Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 599844 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #4240 on: November 3, 2021, 07:36:55 pm »
Went the new Rudy’s that’s recently opened in the old Sainsbury’s on Bold Street after the cinema earlier, was boss and really good value - think I’m gonna be stuffed for the next two days!

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4241 on: November 3, 2021, 07:56:37 pm »
I always liked Rudys on Castle St, hopefully their quality doesn’t drop with opening another.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4242 on: November 4, 2021, 09:25:40 pm »
Had a few mentions on here before we ate at the Eureka on picton road earlier . Food was fabulous as usual two starters of garlic mushrooms and grilled feta then followed buy two pieces of seas bass on vegetables for the missus and I had padakia which was five charcoal grilled lamp chops all come with chips , rice and a salad , two drinks £46 all in not including a tip ...highly recommended

Offline howman

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4243 on: November 5, 2021, 07:08:29 am »
Morning, any thoughts around the best Sunday lunch in town? Looking for somewhere which serves later into the afternoon rather than just at lunch time.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4244 on: November 5, 2021, 01:04:05 pm »
Morning, any thoughts around the best Sunday lunch in town? Looking for somewhere which serves later into the afternoon rather than just at lunch time.

Slims on Bold Street is good.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #4245 on: November 5, 2021, 03:19:33 pm »

Try The Monro.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Online Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4246 on: November 10, 2021, 09:38:59 pm »
I see a Gordon Ramsay restaurant is moving into the space left by that shite Jaime Oliver gaff.

https://theguideliverpool.com/gordon-ramseys-bread-street-kitchen-bar-is-launching-in-liverpool-one/

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4247 on: November 10, 2021, 10:11:48 pm »
I see a Gordon Ramsay restaurant is moving into the space left by that shite Jaime Oliver gaff.

https://theguideliverpool.com/gordon-ramseys-bread-street-kitchen-bar-is-launching-in-liverpool-one/

So shite out, shite in?

Online Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4248 on: November 10, 2021, 11:34:47 pm »
More than likely. Never been to one to be fair.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4249 on: November 12, 2021, 08:11:24 am »
The Mersey eat: Liverpool’s 10 best restaurants and food halls

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/nov/12/liverpool-10-best-restaurants-and-food-halls

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #4250 on: November 24, 2021, 12:56:58 am »
Six by Nico getting 0 out of 5 from the council for food hygiene.

Shocking that a so called mid-range restaurant are so lax with food hygiene.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4251 on: November 24, 2021, 01:56:41 pm »
Six by Nico getting 0 out of 5 from the council for food hygiene.

Shocking that a so called mid-range restaurant are so lax with food hygiene.
Fucking hell really? That's dreadful. My Ma's a Civil Servant and a few years back did a secondment with the Food Standards Agency and tagged along to some restaurant inspections - her takeaway from it is that you'd be surprised how filthy you can be and still get a 2 star rating, so 0 must be horrendous. She said 4 is the minimum she'd eat at now.

Having said that, you can be given a 0 just for having filled in the paperwork incorrectly or having deviated from the initial layout you advised upon installation of the kitchen, so maybe it's that and Six isn't a festering shithole. Certainly hope not, we had a cracking meal there not a month ago.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4252 on: November 24, 2021, 02:51:43 pm »
My guess is the paperwork around a changing menu. It is piss easy to get a 5 star food hygiene rating when your menu is exactly the same. Paperwork, temperature checks, chicken kept away from other meats, training etc is all standardised and your kitchen is designed around that.

If you are constantly changing your menu (like six by neco do) then all the standardisation goes out the window. Just takes one piece of chicken to be found in a fridge containing fish or cooked meat to send your score plummeting

I doubt this will be a horror story like bugs/rodent infestation. They didn't feel the need to close the place

Offline howman

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4253 on: November 25, 2021, 06:38:23 am »
Try The Monro.

So we went to Monro this Sunday and had a really tasty Sunday lunch. All the vegetables were cooked well, the meat tasty and there was a good amount of food and gravy. The service was, excellent which given we ate early evening was impressive.

