if both are powered up otherwise?  This is probably a stupid question but I'm way too lazy to research for myself!

Saw a video of someone just doubled pressing the bluetooth sync button on the controller to switch between console and PC, so may work the same way.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5846 on: October 6, 2021, 05:49:25 pm »

If both are powered on it'll connect to whatever it was previously connected to. You'll have to manually change it if you need it to pair with the other console instead.

Shouldn't be too difficult I would think. Just press the pair button on the console and the controller. Usually takes about 15 seconds.

I'm not too sure if it'll "remember" the previous pairing and you can just switch at the push of a button though. I know it works between a PC or laptop and a console. It should in theory work with two consoles but you never know :)

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #5847 on: October 7, 2021, 11:09:12 am »
Saw a video of someone just doubled pressing the bluetooth sync button on the controller to switch between console and PC, so may work the same way.
If both are powered on it'll connect to whatever it was previously connected to. You'll have to manually change it if you need it to pair with the other console instead.

Shouldn't be too difficult I would think. Just press the pair button on the console and the controller. Usually takes about 15 seconds.

I'm not too sure if it'll "remember" the previous pairing and you can just switch at the push of a button though. I know it works between a PC or laptop and a console. It should in theory work with two consoles but you never know :)

Nice one thanks, it shouldn't be an issue then. Last night I had a Series X in my basket on the Microsoft store just about to hit pay when it sold out - happened 3 times.  Need to get my aging fingers working faster...

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5848 on: October 13, 2021, 02:35:00 pm »
I don't know if the trick of stacking 3 years of Xbox live onto an expired account then buying a 1 month ultimate card to upgrade it all to ultimate still works?

Just done this and worked like a charm

Buy 3 of these

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key?mw_aref=74dth566

(3 x £38.99 = £116.97)

and one of these

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/1-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc-eu

(1 x £8.99 = £8.99)

So total £125.96

Then go to https://redeem.microsoft.com/ and add your Xbox Live Gold Memberships one at at time (go to https://redeem.microsoft.com/ again after each one) so you have 3 years of Xbox Live gold membership applied to your account

Then go to https://redeem.microsoft.com/ and add your 1 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code. You will then be asked if you want upgrade your 3 years of xbox live gold to 3 years of Ultimate. Click yes and your account will be upgraded to Ultimate.

There are slightly cheaper ways of doing it. The £8.99 can be reduced to £1 if you go through Microsoft and you have never had Ultimate before. And there are 1/2 day codes you can get from ebay on the cheap that will do the same thing (free trial codes dont work)

But a 1 year ultimate pass on its own costs £103. So to get 3 years for £126 saves you near £200 over the same time

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5849 on: October 13, 2021, 03:18:15 pm »

Nice one Gaz. Away with work at the moment, but hoping this exploit hasn't been fixed by Microsoft before I can get back and do it on Monday.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5850 on: October 13, 2021, 05:02:53 pm »
Might even jump on that myself even though mine doesn’t run out until April (which I only got for £1 anyway).

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5851 on: October 13, 2021, 05:15:11 pm »
Might even jump on that myself even though mine doesn’t run out until April (which I only got for £1 anyway).

You have to let everything expire before you can do it

It is a legit thing and you're not defrauding Microsoft. They just don't actively advertise it and could pull it at any time.

I remember back to the 360 days they had Xbox live gold for £1 a month with no limit so ended up with like 4 years worth of gold membership.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #5852 on: October 14, 2021, 06:24:11 am »
My gamepass runs out on the 23rd of this month..