As a side, at the table next to us were three younger people, who hadn't booked and who ordered three roasts and three soft drinks. They tucked in and made comments about it being the best lamb shank they had had and how good it all was. Then, at the end of the meal they carefully piled all their remaining food onto one plate and tidied it up, making it look like it was untouched. They had ensured they had left enough of everything to complete the picture.

They then complained that one of them didn't touch the food as it wasn't very good and requested it off the bill.

After the manager intervened and some to-ing and fro-ing the manager reluctantly agreed to remove one meal from the bill.

The three paid in cash and left.

Is this opportunism or general shithousery? To my mind it's definitely the latter.  :butt

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4254 on: November 25, 2021, 09:10:10 am »
So we went to Monro this Sunday and had a really tasty Sunday lunch. All the vegetables were cooked well, the meat tasty and there was a good amount of food and gravy. The service was, excellent which given we ate early evening was impressive.

As a side, at the table next to us were three younger people, who hadn't booked and who ordered three roasts and three soft drinks. They tucked in and made comments about it being the best lamb shank they had had and how good it all was. Then, at the end of the meal they carefully piled all their remaining food onto one plate and tidied it up, making it look like it was untouched. They had ensured they had left enough of everything to complete the picture.

They then complained that one of them didn't touch the food as it wasn't very good and requested it off the bill.

After the manager intervened and some to-ing and fro-ing the manager reluctantly agreed to remove one meal from the bill.

The three paid in cash and left.

Is this opportunism or general shithousery? To my mind it's definitely the latter.  :butt

Deserves a place in the mingebags thread , bang out of order and arlarse trick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4255 on: November 25, 2021, 09:44:43 am »
Deserves a place in the mingebags thread , bang out of order and arlarse trick

Never mind mingebags more like full scale twattish Tory behaviour.

Shitbags. I bet they laughed about it all the way home.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4256 on: November 25, 2021, 10:30:36 am »
That's beyond mingebaggery and into the realms of straight up theft. I don't understand how any normal, decent minded person could go to a restaurant, enjoy the food and then proceed to do that to the people who served you a nice meal.

Would have called them out in front of the manager me.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4257 on: November 25, 2021, 11:06:20 am »
Fucking hell what did they save, about £3 each??!!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4258 on: November 25, 2021, 11:14:52 am »
Zorbas last night for first time in ages.

Still best Greek food around by a mile. That Hummus he makes in there is bloody sublime.

Lovely to see the place bursting at the seems and full of life again. Last time I went in there to was to pick up a takeaway I ordered at New Year, to help them out when soft arse Boris moved the goalposts last minute again. That time it was in darkness and deserted.

Made up it survived lockdown and is still here nearly 50 years after it opened.

I just wanted to say thanks for this. This thread's really good for me because I don't live locally any more, but get back every now and then, so this thread's my go to.
I was out with a client a few weeks back and when we walked past, he spotted it and wanted to try it. Before committing I had a quick scan of this thread and saw your post as I was pretty sure I'd seen the odd good comment.
It wasn't hugely busy as it was early on in the week, but they clearly have a good crowd of regulars. Everything we had was bang on, apart from the Greek salad, but that was personal preference more than anything.

The waitress was telling us about how long it's been open and I think that places like this need to be cherished. We don't have enough restaurants that are seen as institutions in this country.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: November 25, 2021, 09:50:48 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks for this. This thread's really good for me because I don't live locally any more, but get back every now and then, so this thread's my go to.
I was out with a client a few weeks back and when we walked past, he spotted it and wanted to try it. Before committing I had a quick scan of this thread and saw your post as I was pretty sure I'd seen the odd good comment.
It wasn't hugely busy as it was early on in the week, but they clearly have a good crowd of regulars. Everything we had was bang on, apart from the Greek salad, but that was personal preference more than anything.

The waitress was telling us about how long it's been open and I think that places like this need to be cherished. We don't have enough restaurants that are seen as institutions in this country.

Glad to help mate and glad you enjoyed it.

It’s what this threads all about - had loads of good info from here and tried many great places myself that I wouldn’t have gone to otherwise.

Best thread on the site!

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4260 on: November 29, 2021, 01:07:11 pm »
Another nice evening on Saturday at The Butchers Café and bar on Booker Avenue.

Mainly a drinking spot, but does a selection of small plates/sharing platters.

Some nice ale on draft, the food is really good, and its a very pleasant and civilised place to have a bevy and a chat with your mates, whilst eating some nice food.

Its a very small place, and it shuts at half ten promptly due to some strict licensing conditions [its right in the middle of a residential area]. We were there for well over 5 hours on Saturday, casually drinking our way through the beer list, and grazing our way through a lot of the menu.

Waitress service at the table, so you don't even have to get off your arse to get served.

Nice relaxed vibe, with good background music played at a reasonable sound level.

£50 a head including a generous tip for the staff, who are great. Very good value for the amount of food and drink we had.

Boss place.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4261 on: November 29, 2021, 10:07:52 pm »
Another nice evening on Saturday at The Butchers Café and bar on Booker Avenue.

Mainly a drinking spot, but does a selection of small plates/sharing platters.

Some nice ale on draft, the food is really good, and its a very pleasant and civilised place to have a bevy and a chat with your mates, whilst eating some nice food.

Its a very small place, and it shuts at half ten promptly due to some strict licensing conditions [its right in the middle of a residential area]. We were there for well over 5 hours on Saturday, casually drinking our way through the beer list, and grazing our way through a lot of the menu.

Waitress service at the table, so you don't even have to get off your arse to get served.

Nice relaxed vibe, with good background music played at a reasonable sound level.

£50 a head including a generous tip for the staff, who are great. Very good value for the amount of food and drink we had.

Boss place.

Back in the 60s one of my mates was a butcher's boy there, even had the bike with wicker basket to make deliveries to Mather Avenue and around Caldies.

The Amakura cafe on the other side of Brodie Avenue is a good place for a sandwich and a nice cup of tea and a piece of cake.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #4262 on: November 30, 2021, 09:18:10 pm »
Six by Nico: Cooking Paris was an absolute delight. Each course was delicious but particularly the Chestnut Veloute and the Breast of Duck. Didn’t even mind that the duck was meant to have truffle puy lentil fricasee but they’d swapped it out for a shredded duck leg ragu Coz the substitute was so good.
Believer

Offline sgezza17

• The Bonjela Baldrick
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4263 on: December 7, 2021, 09:38:49 pm »
Hi, looking for some restaurant recommendations for lunch, Friday and Saturday please guys.

Friday preferably somewhere around the docks area or within walking distance. Saturday happy to go wherever. Already been to Bacaro, Greek taverna, six by Nico, Shiraz palace and have saskruti and free state kitchen booked for the evening.

Anywhere else I should be trying? Misses is also vegetarian, thanks.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: December 7, 2021, 11:09:04 pm »
If you enjoyed Bacaro then this is from the same people , been told to go there as it’s really good but just haven’t had a chance yet

https://salthousebouchon.co.uk/

Offline sgezza17

• The Bonjela Baldrick
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4265 on: December 9, 2021, 01:35:26 am »
If you enjoyed Bacaro then this is from the same people , been told to go there as it’s really good but just haven’t had a chance yet

https://salthousebouchon.co.uk/

Thanks mate, looks nice i booked a table for there. Now just need a place for Friday!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4266 on: December 9, 2021, 09:13:05 am »
Cargo is boss, right on the river and near the docks.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: December 9, 2021, 11:01:59 am »
Owner of Lunya on national BBC radio this morning dissenting on the changes.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4268 on: December 9, 2021, 11:13:32 am »
Owner of Lunya on national BBC radio this morning dissenting on the changes.