so after then if I buy 24 months of gold then use the 3 months of gamepass  voucher i got bundled with my series x will I get 27 months ultimate?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5853 on: October 14, 2021, 07:26:12 am »
Hi all. Just bought the Series S - mostly as Xbox has backwards compatibility with some older titles I’d love to replay. I signed up for the Game Pass Ultimate one month trial. As I never owned an Xbox before, is this only available as a monthly subscription? Do they offer some annual deals to get it cheaper anywhere?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5854 on: October 14, 2021, 08:12:27 am »
Zlen thats exactly what the chat above is mate :lmao
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5855 on: October 14, 2021, 09:01:46 am »
Sorry :D
I parachuted without reading a word and thinking my problem was too 'noobie' for general chat here.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5856 on: October 14, 2021, 10:32:02 am »
So, do I need to stack three years of Gold Live, or can I just buy one or two years before converting to Ultimate?
Also do I need to NOT have Ultimate activated when doing this conversion?

Sorry, but Microsoft as usual is fairly confusing with their offering and software.

I currently have the cheap one month of Ultimate activated, do I let that run out before going with Gold to Ultimate conversion?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5857 on: October 14, 2021, 03:21:56 pm »
So, do I need to stack three years of Gold Live, or can I just buy one or two years before converting to Ultimate?
Also do I need to NOT have Ultimate activated when doing this conversion?

Sorry, but Microsoft as usual is fairly confusing with their offering and software.

I currently have the cheap one month of Ultimate activated, do I let that run out before going with Gold to Ultimate conversion?

I'm not sure if it's changed now, but as far as I remember that stacking thing only works if you've never had gamepass before. Otherwise what's stopping people from just doing that every time and not paying full price for gamepass at all?

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5858 on: October 14, 2021, 05:10:58 pm »
Ah ok, fair enough.
I'm ok with paying around 10e a month for Ultimate Gamepass to be honest.
Obviously could have done that if I knew - but objectively it's good value for money and game selection is pretty decent.

How often do they rotate the games and do they kick some out permanently or just add new ones?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5859 on: October 14, 2021, 05:54:52 pm »
Ah ok, fair enough.
I'm ok with paying around 10e a month for Ultimate Gamepass to be honest.
Obviously could have done that if I knew - but objectively it's good value for money and game selection is pretty decent.

How often do they rotate the games and do they kick some out permanently or just add new ones?

The first party ones stay there the whole time. Well so far at least.

The others yeah they keep coming and going. I suggest getting the gamepass app. They send notifications about which ones are leaving and coming soon.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: October 15, 2021, 10:26:49 am »
Anyone tried Back 4 Blood? How does it fare compared to Left 4 Dead? A lot of comments saying it's a bit grindy and not a patch on Valve's original.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5861 on: October 15, 2021, 11:06:26 am »
Anyone tried Back 4 Blood? How does it fare compared to Left 4 Dead? A lot of comments saying it's a bit grindy and not a patch on Valve's original.

I'm enjoying it, it's quite tough on anything but recruit so there's a challenge there.  A lot of comments are also saying it's very good, I'm with them.  I was a huge fan of Left 4 Dead but there's enough here to make it it's own game.  The Card System is a bit confusing at first, I've played around seven hours and I still can't quite get to grips with it.  There are some great set pieces and 80's horror legend Barbara Crampton voices one of the characters, what's not to love ?

If I'd of paid for it I'd be more than happy, the fact it's on Gamepass makes it a no brainer.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5862 on: October 15, 2021, 12:14:38 pm »
I'm enjoying it, it's quite tough on anything but recruit so there's a challenge there.  A lot of comments are also saying it's very good, I'm with them.  I was a huge fan of Left 4 Dead but there's enough here to make it it's own game.  The Card System is a bit confusing at first, I've played around seven hours and I still can't quite get to grips with it.  There are some great set pieces and 80's horror legend Barbara Crampton voices one of the characters, what's not to love ?

If I'd of paid for it I'd be more than happy, the fact it's on Gamepass makes it a no brainer.
Cheers for the balanced view. I loved Left 4 Dead so I've always been drawn to this, I'll give it a go next week.