They've been pretty vocal since the first lockdown.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4269 on: December 9, 2021, 12:07:30 pm »
They've been pretty vocal since the first lockdown.
I can understand it to an extent, especially since this time there's no financial aid. However, masks aren't compulsory in hospitality settings and there's no party size limit so I'm not entirely sure what the current issue is (outside of the whole handling of retail and hospitality during covid). It's better than it was this time last year, they can still have a full restaurant in the run up to Christmas.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4270 on: December 9, 2021, 12:12:38 pm »
I can understand it to an extent, especially since this time there's no financial aid. However, masks aren't compulsory in hospitality settings and there's no party size limit so I'm not entirely sure what the current issue is (outside of the whole handling of retail and hospitality during covid). It's better than it was this time last year, they can still have a full restaurant in the run up to Christmas.

Yeah not too sure what the issue is to be honest. They aren't enforcing vaccine passes in restaurants, mask wearing is no different and not detrimental anyway, they aren't limited numbers.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4271 on: December 9, 2021, 12:16:30 pm »
Yeah not too sure what the issue is to be honest. They aren't enforcing vaccine passes in restaurants, mask wearing is no different and not detrimental anyway, they aren't limited numbers.
From the snippet I heard, I inferred that he's worried about a lack of financial support should the previous restrictions take hold, ie group size, or passports be required for attendance.

Like you've said though, restaurants are on of the businesses where almost nothing is changing at present.

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4272 on: December 13, 2021, 04:38:04 pm »
Any recommendations for an early dinner around Hardman St/ Hope St/ Renshaw St before the match on Thursday?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 04:53:16 pm by benitezexpletives »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4273 on: December 14, 2021, 10:37:05 am »
Any recommendations for an early dinner around Hardman St/ Hope St/ Renshaw St before the match on Thursday?
FSK is on Maryland just off Hope, always decent. There's also Mowgli over on Bold who tend to serve quite quickly, as chain's tend to. I'd go FSK. There's loads of choice round there, is there something specific you're looking for? I went FSK as it's informal and they're likely to get all your food out at a decent clip if you're on a watch.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #4274 on: December 14, 2021, 05:34:22 pm »
The new Rudy's pizza is right at the top of Bold Street and was spot on few weeks ago.

You can't go wrong with Elif or Greek Taverna slightly further down the same street either if you fancy that type of food instead.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4275 on: December 16, 2021, 08:28:11 pm »
From the snippet I heard, I inferred that he's worried about a lack of financial support should the previous restrictions take hold, ie group size, or passports be required for attendance.

Like you've said though, restaurants are on of the businesses where almost nothing is changing at present.

Maybe not for the rules, but they will be getting a lot of cancellations and less footfall with people wanting to stay inside to avoid this now. Especially the target groups for places like Lunya. They will be taking a hit, a big one.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #4276 on: January 12, 2022, 07:36:13 pm »
Could anyone recommend any restaurants in Formby?
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4277 on: January 12, 2022, 07:50:26 pm »
Could anyone recommend any restaurants in Formby?

Always enjoyed great food and service at a little Indian place called the Hilal Balti House. That was always my favourite place to eat in Formby.

Don Luigi was OK too for Italian, but haven't been for absolute yonks.

And a little further out [Ainsdale] the Jade Gardens is a fantastic Chinese place.

Hope the info helps!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4278 on: January 14, 2022, 02:00:14 pm »
Best kebab in Liverpool anyone?....still Hot Chilli's (Abdul's) on Berry Street for me....been going there that long that whatever my state of intoxication, my feet will now take me there on auto-pilot...same order every time - a meat samosa, an onion bhaji and a large doner kebab in pitta with yoghurt sauce. Takeaway perfection.  :P
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4279 on: January 14, 2022, 03:39:34 pm »
Best kebab in Liverpool anyone?....still Hot Chilli's (Abdul's) on Berry Street for me....been going there that long that whatever my state of intoxication, my feet will now take me there on auto-pilot...same order every time - a meat samosa, an onion bhaji and a large doner kebab in pitta with yoghurt sauce. Takeaway perfection.  :P
I was going to mention them, my go to when I'm stumbling round after too many. The question is, have you ever had them sober and still rate them as high? I have only ever been in there when pissed.