My Game Pass expires on 25/10 so I'm going to try the stacked exploit to get some heavy amount of Game Pass.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5863 on: October 15, 2021, 12:47:36 pm »
Buying on CD Keys, is UK Xbox Considered EU Location?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5864 on: October 16, 2021, 06:17:44 am »

Well this explains it

https://in.ign.com/xbox-game-pass/168395/news/xbox-game-pass-india-subscription-free-for-8-months-2021

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5865 on: October 16, 2021, 12:43:59 pm »
Buying on CD Keys, is UK Xbox Considered EU Location?

Yes. If you're in the UK, follow my links above
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 12:48:44 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5866 on: October 20, 2021, 07:45:38 pm »
Last bought an xbox 360 years back (still have it and play it the odd time) and was using a ps4 to date but thought fuck it, bought the series x with the winter rolling in. Looking forward to getting stuck into it with that ultimate gamepass. Looks incredible. How do sony measure up to that!

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5867 on: October 20, 2021, 08:24:49 pm »
Last bought an xbox 360 years back (still have it and play it the odd time) and was using a ps4 to date but thought fuck it, bought the series x with the winter rolling in. Looking forward to getting stuck into it with that ultimate gamepass. Looks incredible. How do sony measure up to that!
To what?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5868 on: October 20, 2021, 08:25:30 pm »
To the gamepass?

Sony have their own similar version, but it isn't anywhere near as good.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: October 20, 2021, 08:45:34 pm »
Better exclusive games I suppose?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5870 on: October 20, 2021, 08:57:55 pm »
Yeah, and it combined with the EA ones and they are buying up other publishers/developers left right and centre.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5871 on: October 20, 2021, 09:06:02 pm »
Yeah the gamepass. I can play back 4 dead, forza 5, new Halo and the likes. That's mad. 12 quid a month! Gonna get on football manager aswell. Never played it. Skyrim anniversary edition ooh mama mia!

I thought that Starfield was coming out this november, not next. Got a bit carried away there

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5872 on: October 20, 2021, 09:24:08 pm »
Gonna get on football manager aswell. Never played it.

say goodbye to your job, relationship and sleep pattern. And say hello to taking Kettering to the Champions League in 12 seasons!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5873 on: October 20, 2021, 09:30:59 pm »
say goodbye to your job, relationship and sleep pattern. And say hello to taking Kettering to the Champions League in 12 seasons!
haha work winds down for december and january so the sacrifice shall be easily made!

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5874 on: October 20, 2021, 09:50:07 pm »
haha work winds down for december and january so the sacrifice shall be easily made!

You’ll have Halo and Forza 5 to look forward to next month.  It’s insane value, even better long term when you consider the next Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Starfield games will be on it day one. Oh, and Outer Worlds 2.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5875 on: October 21, 2021, 07:37:10 am »
You’ll have Halo and Forza 5 to look forward to next month.  It’s insane value, even better long term when you consider the next Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Starfield games will be on it day one. Oh, and Outer Worlds 2.
Yeah had no problem chucking down 500 squid on an xbox when you can play hundreds of quids worth of brand new games and oldie classics for a couple quid a month. I wasn't sure wheter to buy a console till i seen that. Brilliant.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5876 on: October 22, 2021, 10:16:14 am »
I watched a few videos last night, am I stupid to get a bit pumped for Starfield? It is, conceptually, looking like what I wanted The Outer Worlds to be. It could be another jewel in Bethesda's crown. Or it could be another Cyberpunk, as 12 months ahead of release they're yet to show playable footage.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5877 on: October 23, 2021, 07:57:06 pm »
GTA 4 San Andreas the definitive edition available on gamepass on day one. Another win for xbox!!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5878 on: October 23, 2021, 08:38:23 pm »
GTA 4 San Andreas the definitive edition available on gamepass on day one. Another win for xbox!!
No Vice City?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5879 on: October 23, 2021, 08:42:59 pm »
No Vice City?

No just SA. GTA3 is on PS Now and SA Gamepass. Vide city the odd one out!